PDA

View Full Version : Laila Rouass joins 'Holby City'

Perdita
07-11-2010, 17:29

alan45
14-02-2011, 11:41
Laila Rouass has revealed that she is hoping to feature in a love triangle storyline on Holby City.

The former Primeval star makes her debut in the BBC medical drama tomorrow evening, appearing as brilliant surgeon Sahira Shah.

Speaking to We Love Telly, Rouass confirmed that she is eager to share plenty of screen time with the show's male cast members in the months ahead.

She explained: "I hope there is a love triangle for my character as there are some really dishy guys in the cast. Jimmy Akingbola, Ed MacLiam and Hugh Quarshie are all so fit!"

Meanwhile, discussing what viewers can expect from Sahira, Rouass commented: "She's very competitive and one of the highlights of her early storylines is her relationship with Jac. But there are bitchy, catty comments which give it a fun element.

"She also has a history with Hanssen, but was it a romantic one?"

The star also praised Holby for being "so understated in the most positive sense" and for featuring "fantastic actors".

alan45
21-02-2011, 17:26
Laila Rouass has said that Holby City fans will not see a bitchy side to her character Sahira Shah.

Sahira's arrival at the hospital has come as a blow to Jac Naylor (Rosie Marcel), who now regards her as a professional rival.

However, speaking to Take It Easy magazine, Rouass explained that Sahira does not wish to be involved in any nastiness at work.

Discussing Sahira and Jac's relationship, the actress explained: "They're competitive, even though there's a silent respect between them because they're doing the same job.

"Jac is her biggest rival and feels most threatened by her being there. Sahira is not territorial, though - she kills people with kindness rather than being in your face or sly.

"Her ambition is a silent one and people generally love her. They're fascinated by her. She's warm and her approach to her career and her work colleagues is completely different to Jac's."

On what else fans can expect from Sahira, she added: "There's also her family, who may or may not come into it over the next year."

Perdita
21-10-2011, 11:51
Holby City star Laila Rouass has decided to leave the show after less than a year on screen as Sahira Shah.

The actress, who was announced as a new regular last November, will depart the medical drama in April or May next year, The Mirror reports.

It is thought that Rouass has told friends that she wants a fresh challenge following her stint playing surgeon Sahira.

A BBC spokesperson confirmed that Rouass is leaving "by mutual consent" to pursue new projects.

Meanwhile, a Holby City insider told the newspaper: "She has proved popular so it was a surprise when we heard she'd be leaving. But we still have time to devise an exit."

Sahira's first Holby City episode aired in February.

alan45
08-11-2011, 15:06
Holby City star Laila Rouass has explained the reasons behind her departure from the show, revealing that she is bowing out to spend more time with her daughter.

Last month, it was announced that Rouass is quitting her role as Sahira Shah on the BBC medical drama after less than a year on screen in the part.

Speaking on Lorraine this morning, the actress said that she believes she is making the right choice for her 4-year-old daughter Inez.

Rouass commented: "I love Holby. I've been a fan for many years. The crew and the cast are fantastic, so it was a big decision to make. But I've got a daughter and you end up not spending much time - missing all the parents evenings and all that. So it was a tough decision."

Discussing the challenges of juggling her career with life at home, she continued: "It's so tough - it's really difficult. And I think something has to give at some point. I thought I'd take some time off and then go back into work."

Rouass said that Sahira will remain on screen for some time yet and that the door is likely to be left open for her.

"I'm there for a few more weeks, but I think I'll be on air until early spring," she explained. "We shoot about three or four months in advance. So I'm still on air and there's the whole thing of Greg and Sahira - will they, won't they?

"I don't think I'm being killed off. Not that I know of!"

alohachica82
09-11-2011, 23:39
Let's hope that Greg and Sahira get it on. They are such a good couple xx

JustJodi
14-11-2011, 10:48

Sahira is married with a few kids,,,

alan45
14-11-2011, 15:47

Sahira is married with a few kids,,,

That doesn't stop anyone :)

JustJodi
14-11-2011, 18:12
Nope it sure doesn't LOL would be nice if they left ONE couple alone and not have them CHEAT,, but this is TV land hee hee

Perdita
27-01-2012, 12:09
Holby City star Laila Rouass has admitted that saying goodbye to the show was "really sad".

The actress has now filmed her final scenes as surgeon Sahira Shah after deciding to bow out from the BBC medical drama.

Reflecting on her last day on set, Rouass told Daybreak today: "It was actually quite sad! I filmed my leaving scene a few weeks before I actually left, because we don't film in order. But it was really sad being there on the last day. It's like a mourning almost!

"When I started, people said, 'It's going to go by, you're not going to notice' - and I thought, 'No way!' But it has - 15 months has flown by."

Rouass said that leaving the programme was the right decision as she now has more time to spend with her 4-year-old daughter Inez.

"That was one of the main reasons why I had to leave, because the hours were very long - 12 hour days," she explained. "You miss out on so much. So now I've got a bit of time with her, which is great."

Rouass is currently filming a new series of The TV Book Club, which returns to More 4 on Sunday.

lizann
03-02-2021, 18:22
she's returning