PDA

View Full Version : 2point4children

Treacle
14-06-2005, 23:54
Anybody remember this?
Ran from 1991-1999, was on the BBC, was a domestic comedy.
Featured Belinda Lang as Bill and Gary Olsen as Ben.
Sadly Gary Olsen is no longer with us, he passed away in 2000, he died of cancer in Melbourne Australia which is where he moved after the diagnosis because his wife had been born there. He was only 43 as well. Shame :(

Anyways this was an excellent comedy and still has me chuckling, it reminds me a little of "My Family" that's been on the beeb in recent years with Ben the dentist and co but this was a bit more old fashioned and featured the "Porter" family, they also had Rona who was Bill's sister and she was played by Julia Hills. This really was a fantastic comedy, it used to be shown on UKTV Gold but they don't seem to have it running at the moment which is a shame because I do miss it.

Emmak2005
15-06-2005, 00:44
Anybody remember this?
Ran from 1991-1999, was on the BBC, was a domestic comedy.
Featured Belinda Lang as Bill and Gary Olsen as Ben.
Sadly Gary Olsen is no longer with us, he passed away in 2000, he died of cancer in Melbourne Australia which is where he moved after the diagnosis because his wife had been born there. He was only 43 as well. Shame :(

Anyways this was an excellent comedy and still has me chuckling, it reminds me a little of "My Family" that's been on the beeb in recent years with Ben the dentist and co but this was a bit more old fashioned and featured the "Porter" family, they also had Rona who was Bill's sister and she was played by Julia Hills. This really was a fantastic comedy, it used to be shown on UKTV Gold but they don't seem to have it running at the moment which is a shame because I do miss it. As I recall Rona was Bill's neighbour, not sister. Ben's sister was called Tina (I little hard not to know, because she wore her name round her neck in the form of a necklace with 'tina' in gold) - and played by American actress Sandra Dickinson.

Treacle
15-06-2005, 03:32
Really? I thought Rona was the sister?
Anyways it was a great comedy and they had Bette the mother as well. Bill's mother.
She was played by that actress from the Royle Family who plays the nana on there too.

willow
15-06-2005, 09:18
i used to love it, it is replayed on uktv gold

daisy38
15-06-2005, 09:31
Oh i loved this show! I was about 11 when it started! Loved it!

Gary Olsen was the uncle of one of the boys in my sister class when they were in primary school, the day he died was so horrible! Its so hard to explain the feeling of that day! He was such a lovley bloke :D

Treacle
15-06-2005, 14:06
I only discovered he'd died recently, it's so sad anyways when someone dies so young. It's no life atall. Nick Pickard who plays Tony in Hollyoaks, his brother was in it. John Pickard.

Treacle
15-06-2005, 14:06
i used to love it, it is replayed on uktv gold
Yeah but it's not at the moment.

daisy38
15-06-2005, 14:14
I only discovered he'd died recently, it's so sad anyways when someone dies so young. It's no life atall. Nick Pickard who plays Tony in Hollyoaks, his brother was in it. John Pickard.

And thew girl who played his sister Jenny was played by the twin of the girl that played Julie in Hollyoaks (Tonys ex girlfriend)! Its a family affiar! :D

Treacle
15-06-2005, 14:16
And his sister Jenny was played by the twin of the girl that played Julie in Hollyoaks (Tonys ex girlfriend)! Its a family affiar! :D
:D I really miss this show, I would love to see a brand new series, do you think it would work?

It might be a little disrespectful towards Gary if the role of Ben is re-cast too, what do you think?

daisy38
15-06-2005, 14:21
To be honest, with out Gary, i don't think it would work. It wouldn't be the same, people would expect the same old clumsyness (sp?), he had a real good way of acting the fool when it needed to be done, no-one would be able to do the role justice! :D

Treacle
15-06-2005, 16:02
I suppose, they could cast someone to play the role like him but I think that's better stuck back in the nineties, I think the BBC should re-run it.

Trinity
15-06-2005, 16:04
I remember the show, but I didn't like it. The beeb could only make middleclass sit-coms at that time, and although it wasn't the worst it definitely wasn't my gig.

.:Kitz:.
15-06-2005, 16:47
I loved that show!! It was funny!!

Treacle
15-06-2005, 16:53
I remember the show, but I didn't like it. The beeb could only make middleclass sit-coms at that time, and although it wasn't the worst it definitely wasn't my gig.
What did you not like about it?

willow
15-06-2005, 17:19
i think a couple of weeks ago uktv gold had a whole day of it, played loads of episodes back to back

Treacle
15-06-2005, 17:29
Yes I saw those, I should have recorded them. It's classic :)

Treacle
21-06-2005, 14:37
It's on UKTV Gold now (Repeated: UKTV Gold +1 @ 2:20pm)

This is one of the quieter eps though.

My favourite episode was when that fox thing was in the back of the van when they were on their way back from France or something like that.

willow
25-06-2005, 10:44
its on right now on uktv gold!!!

Treacle
25-06-2005, 12:05
It's on every afternoon at 1:20pm later repeated on +1 at 2:20pm.

willow
25-06-2005, 12:14
It's on every afternoon at 1:20pm later repeated on +1 at 2:20pm.

i'm at work then!!! :thumbsdow :crying:

Treacle
25-06-2005, 14:59
It seems to be on UKTV Gold and +1 for a while actually, must be a special thing that they sometimes do. I would watch a few eps but I've seen most of them and it's on till later so might look in one later.

Bryan
25-06-2005, 15:45
its on all day on uktv gold today...one after another :D

bondboffin

willow
25-06-2005, 16:05
i am stuck with watching bear in the big blue house for most of the day!!!!!!

Treacle
25-06-2005, 16:14
My kids are building a lego tower but they keep kicking it over.

willow
25-06-2005, 16:15
all the toys my daughter has and she does not play with any of them, except her ball pit!!!

Treacle
25-06-2005, 16:39
I hate the fact you spend a fortune at christmas but they play with only one thing and it's usually not the biggest present either lol :)

willow
25-06-2005, 16:44
I hate the fact you spend a fortune at christmas but they play with only one thing and it's usually not the biggest present either lol :)

usually the box or something you got from the pound shop as an extra stocking filler!!

Treacle
25-06-2005, 16:58
usually the box or something you got from the pound shop as an extra stocking filler!!
LOL my kids always take their toys to my mam and dads when we go for christmas dinner.