PDA

View Full Version : Appropriate Adult

tammyy2j
17-01-2011, 16:40
ITV has commissioned a factual drama entitled, Appropriate Adult, which focuses on the untold story of how Fred and Rosemary West were brought to justice.

The drama will centre the period of time between Fred West’s arrest and his suicide on New Year’s Day 1995 and how he confided in Janet Leach who took the role of the “appropriate adult” during his police interviews.

“Appropriate adults” are appointed to sit in on police interviews with children or vulnerable adults to safeguard their interests.

Dominic West will play Fred West and Emily Watson takes the role of Janet Leach. Rosemary West will be played by Monica Dolan

The executive producer will be Jeff Pope who said: “Our intention is to produce a sober and thought provoking drama based on a true story. We have developed the script over the past three years and it provides a unique insight into the police investigation which led to the conviction of Fred and Rose West and the crucial role Janet Leach played as the ‘appropriate adult’.”

Produced by ITV Studios, Appropriate Adult goes into production in February in Manchester. Following meticulous research into every aspect of the Cromwell Street murders by Development Producer Kwadjo Dajan, and consultation with Gloucestershire Constabulary who have acted in an advisory capacity since 2007, the drama will be recorded in Manchester.

Appropriate Adult completes a trilogy of notorious murder cases (the previous two being See No Evil: The Moors Murders and This is Personal: The Hunt for the Yorkshire Ripper) produced as factual drama by ITV Studios.

Chloe O'brien
23-01-2011, 01:20
I'm looking forward to this. I hope itv do it justice.

tammyy2j
05-09-2011, 15:23
Did anyone watch this?

moonstorm
05-09-2011, 18:59
Yes, me. Himmmm bit slow but quite good.

parkerman
05-09-2011, 19:07
Yes, I thought it was ok. That Fred West was a strange one!!!!

Chloe O'brien
07-09-2011, 11:30
It was quite disturbing to watch but you couldn't switch off. Fred West was clearly sick.

Siobhan
07-09-2011, 11:45
Apparently one of the guys who reviewed this said that in really life Fred was an uneducated oaf and was manipulated by Rose.. The portrayal of Fred in was incorrect. The reviewed was not denying he was pure evil but said he came across in this as been more intelligent

moonstorm
07-09-2011, 12:08
Well he would have to have had some problems or he would not have needed an appropriate adult?

Dazzle
07-09-2011, 14:44
I really enjoyed it. Dominic West as Fred West was mesmerising.