PDA

View Full Version : Casualty Spoilers 15 Jan 2011

Perdita
16-12-2010, 16:46
Saturday 15 January
Time to be confirmed BBC ONE

* www.bbc.co.uk/casualty

Ruth is plagued by flashbacks from her night out clubbing, as the medical drama continues. Disorientated and distressed, she flounders when Jordan puts her in charge of the ED while he prepares for his surgical interview.

Ruth's drunken night has led to fragmented memories which point to the terrifying possibility that she might have been raped. Unsettled and upset, she is unable to cope when Jordan puts her in charge of the ED. Jay becomes worried about her but the team are just happy she's not her usual tyrannical self.

Barry is brought into the ED with severe lacerations to his leg. He and his wife, Ali, claim he cut himself on some glass but Lenny suspects that he might be a victim of domestic abuse. When Ruth sees him she's horrified – it's the guy who she thinks tried to rape her last night.

Recovering alcoholic Sunil comes into the ED, along with his wife, Anjna, and his daughter, Meena, claiming to have liver cirrhosis, but Meena quickly discovers that he's still secretly drinking and that was the cause of his vomiting. When it looks as if Sunil is going to drive home despite being drunk, Meena gets in front of the car and is accidently run over.

Ali finally admits to Ruth that she was the one who cut Barry's ankle with some rusty pliers. But when she sees Ruth's club stamp, she realises Ruth and Barry were at the same club and assumes the worst. Ruth shows her the bruises and says that Barry forced himself on her, which Barry vigorously denies. Barry's leg continues to get worse with necrotising fasciitis, meaning they'll have to amputate. Will Ali stand by her man?

Meanwhile, Jordan, who had been preparing for an interview all day, returns to the ED with good news: he got the job. The team are less than thrilled and wonder who will rein in Ruth now.

Abigail
17-12-2010, 10:27
Sounds like an interesting episode.

StarsOfCCTV
17-12-2010, 17:32
It does. Its sad Jay is the only one who cares. You'd think after Tess sees that audit book she'd be concerned about Ruth's behaviour too.

parkerman
09-01-2011, 18:30
It does. Its sad Jay is the only one who cares. You'd think after Tess sees that audit book she'd be concerned about Ruth's behaviour too.

Ah, but she didn't see the book did she? Well, at least not what was inside it.

StarsOfCCTV
09-01-2011, 19:12
Yeah, your right. I got the impression from the spoilers for yesterdays episode that she did see inside the book.. :)

Abigail
09-01-2011, 19:42
What was in the book? I couldn't make it out on my cracked, fragmented laptop screen.

parkerman
09-01-2011, 20:04
Yeah, your right. I got the impression from the spoilers for yesterdays episode that she did see inside the book.. :)

Yes, I agree. I got that impression too. I was waiting for Tess to look in the book but she didn't.

What was in the book? I couldn't make it out on my cracked, fragmented laptop screen.

Just a lot of doodles.

StarsOfCCTV
10-01-2011, 02:33
It was a bit, disturbing - can't think of a better word - almost, Ruth frantically searching for that book and then it having nothing but those doodles/scribbled writing in it. Also going out clubbing - I'm not sure she's ever been out clubbing before? I can think of one time where she went to a bar and Jay was there.. but thats it I think.