PDA

View Full Version : Zen

parkerman
17-01-2011, 18:54
I'm sorry if there is already a thread on this but I couldn't find it anywhere.

Did anyone see Zen? The third part of the three part series was on yesterday. I thought it was brilliant.

For a start it was wonderfully shot in and around Rome. The scenery and cinematography was magnificent. It was especially good in HD.

Rufus Sewell was excellent as the title character. He was suave and sophisticated but also very laid back. I thought he had the character just right. His love interest was played by the wonderful Caterina Murino. She scored in two ways. Firstly as an actress and secondly - and sorry to be so sexist - she was simply stunning to look at it. Lucky old Rufus I say!

The stories were also good with their mixture of political intrigue, detective work, romance and jealousy on many levels.

All in all I thought it was a swish and stylish production. Each episode was 90 minutes long, which was just about right.

I'm certainly looking forward to a second series...hopefully. The ending was obviously contrived so there could be a second series.

alan45
17-01-2011, 19:41
I have watched all three episodes of this fantastic Drama and have to say I have really enjoyed them. They were fresh and the scenery fantastic. The storylines were gripping and it just shows the corruption that is endemic in Italian Society.

Lets hope there is a second series

JustJodi
17-01-2011, 20:58
I agree with Parkerman and Alan.. it was an awesome series, I sure hope they bring it back at a later date, I agree the story lines were well and truly gripping,and loved the scenery as well :-)

lizann
18-01-2011, 10:30
Yes it was very good and Rufus Sewell is easy on the eye

Dazzle
18-01-2011, 15:46
I saw the first two episodes and really enjoyed them. I'll catch up on the third one in the next few days.

alan45
23-02-2011, 00:28
THE BBC has axed detective drama Zen after just three episodes - despite it pulling in nearly six million viewers.
But the producers of the show - which starred Rufus Sewell, below, as Italian detective Aurelio Zen - hope to get another channel to pick it up and are in discussions with ITV, Channel 4 and Sky.

It is thought the programme - which aired last month - was axed as part of new BBC1 boss Danny Cohen's bid to put his stamp on the channel.

Lets hope someon pick up this super programme

JustJodi
23-02-2011, 06:57
THE BBC has axed detective drama Zen after just three episodes - despite it pulling in nearly six million viewers.
But the producers of the show - which starred Rufus Sewell, below, as Italian detective Aurelio Zen - hope to get another channel to pick it up and are in discussions with ITV, Channel 4 and Sky.

It is thought the programme - which aired last month - was axed as part of new BBC1 boss Danny Cohen's bid to put his stamp on the channel.

Lets hope someon pick up this super programme

OMG I agree I hope some one else picks it up,, it was a fantastic program and I can not believe BBC1 did not want it back :-(

layla
14-03-2011, 17:11
It would be a shame if one of the other channels don't pike ZEN up. I did enjoy watching this series.
Another good series let go by the BBC. Will they ever learn.