PDA

View Full Version : House Season 8

Perdita
10-05-2011, 06:28
Hugh Laurie could be set to end his award-winning role as maverick medic Dr Gregory House.

Hugh, 51, has sealed his Hollywood career starring in the hit US show House, earning a reputed £256,000 an episode.

But the British actor told the Radio Times that the eighth season, which he films this summer, could be his last.

He told the magazine that "the end of that season, right now, looks like the end of the show".

Asked if leaving was his decision, he said of his contract: "Well, that's as far as they've got me for."

Hugh, who is based in Los Angeles, where his wife joins him for two weeks each month, won the role of Dr Gregory House in 2004 in the medical drama.

His performance as the US medical genius has won him two Golden Globe Awards, five Emmy nominations and two Screen Actors Guild Awards.

Hugh recently branched out into music by recording his first album, Let Them Talk, a collection of covers of blues standards, in which he tackles lead vocals, piano and guitar.

PA

Perdita
10-05-2011, 18:33
© Fox
Fox has announced that TV show House has been renewed for an eighth season.

Kevin Reilly, President of Entertainment for the broadcasting company, confirmed that the medical drama will continue to run for another year.

Reilly said: "Over the past seven seasons, House has redefined the medical drama and has given us one of television's most compelling and iconic characters.

"From the producers to the incredible writers to the unbelievably talented cast and crew, the House team is fearless in its creativity and I can't wait to see what they have in store next year."

House continues this Monday on Fox with a new episode titled 'After Hours', which sees Thirteen's (Olivia Wilde) ex-con friend Darrien (guest star Amy Landecker) arrive at her apartment in need of urgent medical attention.

House actor Hugh Laurie previously hinted to the Radio Times that the show could end after its eighth season, cliaming: "The end of that season, right now, looks like the end of the show."

DS

tammyy2j
12-05-2011, 11:41
I wonder will this be the last season it seems like Hugh is sick of playing House

StarsOfCCTV
12-05-2011, 12:02
I'm surprised that its been renewed, tbh.. its kinda run its course, season 7 was pretty non-eventful and nothing compared to the earlier seasons of House. Also it'd be nice to see Hugh Laurie do other things. :)

Abigail
12-05-2011, 17:44
I'm surprised that its been renewed, tbh.. its kinda run its course, season 7 was pretty non-eventful and nothing compared to the earlier seasons of House. Also it'd be nice to see Hugh Laurie do other things. :)

As much as I love house... I have to agree. I think season 8 should be the last. There's been some great storylines in the five five/six seasons but I can't actually remember a major storyline from season seven except House and Cuddy.

Perdita
17-05-2011, 20:10
House star Lisa Edelstein has announced that she will not be returning for the show's upcoming eighth season.

The actress, who plays Dr Gregory House's on-off love interest Dr Lisa Cuddy, confirmed that she has declined to extend her contract due to a desire to pursue other opportunities.

"After much consideration, I am moving onward with a combination of disappointment at leaving behind a character I have loved playing for seven years and excitement of the new opportunities in acting and producing that lie ahead," Edelstein said in a statement.

The 44-year-old later tweeted: "Twitter friends, I am reading all your kind thoughts and it feels great to have such support. You are the best!"

The actress suggested in March that she was looking forward to returning for the new season along with the show's other cast members.

Following the news of Edelstein's departure, as well as confirmation that Hugh Laurie, Olivia Wilde, Peter Jacobson, Robert Sean Leonard and Omar Epps have all signed new contracts, only Jesse Spencer's status is unknown.

Laurie recently suggested that the eighth season of House could also be its last.

House airs on Mondays at 8/7c on Fox in the US and on Thursdays at 10pm on Sky1 in the UK.

:(

Abigail
23-05-2011, 13:15
I think it would be right to end House with season 8. I don't think there's anywhere else the show and characters can go.

StarsOfCCTV
26-05-2011, 09:44
True. And House (whole show) won't be the same without Cuddy/Lisa. :(

Perdita
09-06-2011, 12:50
House creator David Shore has revealed that the upcoming eighth season will introduce "new players".

He told TV Line that a new female character will likely be introduced to fill the void left by the departing Lisa Edelstein (Cuddy).

"It's safe to say there'll be new players next season," he said. "We would want to have a female presence, absolutely."

Shore refused to be drawn on who will directly replace Cuddy as House's boss, but did admit that promoting Wilson (Robert Sean Leonard) is a possibility.

"[The new season is] wide open," he claimed. "Everything's on the table."

The showrunner previously admitted that he is "really disappointed" by Edelstein's departure from the show.

"I am still reeling from it," he confessed. "But we just started meeting a few days ago... to map out the first half of the next season, and we are having some very frank discussions about what we are going to do."

The eighth season of House will air on Mondays at 9/8c in the fall on Fox.

Perdita
05-07-2011, 14:35
Hugh Laurie has been named the new brand ambassador for the L'Oreal Paris Men Expert range.

The House actor joins current faces of L'Oreal including Gerard Butler and Grey's Anatomy star Patrick Dempsey.

In a statement announcing the news, he joked that he initially thought L'Oreal had "made a mistake" when they approached him.

"At first I thought it was a mistake, but then I realised that L'Oreal wasn't looking for models but real people with strong personalities, who are worth it... and who aren't afraid to proclaim that using cosmetics can be a very masculine decision, after all."

Cyril Chapup, the Global Brand President of L'Oreal Paris, added: "Hugh Laurie is the perfect example of a modern man: genuine, uninhibited, strong and willing to pursue his passions to the end.

"We are very excited that he is the spokesperson for these new liberated men!"

Beyoncé, Jennifer Lopez, Cheryl Cole, Gwen Stefani, Jane Fonda and Rachel Weisz are among the female ambassadors for L'Oreal.

Laurie was recently nominated for a Teen Choice Award 2011 in the category of 'Choice TV Actor: Drama' for his role as Gregory House in the Fox medical drama.

House was also named in the 'Choice TV Show: Drama' category, while Laurie's co-star Olivia Wilde was recognised in the 'Choice TV Actress: Drama' group.

Perdita
13-07-2011, 19:26
House star Jesse Spencer has confirmed that he will appear in the show's eighth season.

The actor has played Robert Chase on the Fox medical drama since it began in 2004.

Spencer, who was the only member of the show's main cast yet to sign a new contract, will reprise his role in the eighth run, according to TV Line.

He appeared to confirmed the news on his Twitter account, writing: "I'm coming back for season 8 with a tan."

Spencer's new deal is believed to have been reached late on Tuesday night. House was picked up for an eighth season back in May, though series star Hugh Laurie later suggested that the season will likely be the show's last.

Lisa Edelstein previously confirmed that she will not appear as Lisa Cuddy in the eighth season of House, and has since signed up to appear on The Good Wife.

House will return to Fox on Monday, October 3 at 9/8c.

tammyy2j
21-07-2011, 16:15
Hugh Laurie has signed up to join Beyonce and Cheryl Cole as a face of L'Oreal.
The British actor and blues singer - known for playing a dishevelled doctor in hit drama House - has been unveiled as the new male ambassador for the cosmetics brand, The Independent reports.

Hugh said: "At first I thought it was a mistake but then I realised that L'Oreal wasn't looking for models, but real people with strong personalities, who are worth it... and who aren't afraid to proclaim that using cosmetics can be a very masculine decision after all."

The 51-year-old star joins Hollywood hunks Gerard Butler and Patrick Dempsey as an ambassador for L'Oreal Paris and will soon be appearing in adverts for its Men Expert products.

Cyril Chapuy, global brand president of L'Oreal Paris, said Hugh was "the perfect example of a modern man: genuine, uninhibited, strong and willing to pursue his passions to the end".

lizann
21-07-2011, 20:52
I hope Cuddy returns for one episode at least just for closure for her and House

tammyy2j
26-07-2011, 11:53
Odette Annable has joined the cast of House as a series regularfor Season 8, TVGuide.com has confirmed.
Annable, 26, who co-starred on Fox's midseason comedy Breaking In, has signed on to play a prison doctor who House (Hugh Laurie) meets while behind bars, Deadline.com reports. The cranky doc will invite her character to join his team of colleagues at Princeton-Plainsboro — which is much smaller these days since Lisa Edelstein and Amber Tamblyn have left the show and Olivia Wilde is still splitting her time between shooting movies and filming the series.
As such, Annable will be the show's only female regular, opposite Laurie, Jesse Spencer, Omar Epps, Robert Sean Leonard and Peter Jacobson.
So what does this mean for Breaking In's chances for renewal? Fox appeared to cancel the series, which also stars Christian Slater and Bret Harrison, in the network's season-end slaughter. According to Deadline, though, Annable's contract allows her time to shoot on Breaking should Fox renew it. Reps for the Fox series declined to comment on how Annable's role on House will affect Breaking In.
Annable also recently appeared on Brothers & Sisters' final season, as a love interest for Justin (Dave Annable, aka her husband).

tammyy2j
03-08-2011, 14:17
Dr. House is paging a revitalized female cast for fall.

House producers just hired actress-comedian Charlyne Yi to join the show as a series regular. Yi will help repopulate the female cast of the Fox medical drama that’s seen departing names over the years, such as Lisa Edelstein and Amber Tamblyn, especially now that Olivia Wilde is part time.

Yi joins the team playing a young doctor on the show, coming on the heels of House hiring another new female full-timer, Breaking In co-star Odette Annable, who will play a prison doctor. Yi had a scene-stealing role in Knocked Up and recently was in NBC’s Love Bites. She’s repped by UTA, Christie Smith at Mosaic and Lev Ginsberg.

Perdita
04-08-2011, 15:17
House creator David Shore has dropped new hints about Odette Annable's role on the show.

The Cloverfield star will appear in the medical drama's eighth season as a prison doctor who later transfers to House's team at Princeton-Plainsboro.

"She's working in prison and there's a bit of a connection," Shore told Entertainment Weekly. "[But it's] not a physical connection [because] she doesn't really know House. He's just a prisoner."

Shore added that "things [will] change" between Annable's character and House (Hugh Laurie), who will be jailed after driving his car into Cuddy (Lisa Edelstein)'s home.

"[House] changes her, and she changes him," hinted the showrunner.

He went on to say that the eighth season of House will return to "the basics" of what made the show successful, and will focus on "the fundamental questions of right and wrong".

"We're excited about it," he said. "[And Odette is] great. She's smart [and] she's funny."

House will return to Fox on October 3.

Perdita
05-08-2011, 20:41
House creator David Shore has revealed more details about the show's upcoming prison storyline.

The medical drama's eighth season will begin with House (Hugh Laurie) serving time in jail, after driving his vehicle into the home of Cuddy (Lisa Edelstein).

Shore told TV Line: "We... wanted to play with the notion of how much does he feel a sense of responsibility [over what happened]. He would never admit it but [his feelings of guilt are] there."

The showrunner added that House "has to pay a price" for his actions, but denied that the maverick doctor was attempting to kill his ex-girlfriend Cuddy.

"It was certainly an act of violence, and it was certainly an irresponsible act.," he argued. But I do feel strongly that he was not trying to kill anybody."

Shore confirmed that House will have spent "months" in jail when the new season begins.

"Season eight is going to start months after season seven ended," he said. "[But] we want to get back to the core of our show."

He continued: "Our show isn't about House in prison... so we want to get back to the core values of our show as soon as possible, but obviously with a slightly different set-up."

He went on to suggest that "the passage of time" off-screen will provide "closure" to the House / Cuddy relationship.

"We had to go down that road [of exploring their romance]," he said. "I'm proud of the way we went down that road, [even though] it was polarising to some extent."

House will return to Fox on October 3.

tammyy2j
02-09-2011, 12:23
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLXLCJElI0M

Abigail
04-09-2011, 14:24
Why is House in prison?

tammyy2j
05-09-2011, 13:24
Why is House in prison?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eheaFN4sJY4&feature=related

Chloe O'brien
07-09-2011, 11:58
For running his car into Cuddy's house.

Abigail
07-09-2011, 18:04
Oh yes, I remember now! I don't really know what else to say after watching that clip.

tammyy2j
11-09-2011, 21:57
Season 8 Promo Poster

http://bblackz.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/PHxGrC1jN5aAAC_1_m.jpg

Perdita
17-10-2011, 17:24
Jamie Bamber has signed up for a guest role in House.

The actor will play a patient in the show's upcoming November 7 episode 'The Confession', Fox revealed today.

Bamber's character is described as "well-respected", but when he suddenly collapses, the medical team discover that he has been "hiding dark secrets" and "lying about his personal and professional life".

The patient ends up telling the truth to his family and community, but endangers his chances of receiving the right medical treatment by doing so.

Bamber previously starred in Band of Brothers, Battlestar Galactica and British series Outcasts and Law & Order: UK.

Wentworth Miller will guest star in this week's episode of House, which airs tonight at 9/8c on Fox in the US and on Thursday at 10pm on Sky1 in the UK.

Perdita
27-10-2011, 11:36
Melanie Lynskey has signed up for a guest role on House.

The Two and a Half Men star will play the wife of House's latest patient, according to TV Line.

In a twist on the show's usual format, Lynskey's episode will focus on her character, rather than on her ailing spouse.

The actress plays Rose on Two and a Half Men and has also appeared in episodes of Memphis Beat and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

Her film credits include 2006's Flags of Our Fathers, 2009's Up in the Air and the forthcoming The Perks of Being a Wallflower.

Lynskey's House episode will air in early 2012. Other actors signed to appear in the medical drama's eighth season include Rescue Me's John Scurti and Battlestar Galactica's Jamie Bamber.

Former series regular Olivia Wilde recently revealed that she is unlikely to return to the show after her character Thirteen was written out.

House returns to Fox on October 31.

Perdita
25-11-2011, 05:40
Hugh Laurie has hinted that he may stop acting on television once House comes to an end.

The British actor has starred in the hugely popular medical drama since 2004, and reportedly takes in between £156,000 to £250,000 per episode. It is currently in its eighth season.

He revealed that he feels "extremely lucky" to have landed the role, and said that he may try his hand at working behind the camera on future projects.

"I think I have been rather spoiled here [in America]," he told the Daily Record. "I can't imagine there will be another one quite like this.

"I think I will probably be as interested by either writing or producing or directing, or some other aspect. I find the whole field of it fascinating."

He added: "And I think I am extremely lucky to have had the one shot that I have had at it and I wouldn't go looking for lightning to strike twice."

Speaking about his career post-House, he said: "I hope I'm not going to drop dead, assuming that I'm unplugged.

"We have done 170-odd shows, that's about 56 feature films' worth. That's a huge amount of experience and that sort of experience gives you a confidence in a way.

"I think that I have a confidence that I might not have had. I'm slightly more confident now [than] when I started."

House creator David Shore recently hinted that its current season may be its last.

Hugh Laurie recently performed at the Children in Need Rocks event alongside Coldplay and Lady GaGa.

Perdita
09-02-2012, 06:40
House will not continue past its eighth season, show execs have confirmed.

Executive producers David Shore, Katie Jacobs and Hugh Laurie, who has previously hinted at the series end, revealed that the Fox medical drama will draw to a close later this year in a statement released Wednesday.

"The decision to end the show now, or ever, is a painful one, as it risks putting asunder hundreds of close friendships that have developed over the last eight years - but also because the show itself has been a source of great pride to everyone involved," they said.

"The producers have always imagined House as an enigmatic creature; he should never be the last one to leave the party. How much better to disappear before the music stops, while there is still some promise and mystique in the air."

Abigail
12-02-2012, 17:23
It's the right decision. I have no interest in watching season 8, mainly because of the new woman who irritates me. I'd say season 8 has been the worst in the show's history.

Perdita
12-02-2012, 17:29
It's the right decision. I have no interest in watching season 8, mainly because of the new woman who irritates me. I'd say season 8 has been the worst in the show's history.

I don't think you are the only one that thinks so, it is not the same as it was :(

tammyy2j
13-02-2012, 15:11
Lisa Edelstein, Jennifer Morrison and Olivia Wilde should return for the final episode

Perdita
29-02-2012, 06:46
Lisa Edelstein will not be making an appearance on the final season of House, it has been reported.

Edelstein, who played Dr Cuddy opposite Hugh Laurie on the Fox medical drama, exited the show in May last year to pursue other roles.

Fox recently announced that House would be ending after eight seasons on air.

Show executive David Shore said that a possible reunion between House and Cuddy before the series finale could happen, but sources have now told TV Line that the 44-year-old will not be returning to the series.

The actress said last year: "I haven't talked to anyone over there so it would seem unlikely. Who knows what I'll be doing? I have a lot on my plate.

"I wouldn't want to answer that and get anyone's hopes up. It doesn't seem like that's the direction anyone is going in."

The series finale of House airs May 21 on Fox.

Perdita
05-03-2012, 15:41
Jennifer Morrison has confirmed that she will not return to House for the show's series finale.

The Fox medical drama, which stars Hugh Laurie, will conclude on May 21 after eight seasons.

Morrison, who played Dr Allison Cameron from 2004 to 2010, told Entertainment Weekly: "No-one's contacted me [about returning], and we're way too close for it to even be a possibility."

The actress, who currently stars in ABC's Once Upon a Time, added: "It's a really special show and became an important part of television pop culture. I feel really lucky to have been a part of it."

Last year, Morrison told Digital Spy that she would "love" to return to House for a guest appearance.

"I love Cameron and I'll always have an affection for [that character]," she said. "So if I were given the opportunity to [come back], of course I would."

Lisa Edelstein (Lisa Cuddy) will also be absent from the final House episode, it was confirmed last month.

The instalment will be directed and co-written by House creator David Shore.

Abigail
11-03-2012, 17:23
As much as I love House, it should have ended with season 7. The new woman (who is a medical student!) lets the whole side down. There was nowhere else to take the show last year so season 8 seems like a lame duck, especially without Cuddy.

tammyy2j
20-04-2012, 13:52
Sources confirm to TVLine exclusively that the May 21 capper is titled, “Everybody Dies.”
The morbid epithet is a fitting bookend to House‘s eight-year run, seeing as how the 2004 pilot was called, “Everybody Lies.”
It’s also likely to intensify speculation that the show’s final arc will find the doctor becoming the patient.
In a recent interview with TVLine, House creator David Shore — who co-wrote and directed the finale — described the hour-long send-off as “a fitting ending” that will feature “a few” of the show’s alumni (Olivia Wilde’s Thirteen included) reprising their roles.
Speaking of Wilde, TVLine has learned that the actress’ return engagement has been expanded to two episodes. In addition to the finale, she will also appear in the penultimate episode on May 14.