PDA

View Full Version : Soundtrack of your life

squarelady
16-06-2005, 16:29
We all have a song that reminds us of a certain area of their life. Maybe a birthday, wedding, friendship, storyline from a soap that we've loved or anything like that. So what are the songs that remind you of highlights of you life. Those songs that really get you when you listen to them...be it happy or sad..they really remind you of something or someone?

Here are some of mine. I 'spose they change over time but here is mine for starters.

Ronan Keating - When you say nothing at all
I think it's beautiful and I'd really like it to be my wedding song.

Michael Buble - Moondance
This song was played at the gala evening I went too. It's important to me because it was the first time I'd ever met anyone from Eastenders and it was used as the backing for the catwalk thingy that the 'Enders were doing that night.

Boyzone - Picture of you
I remember singing this song when I was little and I only downloaded it again recently. Just makes me smile to myself when I listern to it (how said is that! :lol:)

Maroon Five - She Will Be Loved
This song was on loop play on my CD player last year when Shannis split and it still gets me when I listen to it. I just think it's a beautiful song and I really love it!

Footloose - Kenny Loggins
I have the uncontrollable urge to dance everytime I here this song! :lol:

That's some of mine...

brenda1971
16-06-2005, 16:46
Hi squarelady I had Ronan keating when you say nothing at all as the 1st dance at my wedding.

Also i love Neil Diamond Love on the rocks As it reminds me of my dad and he died of cancer.

squarelady
16-06-2005, 16:49
Hi squarelady I had Ronan keating when you say nothing at all as the 1st dance at my wedding.

Well, I'm a long way off getting married but I do love the song!

hdmf16
17-06-2005, 08:51
Once i've managed this on NHO, i'll post it here... Sofar I have two songs and they make me look self pittyfull.... I'm not.

.:SpIcYsPy:.
17-06-2005, 09:34
This could be in the music section :)

Bad Wolf
17-06-2005, 09:36
i'll move it .......

squarelady
17-06-2005, 09:37
i'll move it .......

Thanks for moving it, I wasn't sure there was even a music section! :D

Bad Wolf
17-06-2005, 09:38

there is a section for everything except dr who, but that will change in time for series two!

squarelady
17-06-2005, 09:39
there is a section for everything except dr who, but that will change in time for series two!

Cool! :thumbsup:

Bad Wolf
17-06-2005, 09:48
there isnt one or even several songs that define my life, but when i was ickle, i was really in to Kylie and Jason (still a kylie fan now)

then i moved on to take that!! so any song by them is brilliant (still a huge robbie fan) but at the same time i was really in to the brit pop scene, with bands like ocean colour scene, the verve, oasis, blur, elastica, suade, st etiene, etc

while i was at college and clubbing i went through a cheesy dance phase

now-a-days, i like everything, but really love sort of softish rock (foo's, greenday etc), indie and of course robbie!!!

i cant really think of stand out songs

but referring back to the notting hill soundtrack (ronans when you cant say nothing at all) elvis costello's she is brilliant, - totally love that soundtrack even the another level song- from the heart!!

di marco
17-06-2005, 22:36
cant think of any really at the mo except "flying without wings" by westlife was always played at the school discos near the end, i remember a few times it was played more than once in the same night, so i associate that song with memories i have of them discos lol! :)

Rach33
17-06-2005, 22:44
Songs for my life

here we go

Don't Look Back In Anger by Oasis is a big favourite of mine I listened to it alot when I was going through a really tough time a few years back

Build Me Up Buttercup is a going out with my mates theme tune we always get ready to it

There will be more but having a little think brain dead tonight

Treacle
23-06-2005, 18:55
We have so many little hidden corners lol.

Ronan Keating - When you say nothing atall is a beautiful song and I also like it.

horseygal90
23-06-2005, 22:19
Can't think of many - But a few that spring to mind are:

Coldplay and Trouble: Was played during a school production on playing chicken (I think), really stuck in my mind and makes me think of how much I value my life.

Greenday and Wake me Up when September ends : Was on the radio all the time during a recent holiday, it's a good song as well.

Jade
23-06-2005, 22:26
Any Bob Marley song brings back brill memories of a hol in Jamaica a few years ago

That Sophie Ellis Baxter song - if this aint love (?) - reminds me of one of the first summers with my boyf.

Any Queen song - reminds me of when we first moved into our house - was the first album we played whilst moving in.

Eric Clapton, wonderful tonight reminds me of my best mate as we always sing it after a few beers (must ask her why??)

Beatles - Hey Jude - reminds me of work - all the blokes sing it at me

Sorry I have loads, thoes are just a few!!

Katy
24-06-2005, 08:53
Sophie Ellis Bexter Murder on the dance floor Because this reminds me of a weird bbq we had on holiday in france my mums friend was dancing on the table and it was really funny.

I'll Be there for You Friends Theme because we played it at my leavers assembly in year 6 and year 11 so it reminds me of leaving school

Cornetgal xxx