PDA

View Full Version : Holby City Spoilers 1st March 2011

Perdita
10-02-2011, 13:16
Tuesday 1 March
8.00-9.00pm BBC ONE and BBC ONE HD
www.bbc.co.uk/holbycity

Will Oliver (James Anderson) have to repeat his F1 year?Jac has tried everything to get ahead, including lying, cheating and manipulating, but Elliot suggests she's better off just being a team player, as the medical drama continues. Jac takes his advice and helps Greg with one of his patients. But when the patient turns out to be a candidate for cutting-edge surgery, Jac reverts to her old tactics to lead the operation.

Donna has finally managed to see Kieran but his leg is in bad shape and, worse yet, he's not giving her the time of day. Just when he's finally warming up to her, his condition worsens, leaving Donna wondering if she's strong enough to handle the casualties of war.

Oliver is one screw-up away from having to repeat his F1 year. So, when the discovery that he's previously made another mistake comes back around to haunt him, he sinks lower than ever before, convincing Penny to take the blame. But with a formal inquiry looming, will he be caught in his own lie?

alan45
21-02-2011, 00:35
Donna has finally managed to see Kieran but his leg is in bad shape and, worse yet, he's not giving her the time of day. Just when he's finally warming up to her, his condition worsens, leaving Donna wondering if she's strong enough to handle the casualties of war.

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01255/SNN21TV4D-682_1255563a.jpg

HOLBY City's Kieran Callaghan loses a leg in Afghanistan in a gritty plot bosses hope will bring home the horrors of war.
The heart-throb nurse, played by Barry Sloane, was called up as a Territorial Army medic last month and is gravely injured in an IED blast.

Kieran and on/off love interest Donna Jackson will get together before moving away and being written out of the BBC1 soap.

Barry, 30, told how he prepared by researching the stories of real soldiers who have lost limbs.

The actor said: "It was important for me to see some of the guys that had suffered in that way. I wanted the character driven and give him a goal that he wanted to get better quickly. It comes from the wounded guys. They don't sit around and feel sorry for themselves - they are so driven.

"If they set a target to be walking in six months, if that's at all possible, that's what they will be doing."

Dad-of-one Barry, who played villain Niall Rafferty in Hollyoaks, said the storyline has increased his respect for amputee troops.

He added: "I don't know how I would react if I lost a limb - I wouldn't be as strong-willed as these guys."

Barry hopes the plot will help servicemen and families who are struggling in the same way. He said: "I hope they will find some truth there and won't be disappointed." Kieran and fellow nurse Donna, played by Jaye Jacobs, leave on March 8.

Barry will then move to New York, where he is set to star in Broadway play Jerusalem alongside The Office star Mackenzie Crook.

(c) The Sun

tammyy2j
21-02-2011, 17:06
http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01255/SNN21TV4D-682_1255563a.jpg

HOLBY City's Kieran Callaghan loses a leg in Afghanistan in a gritty plot bosses hope will bring home the horrors of war.
The heart-throb nurse, played by Barry Sloane, was called up as a Territorial Army medic last month and is gravely injured in an IED blast.

Kieran and on/off love interest Donna Jackson will get together before moving away and being written out of the BBC1 soap.

Barry, 30, told how he prepared by researching the stories of real soldiers who have lost limbs.

The actor said: "It was important for me to see some of the guys that had suffered in that way. I wanted the character driven and give him a goal that he wanted to get better quickly. It comes from the wounded guys. They don't sit around and feel sorry for themselves - they are so driven.

"If they set a target to be walking in six months, if that's at all possible, that's what they will be doing."

Dad-of-one Barry, who played villain Niall Rafferty in Hollyoaks, said the storyline has increased his respect for amputee troops.

He added: "I don't know how I would react if I lost a limb - I wouldn't be as strong-willed as these guys."

Barry hopes the plot will help servicemen and families who are struggling in the same way. He said: "I hope they will find some truth there and won't be disappointed." Kieran and fellow nurse Donna, played by Jaye Jacobs, leave on March 8.

Barry will then move to New York, where he is set to star in Broadway play Jerusalem alongside The Office star Mackenzie Crook.

(c) The Sun

This should be in the Spoilers for 8th of March

alan45
21-02-2011, 22:09
Tuesday 1 March
8.00-9.00pm BBC ONE and BBC ONE HD
www.bbc.co.uk/holbycity

This should be in the Spoilers for 8th of March

Strange then that its mentioned in the 1st of March spoilers. I looked at both before I posted it and this thread seemed the most appropriate