PDA

View Full Version : Holby City Spoilers 8th March 2011

Perdita
17-02-2011, 13:22
Tuesday 8 March
8.00-9.00pm BBC ONE and BBC ONE HD
wwww.bbc.co.uk/holbycity

Donna wants to start a new life with Kieran but struggles with the prospect of leaving Ric and Michael and uprooting Mia, as the medical drama continues. Elizabeth and Jess help her find the strength to let go.

With the race for Darwin Consultancy looming, Sahira struggles to meet Hanssen's demands and deal with a vulnerable patient. When her little boy is taken ill, Sahira is surprised to find an ally in Jac.

Meanwhile, Frieda is forced to rely on Chrissie when she discovers that a difficult patient has a phobia of doctors. She soon realises that alienating the nurses isn't the best way forward in her new career.

tammyy2j
21-02-2011, 14:54
A forthcoming Holby City plot will see nurse Kieran Callaghan lose his leg after being caught up in a bomb blast in Afghanistan, it has been revealed.

The show newcomer - played by former Hollyoaks actor Barry Sloane - has been acting as a Territorial Army medic in a plot which is due to take a tragic twist in the weeks ahead.

According to The Sun, Kieran will suffer serious injuries in an IED explosion during his time in the warzone. After being flown home for treatment, there are further complications and his leg has to be amputated.

Speaking about meeting real-life amputees to research the plot, Sloane told the newspaper: "It was important for me to see some of the guys that had suffered in that way. I wanted the character driven and gave him a goal that he wanted to get better quickly.

"It comes from the wounded guys. They don't sit around and feel sorry for themselves - they are so driven. If they set a target to be walking in six months, if that's at all possible, that's what they will be doing."

He added: "I don't know how I would react if I lost a limb - I wouldn't be as strong-willed as these guys."

The plot culminates in Kieran and love interest Donna Jackson (Jaye Jacobs) leaving the BBC medical drama on March 8.

alan45
21-02-2011, 15:31
A forthcoming Holby City plot will see nurse Kieran Callaghan lose his leg after being caught up in a bomb blast in Afghanistan, it has been revealed.

The show newcomer - played by former Hollyoaks actor Barry Sloane - has been acting as a Territorial Army medic in a plot which is due to take a tragic twist in the weeks ahead.

According to The Sun, Kieran will suffer serious injuries in an IED explosion during his time in the warzone. After being flown home for treatment, there are further complications and his leg has to be amputated.

Speaking about meeting real-life amputees to research the plot, Sloane told the newspaper: \"It was important for me to see some of the guys that had suffered in that way. I wanted the character driven and gave him a goal that he wanted to get better quickly.

\"It comes from the wounded guys. They don't sit around and feel sorry for themselves - they are so driven. If they set a target to be walking in six months, if that's at all possible, that's what they will be doing.\"

He added: \"I don't know how I would react if I lost a limb - I wouldn't be as strong-willed as these guys.\"

The plot culminates in Kieran and love interest Donna Jackson (Jaye Jacobs) leaving the BBC medical drama on March 8.

Already posted http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?118552-Holby-City-Spoilers-1st-March-2011

ila14
21-02-2011, 20:55
NOOOOO, Is Donna leaving for good :'(? Thought her character had more to give, more so than Chrissie!!!!!!!!!