PDA

View Full Version : Cold feet to Return

alan45
12-01-2011, 02:18
COLD Feet star Helen Baxendale has been asked to sign up for a new series of the hit drama - even though her character is DEAD.

Producers are desperate to reunite the cast of the hugely successful ITV series, and are trying to find a way to write Helen's character Rachel back in.

Rachel's shock death in a lorry smash was watched by 9.4 million distraught fans in 2003.

But despite a final episode that showed her ashes being scattered, she revealed TV executives are desperate for her to be a part of a new series.

Actress Helen, 40, told TV Biz she would "of course, say yes" to the reunion.

She said: "They've been so lovely and said, 'Look, we really would want you in it' - but I don't know how they would do that.

"They did come to me and ask and say, 'How can we get her back in?'"

And referring to the ludicrous dream sequence used to bring Bobby Ewing back from the dead in US drama Dallas, Helen said: "It would be a bit Dallas-y, wouldn't it?"

Sources say producers are considering a prequel, flashbacks or dream sequences to get the whole Cold Feet cast reunited for a special. Rachel could even appear as a GHOST.

Original Granada producer Andy Harries first hinted at a return for Cold Feet's 30-something pals at this year's Edinburgh television festival.

The chief executive of independent producer Left Bank Pictures said conversations were "ongoing" about the show's possible return, seven years after it last aired on ITV1. He added: "It would be wonderful."

Helen - who stars in Thursday's Kidnap and Ransom on ITV1 - added: "It was such a lovely thing to do and it was so much part of our youth, of course you'd say 'Yes'.

"But you'd have to look at the whole thing on its merits in every way, wouldn't you?"

John Thomson, 41, who played Cold Feet's hapless Pete Gifford, has said of the reunion: "It cannot be a one-off and it has to be written by Mike Bullen, the original writer.

"And it can't be retrospective, because we'll all have to have Botox."

Of Rachel's possible return he said: "I've got my own idea how to deal with that. But it wouldn't involve a ghost."

John has overcome a drink problem since Cold Feet ended, and when asked where he saw his character Pete, he said: "I'm half the size I used to be, so probably down the gym with a beautiful model for a wife and splitting his weekends between Didsbury and Monte Carlo."

Cold Feet ran for five series from 1998 to 2003, following the lives of three couples.

Adam Williams and Rachel Bradley (James Nesbitt and Helen Baxendale) met, moved in together and had a son before her premature death.

Pete and Jenny Gifford (John Thomson and Fay Ripley) married and had a baby before splitting amid adultery claims.

Karen and David Marsden (Hermione Norris and Robert Bathurst) struggled through her alcoholism and his infidelity

(c) The Sun

Katy
15-01-2011, 20:12
aww i loved cold feet, it was brilliant.

Perdita
15-01-2011, 20:37
aww i loved cold feet, it was brilliant.

Yes, I loved that series :)

Katy
16-01-2011, 11:32
i have the box set of all the series, it was the best 25 pounds i have ever spent! it was such a good deal, i have seen it so many times. my favourite series i think was 2 and my favourite episode i think was the one where they go to scotland for new year and pete and adam get stuck on the boat!

Dazzle
16-01-2011, 18:03
I love it to all be repeated again.

tammyy2j
17-01-2011, 11:45
It started well and went downhill when Rachel died imo

Perdita
20-04-2012, 11:21
John Thomson has admitted that a potential Cold Feet return could be tricky considering the death of Rachel (Helen Baxendale).

The 43-year-old actor told Metro that there is a definite possibility the cast will reunite for another episode of the classic ITV drama.

Thomson explained: "I'm asked every week when it's coming back. It's phenomenal. We haven't done it for nine years but people still want a new series.

"The cast was great. It was shot on 16mm film, so it looked great. Nothing's shot on film anymore. And it had great writing. It appealed to both men and women. There's a demographic there that wants to see more.

"I'd definitely do it. The last time there were rumblings of a sequel, we were asked by our agents and were all quite keen to do it."

The star added: "The big problem is what to do with Helen's character. She died in the final episode, so you couldn't bring her back without being cheesy - maybe a twin, a changeling, an alien abduction.

"I'm up for it but it's opening a can of worms. You'd be hard-pushed to match or better the quality."

N.Fan
20-04-2012, 17:22
Bringing characters back from the dead how unoriginal.

tammyy2j
20-01-2016, 12:18
Cold Feet cast reunite for new series 13 years after the show ended

The cast of the hit nineties/noughties show – including James Nesbitt, Robert Bathurst, Hermione Norris, John Thomson, and Fay Ripley – gathered in London today for the first read-through of the brand new script, ahead of filming started next month.