PDA

View Full Version : 'Casualty' star (Ruth) films dramatic scenes

Perdita
10-11-2010, 19:19
Georgia Taylor has revealed that there are some turbulent times ahead for her Casualty character Ruth Winters in the coming months.

Speaking to Inside Soap, the star explained that she has recently been filming the most challenging storyline of her entire acting career.

Taylor commented: "I've just shot some scenes which were the hardest I've ever had to do in my life.

"Ruth is mentally unwell and the stuff I've just done is very dramatic - it's due to air early next year. There's no joy in sight for Ruth any time soon."

Taylor's character plays a prominent role in Saturday's episode of the BBC medical drama, which sees Ruth discover that her husband Edward has been cheating on her with a man.

Discussing the plotline, Taylor said: "Deep down, Ruth knows the marriage is falling apart. Edward arrives home with his boyfriend James, unaware that Ruth's sat in the dark waiting for him - they don't realise that she's seen them. Ruth is in complete and utter shock."

Casualty continues on Saturday at 8.20pm on BBC One.

StarsOfCCTV
10-11-2010, 21:56
Ooooh.. I wonder if she tries to commit suicide again.

Love Georgia Taylor she's a brilliant actress.

Sarahh,.
13-11-2010, 13:30
Awhh, I hope that Jay's there for her!
SW's - GET JAY&RUTH BACK TOGETHER! :D

StarsOfCCTV
13-11-2010, 15:10
^ Seconded!! :p :wub:

Aqua98
13-11-2010, 22:47
Jay and her have to get back together! I wonder what Ruth will do?

StarsOfCCTV
14-11-2010, 00:15
I don't know.. we won't find out for ages though, considering she said she's just filmed it and they film around 3-4 months ahead (from what I remember)! :(

I just hope this isn't a hint that she's leaving!.. :S

jabs1888uk
14-11-2010, 12:10
After what she done to Charlie and her regular demeanour Im quite happy she is getting some of her own medicine. (Great actress too)

alan45
20-01-2011, 12:37
Georgia Taylor has admitted that she was "very nervous" when she first heard that her Casualty character Ruth Winters would suffer a mental breakdown.

Fans have seen Ruth struggle to cope following the collapse of her marriage in recent weeks, and her worrying behaviour gets worse in Saturday's episode as she abducts a female patient named Katy, convinced that she needs brain surgery.

Speaking to Inside Soap about the hard-hitting storyline, Taylor explained: "I was really excited about it but also very nervous. It's a very big responsibility and I'm in danger of offending an awful lot of people if I get it wrong.

"I had to do quite a bit of research to make sure I was getting things right. I had a lot of help from a husband and wife team called Colin and Sue Wilson. He's a psychiatrist and she's a mental health worker and we had several meetings. They're both fans of Casualty so I think they were excited to be involved."

Discussing Ruth's upcoming attempts to cure Katy, the actress commented: "By this point, Ruth is having what's called a psychotic episode - she's hearing voices. She's clearly unwell but thinks she knows what's wrong with Katy, and when it seems like the other doctors aren't listening to her, she takes it upon herself to treat her.

"Ruth brings the girl to the on-call room and locks them both inside. She tells Katy that she's going to perform brain surgery to cure her. What she believes is wrong with the girl is actually a real medical condition. In this case, though, it's the wrong diagnosis."

Perdita
03-02-2011, 14:47
Casualty star Georgia Taylor has hinted that her character's hard-hitting storyline will continue to be explored on screen for months to come.

The actress's troubled alter ego Ruth Winters recently suffered a mental breakdown and has since been sectioned in order to receive the help she needs.

Speaking to Inside Soap about the future of the plot, Taylor commented: "This is something Ruth will have to cope with for the rest of her life now.

"It's going to take a long time for her to deal with it and there's certainly some interesting stuff coming up over the next few months."

Saturday's episode of the BBC medical drama will show Ruth receiving treatment on the psychiatric ward, as well as exploring important moments from her past which have influenced her recent problems.

Taylor explained: "Although it was two weeks ago on screen that Ruth was sectioned, we pick up where we last saw her. The viewers will watch Ruth over a period of eight days.

"She talks to her psychiatrist and through flashbacks we see her dealing with a patient who she found particularly tricky. That becomes important to unlocking Ruth's story."

Casualty continues on Saturday at 8.50pm on BBC One.

DS

chinadoll_xx
03-02-2011, 18:32
It says that the scenes are to air early next year, I'm wondering if the interview was done late last year, and means that the scenes will air in the next month? I don't see how they could drag the mental illness storyline on for another year tbh. Any ideas?

StarsOfCCTV
04-02-2011, 00:39
I think Georgia said that Ruth was going to be in the pysch ward for 3 months (so from this Saturday which continues the day after she is admitted)