PDA

View Full Version : Being Human Series 4 ***Contains Spoiler*******

Perdita
14-03-2011, 15:23
The BBC has commissioned a fourth series of Being Human, which will air in 2012.

Last night's series three finale picked up 1.05m viewers for BBC Three, according to overnight ratings, and the show was once again critically acclaimed.

The fourth run of Toby Whitehouse's drama will apparently pick up with the aftermath of last night's finale as the housemates return to Barry Island. There are also plans for further guest roles following the appearances of Lacey Turner and Robson Green during the recent run.

BBC Three acting controller Harry Lansdown said: "Being Human's brilliant mixture of fantasy and everyday life continues to provide must-see, ground-breaking drama for BBC Three, and I'm delighted to announce a fourth series for 2012."

Toby Whitehouse added: "We were overwhelmed by the response to series three, and so we're absolutely thrilled that the BBC have given us this opportunity to continue our show into a fourth year.

"We've got another intense and epic story lined up for you, with some new faces and old, and even more horror and mayhem and mugs of tea. I can't wait to get started."

Series four, which was given the green light by controller of BBC drama commissioning Ben Stephenson, will include eight 60-minute episodes.

DS

Dazzle
14-03-2011, 16:37
It won't be the same without Mitchell :(

tammyy2j
14-03-2011, 17:10
It won't be the same without Mitchell :(

I agree

blah blah
14-03-2011, 18:34
Mitchell will be back!!! they can't do another series without one of the main characters, he'll be brought back to life some how i bet Annie ends up doing it as well

Dazzle
14-03-2011, 19:01
Mitchell will be back!!! they can't do another series without one of the main characters, he'll be brought back to life some how i bet Annie ends up doing it as well

Anything's possible in a supernatural drama, of course, but I think it's unlikely Mitchell will be back as Aidan Turner has gone on to bigger things. He's been cast in Peter Jackson's The Hobbit.

By the way, welcome to Soapboards, blah blah :)

lizann
15-03-2011, 18:03
I wont be watching without Mitchell

tammyy2j
17-10-2011, 15:42
Damien Molony has been cast in series four of Being Human.

The Irish actor will play vampire Hal, replacing Aidan Turner's character Mitchell who was killed in the last series finale. However, he insisted that his character will be very different to Mitchell.

Molony told SFX: "I'm actually playing an English vampire - very, very posh. Very upper class.

"Hal's not Mitchell 2. There's a lot of backstory to play with, and I assure you he's very, very different."

Molony added that Hal will dress smartly, saying: "At the start, I'm a tweed suits man. Very, very well dressed - pressed shirts and cufflinks.

"The best part about playing a vampire is you get all the best clothes. I know some people have raided Aidan's wardrobe from last year and helped themselves to some coats and some jackets."

Being Human creator Toby Whithouse previously teased the fourth series, claiming that the show will take a journey "to somewhere even we have never gone before".

Perdita
09-01-2012, 10:34
Being Human is back on BBC Three in the near future, and there's a few changes in store for series four! With Mitchell (Aidan Turner) gone for good and George (Russell Tovey) also on his way out, Annie (Lenora Crichlow) is left as the last ghost standing...

There's a new paranormal lineup fronting the next eight episodes, as Annie is joined by new vampire Hal - one of the powerful Old Ones - and Michael Socha's werewolf Tom, now sticking around Honolulu Heights full-time.

Fans of the show can also expect a new roster of supporting characters, including Harry Potter's Mark Williams as Regus, Andrew Gower as Cutler and Alex Griffin as the aptly-named Griffin.

Being Human will return to BBC Three with fourth series premiere 'Eve Of The War'.

being human<3
21-01-2012, 19:28
mitchell isnt coming back because aidan turner is going to be in the middle of filming the hoppit :( :\

lizann
25-01-2012, 20:28
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wV-Afza7HwE&feature=player_embedded

Rain_
06-02-2012, 11:05
Wasn't sure I was going to enjoy the new series with most of the best ones gone, but, I found myself glued to the screen as usual. It's opened up a whole host of great new storylines.

lizann
06-02-2012, 19:46
George and Nina dead :(

Perdita
09-02-2012, 11:51
26 February

Annie, Hal and Tom are like a ring of steel protecting baby Eve - so when Kirby, a ghost from the 1970s calls at the house, they’re immediately suspicious.

Kirby wins them over with his feckless personality and proof that he’s been sent by Nina to help look after the baby. Annie soon falls for the handsome, charismatic ghost – perhaps Nina also sent him for reasons other than the baby?

Tom is utterly charmed by him, too, pleased to have an alpha male about the house to teach him the way of the world. Hal has his doubts about Kirby, but then Kirby has his doubts about Hal. Who will be proved right?

tammyy2j
09-02-2012, 12:26
Wasn't sure I was going to enjoy the new series with most of the best ones gone, but, I found myself glued to the screen as usual. It's opened up a whole host of great new storylines.

I really like Tom

Perdita
16-02-2012, 12:11
4th March 2012

Episode Five sees the return of Series Three’s and Becoming Human’s teenage vampire Adam.

Adam is madly in love with no-nonsense head teacher Yvonne, much to the dismay of our heroes. They’re on the run from the press, who see the relationship as a scandal.

Since vampires can’t be pictured on camera, the housemates are concerned about Adam getting photographed. They force him to confess his – and their – true nature to Yvonne. It’s a lot to take in, but there are bigger surprises in store when Yvonne discovers the reason that she’s able to see Annie, as well as what this means for her love affair with Adam.

Perdita
01-03-2012, 14:12
Sunday 18 March

9.00-10.00pm

BBC THREE and BBC HD

Tensions run high when Cutler takes Tom under his wing.

He’s got big plans for Tom - together they’re going to be history makers.

Hal’s wicked past catches up with him and he finds himself led down a path of temptation. Having succumbed to drinking blood, Hal’s second date with Alex doesn’t exactly go to plan.

Meanwhile, Annie is called to Purgatory by the mysterious woman from the future. She’s got big news for Annie - there’s only one way to save the earth from imminent destruction by the vampires. But will Annie even contemplate the task that she’s given?

N.Fan
08-03-2012, 15:47
I thought it was a lot better with Mitchel,Nina and George.Dosen't seem to be as much violence as there was in previous series.

Perdita
15-03-2012, 18:35
Mark Gattis has dropped hints about his forthcoming guest role on Being Human.

The Sherlock actor will appear in the final two episodes of the paranormal drama's fourth series.

"I wanted to do something different with it," he told The Guardian. "Before Dracula, [vampires] weren't these gothic, Byronic, romantic creatures, they were filthy and disgusting.

"I wanted to have red hair, because you never have ginger vampires, and terrible teeth, and these really dirty fingernails. And they gave me everything I wanted.

"So there's lots of lovely close-ups of my filthy hands and terrible teeth. He's about 3,000 years old, he's literally rotting from the inside."

Gatiss added that his character Mr Snow arrives in pursuit of fellow vampire Hal (Damien Molony).

"The Old Ones have come back to pick up where they left off with Hal," he explained. "Hal seems to have escaped them for the past 55 years, and then there's a lovely scene where I say to him I've just given him the afternoon off. Because the timescale that we work on, 55 years is just the blink of an eye."

He described filming on the BBC Three series, which also stars Lenora Crichlow and Michael Socha, as "fantastic".

"When I was a kid I used to recreate the end of Dracula, rising from the grave," he admitted. "All these years I've wanted to be king of the vampires, so I had a fantastic time."

Being Human continues on Sunday at 9pm on BBC Three. In the US, the show airs on Saturdays at 9/8c on BBC America.