PDA

View Full Version : Jaye Jacobs as Donna

Perdita
24-02-2011, 15:53
Jaye Jacobs has reflected on her departure from Holby City, admitting that she will miss the show's dramatic storylines.

The actress's character Donna Jackson will bow out of the BBC medical drama next month following a seven-year stint on screen. Her exit storyline sees her move away with love interest Kieran Callaghan (Barry Sloane).

Speaking to the Central Somerset Gazette about leaving Holby, Jacobs explained: "I'm definitely going to miss all the drama. Filming my final scenes was really overwhelming - it was incredibly emotional and intense, and it made it all very hard and raw.

"I knew it was the last few scenes she'd have and I put myself under a lot of pressure to get them right. But the cast and crew were all so supportive and they knew I wanted to put in the best performance I could.

"It wasn't until later that I realised I'd put myself under a hideously stressful situation and that I should just be enjoying the experience. Afterwards, I realised how much I was looking forward to embracing something new.

"I've been playing Donna for years, and it was a great chance to embrace something new and put myself in a new situation where I could play new characters."

Jacobs took on a theatre role after filming her final Holby scenes and she is now looking forward to new projects.

She said: "At the moment I've got the flu, so I'm going to recover from that and then start auditioning again. I want to do a wide variety of stuff - and I'm just going to see what comes along that takes my interest."

alan45
03-03-2011, 16:47
Jaye Jacobs has admitted that filming her Holby City exit storyline was an emotional experience.

The actress recently bowed out of the BBC medical drama after seven years playing Donna Jackson and her final scenes will air next week.

Speaking to The Mirror about her departure, Jacobs explained: "I cried solidly for two weeks before I left. I tried to hide it but there were a few times when I had to leave the set and nip off to the loo because I couldn't stop sobbing. I felt ridiculous."

She continued: "It was terribly scary. It hit me about a month before I finished filming when I realised all the people who had supported me just weren't going to be there any more.

"I was a child when I started on Holby City and feel like I grew up on that show. I was very much the baby of the team and the cast and crew and production staff have seen me through some huge things in my life."

Donna's final storyline sees her move away with love interest Kieran Callaghan (Barry Sloane).

StarsOfCCTV
03-03-2011, 19:51
Gutted.. :( I love Donna, but glad they're not killing her off and giving her a relatively happy exit storyline. :)

JustJodi
08-03-2011, 22:38
I was wondering since they did not kill her off,,, I presume they have left the doors open for her to return if need be ... she really has grown up,,,

StarsOfCCTV
09-03-2011, 00:49
I think it would have been harsh to kill her off, she has been there for 7 years. I would love for her to come back one day but I hope they won't end her relationship with Kieran in order for her to come back, because its nice to see her happy/settled for once. :)

lizann
16-09-2023, 23:18
off to prison, casualty exit

Perdita
17-09-2023, 04:55
https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/casualty/a45154582/casualty-has-donna-jackson-left-jaye-jacobs/

Casualty aired a shocking cliffhanger in the second part of tonight's double episode (September 16), as Donna Jackson learned her fate.

Donna was sentenced to 12 months in prison ? six in custody ? for falling asleep at the wheel and causing a car accident that left Ashley's mum with life-changing injuries.

Digital Spy can confirm that this is the last we will be seeing of Donna for now.

Jaye Jacobs, who plays Donna, filmed her final scenes in the role earlier in the year, but the door has very much been left open for the character to return in the future.

Tonight's second episode followed Donna on one of the most challenging days of her life.

After arriving home following another night of passion with Max, Donna struggled to concentrate, knowing her sentencing was looming.

She then clashed with her daughter Mia, who wanted to know what was going to happen to her and her sister if Donna did go to prison.

Donna did her best to be positive, while simultaneously trying not to make promises that she couldn't keep.

Ashley opened up to Donna about his fears, explaining that he didn't know how he was going to look after himself and his mum's ongoing needs.

Donna's apologies didn't cut it with Ashley and she was asked, for the second time that day, what the future will hold if she goes to prison.

Realising that Ashley was facing the same struggle as her own daughters, Donna headed home, where she apologised to Mia for everything.

At court, Donna was given reason to be optimistic when she learned that the judge had a good reputation, and an affinity with the NHS.

Sure enough, things got off to a good start when a nervous Ashley gave his statement, which explained just how much Donna has helped him.

Unfortunately, this didn't carry favour with the judge, who eventually sentenced Donna to 12 months ? half in prison, half on licence.

Donna then faced an emotional farewell with Mia, before being led away to prison in cuffs.

Discussing Donna's challenging story, Jaye said to Inside Soap: "I struggled with it, because Donna has always been straight up.

"Although I put it down to the fact that she was extremely tired, and she thought she was going to get screwed over by other people in the accident, so it was a defensive thing.

"It seemed like a good thing to do in the moment, but it was a web she couldn't then un-weave."

Addressing the audience's reaction to Donna's web of lies, Jaye added: "They were quite shocked, they are like, "What is she doing?".

"But people like to see characters in a scrape, don't they? So they seem to have quite enjoyed it."

Following tonight's episodes, Casualty will now be taking a short break from screens, but will be back later in the autumn.