PDA

View Full Version : Jake & Danny Moon AXED!!! - NOW CONFIRMED

Pages : [1] 2 3

Treacle
16-03-2005, 08:23
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/allnews/tm_objectid=15298046%26method=full%26siteid=50143% 26headline=moons%2declipsed-name_page.html

melmarshall858
16-03-2005, 08:30
that is such a shock i am not a grest fan of them i like jake but don't much care for danny but all the same they haven't really had much of a chance and are so popular with viewers.
why did it take so long to get rid of the fereras and they go after 3 months?

Treacle
16-03-2005, 08:31
I believe we will have them for a short while to come but they're on their way out of the door.

*JSW*
16-03-2005, 08:31
"Both Joel Beckett (Jake) and Jake Maskall (Danny) have brought much talent and energy.

Sorry? What talent?

WQ, you'll know i'm not suprised but it still hasn't officially been confirmed so its a case of wait and see...

Treacle
16-03-2005, 08:33
I think JY will have decided to get rid of them.

chec2k
16-03-2005, 09:00
I never took to their characters, EE needs to build up its strong women characters like Kat, Sonia and Chrissy.

Tanya
16-03-2005, 09:04
i like Jake but not Danny, they're great characters i dont understand why they have gone :S

Treacle
16-03-2005, 09:05
They haven't gone yet.

chance
16-03-2005, 09:55
must be a record for a axing? feeerias were in it longer.i know it says they were popular etc but they obviously went down like a lead balloon.

crazygirl
16-03-2005, 09:58
shame about that because i think they are quite good, does anyone know when the contracts run out

daisy38
16-03-2005, 09:59
Probably towards the end of the year! :)

Meh
16-03-2005, 09:59
Jake & Danny actually bring the show alive, especially with Danny being such a loose cannon. What they gonna do - get another Derek in the show:confused:

Treacle
16-03-2005, 10:00
Danny can't act.

Meh
16-03-2005, 10:03
Still made it more interesting.

Treacle
16-03-2005, 10:06
No they didn't and you're making my blood boil lol :D (sorry I just had to tell you that) that is a good show and it's been ruined for far too long with gangster stuff how dare you suggest we should keep the characters in it who are crime related!!!!!

Claire
16-03-2005, 11:10
They can axe Danny for all I care but they must keep Jake :( him and Chrisse make a great couple, great chemistry there between them. I loved their scenes last night. The Jake character has a lot of potential.

Treacle
16-03-2005, 11:16
No they are gangsters get rid and keep them out lol.

parveena
16-03-2005, 11:19
i thought everyone liked jake and danny. i remeber when they first come on and in the old messageboard, everyone kept going on how good they are byt now everyone keeps on dissing them

callummc
16-03-2005, 11:25
I can't say i'm suprised but i feel sorry for the two actor's ,theyv'e not been given a chance,but i wish they'd take alfie and nanna with them.

Treacle
16-03-2005, 11:26
Nana is an excellent character. She does very little but she's a sweetheart.

melmarshall858
16-03-2005, 11:56
i do agree the character of alfie has been ruined since he left the vic he hasnt really got a part to play any more and i don;t buy the 'love' between him and mo. him and kat were so in love how can he fall for her sister.

hurry back kat and give him some decent storylines to make him loveable again

Thandie
16-03-2005, 11:59
Yea l agree with you too. Thing Alfie and Moe thing is not an affair most fans would like to see grow into a relationship.

Mr_Cellophane
16-03-2005, 12:02
How can they say they are getting rid of them "because there are too many gangsters" and bring back Phil Mitchell the original "gangster".
They would do better by keeping the Moon's and not returning to Phil and his mood swings. I though that, at last, they were moving on with some new characters. But no they prefer to rerun old stories with old characters. Phil will add nothing new, he has run his course. You would have thought they would have learned their lesson with the return of Den.

Treacle
16-03-2005, 12:08
Phil never left the show, he hasn't been out that long and only took a break, he also not a proper gangster.
Please try to stay on topic this is not a discussion about Alfie and Little Mo :)

soapaddict
16-03-2005, 12:27
oh no!

Jake is leaving :eek:

i love his character and cant wait to see his storyline with Chrissie.

Not to sure about Danny though.

stacyefc
16-03-2005, 12:34
they cannot get rid of them they are great in it. everyone loved them a few weeks ago so i don't know why there getting axed

rosiec211
16-03-2005, 12:39
They might be crime related-but they haven't had much chance to change have they? I didnt like them initially when they came cos of the hassle they caused poor Alfie-but I think they've really livened up the show-look at the Jake and Chrissie storyline and how many people are hooked on them getting together-and Danny's certainly creating a stir amongst the ladies in the Square. I think all the Moon's are great characters and I'm shattered they've been axed.

Bad Wolf
at least they are nice to look at???

Siobhan
Jake is Johnny's puppet and just tell Danny to behave.. Danny is the "rebel" and goes against Jake.. Maybe Danny will throw Jake of the same bridge that Andy was pushed off and Johnny sees him, cried "noooooooo he is my son" and then throws Danny over too.. make interesting TV...

Or.. EE could turn Jake and Danny into Lethal Weapon EE style

locaputa
16-03-2005, 12:48
How do we know this is true? BBC has not mentioned this information.

Treacle
16-03-2005, 12:50
The beeb don't always have to! We will soon see but I can imagine John Yorke wanting to get rid of the deadwood starting with these two.

crazygirl
16-03-2005, 13:02
me and my fella laugh at danny when he gets in a temper because he is so camp

angelblue
16-03-2005, 13:07
I like the moon brothers its an shame and also the chrissie and jake thing was good as well?

Bad Wolf
16-03-2005, 13:08
i like them too, they need chance to grow and develop, they have been a big hit with the ladies and are getting press attention, for the right reasons?

parveena
16-03-2005, 13:24
:) :rolleyes: yeah well lets all keep our fingers crossed. enders could do with a decent storyline to keep everyone hooked. what has been your favourite storyline of enders of all times?

hanbecjes
16-03-2005, 13:31
danny and jake have really brought something good to the show, this is so strange as eevrything i have heard about these two has been good. i've never heard a bad thing said about them yet my family and friends all think they are great. i'm not going to believe a word of any of it until its been confirmed! by ee itself. i find people like sonia and martin sooooooooo much more annoying and depressing!

~Sooz~
16-03-2005, 13:33
I think its a shame, not all that keen on Danny but I did like Jake and feel they were just warming up in the show. The gangster excuse is a bit lame though.

parveena
16-03-2005, 13:38
i know tell me about it. why do ee always do this. whenever they have something good they go and spoil it

volvic
16-03-2005, 13:45
W.T.F. how can they do this to us they are far best two of the great
charters on the show at the moment.they should be axing
gus ,or dot or jim and pauline they have no storylines .when was the last time we saw gus doing anything???? :confused:

this is rediculas and john yorke should be given a brain transplant cos the one hes got obviously aint working!!!!!!!!!. :D

no wonder no one watch the show cause the producers don,t listen to what the public want to see

:mad:

emseyd
16-03-2005, 14:03
i really like jake! it makes ee look a bit stupid tho bringing in two characters then axing them so soon, seems like they don't know which direction they want to take the show in! oh well i still love it!!!!

callummc
16-03-2005, 14:06
The problem is that the public all have their own minds,and we all like different charectors,i don't think these 2 leaving will affect EE much cos they havn't had time to become established yet,2 years down the line most people will say jake and danny who.

cinamin
16-03-2005, 14:09
Does that mean Alfie will not be getting in to trouble once they leave?

Bad Wolf
16-03-2005, 14:11
but they were brought in as part of alfie' s family as a way to take him in a new direction, if they go there will just be him and nana moon in that big house alone, they allow other characters to develop besides there own

cinamin
16-03-2005, 14:24
I hope that doesn't mean the end for Nana and Alfie.

tammyy2j
16-03-2005, 14:35
Jake and Danny aren't the worst characters in the show. I have enjoyed watching EE lately because of them. Danny is very funny and Jake is great especially now he is hooking up with Chrissie. Get rid of Ian, Pauline, Martin and Sonia.

It is confirmed it is on the BBC Eastenders website that they leave in the summer in an explosive storyline but have the option of returning.

Bad Wolf
16-03-2005, 14:38
boo!

ranc1
16-03-2005, 16:02
I'm really not sure what the bosses are up to - it had better be good. I'm really sad to see Jake go. I felt for the first time in ages that the potential with him and Chrissie could be something really special and that EE could be on the up becaues of these two. They must be mad to get rid of him !!!

dddMac1
16-03-2005, 16:08
why on earth are Eastenders Axing them have they completly lost the plot again? they can't keep axing Characters cause it is not the way forward they should keep Jake and Danny in it

Claire
16-03-2005, 16:09
Thats all EE does, just keep on axing characters :rolleyes: hasn't the former Kathleen Hutchison axed enough people already...

angelblue
16-03-2005, 16:11
It been confirmed by ee

peggy's mum
16-03-2005, 16:19
Is this true? - where or where are the prize winning scriptwriters of old? bring back the winners, what on earth is going on with East Enders, the producers need a good kick. Instead of changing the cast all the time sit down and write some good story lines for the characters already there. Has anyone ever thought of including some of the old regular stall holders in the plot, is it only the main charaters who talk to each other and look after their stalls, how about including the flower lady etc.

clarzie
16-03-2005, 16:20
Look how long it took the ferrerias to go....... Jake and Danny have been a hell of a lot better than them and it's taken the 2 years to depart not 2 months! (ok I know they have been in a tiny bit longer than 2 months). I understand what they are saying with the gangster stuff so why not knock it on the head now and dont bring anymore new gangster roles in just leave it to whoever is there now.

Suppose they dont want them now Phil "the whisperer who gets out of breath when talking" Mitchell is coming back.............. I think they are better talent than him!

Debs
16-03-2005, 16:21
i have just read this on a celeb gossip site and thought it was rubbish so logged onto eastenders site and it is on there!! i cant believe it. i love the characters of jake and danny and really thought they were going to be in it for a while and get some good stoies!!. think eastenders have made a bit mistake axing these two

clarzie
16-03-2005, 16:23
Lets get a petition going "SAVE THE MOON BROTHERS!" :D

dddMac1
16-03-2005, 16:24
as usual Eastenders don't care about what the fans want?

*JSW*
16-03-2005, 16:24
why on earth are Eastenders Axing them have they completly lost the plot again? they can't keep axing Characters cause it is not the way forward they should keep Jake and Danny in it
But what you've got to realise is that Eastenders is under new management. They obviously weren't working and I have to agree as many others do. Neither can act at all and just don't fit. The Mitchells will be back, where do they fit? IMO they should never have been introduced and I can see why KH was sacked if these were her ideas coming into EE. They only appealed to girls between the age of 12-18 and nobody else. Good looking they be but credible actors they ain't!

*JSW*
16-03-2005, 16:27
Jake and Danny depart
Jake and Danny Moon will be leaving EastEnders this summer in an explosive storyline.

The door will be left open for the Moon brothers
Jake and Danny Moon will be leaving EastEnders this summer in an explosive storyline. However, the door will be left open for both characters to return. The decision was made as storylines will be going in a different direction in the latter half of the year.
An EastEnders spokesperson said: "Both Joel and Jake have brought considerable talent and energy to the show. This decision is no reflection on them, it's just the way the programme is going at the moment. We thank them for all their hard work and wish them every success for the future."

Sounds like Excuses to me....

Layne
16-03-2005, 16:28
I don't no if this is why but, EE are Losing rating and maybe they think that the moon brothers leaving will help boost them, well I’ve got news for ya, It WON'T, and Jake and Danny aren’t exactly gangsters are they? And what do they mean to many? There is hardly any? . I’m so sad, the moon brothers have only just joined, and they are so fab, Jake is just lovely and him and Chrissie have/had (not sure which one to use!) real potentional and Danny brings that needed humour to the program.

I wasn't a big shannis fan but they were a great couple so when I heard Chrissie and Jake kiss, I was so excited they have real plans, they are so good together, i mean all that flirting its just great to watch!!!Just like Kat and Alfie used to be, why is that EE never let a great couple get together something always happens to spoil it, I mean I thought Chrissie and den were good together, but then she ended up killing him so that was no good.

Just 1 more thing EE have already lost (weva they were axed or leaving,)
-Paul Truman
-Andy Hunter
-Den
-Zoë
-Sam
-The moon brothers

used characters name Quicker!!

They’d just better not axe any one else or they seriously will lose thousands of viewers.

Just thoughts

Luv ya
Layne
xxx

Ps Check out mine and Joel Beckett Lover’s Joint script!!!

bronzemare13
16-03-2005, 16:35
would it do any good to write the bbc and say 'don't send the new moons away but keep old baldy mummble mouth phil away'. does anyone think this might help? i happen to like the new Moon boys and think that Jake Maskall is a definate improvement and added joy to watch.... what a sexy man...
my point is phil was never fun to watch, 'Danny' has a smart mouth and that sweet little devil smile. phil waddles around mummbleing his lines and none of them were funny. just another sad sack ruining things for other people.
KEEP THE NEW MOONS!!!!

peggy's mum
16-03-2005, 16:49
Oh how I do agree with all about Phil Mitchell, who wants him. he is not good looking, and as yu say gets breathlesswhen he talks, has no facial expressions and just cannot be worth the money he is being paid. He is all old hat in the past, you can't bring back the past as we saw with Den

queen of soaps
16-03-2005, 18:16
I agree how can they get rid of Jake and bring back miserable "I only have one expression" Phil Mitchell???? Grant would be different but PHIL.....

EE needs new characters that can be built one and expanded - not old ones repeating the same storylines i.e. the usual big man revenge...........

Come on EE listen to the fans

eastenders mad
16-03-2005, 18:22
I don't really belive the mirror sometimes but if it is true they have only been in it for 3 days

Bad Wolf
16-03-2005, 18:24
sadly its true, its on the website, i'm gutted

bossbird
16-03-2005, 18:30
i totally agree , the boys are great esp. jake moon . we do not want that mitchell family back they need to go forward not backwards , save the moons i say

bossbird
16-03-2005, 18:32
Lets get a petition going "SAVE THE MOON BROTHERS!" :D
where do i sign ?????????????????????????????

bossbird
16-03-2005, 18:34
would it do any good to write the bbc and say 'don't send the new moons away but keep old baldy mummble mouth phil away'. does anyone think this might help? i happen to like the new Moon boys and think that Jake Maskall is a definate improvement and added joy to watch.... what a sexy man...
my point is phil was never fun to watch, 'Danny' has a smart mouth and that sweet little devil smile. phil waddles around mummbleing his lines and none of them were funny. just another sad sack ruining things for other people.
KEEP THE NEW MOONS!!!!
i have already emailed the bbc - everybody needs to do this !!!!

Bad Wolf
16-03-2005, 18:36
i totally agree , the boys are great esp. jake moon . we do not want that mitchell family back they need to go forward not backwards , save the moons i say

that's what i said earlier, they were brought in to give alfie and nana more depth, and more family. i can't believe they are cutting them. if they have had enough of the gangster nonsense whay can't one of them decide he wants to make something of his life and enrole in college?

higher education is open to everyone no matter where you come from, there is lots they can do!!!

SoapWatcher
16-03-2005, 18:38
I like them. Maybe they can't act, but a lot of people on soaps cant act, so theyre quite qualified to be on EE. :p

Bad Wolf
16-03-2005, 18:40
I like them. Maybe they can't act, but a lot of people on soaps cant act, so theyre quite qualified to be on EE. :p

ha ha ha, but true!

they haven't really been given a chance, jake is jonny's right hand man, and danny is either in trouble or humping his way round the square

LUSHLOOKE69
16-03-2005, 18:44
Theres no point emailing the BBC tjey don't actually listen to what their viewers want look how many people wanted to keep Den.

Alisha
16-03-2005, 18:48
I find this very disapointing and shocking really.

I'm not a Moon fan but I liked the new energy that Jake and Danny bought to the show and feel it was it was unfair to axe them as such a early stage. I mean look at the Ferrarahs -they have been on the show for almost 2 years and yet (to me) Danny and Jake have been more appealing in the past three months than they have in 2 years. What a waste!

I also find the 'too many gangsters' excuse a bit lame. Personally, I dont see them as gangsters. Johnny and Andy yes but the new moons -no. Fair enough they have done a few errands for Johnny but I dont think they fit that criteria. I think Danny's ok but if anyone, Jake should stay. To me, he can act and I love his chemistry with Chrissie.

I think this is also a huge part of ee's problem. They focus too much on axeing than the scripts. I do think its unfair to judge the moons soley for the past three months. Thier character haven't been given a chance to develope or evolve. Since they arrived we have had a few slanging matches with Andy, Danny and Sam and thier rapport with Johnny. I also think it's too soon to judge them on thier acting too. Many characters (also depending on scripts) improve over time. If you compare Nigel Harman from his first three months to now -I think that he has much improved (feel free to disagree).

There is loads that can be developed from them. It's obvious that they are on the run from someone or something. I find Johnny and Jake's relationship a bit sinister. I'm guessing that there is a bit of history there. I got the impression that they had a few skeletons in thier closet too. I do feel it's wrong for ee to axe them so early in the year.

Angeldelight
16-03-2005, 19:04
can some one please define what a gangster is as i'm terribly confussed, there are some many different po1eeple that have been classed as gangsters and i'm just wondering whether anyone can be a gangster or there is a type?

first there was Phil and Grant Mitchell, gangsters?
Billy Mitchell, gangster?
Den Watts, gangster?
Andy Hunter, gangster?
Johnny Allen, gangster?
Jake and Danny Moon, gangsters?

LUSHLOOKE69
16-03-2005, 19:06
i have already emailed the bbc - everybody needs to do this !!!!
where did u go to email was it the complaints department

callummc
16-03-2005, 19:18
Theres no point emailing the BBC tjey don't actually listen to what their viewers want look how many people wanted to keep Den.
I agree there's no point writing to the bbc,i was 1 of those that complained about dens departure,but do it any way if it makes you feel better,the thing that annoys me is the bbc should listen to veiwers cos the veiwers are the ones who pay their wages,and veiwers have a right to complain,i'm not saying they'l listen but it's eorth a try.

Alisha
16-03-2005, 19:21
can some one please define what a gangster is as i'm terribly confussed

first there was Phil and Grant Mitchell, gangsters?
Billy Mitchell, gangster?
Den Watts, gangster?
Andy Hunter, gangster?
Johnny Allen, gangster?
Jake and Danny Moon, gangsters?

I know what you mean. It seems that ee put the gangster lable on anyone these days. I suppose next they will be saying that Billy is now a gangster just because he is working for Johnny. Also Dennis Rickman who I don't define as a ganster did have some contacts with so-called gansters Andy and Dalton. I find it all quite stupid really. What was the point of introducing Johnny if they wanted to cut down on gangsters? :confused:

Becksfanz
16-03-2005, 19:32
I think EE are stupid to axe them! If they thinks that they are too many gangsters there then they could have keep Jake and Danny Moon there and keep them as good boys not gangsters they could have wrriten sstorylines about Jake and Danny Moon settling down and are no longer gangsters simple.

Rach33
16-03-2005, 19:33
I think that if Jake and Danny are people's ideas of gangsters they must be watching a different show to me Johnny Allen and especially Jack Dalton are gangsters being associated or working for one does not make you a gangster and I'm disappointed in John Yorke's decision making

Angeldelight
16-03-2005, 19:37
i totally i agree i mean we all know JY loves the Mitchells but come on what can you do with that family now that hasn't all ready been done? they WERE a great family in the time they had on the show.

you can't do any of the Mitchell bro's stroylines as Grant isn't back. Sam will be leaving in November (do we have to wait that long?), so they're will only be Phil when he get's out of prison and his mum.

with all the 'Mitchell empire' now in ruins what is left for the family? and how can they help the show that Jake and Danny can't do?

Feel free to disagree

Rach33
16-03-2005, 19:41
I know what you mean bout Sam the quicker the better the Mitchells are a has been they can't do anyhting for the show that's not already been done wot they need is fresh ideas

I do not disagree at all if you ask me they are axing the wrong characters there are plently of dead wood that needs clearing but not them I really like them

Angeldelight
16-03-2005, 19:46
EXACTLY ee needs to focus on storylines and developing the characters they all ready have, you have 2 new characters that need more exploring (JAKE AND DANNY) and instead of changing the storylines a little they're axing them with EXPLOSIVE exit lines? how is that a remedy to the violent gangster stroylines?

WHAT IS HAPPENING TO OUR SOAP?????

Rach33
16-03-2005, 19:49
My fave soap ever I've been loyal to EE through all the bad press but I won't agree with this the characters needed to be developed who's fault is it for the gangster stories in the first place why not have them settle into family life a bit find out a bit more about them

They shud have done this to the ferrieras when they first arrived but instead we had to put up with them for two years I could quite happily of put up with Jake and Danny for two years

Eastenders's fault not the actors so why not change the characters instead of giving them a chance

Torrie
16-03-2005, 19:50
I agree - and if the programme is going in a "different direction", how can they justify either "an explosive exit" for the boys or Phil and Grant returning?! I think it's just the new EP throwing her weight around and wanting to make her mark.

Rach33
16-03-2005, 19:54
Well how about making her mark with hardly any viewers

Alisha
16-03-2005, 19:54
I really agree about the Mitchells. To me they have really gone past thier sell by date and it annoys me how sometimes you cant go through an episode without someone saying 'the mitchells' - mostly Sam though.

Back to the Moons -they needed development not axeing. It's honestly no suprise that ee will continue to lose figures if they continue axeing like this. It's their storylines that are not up to scrath, not the characters.

Angeldelight
16-03-2005, 19:55
Why are soaps trying so badly to focus on these 'new improved' storylines there are dodgy dealers, gangsters,etc in reality aren't soaps meant to reflect reality?

Alisha
16-03-2005, 19:56
I agree - and if the programme is going in a "different direction", how can they justify either "an explosive exit" for the boys or Phil and Grant returning?! I think it's just the new EP throwing her weight around and wanting to make her mark.

I think she already has by this drastic decision. Only time will tell whether Kate as new ee exec will really benefit the show. However, as for now -not a great start in my book!

Torrie
16-03-2005, 19:56
It makes you wonder if it's worth warming to any new character now in case they're just going to get the boot a few months down the line!

Rach33
16-03-2005, 19:58
Exactly REAL LIFE and in real life people like Jake and Danny do actually exist they are not gangsters god I hate this whole axing business especailly when there is no good reason at all sod the lot of them if you ask me John Yorke Kate Harwood I might have to start watching Emmerdale instead

Torrie
16-03-2005, 19:59
I think she already has by this drastic decision. Only time will tell whether Kate as new ee exec will really benefit the show. However, as for now -not a great start in my book!

The only unfortuante thing is, she has just got herself a lot of guaranteed publicity - look at how she's got us all debated her decisions. And they do say there's no such thing as bad publicity. In her eyes, people are talking about the show, they'll keep watching to see how the Moons leave and they'll get over when they're gone. After all, there was uproar among Den fans over his death, but the show has gone on. :mad:

Rach33
16-03-2005, 20:05
The moons are a popular family I don't know anyone who even likes the Mitchells but everyone loves the Moons Kate Harwood has axed two characters without even giiving them time for their feet to hit the ground and i'm disappointed bring back Louise Berridge all is forgiven

Angeldelight
16-03-2005, 20:07
If she wanted a reactiond from fans she's certainly got one, if she has done this to make us watch to see if they laeve what is she going to do AFTER they have gone? i for one am very disappointed in the new direction the show is going the show will have lost 12 characters by november, how is that going to improve ratings?

with them axing Danny and Jake they will have only one new character (stacey slater) in the soap as Little Mo, Kat, Peggy and Phil are old characters.

and how can they justify their non-violent, no gangtsers stand as Johnny Alllen is still there and Phil Mitchelle is coming back?

Rach33
16-03-2005, 20:13
No violence with Phil Mitchell around don't make me laugh that's like having a pub that don't do alcohol

I HATE and i've never ever hated Eastenders i've despaired but never hated it but i do now I hate the way the show is going for crying out load it's the Eastend there are gangsters

i love the new Moons a mixture of comedy and charm and very easy on the eye Eastenders shame on you

*JSW*
16-03-2005, 20:25
Can people stop blaming Phil Mitchell please?

The apparent reason they've been axed is because they don't fit in with KH2's plans for the show. If anybody has read my post about what EE needs in EE general discussion will know what EE needs to change and this is what i'm thinking EE is trying to do. EE has a much smaller target audience and therefore lost viewers now they're trying to widen the target audience by getting rid of the Moon Bros so ratings can increase.

Don't always believe the story or reason a soap gives for leaving characters. There is always much more to the axing/event then is being said...

Rach33
16-03-2005, 20:30
Well if they think it's going to help ratings I think they might be a little bit worng there people want to warm to new characters not get to like them then sorry changed our minds we don't like them anymore they don't fit into our plans sod us the viewers who actually watch it

Treacle
16-03-2005, 20:37
Danny is so camp and can't act.

Treacle
16-03-2005, 20:39
I can't be bothered going right through this thread yet (but will later) but just thought I'd let you know it's now on the EastEnders website in the news section so it's confirmed.

(This may have been posted in the thread sorry if it has).

Rach33
16-03-2005, 20:41
I know just read it myself it's 100% official and i'm officailly in mourning now

Torrie
16-03-2005, 20:42
I think it's unfair to say that Jake Maskall can't act - I think he portrays the character very well, according to how it has been written. Danny is an odd character as he's a blend of being almost childish in his reliance on his brother and his need for approval, but that it contradicted slightly by his self-confidence in other things and his temper - maybe not everyone will like the slightly unhinged nature of his character, but I think Jake plays it well. And I've seen him in other things and never thought he couldn't act.

Alisha
16-03-2005, 20:43
I got the impression that Jake and Danny are quite popular characters -not only here but the wider public. When I watched ee revealed (based on the news moons) not long ago -it was revealed that they had alot of positive mail from viewers and from first impressions they are genuinely liked. Even though they have only been in for a short amout of time, they have not been given enough time to really show what they can do. Both characters have alot of potential and depth and they could be explored alot more given the chance. I don't think axeing is the answar really. EE need to go back to thier roots and give more empathsis on family centered storylines (like John York initially stated) not gangsters promotion and I don't see that with Danny and Jake. To me, they are family characters and share some history with Alfie. They have a bad boy streak. If ee did think they were too gangsterish, then they could have had them not work for Johnny and develope them in alternative ways - through the family and history.

As for Phil Mitchell - It's not a comparison but I feel he has had it's day and if it is truely the 'gangster' excuse then they wouldn't bother bringing him back and get rid of Johnny in the process.

Rach33
16-03-2005, 20:45
I agree with both Torrie and Alisha Eastenders have made a big mistake and I for one don't know if I want to watch it anymore

simmo1984
16-03-2005, 20:46
I think they should stay they have been one reason why I watch eastenders :mad: cos they are top totty too!! :D
I think we should have an eastenders strike to keep them in LOL :rolleyes:

Torrie
16-03-2005, 20:46
Without Jake and Danny, isn't it going to be quite hard to cover for Shane Ritchie's time off if he leaves on a break as has been suggested? What's Nana meant to do if Alfie is written out for even a short space of time - or will she be next on the hitlist? I'd have thought they'd be good to have around to build on the family element of the Moons.

Layne
16-03-2005, 20:47
EE DON'T GET RID OF JAKE AND DANNY
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
Sorry needed to get that out, i think that they are getting rid of Jake and Danny because they are like the only sane ones left in Walford (apart from a few exceptions, Chrissie)And In walford things never run smoothly, so they had to get rid of them,which they shouldn't do because thats excalty what EE needs is Charecters like jake and Danny.I know they only bin in it since xmas time but i just won't be the same, no sarcastic,funny comments from Danny no sexy, funny flirting with chrissie, i adore the Brothers, .It says on the website that they will be free to return but that don't matter we want them in it Permenatly.That is why EE has gone down lately because they don't listen to what the fans/ viewers want they just do whatever the heck they want,
I love EE through and through but if they keep doing STUPID things like thios i might just NOT!!!
Luv ya all
LaYne
xxx

mourning the loss of the brothers

Rach33
16-03-2005, 20:49
I've got a feeling the Moons are going into liquidation I'm furious who will be next well by the time she's finished Shane won't want to come bak where will Nana go Next it'll be my other fave male totty Dennis

simmo1984
16-03-2005, 20:53
Im going on strike !!!
I want them to stay

Rach33
16-03-2005, 20:55
LETS ALL STRIKE WHOPPEE hating John Yorke and Kate Harwood right now they've got alot of making up to do does anyone know how I can contact the BBC by e-mail i'd be grateful if they could let us know

Torrie
16-03-2005, 21:08
Wonder how many more characters we'll have to say goodbye to? Since Dennis was involved with Dalton and Andy, is he going to fall into this "gangster" role? Pat seems to once have been an employee of Johnny Allen - will she be packing her bags? How about Dot? She seems to have taken a shine to Johnny and no one seems to be safe from the axe! What a ridiculous excuse!

Rach33
16-03-2005, 21:15
Dot also has a good relationship with Dennis as well and then there's Billy oh and Chrissie cos her and Jake are getting togehter Sam was married to one why not just axe the whole cast

*JSW*
16-03-2005, 21:20
This isn't gangster related! People step back and look at the situation!!!

simmo1984
16-03-2005, 21:26
families are just becoming smaller

Moon-is there just gonna be nana left? In that HUGE house? :eek:
watts-gone :(
feraras-going (not that i care really) :D

Whats happening to this soap?
So I guess that they are bringing in jonnys family, I wonder if they are gonna be ''GANGSTER'' type people too.........

I have nothing against the gangster roles thats what makes Eastenders what it is today Ijust dont understand why the need to axe newcomers, at least give them a chance..........

we should be heard as we are the ppl who tune in 3 times a week to watch the programme if we dont get what we wanna see then we aint going to come bk. jmo
:( :mad: :( :mad:

Cherryz
16-03-2005, 21:26
*drops to knees* NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOO

I CAN'T FLAMING BELIEVE THIS!!!!! They're taking away my babies! The only 2 damn characters left with some kind of originality and fun. everyone else is just lame, overused, old and laaaame.

GREAT! Now i'm left with stupid hormonal whining killers and old biddies who do nothing but sit around and moan, and occassionaly move to a different building to moan.

WHY THEM?! WHY?! Why bring in flaming Johnny Allan and bring back dennis and phil mitchell etc. and make billy a lapdog for johnny alllan if theres 'too many gangsters' the dumbasses!

I reeeeally can't see much reason for me to watch eastenders after they leave. Because for me they brought a new zest, and new reason to watch the show, and now they're gunna go and leave us with the same old crappy families and whining, the same old Kat and Alfie blubbering with weird facial expressions and kiddy voices, the same old pauline being a miserable old bag, same old ian being an unlike don juan de marco with the crazy parenting skills, same old mitchells doing nothing but running around like selfish brats going 'i'm a mitchell, i'm a mitchell' cos they're too stupid to say or do anything else..... *sigh*

Rach33
16-03-2005, 21:28
Hello Cherryz I know exactly how you feel remember deep breaths god how will we cope no cute Danny with his little one liners or jake and Chrissie flirting **Sobbing on keyboard**

Cherryz
16-03-2005, 21:29
*clings to joel beckett lover crying hysterically* next time i see my counsellor, i'll just be blubbering away about this lol.

Debs
16-03-2005, 21:31
can i come to your counsellor too please Cherryz!!!! i am sooooo cross with eastenders. how can they axe these two lovely men. watching eastenders became such a joy when jake and danny(mainly jake!!) arrived in the square now who can i drool over!!! i am really pissed off:(

Rach33
16-03-2005, 21:31
I know my counsellor whom i see every wednesday without fail except today cos i was ill obviously the tears will be coming next week

OH MY GOD HOW WILL WE COPE DEATH IS IMMMINENT I MISS THEM ALREADY

Sobbing even more now

simmo1984
16-03-2005, 21:32
can i too?
Im sinking to depression seriously now oh nooooo :(

DANNY AND JAKE I LOVE YOU COME BACK lol :cool:

Rach33
16-03-2005, 21:35
Please join the more the merrier WE ARE IN MOURNING

STUPID EE EXECS THEY KNOW NOTHING HATE THEM

I am watching last nights EE again and Jake and Chrissie everyone big AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Debs
16-03-2005, 21:36
lets all go and protest outside the studios!!!!!! we can make banners and everything!!!

Cherryz
16-03-2005, 21:36
looks like all the press and magazine stuff about the new moon brothers was a complete waste. I mean who cares now about all the magazines going on about jake and chrissie? i mean sure we'll care but the enjoyment will be lacking cos we know of the inevitable. its stupid! I mean all that publicity, and all the positive response, and its like....grrrrr

simmo1984
16-03-2005, 21:37
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW to JAKE AND CHRISSIE :p

BOOOOOOOOOOO TO AXEING BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :(

Rach33
16-03-2005, 21:38
I know they had all the press stuff on their arrival and now it's bye bye very badly done by EE

simmo1984
16-03-2005, 21:39
I can imagine me right now crying there at the gates on my knees with a tissue in my hand and a massive banner ''BRING BACK THE MOON BRO'S'' :D

Its so not fair I dont even think I can watch this anymore :(

Rach33
16-03-2005, 21:41
BIG BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOO

Chrissie and Jake = Cake so CAKE 4EVA

Debs
16-03-2005, 21:43
i cant understand why they get 2 new characters that seem to be really popular with the viewers and they go and axe them!!! WHY WHY WHY??????????????? then you got the millers who i have to say are very boring and they are still there. who will be next??? hmmmm let me think who is also popular. what about alfie!!! or dennis!!! lets just keep all the boring characters!!!!

Debs
16-03-2005, 21:44
[QUOTE=Joel_Beckett_Lover]BIG BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOO

i agree

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:mad:

Rach33
16-03-2005, 21:44
I've worked it out yippee they are axing all the good charactrs cos they don't want any viewers anymore does anyone know how I can contact the BBC please let me know I must complain

simmo1984
16-03-2005, 21:46
I thought if they had any sence they would keep the most popular in, It just don't make no sence to me...........

Pauline has been there for bloody DONKEYS years she is a boring old fart but they keep her in!!!

They have to think about the AUDIENCE most of the people who watch are teens to middle aged (ish) roughly and we want exciting characters dont you think?
Jake and Danny did soooooooooo well I think eastenders will soon realise what they have done

*JSW*
16-03-2005, 21:47
I've worked it out yippee they are axing all the good charactrs cos they don't want any viewers anymore does anyone know how I can contact the BBC please let me know I must complain
Is that a serious comment?

www.bbc.co.uk/complaints if you want to contact them but I assure you you'll get back a silly reply that won't help or give you what you want. Basically its awaste of time past experience has tught me that....

Debs
16-03-2005, 21:47
i was just about to ask the same thing. not that it will any difference!!! they should listen to what the viewers want!! maybe then they will make eastenders a bit better!

Rach33
16-03-2005, 21:48
We want eciting characters they want no viewers by the time the EE execs have finished it will have become Eldorado all over again a distant and painful memory

*JSW*
16-03-2005, 21:49
I thought if they had any sence they would keep the most popular in, It just don't make no sence to me...........

Pauline has been there for bloody DONKEYS years she is a boring old fart but they keep her in!!!

They have to think about the AUDIENCE most of the people who watch are teens to middle aged (ish) roughly and we want exciting characters dont you think?
Jake and Danny did soooooooooo well I think eastenders will soon realise what they have done
They're not popular with everyone though :mad:
Pauline has history the Moon bros do not.

EE has lost a huge number of viewers and a whole section of age-groups due to characters like these. EE has made a great decision and will become STRONGER thaks to this...

*JSW*
16-03-2005, 21:51
i was just about to ask the same thing. not that it will any difference!!! they should listen to what the viewers want!! maybe then they will make eastenders a bit better!
How do you know all viewers want it? A few fans on here isn't 11.5 million average people who watch EE!

Treacle
Please try to keep all replies sensible and constructive.

simmo1984
Course they don't have history they have only been in for 5 minutes, Given no chance to have a future.

*JSW*
16-03-2005, 21:52
Please try to keep all replies sensible and constructive.
Is that comment aimed at me? :confused: :)

Rach33
16-03-2005, 21:53
Simmo1984 I was just going to say the same thing becasue of course when they introduce new characters we have their life history in first week it tkaes time to build up on a background of characters

Debs
16-03-2005, 21:54
How do you know all viewers want it? A few fans on here isn't 11.5 million average people who watch EE!

there seems to be a lot of support to keep danny and jake not just on this forum. maybe a few like yourself dont like them but i do and so do a lot of people who are using this thread.

*JSW*
16-03-2005, 21:56
Mabye but this is one forum with mabye 40-50 people who've put their opinions across. I could give you other forums where their is a completely different opinion....

simmo1984
16-03-2005, 21:56
:D Get rid of derek and pauline and then jake and danny can come back dont you agree????

Rach33
16-03-2005, 21:57
Hi Debs26 I agree maybe not everyone likes the Moon Brothers but the general feeling is they are popular and it's stupid to axe poular charcters

simmo1984
16-03-2005, 21:57
Well lets see the ratings once they have gone :(

*JSW*
16-03-2005, 21:59
Well lets see the ratings once they have gone :(
I'm sorry but I doubt that people will stop watching because 2 characters have left!

I'm going to move away from this thread, i'm getting a little tensious....

Rach33
16-03-2005, 22:01
I don't think it will be because of the characters going it's the reasoning behind it i.e NO REASON

simmo1984
16-03-2005, 22:01
maybe not becaue we will be too daft to keep watching waiting for some great characters to appear............Oneday :(

Rach33
16-03-2005, 22:03
Or the great characters appear only to be axed three months alter so what is the point of watching it

Treacle
16-03-2005, 22:03
Is that comment aimed at me? :confused: :)
No it's aimed at the people who write:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

instead of

No

simmo1984
16-03-2005, 22:04
I agree..............
They dont know what they are doing we'd do a better job!!!! ;)

danny and jake LOVE YOU :(

Rach33
16-03-2005, 22:06
Jake and Danny 4 eva I know the doors been left open but what are the chances of them returning apart from zilch we would do a better job I thought after LB going things would improve

*JSW*
16-03-2005, 22:10
No it's aimed at the people who write:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

instead of

No
Thank God! I'm no baddie :D

WQ, are you going to enter this dangerous fray and post something? I can see you coming on here later tonigh when all is quiet :D

Look at me going off-topic!

Anyway people there'll be new characters for you to love and cherish don't worry ;)

Emmak2005
16-03-2005, 22:29
It said in the article on digital that the door has been left open for them to return some time in the future - it said something about them trying to scrap the idea of having gangsters. Probably paving the way for Phil Mitchell's return. And also the matter of Johnny Allen's stay in the Square is undecided. But there has been too many axings for my liking. So it makes watching, less appealling because your left wondering who's going to be next.

Treacle
16-03-2005, 22:37
I've already added to this thread but will be making a further contribution later.
I'm all for encouraging debate or discussion but what I'm not encouraging is the people who post in circles i.e...continously NOOOOOOO JAKE AND DANNY NOOOOO.

Alisha
16-03-2005, 22:45
They're not popular with everyone though :mad:
Pauline has history the Moon bros do not.

The reason why the Moon brothers haven't got history is because ee have not allowed them to. They have been on the show for 11 weeks -thats all. To axe them so early in the show is plain wrong. They do seem popular and liked overall and should have stayed longer so the viewers can learn more about thier past and them as individuals.

Torrie
16-03-2005, 22:51
I wouldn't get your hopes up too much, but remember it's a long time until the summer - who knows how many scripts could have been written and rewritten by then or how many EPs the show will have burned out - stability hasn't exactly been a strong point lately so maybe the "new new EP" herself will be gone by then, lol!

Treacle
16-03-2005, 22:57
It's not a long time until the Summer. Summertime is July/Aug and they film 6 weeks in advance.

Just recieved a reply from e-mailing them pretending I want them to stay:

Thank you for your email. I'm sorry to hear you're disappointed by this news, however do keep watching as there's lots of great stuff coming up.
Best wishes.
Beth

Alisha
16-03-2005, 23:00
What gets me is all the axeing!

It's like 'we need to turn the show around........lets axe some more characters!'. It's either that or bringing back old favourates to save the soap! :rolleyes:

There is no hard evidence that the new Moon brothers are loved or loathed by the general viewing public but I get a feel that the majority do. Like I said, on ee revealed it was stated that they have a had alot of praise and it's only early stages. I remember buying Inside Soap magazine a month into thier arrival and in the letter section there were several letters from ee viewers expressing thier like for new additions in the square. I also know some people of mixed age who have taken a shine to them. Of course, it still isn't representative of ALL viewers but as I said befor three months is a very short time to make judgement (and most of what I have seen so far is rooting for them). I for one am a dissapointed viewer. They were new and fresh and I think alot could have been developed from them. What a shame!

SoapWatcher
16-03-2005, 23:16
How about we compromise and kick shane ritchie out, in return for letting Danny and Jake stay?

Treacle
16-03-2005, 23:17
Shane Richie might be leaving next year to do movies anyways.

Alisha
16-03-2005, 23:26
How about we compromise and kick shane ritchie out, in return for letting Danny and Jake stay?

I'd pick the new moons over Alfie anyday. Alfie's character just doesn't do anything for me anymore.

Treacle
16-03-2005, 23:56
They are rubbish just let them go without a fuss :)

*JSW*
17-03-2005, 00:03
You realise that will only fan the flames! :D

Though you are right. They're going whether you like it or not! Moaning is a wate of time. Look to the future and new pastures green....

Torrie
17-03-2005, 00:15

I think it's only fair to recognise that some people will be upset by the news - we've all got our faves.

Treacle
17-03-2005, 01:29
I realise that but some of us are fans of EastEnders on the whole and do not want to see it destroyed by two complete noneties.

LUSHLOOKE69
17-03-2005, 01:53
i'm quite shocked theres actually been more to this thread than the shannis thread. Just like shannis this news has provoked both a positive and negative view. As nothing will be done by the BBC even if the majority want Jake and Danny to stay perhaps we should start talking about possible outcomes to the story.

true.moon
17-03-2005, 07:45
on no

Treacle
17-03-2005, 08:48
Please ensure your reply is constructive and adds to the discussion.

hotlipsh2005
17-03-2005, 11:12
u can't get rid of danny and jake !!

Treacle
17-03-2005, 12:22
I know but John Yorke can :)

peggy's mum
17-03-2005, 13:18
I absolutely agree with all of you. Why won't it do any good to tell the BBC what we think. I don't understand that. They are losing viewers literally by the million and they don't want to know what we think!. They must be too arragant or too stupid.
JUST FOR THE RECORD WE DON'T WANT THE MITCHELLS WE WANT THE MOONS. YEH!!!

Bad Wolf
17-03-2005, 13:58
just a thought, but doesn't dennis fit in to the pretend gangster mould like jake and danny? this would suggest he is next. he has no family left unlike those two to tie him to the square, personally i think they shouldn't get rid of any of them

Debs
17-03-2005, 15:59
yeah they want ot move away from the whole gangster thing so that means phil and johnny allen have to go too. i thought that ythe gangster stuff was part of eastenders appeal

*JSW*
17-03-2005, 16:05
Although I'll happily see them go I think this decision portrays EE in a bad light. They brought these new characters in and after just 3 months they've got rid of them. EE can't expect a quick fix solution to its problems and axing left right and centre won't help. Soon EE will have a tiny cast compared to Corries and this is just bad. The actors may have not been the best but I think this shows a wrong move from the BBC even though the conclusion is a good one :)

I see a new family soon......

callummc
17-03-2005, 16:10
yeah they want ot move away from the whole gangster thing so that means phil and johnny allen have to go too. i thought that ythe gangster stuff was part of eastenders appeal
I would think johnny allen would have to go cos he's a murderer as well as a gangster,but phill isn't really a gangster,like den he has gangster connections and he leads a bit of a criminal lifestyle,but he's not a proper gangster.

Alisha
17-03-2005, 16:13
just a thought, but doesn't dennis fit in to the pretend gangster mould like jake and danny? this would suggest he is next. he has no family left unlike those two to tie him to the square

I hope not! Dennis is one of my favourate characters.

IF they are useing the gangster excuse -then I feel it's really pathetic As far as I'm concerned Danny and Jake are not that. Andy and Johnny yes! Also as for Dennis, I dont even think that he fits into the pretend gangster either. I think it could apply to him dureing the first four months of his arrival because he had just got out of jail for GBH, loggerheads with Phil, we learned that he was favourate errand boy to 'top dog' Jack Dalton, also finished Dalton and worked for Andy too. However since he became more involved in Sharon, Den and Dot - I feel he kind of lost that gangster lable. I see him more of a bad boy like Danny and Jake and if EE had decided to keep them longer instead of axeing them in the first opportunity they got we could have seen them form strong ties with other characters.

Every character need time to develope through relationships with others and storylines but unfortunately Danny and Jake never got that.

.:Kitz:.
17-03-2005, 16:30
Yeah, i mean you r all saying stuff like they ar gangsters but, what have done to be that? I mean, i know that they have killed people for thier job and stuff but i REALLY don't think the can be classed as gangsters.....well. Not in my mind anyway. ;) rant over

Angeldelight
17-03-2005, 18:57
just a thought, but doesn't dennis fit in to the pretend gangster mould like jake and danny? this would suggest he is next. he has no family left unlike those two to tie him to the square, personally i think they shouldn't get rid of any of them

this can not be happening not only are we losing the male totty (Jake Moon) but if this is really the excuse for axing the characters i fear for DENNIS i mean he worked for Jack Dalton, then killed him, worked for Andy Hunter, is Dirty Den's son, punched Phil Mitchell then set him up to go to prison, can you get more gangster connections than this?

PLEASE DON'T GET RID OF DENNIS, if this is happens i fear death is the only option!!

callummc
17-03-2005, 19:46
For some reason i think dennis is safe as long as he wants to stay that is,i hope he does but he did say in one interveiw that he is close friends with leslie granthem,leticia dean and june brown and at the moment junes the only one that's there,i don't think he's a proper gangster but again neithers jake and danny,if EE had wanted to i think they could have moved them away from the gangster storylines,i have a feeling that EE are just using that as an excuse because they are breaking their contract early with the 2 actors who play jake and danny.

Cherryz
17-03-2005, 20:11
i think the one thing that reeeeally riles me is that they kept the damn bore-eirras for so long, despite EVERYONE saying how crap they are and how much they hated them, and then these 2 characters have been in not long, and people pretty much like them, people actually like their storylines - jake/chrissie etc. AND THEY GET RID OF!!!! Like, WHAT THE HELL?!

And as much as i looooved the jack/chrissie-ness today it was still like, yeah well, they're not gunna last.

Treacle
17-03-2005, 22:26
Dennis is slightly better than them two though :)

Jade
17-03-2005, 22:29
Dennis is slightly better than them two though :)

Them too put together!

Torrie
17-03-2005, 22:43
Lol! Dennis who can do "Me angry - must punch stuff" or "Sob, want Sharon" - don't think there's an Oscar winner among any of them!

littlemo
17-03-2005, 22:53
I hope that doesn't mean the end for Nana and Alfie.

No they won't get rid of Alfie and Nana, they are good, strong characters. People have their own opinions on Jake and Danny, but I have never liked them particularly, they don't light up the screen. I won't miss them when they leave, which is no offence to the actors themselves, I just don't think they fit in with Eastenders.

I want to see more of Nana she is so funny, and Alfie who is being wasted at the moment. I am looking forward to seeing the Alfie and Little Mo storyline developing, and everything with Kat. It's going to be great!

Treacle
17-03-2005, 22:56
There isn't an Oscar winner in the new Moons either. Neither can act :p

Torrie
17-03-2005, 23:00
There isn't an Oscar winner in the entire cast, but I don't think you can say someone can't act when they've have been doing so quite successfully for a number of years.

*JSW*
17-03-2005, 23:05
There isn't an Oscar winner in the entire cast, but I don't think you can say someone can't act when they've have been doing so quite successfully for a number of years.
I'd probably say there are but in a different situation :)

Both can't act (at least in EE) and I don't see them getting much after the axe falling on them...

Torrie
17-03-2005, 23:16
Well who knows, but I've seen some people who really really can't act and I wouldn't put anyone in EE in the same category - including the Ferreiras, lol!!

littlemo
17-03-2005, 23:20
No I don't think Danny and Jake are great actors.

I think all the good characters on EE have something that make them unique, and Danny and Jake don't have that, but Alfie and Nana do. Alfie has a great sense of humour, he's cute, sensitive and cuddly. He's also very loyal, hardworking but a bit of a Del Boy on the side. Nana is funny, she's kind, innocent and there's a brilliant actress who plays her, which makes her even more loveable.

There are some really great characters in EE, Sonia, Little Mo, Kat and Phil are just some of my favourites. They all have great personalities and strong characters. They present something incredible.

Torrie
17-03-2005, 23:27
The actors can only do so much with what they are given though and I think that's a problem character-wise for Jake and Danny - it's starting to look like they were only brought in as a stop-gap until Phil's return and we already know that Danny was only meant to be a short term character before being killed off after about 6 weeks - probably explains why he's so all-over-the-place - the thought hasn't gone into the writing in the long term.

I love Alfie and Nana and I don't mean to put Shane down, 'cos I think he's fab but it's not exactly a stretch for him to play that role - he comes across brilliantly and I can't imagine anyone else playing Alfie, but where someone else might have to act, he's just being himself.

Alisha
17-03-2005, 23:50
I don't think too highly on Jake (Danny) in the acting department but Joel (Jake) is good. 11 weeks is a very short time though. I would had have liked to see alot more from them. :)

*JSW*
17-03-2005, 23:57
I don't think too highly on Jake (Danny) in the acting department but Joel (Jake) is good. 11 weeks is a very short time though. I would had have liked to see alot more from them. :)
Are you watching the same character? :eek:
Joel beckett has no acting ability at all. There's not one inch of emotion. Nothing....just very flat and lifeless.

Alisha
17-03-2005, 23:59
Are you watching the same character? :eek:
Joel beckett has no acting ability at all. There's not one inch of emotion. Nothing....just very flat and lifeless.

Well, each to thier own..............

Treacle
18-03-2005, 00:08
Their characters were always going to be doomed from the start. Gangster types have a shelf life they're not meant to be long term.

*JSW*
18-03-2005, 00:18
Gangster characters always end in tears. They go off before most other character types. I forsee a few new additions in the coming months that may take EE in a new direction.

Torrie
18-03-2005, 00:18
Whatever might be said about the characters/actors, the one thing I do not buy is their axing being due to too many "gangsters" - they're not gangsters or anything like it. The new EP should just be honest and admit she wants to make her own mark on the show, just like the last one who did so by axing Den and Andy.

Treacle
18-03-2005, 00:20
The new executive producer is Kate Harwood, these two were axed by John Yorke who I'm sure is the best medicine for the soap at this moment.

Torrie
18-03-2005, 00:26
John Yorke was the one who tortured us with "The Slater Show" though - hope he doesn't pick new favourites to focus on so thoroughly.

Alisha
18-03-2005, 00:28
Their characters were always going to be doomed from the start. Gangster types have a shelf life they're not meant to be long term.

I don't really see Danny and Jake as gangsters though. I think of them as bad boys.

I mean working for Johnny does not define them as gangsters and if ee are useing that excuse for them then the future looks bleak for Dennis, Phil and Jonny. Out of those three, Johnny is the only one I see as a gangster.

If it is the case, then ee could have easily moved them away from his relationship with Johnny and gave them family centered storylines but they took the easy route instead.

Treacle
18-03-2005, 00:29
Well he's no longer the EP now KH2 has arrived however he has said he's going to be working closely with the show and making it his main drama project :D That can only be good news :)
His plans already sound good enough for me. The show is turning a corner.
Kathleen Hutchison liked Jake and Danny so much she gave us too much of them no wonder they're out of the door :)
They were actually Louise Berridge's idea though and we all know she's long gone!!! :p

Whilst EE did feature the Slaters heavily they had some FANTASTIC plots.

Treacle
18-03-2005, 00:32
I dont really see Danny and Jake as gangsters though. I think of them as bad boys.

I mean working for Johnny does not define them as gangsters and if ee are useing that exucse them then the future looks bleak for Dennis, Phil and Jonny. Out of those three, Johnny is the only one I see as a gangster.

If it is the case, then ee could have easily moved them away from his relationship with Johnny and gave them family centered storylines but they took the easy route instead.
But maybe that's why they're going.
If they stayed we would have...
Johnny
Jake
Danny
Phil
Dennis
and even Billy
That would be an overload.
Too many of the same type of character and Johnny is working a hell of a lot better than those two. Johnny is going to be changing direction and fortunately for him it's possible :)
Viewers adapted to the Mitchell bros, Dennis and Billy etc because we got to know them. It's these "ferrying packages" left right and centre storylines that I'm bored with and they keep the characters on a 2D level.

Torrie
18-03-2005, 00:35
And where are they now? Burned out because what else is there for them to do? Big Mo - there's only so much wheeling and dealing you can do before it starts to get old. Charlie - how much more can he let his clan get away with and he doesn't really interact with anyone else these days. Zoe - that girl's been through so much, her next storyline will involve a straitjacket - no wonder she's leaving. Lynn - gone. Kat - coming back, but unless she's more like the old Kat, she might as well turn aound and go back where she came from.

I do agree The new Moons featured a little too much, but my guess is that's how it was written as Danny was initially supposed to be killed off after 6 weeks and they had to work within that time frame.

Treacle
18-03-2005, 00:36
The Slaters have another TOP plot coming along in the next couple of months.

Treacle
18-03-2005, 00:36
Jake & Danny were just boring and emotionless :p

Jade
18-03-2005, 00:37
The Slaters have another TOP plot coming along in the next couple of months.

Do tell!!

Alisha
18-03-2005, 00:38
Kathleen Hutchison liked Jake and Danny so much she gave us too much of them no wonder they're out of the door :)

Whilst EE did feature the Slaters heavily they had some FANTASTIC plots.

The Slaters did have some fantastic plots. I wont dispute that but I think they got really over used afterwards and the dominated the screens far too much which annoyed many viewers. I really was turning into the slater show.

As for the Jake and Danny, I don't think that they have had too much screen time. They arrived in late December and I suppose in all fairness we did see quite a bit of them but what we mostly had was Zoe lyeing about her 'phantom' baby, sleeping with Den, Chrissie finding out along with his dimeese and since then its mostly been Sam, Zoe and Chrissie. I don't think that they are out of the door for haveing too much screen time though -afterall its the tptb who decide when how much time they should or shouldn't be devoteing to the screen and if they think its too much, they would do the logical thing and cut back.

Treacle
18-03-2005, 00:40
I heard that Kat learns the truth about what happened to Den meanwhile Zoe is cracking up so Kat makes arrangements for Zoe to go to Ibiza with Kelly but Sam has told the police about Den who are asking questions and have found the body, Chrissie is in the nick blaming it on Zoe and when the police see Zoe is cracking up they come to cart her away.

That's what I heard anyways.

Treacle
18-03-2005, 00:42
The Slaters did have some fantastic plots. I wont dispute that but I think they got really over used afterwards and the dominated the screens far too much which annoyed many viewers. I really was turning into the slater show.

As for the Jake and Danny, I don't think that they have had too much screen time. They arrived in late December and I suppose in all fairness we did see quite a bit of them but what we mostly had was Zoe lyeing about her 'phantom' baby, sleeping with Den, Chrissie finding out along with his dimeese and since then its mostly been Sam, Zoe and Chrissie. I don't think that they are out of the door for haveing too much screen time though -afterall its the tptb who decide when how much time they should or shouldn't be devoteing to the screen and if they think its too much, they would do the logical thing and cut back.
They have been in nearly EVERY episode.

*JSW*
18-03-2005, 00:47
Infact has there been an episode Jake hasn't been in? Danny I know, but Jake i'm not even sure! :eek:

Alisha
18-03-2005, 00:47
That would be an overload.
Too many of the same type of character and Johnny is working a hell of a lot better than those two. Johnny is going to be changing direction and fortunately for him it's possible :)
Viewers adapted to the Mitchell bros, Dennis and Billy etc because we got to know them. It's these "ferrying packages" left right and centre storylines that I'm bored with and they keep the characters on a 2D level.

We only got to know these characters because they were on our screens for alot longer than three months and thier character evolved overtime. With Jake and Danny -we never got that. If billy left 6 months into his arrival most of us will remember him as the 'cold heartless bully who got of on beating young kids'. Now however we saw him fall for Little Mo and additionally comeing face to face with his attacker. Now alot of people's perception of him has changed. I don't however see him as a gangsterish at all. Dennis another example- if he had left three months after he came we wouldn't have learned why he put his defense and barriers up.

Danny and Jake could have been moved away from working with Johnny by the scrptwritters if they really did think they were to gansterish (not that I did)

Treacle
18-03-2005, 00:48
Yeah we have had one maybe 2 but that's stretching it a bit.
The thing I find funny is Danny is supposed to be this kind of hardman but in reality he acts so camp!! :D

Treacle
18-03-2005, 00:49
We only got to know these characters because they were on our screens for alot longer than three months and thier character evolved overtime. With Jake and Danny -we never got that. If billy left 6 months into his arrival most of us will remember him as the 'cold heartless bully who got of on beating young kids'. Now however we saw him fall for Little Mo and additionally comeing face to face with his attacker. Now alot of people's perception of him has changed. I don't however see him as a gangsterish at all. Dennis another example- if he had left three months after he came we wouldn't have learned why he put his defense and barriers up.

Danny and Jake could have been moved away from working with Johnny by the scrptwritters if they really did think they were to gansterish (not that I did)
The show is centred around too many males.

Alisha
18-03-2005, 00:52

but who hasn't? Chrissie, Zoe, Sam, have been in almost every episodes and they have had more focus than any of the other characters from the new year up until now. I ee want to limit the moon time -they know what they have to do. It's not rocket science.

Also usually when new characters arrive, ee tend to focus on them so the viewers get a feel for them. Johnny too has been in almost every episode since he came. I just dont feel they have been overused unlike some characters on the show. Zoe for example has been on almost every episode for the past year!

Alisha
18-03-2005, 00:54
The show is centred around too many males.

with the Ferrarah's going and also the loss of Paul, Andy and recent Den -thats 7 males. 9 if you want to include Danny and Jake.

Treacle
18-03-2005, 00:55
Johnny hasn't been in every episode. Johnny came into the show ages ago if you remember then kept going back to wherever he came from.

Pat, Dot, Jim, Patrick, Yolande etc all haven't been in EVERY episode. Nor has Nana Moon, Charlie Slater or baby Freddie.

Treacle
18-03-2005, 00:55
It's still going to have Phil, Dennis and Johnny at the helm that's too many dominant males.

Alisha
18-03-2005, 00:59
Johnny hasn't been in every episode. Johnny came into the show ages ago if you remember then kept going back to wherever he came from.

Pat, Dot, Jim, Patrick, Yolande etc all haven't been in EVERY episode. Nor has Nana Moon, Charlie Slater or baby Freddie.

Sorry, I didn't clarify that properly. I mean up until the point he came and opened Scarletts and made himself at home in the sqaure. :)

The characters you have mentioned are increadibaly underused but I don't feel that Danny and Jake fit into the overused catagory when other characters have taken far more centre stage than them over the past 3 months.

Treacle
18-03-2005, 01:02
Chrissie, Sam and Zoe have joined them but they can act!!!

Alisha
18-03-2005, 01:08
It's still going to have Phil, Dennis and Johnny at the helm that's too many dominant males.

I don't see the point of Phil really. As far as I'm concerned -he has had his day. Also even with the three characters above back they are still down on some males in the sqaure and I doubt ee's decision to axe them is because the show will become too male dominated because I dont think it will really. EE have to create a balance and a swift of balance between genders in soaps is likely and problematic all the same. However they should have strategies and approaches to deal with such issues so they can implement changes effectively -not putting the axe for silly reasons (whether that be 'too many gangsters' or too many males. EE have had gender imbalance befor but they still pulled through.

Treacle
18-03-2005, 01:10
Okay then they might not be gangsters as such but they are incredibly boring and have been mostly crime orientated.

Alisha
18-03-2005, 01:13
Chrissie, Sam and Zoe have joined them but they can act!!!

I suppose the acting abilites of Joel and Jake are down to individual perception. I find Jake average but Joel good.

Tracey -it top. She is the best out of all three. I find Kim and Michelle average. They are not rubbish and I beleive they can act but acting wise -they don't appeal much to me.

*JSW*
18-03-2005, 01:14
I'm sorry but I really can't see how anyone can stik up for the pair of them. Both characters are pointless! JY obviously saw this and thats why its bon voyage! They're going so people (not neccesarily you Alisha) need to accept it! Stop moping around and stop all this gangster talk. Its not the real reason they're going. Its a front or what some peopel would call an excuse to get out of giving a real valid reason...

Treacle
18-03-2005, 01:17
The valid reason is they're rubbish and are not working out :)

Alisha
18-03-2005, 01:18
Okay then they might not be gangsters as such but they are incredibly boring and have been mostly crime orientated.

Yeah, I agree they have but it's still very early days and if ee really wanted to move them away from that and alternatively give them other storylines, they could have but they didn't and I think thats what's disapointing (if it was the gangster excuse that it).

I don't find them boring but I think given time we could have learned more of them.

Alisha
18-03-2005, 01:19
The valid reason is they're rubbish and are not working out :)

I disagree but we'll just have to agree to disagree on that one :)

Treacle
18-03-2005, 01:20
We will not. I'm loving this debate!!! :D

Treacle
18-03-2005, 01:20
Joel can act better than Jake but they're so camp and their characters aren't supposed to be!!! I get the impression if they caught me in a dark alley and were going to do me some damage I could probably talk them round in a minute!!!

*JSW*
18-03-2005, 01:24
What shocks me is the amount of time they've had on-screen and in the process how little we know about them. Shoddy character development if I ever saw it!

WQ, are we the only 2 on here who didn't like them? :eek:

Jade
18-03-2005, 01:25
No me too, just dont have anything constructive to say at this time in the morning!

Alisha
18-03-2005, 01:26
I'm sorry but I really can't see how anyone can stik up for the pair of them. Both characters are pointless! JY obviously saw this and thats why its bon voyage! They're going so people (not neccesarily you Alisha) need to accept it! Stop moping around and stop all this gangster talk. Its not the real reason they're going. Its a front or what some peopel would call an excuse to get out of giving a real valid reason...

Hi, I'm not sticking up for them. I'm just getting my views across. :) Iv accepted that they are going. I just like to natter sometimes and here is a better place than any. I remember Den fans going on for ages after he left because to them Den's character was really important to them and talked to fellow fans about it. The Danny and Jake ones are doing the same.

Just like to point out though -I'm not a Moon fan. Even though I do like thier characters (mostly Jake) they are not my favourates. It's the fact that they have been axed so shortly in the programme. As for the gangtster talk, none of us are certain whether that's a valid statement or not but I'm just talking hyperthetically given the information we have concerning them. :)

Treacle
18-03-2005, 01:26
It looks that way but I can't be talked round either *JSW* is it the same with you? I cannot see any redeeming qualities. Characters like them ALWAYS have a shelf life. They could have turned Andy into a pillar of community as well but it would have been SO unrealistic.

Jade
18-03-2005, 01:28
*JSW* Please remember everyone is entitled to their own views. There are people out their who do like Jake/Danny! :)

Treacle
18-03-2005, 01:29
I'm sure *JSW* does know that judejude but it is incredible the amount of support they do have. I can't believe so many people would want to see EastEnders axed :(

Alisha
18-03-2005, 01:30
What shocks me is the amount of time they've had on-screen and in the process how little we know about them. Shoddy character development if I ever saw it!

WQ, are we the only 2 on here who didn't like them? :eek:

No, I doubt you are the only two :)

They have been on our screens for 11 weeks and in that time they haven't completly dominated our screens. Also I think it's very difficult to learn about them so early on in the programme. Characters mostly unfold after a longer period of time. I feel that real character development takes longer than 11 weeks and sometimes 6 months to a year -just like we did with Dennis and Kat.

*JSW*
18-03-2005, 01:32
Well you know I hated them and I mentioned it even before they were axed.

I hate their characters. They bore the pants of me. Dominate the soap and squeeze any good qualities currently in it.

No way can I be talked round. I haven't heard anything on here that would even slightly change my mind. Why do I suspect they both have such a hug fan base (particularly Jake) is due to their "good looks" :D

Treacle
18-03-2005, 01:32
But if the interest in this development isn't there there's no point. Yes we might become interested in them once they're developed but in the meantime it's not helping the show when they're boring.

Treacle
18-03-2005, 01:33
Well you know I hated them and I mentioned it even before they were axed.

I hate their characters. They bore the pants of me. Dominate the soap and squeeze any good qualities currently in it.

No way can I be talked round. I haven't heard anything on here that would even slightly change my mind. Why do I suspect they both have such a hug fan base (particularly Jake) is due to their "good looks" :D
That's exactly why Joel/Jake has a big following :D
I am glad we can finally agree properly on something.

Alisha
18-03-2005, 01:37
But if the interest in this development isn't there there's no point. Yes we might become interested in them once they're developed but in the meantime it's not helping the show when they're boring.

I think that's the whole point of character development though. It's very common for viewers to dislike new characters only for them to grow on us longer down the line. The Slaters for example- they were under quite a bit of critisism for thier first year but now people love them (or 'many'). It would be a bit odd for everyone to like them straight away (even though many have)

*JSW*
18-03-2005, 01:38
*JSW* Please remember everyone is entitled to their own views. There are people out their who do like Jake/Danny! :)
JJ, I think you mis-judged the context of my comments :) I'm just shocked at the high levels of their support. There are currently 3 people on here of well over what must be about 150 people who have contributed who dislike them. It suprises me thats all! You only have to read 9/10 of the total posts to realise that they are liked (and massively OTT).

A major reason I dislike them is because of the time they have taken over with what can only be described as nothing. What has happened of any significance in the 40+ episodes they've featured in? KH1 made too many mistakes and infact I think she took EE backwards and deserved to be sacked if this was the garbage we've currently got that she was churning

Treacle
18-03-2005, 01:39
Yeah well you don't know whether you like someone or not until you get to know their characters but it's got to have something there originally where you actually think of the dynamic and what their characters are about or could be about. Personally I couldn't care less about finding out more about Jake or Danny if it involves them being in the scenes.

Treacle
18-03-2005, 01:40
One of Kathleen Hutchison's downfalls was using these Moon Brothers too much. No wonder she was booted when she wanted to axe the Slaters next!!! :eek:

Jade
18-03-2005, 01:41
JJ, I think you mis-judged the context of my comments :) I'm just shocked at the high levels of their support. There are currently 3 people on here of well over what must be about 150 people who have contributed who dislike them. It suprises me thats all! You only have to read 9/10 of the total posts to realise that they are liked (and massively OTT).

A major reason I dislike them is because of the time they have taken over with what can only be described as nothing. What has happened of any significance in the 40+ episodes they've featured in? KH1 made too many mistakes and infact I think she took EE backwards and deserved to be sacked if this was the garbage we've currently got that she was churning

Maybe I have, if so i'm sorry!. I agree with you on this one! but we all need to remember there is a wide age range on this board and you were a bit harsh!! :)

Alisha
18-03-2005, 01:42

Hi I dont think that people are trying to convince you. They are just putting thier views across in light of the new axeing :)

I dont fancy Jake or Danny though and I really don't think the 'looks' excuse can be applied for thier huge fan base. Maybe thats the reason for some (and if it is -so lame)but I get the impression that the characters are geuninely liked.

*JSW*
18-03-2005, 01:42
That's exactly why Joel/Jake has a big following :D
I am glad we can finally agree properly on something.
We both have strong opinions but as far as i'm concerned on this matter, great minds think alike! :D

One thing that I really noticed though was when they first arrived Danny appeared to be the popular brother. When Jake Maskall came out though, his supporters switched in their droves! Proves how something little makes all the difference.

Alisha, you talk of character development but there's been time and i've seen non. How would you develop the characters to build them into bigger stars in the Square?

Treacle
18-03-2005, 01:43
I do agree with *JSW* though JJ in the fact I cannot understand their following and can only assume it's based on good looks although where these good looks are I'll never know. Completely baffled. :p

Treacle
18-03-2005, 01:45
The characters have been there 3 months!!! The Slaters had provoked a reaction by their third month. I liked them.

Jade
18-03-2005, 01:45
Yea they both look a bit ropey to me but I'm not 13-14!! I'm guess thats why the younger audience want them to stay?

*JSW*
18-03-2005, 01:46
I do agree with *JSW* though JJ in the fact I cannot understand their following and can only assume it's based on good looks although where these good looks are I'll never know. Completely baffled. :p
I want to know whats so ggod looking about them too! Jake Maskall looks trampy alot of the time (harsh but true) Joel Beckett- are there any looks there. Just a plain face to me!

And we certainly know it can't be the acting!

Alisha
Yeah well you don't know whether you like someone or not until you get to know their characters but it's got to have something there originally where you actually think of the dynamic and what their characters are about or could be about. .

From first impressions I liked Danny and Jake and I was genuinley intrested in them but I suppose everyone's opinion on them differs regarding that aspect.

Treacle
Plus Jake looks well underfed :p

Jade
18-03-2005, 01:47
I want to know whats so ggod looking about them too! Jake Maskall looks trampy alot of the time (harsh but true) Joel Beckett- are there any looks there. Just a plain face to me!

And we certainly know it can't be the acting!

I think Jake looks like a drug addict most of the time

*JSW*
18-03-2005, 01:48
From first impressions I liked Danny and Jake and I was genuinley intrested in them but I suppose everyone's opinion on them differs regarding that aspect.
I can see from a slight degree where your coming from but interested in what? What can you really say about the Moon Brothers?

Treacle
18-03-2005, 01:49
They are rubbish!!!