PDA

View Full Version : Keeping the faith

squillyfer
14-06-2005, 19:00
This is my first script on this board so go easy on me :o This is just the intro it starts 10 years ago with a sort of flashback

Faith. It was something that the young Sharon Watts believed in strongly, although not through choice. Oh no for Sharon Watts faith was a survival technique. When things went from bad from worse she would dry her eyes, hold her head up high and act as though she didnt have a care in the world because she could honestly say that she believed that sooner or later something good would come along and all her faith would be rewarded.
However certain things in Sharons life had slowly destroyed her faith. The first of these was the death of her father when she was just a teenager. When she had argued with him befoehand she had been angry but she had always believed deep down that they would make up. They didnt. Her faith had been ignored.
Then she split from her husband and aborted his baby even though she had always believed he would make her happy. The final straw was when sharon found out she was unable to have children for when she had aborted grants baby she had thought that it was the right thing to do and that sometime after that she would still be able to settle down and start a family.
But no her dreams were torn to shreads and any of her remaining faith frittered away. That day held so many memories for Sharon but the two that stood out were the doctors news taking her faith away and meeting Dennis Rickman, the one person that might be able to give it back...

squillyfer
14-06-2005, 19:12
ill do more if this gets good response but i have planned for a shannis baby

Charmed
14-06-2005, 19:46
:cheer: Cool This is good :thumbsup: .
Do more a.s.a.p. :clap:

squillyfer
14-06-2005, 19:53
thanks i'll do more about 10

melonb
14-06-2005, 21:47
oooooo more please!!! sounds interesting!!! :angel: :cheer: :bow:

Nigellover
14-06-2005, 23:11
more! :thumbsup: more! :cheer: this is great!

squillyfer
14-06-2005, 23:21
Thanks for the replies sorry if its rubbish oh and by the way she's in america at the moment

Sharon sighed as she wiped the tears from off her cheeks. She felt so stupid for crying. This wasnt happening not to her it wasnt fair. The doctor had to be wrong or...no there was no or the doctor had to be wrong. She sat down on a bench outside the clinic to clear her thoughts. The worst thing was she didnt even want kids at that precise moment but to have the choice taken away from her, that was the worst part. An instant reaction swept over her body and she felt as though a part of her was missing never to be returned.
As she reflected on recent news she decided it was some kind of curse, a Watts curse after all she had been adopted. But that wasnt what she wanted that wasnt who she was things got worse for her and then they got better that was how it worked for her, but deep down Sharon knew that things werent going to get better and that they would never quiet be the same again. Deep down she knew that no amout of hoping would change things.
But Sharon Watts was not a quitter and she would not let this 'thing' ruin her life. No she was gonna go out there and live. So she put on her make up and plastered on a smile and hit the first night club she could find.
Once inside she surveyed the room for possible suspects...err...boyfriends. Too old...too ugly...too unavailable...ahh now this was promissing the cutest guy in the place just hapened to be the barman.
She saundered over to him giving him what she hoped was her most seductive smile
"Dry white wine please" she said in a honey coated voice
"coming right up by the way have you been here before you look familiar"
Sharon blushed and fluttered her eyelashes...she had him!
"No i dont think so, by the way I'm Sharon nice to meet you"
"The pleasures all mine" he said passing her the wine "my names dennis"

Nigellover
15-06-2005, 17:40
aaah bless!!the beginning of shannis! this is great more soon!!xx

squillyfer
15-06-2005, 18:49
thanks for all your gret replies heres the next part

Sharon stumbled. She was pretty drunk and the lift was out so they had to walk up to dennis' appartment. He was cute sharon thought, but nothing special and sharon got the distinct impression that he did this kind of thing a lot, inviting girls back to his flat that was. He seemed that type of person. She, on the otherhand, was not that type of person.
She was what would be described as a good girl. She played by the rules and didnt partake in things lightly for her a one night stand seemed ridiculous.
Dennis let her inton his flat and announced that he was going to the bathroom and she should "make herself at home". Sharon sat on the bed in the small (and obviously rented) appartment and happened to glance in the mirror. She looked at herself and stared long and hard untill her eyes were burning and her vision out a focus. A tear ran down her cheek for she didnt like what she saw
The woman staring back at her was broken and weak but sharon had no self pity. She knew that every ounce of pain etched on the face of the woman she was seeing was her own fault. If she hadnt of been so niave the reflection may have been different but her own blind faith had lead her to this point. She felt so degraded to have lowered herself to this point after all she was about to sleep with a man she had only known for three hours. She sighed and as walked out of the flat, leaving dennis to find his appartment empty when he returned from the bathroom,she knew she had to change. And so the next day as she boarded her flight back to england, and headed to walford the only home she had ever known, she made herself a promise to change. She promised to never believe in her faith again because, she decided, her faith did not believe in her.

melonb
15-06-2005, 19:25
wow this is great!!!! more soon please!! :cheer: :bow: :thumbsup: :clap:

squillyfer
16-06-2005, 18:45
tHANKS for all your replies sorry if this bits rubbish it will get better i promise oh well heres part 4

Sharon sat at the window peering into the dreary london street outside. This was her favorite place to be. Looking outside she could pretend for just a moment that she wasnt part of that world and could lose herself in her dreams. She sighed and turned away from the window. She had paperwork to do and anyway daydreams were silly she wasnt that kind of person...not anymore.
It had been almost 7 years since she had returned from america and she had changed a lot. None of the changes were dramatic but those who knew here best noticed the sparkle dissapear from her eyes and a firmness appear in her voice. Many people said she seemed stronger, more confident but deep down sharon knew they were all wrong in actual fact she was weaker than ever.
She thought about what had happened in america as little as possible but somehow the memories always crept back to her. She sometimes thought about the barman with the cheeky smile and had to giglle when she thought of how he must have reacted to finding his flat empty.
She shook her head to clear her thoughts and carried on with her paperwork. She didnt like to bring her work home but today was an exception. The weather was so bad outside she really didnt feel like going to the club. She had no idea where vicki was or how she could stand being out in weather like this.
At that moment vickis dischevled body came hurtling into the roob with her puffing and panting, he cheeks turning a bright shade of red. Sharon turned to her startled but before she could say anything vicki burst into a fit of un-coherant ramblings about pauline and family trees and dot and to be quiet frank a ton of other stuff sharon didnt understand.
"Vicki just calm down and start again" she said in her most soothing voice.
"Your not...huff...gonna...pant...believe this" she managed to get out.
"What what is it" said sharon growing impatient
And then in one complete breath vicki burst out "WE HAVE A BROTHER" :eek:

melonb
16-06-2005, 21:51
:eek: :cheer: yay!!
more soon please!!! :thumbsup:

Nigellover
16-06-2005, 22:08
this is great!!here comes dennis!lol more sn xx :cheer: :D

Harmanizing
17-06-2005, 15:13
Love this story so far. Please keep going, it's great.

squillyfer
18-06-2005, 23:23
sorry it took some time i was busy. I'm trying to move the story along so it may seem to miss bits. here it is.

After the initial shock had worn off sharon was just confused. How could they have a brother and not know about him it just didnt make sense. Vicki explaned how she had found him and the search began.
To start with sharon thought they might never find him and warned vicki not to get her hopes up but inside she was bubbling with curiosity. What did he look like? Where had he been? Did he know about them? All questions that could only be answered by him. And so they kept on looking. The hardest part was the tiny feeling tugging at sharons heart that mabye she didnt want to meet him after all technically he wasnt her brother and what if vicki liked him better that her after he was her brother.
Just as they felt like giving up they found him. They were finally going to meet him. Admitidly his mothers funeral wasnt the best meeting place in the world but they were meeting him...finally.
As they stood waiting for him sharon nervously stared at the ground and was once again filled with guilty feelings of not actually wanting to meet him. And so as sharon worried and stared at her shoes her 'brother' walked over and sharons first glimse of him was his feet. The black leather shone up at her as she slowly raised her head following the line of his sleek mourning suit until her eyes met with his. Sharon sucked in at the air in surprise and was speechless. Fortunatly for her vicki was never speechless.

Vicki: Hi, I'm so glad to finally meet you you have no idea how long we've been looking. Oh listen to me getting carried away im vicki and this is my sister. Well our sister i suppose.
Dennis looked at her he seemed to be running things over in his head
Dennis:My, our sister?
Vicki: Yup dad,den adopted her when she was three she's the only sibling ive ever known, well until you.

Vicki heard herself babbling and shut up. Sharon's eyes were fixed on dennis she couldnt believe it was him. She felt vicki give her a sharp jab it the ribs with her elbow and took it as the cue for introductions. She smiled awkwardly and held out her hand.

Sharon: Hi, my names sharon, nice to meet you.

She swallowed hard as dennis took her hand

Dennis: No the pleasures all mine. I'm dennis

squillyfer
19-06-2005, 20:22
will write more soon will try get to present in next 4 posts

stapler
19-06-2005, 21:19
Awwww. More asap please!

squillyfer
19-06-2005, 22:29
here it is

The next couple of months were hard for sharon. She pretended she was getting to know dennis for the first time and he for some reason went along with it.
As she got to know him she realised he wsnt so bad after all deep down although on the surface he was exactly how she had thought. A womaniser and a bit of a thug. The strange thing was whenever he came home after a night with a woman although he would make some cocky remark to vicki he would always shut up and look guilty when he saw sharon.
Eventually the two of them began to just ignore eachother. Sharon came to realise she would never see him as her brother and was content to just have vicki for a sister and to be honest dennis couldnt care less half the time whether sharon was his sister or not. The two of them just drifted along without ever mentioning that they had already met until one night when sharon found that for some unknown reason she couldnt sleep. Quietly so's not to wake vicki she crept towards the kitchen and was startled to find dennis sat at the table. His eyes were bleary and sharon could smell the coffee from his mug. She poured herself a coffee and took the seat opposite dennis. He nodded his head at her before peering back into his coffe cup. And so they sat in silence until dennis could take it no longer.

Dennis: Do you...ever...no it doesnt matter you probably dont remember.
Sharon: What dont i remember, do i what?
Dennis: Do you ever think about before in America?

Sharon sat once again speechless in his presence.

Sharon: To be honest, I try not to.
Dennis: oh right yeah of course. Dennis garbled out
Sharon: I mean when i think what nearly happened...
Dennis interupted.
Dennis: Yeah i mean your my...my sister.
Sharon: Yeah im your sister an your my brother and neither of us could have predicted that.
Sharons eyes were wide and she desperatly wanted the conversation to end.
Dennis: No,no of course not... right night then.
And with that dennis got up and went to bed without even finishing his coffee leaving sharon alone with her thoughts and the two of them never spoke about America again.

squillyfer
20-06-2005, 17:46
here it is im doing my best lol
Trying to get to present day asap so might miss bits

After that night things started to get easier for the two of them. They had talked about what happened ,or more to the point what nearly happened, in america so they both knew that the other wasnt going to bring it up at an unexpected moment.
And so they grew closer. Sharon had her family around her and dennis had vicki and...well he wasnt too keen on the idea of sharon being his sister. Sometimes she would catch him looking at her and it would be more than brotherly love in his eyes. But then part of her would feel the same and sharon found herself thinking that if she could never accept him as her brother anyway then why didnt she just go for it.
Vicki, thats why. If it all went wrong dennis could leave and vicki would blame sharon leaving her with nobody as ironic as it was she couldnt afford to love him because she couldnt afford to lose him and part of her expected that she would lose him after all she didnt believe in happy endings anymore.
So as it turned out it was dennis that took the first step one eventful night in september almost two years ago. They argued and he confessed his love but her inability to believe in a happy future prevented her from doing the same and so with a heavy heart and anger in his eyes he headed for the door...thanks to her he didnt walk out of it :wub:

Nigellover
20-06-2005, 19:02
:cheer: great scrpit!!wahay - "that night" lol more sn xxx

squillyfer
23-06-2005, 18:13
sorry keep forgetting this will post more later

squillyfer
23-06-2005, 20:12
Sorry its short will try to do more later tonight if not tomorrow

That night changed sharons life forever and she knew it. She knew the moment she gave in and kissed dennis that her life was never going to be the same again. She put everything she had into that kiss whether she admitted it or not she had wanted this to happen for months and as she would her fingers into his soft wavy hair and as he lead her to the bedroom she felt euphoric, even if just for a moment. It was the most selfish feeling in the world but she was happy and for once that was all that mattered. She didnt think of the what ifs or the mabyes and for the first time in 5 years sharon took a leap of faith and a small amount of hope was instilled in her heart. She was happy. Then den came back... :angry:

squillyfer
24-06-2005, 22:37
sorry will hve to be more tommorrow cos i went out for tea

squillyfer
25-06-2005, 20:06
heres some more all feedback welcome tell me ifshould give up and leave it.
This is the last bit of back story before it starts properly sorry it took too long blame homework. :angry:

After dens came back Sharons life spiralled out of control and everything changed. She couldnt be with dennis and she felt as though she was no longer her own person. She couldnt be who she was before den came back but she wasnt who she was before he 'died' either. The worst thing was that she felt as thought the last 20 years of her life had been built on a lie but dennis, he felt safe, he felt like home, he felt real and so when den left they embarked on an affair only to be split when he returned.
This broke sharon. Broke her heart into tiny pieces until she felt as though she would never be happy again after all the only person that ever made her feel truly happy was dennis. Dennis always maintained his love for her evern when they werent together while she was forced to deny him hers and when she once again sought solace in his arms sharon resolved never to lose him again. She was wrong.
Christmas was supposed to be a happy time. Her and dennis were supposed to be happy but sharon and happy didnt often go together. As they revealed their love zoes admission broke sharon and dennis apart and recked all chances of them having a future together. Sure she could have stayed with him but she knew she couldnt watch another woman give him the child she knew he wanted. She was scared. Scared that one day he would wake up and realise that she could never give him that child. Scared that he would leave her. Scared that she would be left with nothing except haunting memories and an empty bed.
So sharon did whatshe always did when she was scared. She ran. She ran away and hid in america. She was safe again and the fear had gone but she wasnt the same person evn vicki could tell. She felt like an empty shell, useless and alone and she was probably in the wort place possible. Seeing Michelle with mark jr and vicki was like twisting the knife that had lodged itself in her heart. It hurt. It hurt her so much that sometimes she wanted to die but part of hre liked the pain because it told her she was still alive, reminded her she was human, reminded her of him. And as time passed she learnt how to live again, learnt how to lie. Even after she found out her dad had ruined her life for nothing by making zoe lie she returned to america and continued healing her heart because she knew it would get better not because she had faith but through the process of elimination. It had to get batter because it couldnt possibly be worse. She had lost the love of her life, what could be worse that that, she was never going to see him again.

di marco
26-06-2005, 16:46
brill! :D wow this is so good! just read it all. liking the way sharon and dennis had met before! :) post more very very very soon please, cant wait

squillyfer
26-06-2005, 19:12
As usual sharon was wrong.
As dennis strolled down the sunny florida streets he couldnt believe he was going to see her again. When he found out she was staying with vickis family he headed straight for her and now as he stood and knocked on the front door nerves bubbled through his veins.
The door opened.
Vicki screamed.

Vicki: I cant believe its you what are you doing here
Dennis: well what do you think im doing here im here to see my favorite sister
Vicki: Yeah right and the fact that sharons here is just a coincidence.
Dennis: yeah well i came to see her too are you goona invite me in or not.
Vicki stood aside and dennis walked into the pristine hallway and throught to the lounge where he quickly occupied a space on the sofa.
Dennis: so...how is she?
Vicki: to be honest not great she cries alot but she wont talk about it. She did tell us about about zoe not being pregnant though and it all being dads fault.
Dennis: what how does she know about that?
Vicki: Chrissie tricked her into going back. She was hoping for you to be there so much when you werent she was worse than ever.
Dennis: Where is she now i need to talk to her
Vicki: She shopping with mum. Mum thought it might make her feel better but we all know it wont the only thing that can do that is you. She still loves you dennis.
Dennis: I love her too. I never stopped loving her.
Vicki: Im sorry
Dennis: what for?
Vicki: for being against you two. Youre so perfect for each other i can see that now. You make her happy and at the end of the day thats all i want for you both to be happy. I love you both.
Dennis: we love you too we never wanted to hurt you and the fact of the matter is she makes me happy too. I'm dying without her

squillyfer
26-06-2005, 19:16
will do more after 10

In the next part: Dennis has found sharon but does she want to be with him?

di marco
27-06-2005, 09:49
brill! :D sharon has to have dennis back! :) more very soon please, cant wait

squillyfer
27-06-2005, 19:11
part 11
all replies welcome :)

Sharon forced yet another smile as they climbed into the taxi. Normally she loved shopping with Chelle but her heart just wasnt in it. They travelled home in silence and were surprised to hear the sound of two voices as they entered the hallway. Sharon recognised both of them. As she heard footsteps in the hall she stood perfectly still in shock. Then two faces appeared round the doorway. The first was vicki who casually stepped to the side. Then dennis.

Dennis: Hello Sharon

This was all too much for sharon who broke down in tears and ran to her room slamming the door behind her before collapsing on the bed in a flurry of tears.

Dennis: Now what do i do?
Vicki: talk to he she's just in she thats all
Dennis: but what if she doesnt want me
Vicki: She will. Now stop being stupid and get in there will you. You love her dont you!
Dennis: Ok but can you give us some space im not exactly comforted by the thought of you listening at the door while i pour my heart out.
Michelle: Sorry but who are you and whats going on?
Vicki: come on mum lets go see what you bought while you wee uot and ill tell you the whole story.

Dennis pushed the bedroom door open, his heart breaking at the sight of sharon in floods of tears. She looked so small, so innocent, so sad. Instinct took over and without a second thought her strode over to the bed and pulled her into his arms. He could feel her shaking through her sobs. Her hands were clammy, her face was wet and sticky from tears and the lump in her throught made her want to be sick.She felt as though she was suffocating. Slowly she pulled away from dennis wiping her face with her sleeve.

Sharon: I dont know if i can do this
Dennis: do what?
Sharon: be here with you
Dennis: I love you sharon
Sharon: But i dont know if my heart will let me love you again. If i lost you all over again i dodnt think i could cope.

She stood up and walked to the window leaving dennis sat on the bed.

Dennis: Your not gonna lose me, i promise
Sharon: you said that before remember and you broke my heart.

Next part: can dennis convince sharon?

Nigellover
27-06-2005, 20:29
wow!that was fab!!u nearly had me in tears there!!excellent more sn please!!sharon of course you cna love him!he's come all this way- you have to get together!!! :cheer: :thumbsup:

squillyfer
28-06-2005, 17:44
part 12

Dennis stood up and walked until he was level with her. He placed one hand on her waist and the other under her chin forcing her to look at him. She was once again shaking at his touch and her eyes were full of fear and doubt.

Dennis: Sharon, you are the most amazing thing in the world and things are different now. I know i couldnt live without you, your like oxygen. When I'm with you I'm happier than at any other time. I love you. I love everything about you. The way you butter your toast right to the edge, the way you bite your lip when your nervous, the way you wrinkle your nose when you sneeze. I love your laugh, your giggle, your infectious human compassion. I love the way you put everyone else first and never think of yourself...

Sharon: Dennis...

Dennis:: No Sharon I think you need to he this because you dont seem to realise just how amazing you are. You think your nothing special but you are the most spectacular person i have ever met and I'm crazy about you. I think about you all the time. Your my first thought in the morning and my last thought at night and without you my life loses all purpose because you are my life sharon and without you I'm nothing.
You are stunningly beautiful and funny and warm and sensitive and you make me happy to be alive. You make every hardship I've been through, all the rubbish in my life, seem worth it because you might be my reward.You're as perfect as snow on christmas morning. You're the sun after my storm sharon. You're my hope and I dont know what I'd do without you. I'm never letting you go. I love you sharon...

Her face was once again tear stained and she was shaking all over but one word from dennis and everything seemed ok again. She dared to hope. One word from dennis and she leapt onto his arms and let him kiss her tears away. One word thats all it took as dennis leant foreward and whispered in her ear...

Dennis: Forever

:heart: :wub: :heart:

Next part: Theyre happy but they cant stay in America forever...

squillyfer
29-06-2005, 17:49
will do more soon :D

squillyfer
30-06-2005, 19:03
hi again here it is part 13 please reply

The next month was pure bliss for sharon and dennis. They could go anywhere, do anything and finally be themselves but something was still bugging sharon, in a way they were still hiding. Sharon knew what she wanted to do. Going back to walford was, in her eyes, the only way they could face their demons and be together properly. Talking to dennis about this was not the easiest thing in the world but in the end Sharon decided that there really was no other option and so as they lay in bed one night sharon decided her best option was to just blurt it out.

Sharon: I want to go back to walford
Dennis: What? Your joking right. Why?
Sharon: Cos I want us to be a proper couple and in a way it seems like we're still hiding. And I know that as long as we're happy thats the main thing but i cant help but want peoples approval.
Dennis: What are you on about approval? No one has a problem with us
Sharon: Here they dont but lets face it between our half sister and her family its not much to go on is it?
Dennis: What about that guy we met at the park the other day he said we were a cute couple.
Sharon: Yeah but he didnt know that according to half of london we're brother and sister did he?
Dennis: I'm not your brother
Sharon: I know that I just want to make everyone else know that and the only way we can do that is by going back.
Dennis: You do know that if we go back we have to face den.
Sharon: Yeah but I'm not gonna let him ruin my life again. I want to show him we're a real couple and that things dont always go his way
Dennis: fine but we see den then we're leaving ok.
Sharon: I love you do you know that?
Dennis: Well how could you not im just irresistable.

Sharon laughed.

Sharon: all right mister irresistable get some sleep or you could end up on the couch.

she giggled again, rolled over and went to sleep.

Next part: What will have changed when they get back

squillyfer
30-06-2005, 19:29
more after 10 ( as usual homework rules my life and we just got sats results so homework doubled

melonb
30-06-2005, 19:52
this is great!! :thumbsup: i just got my sats results as well!! :angel:
cant wait for more!!! :cheer: :bow:

squillyfer
30-06-2005, 19:54
great hope you did well my parents are dead pleased co i took a maths extension paper and got a level 8 :angel:

melonb
30-06-2005, 20:05
same!! :cheer: i was very surprised!! :eek: but twas a nice surprise! did ok in eng n science hope u did well!!! :cheer:

di marco
03-07-2005, 15:45
fab! :D just caught up. yay sharon and dennis are back together like they should be! :) more very soon please, cant wait

squillyfer
04-07-2005, 18:25
sorry about the delay pc broke. Congratulations on your results melonb it was a surprise for me too. heres part 14.

All the way back to walford sharon was nervous. There was so much that could have happened. Its strange you go away and you thing the world stops but sharon new from experience that the world kept turning and that things would not be the same as when they left them. And so as they arrived outside the vic sharon couldnt help feel slightly aprehensive.
They pushed the door open and the room went silent. Gossip travelled round the room in seconds and dennis wound a protective arm around sharons waist. Sharon smiled to herself: just andother day at the vic. Then she strode confidently up to the bar even though inside she was shaking. She could feel peoples stares burnig into her and sense dennis stood behind her.

Sharon: Hello chrissie long time no see. Make mine a gin and tonic.

Later when noise had returned to the pub chrissie ushered sharon and dennis over to a booth in the corner.

Chrissie: What are you two doing here
Sharon: Its nice to see you too
Chrissie: No its just we didnt expect to see you again, either of you after what happened with your dad and zoe
Sharon: we didnt want to hide and anyway we have unfinished business
Dennis: Where is zoe anyway i thought her family would be about ready to kill me after all im assuming they still think i abandoned her.
Chrissie: No she told them everything everyone knows she said it right here in the vic. She left about a week ago for ibiza she just couldnt hack it anymore.
Sharon: Wheres dad we need to talk to him.
Chrissie: He's not here
Sharon: well when will he be back
Chrissie: He wont he left me ok. Just got up and left me for some blonde bimbo he met in kent on a business trip.
Sharon: But thats not dad he wouldnt just up and leave.
Chrissie: Im soory is this the same man that pretended to be dead for 14 years
Sharon: But thats different he wouldnt just leave the vic not after he fought so hard to get it.
Chrissie: well he did ok sharon he left me and i dont really want to talk about it her ruins lives thats what he does surely you two can understand that.

Dennis reached for sharons hand and squeezed it gently. It had been a wasted journey.All the effort sharon had put into acting brave was wasted until all she wanted to do was cry and dennis knew it.

Chrissie: Look im sorry he's not here i really am but your welcome to saty here until your ready to move on.
Dennis: Thanks chrissie we'd like that

The next few weeks went without fault. The couple decided to stay in walford for the time being and sharon had started working behind the bar, which she loved.Then one day out of the blue after a row with chrissie Kat stormed up to sharon.

Kat: You wanna know what really happened to your old man ask chrissie or shall i save you the bother
Sharon: I know what happened dad left with another woman.
Kat: Oh is that what she told you too. Let me enlighten you shall I...

Later sharon sat huddled on the floor in the celler staring at a patch of fresh concrete when chrissie cam down the stairs.

Chrissie: Sharon what are you doing down here you'll catch your death
Sharon: why did you do it chrissie?
Chrissie: I dont know what your talking about
Sharon: Why did you kill my dad? :eek:

Next part: what will chrissie say?

melonb
04-07-2005, 18:43
:eek: :eek: :eek: kat told her!!!!
more soon please!! :thumbsup: :clap: :cheer: :bow:

squillyfer
04-07-2005, 18:52
bet you werent expecting that lol

squillyfer
05-07-2005, 19:14
have already written the ending for this so i need to get a move on and write the middle LOL

squillyfer
05-07-2005, 19:28
part 15

Dennis had just finished work and could think of nothing better to do with his afternoon with sharon but to his surprise when he got to the vic she wasnt on the bar.

Dennis: Hey Trace' have you seen Sharon
Tracey: Yeah she's in the celler i think
Dennis: Thanks

Dennis walked round the back and towards the celler but stopped when he heard voices.

Sharon: Why Chrissie? I just want to knw why
Chrissie: Oh come on sharon why did you think you said it yourself all he ever did was make peples lives difficult
Sharon: That was no reason to kill him

Dennis could see through the crack in the door that sharons face was tearstained but could tell by her voice that she was beyond crying. Chrissie too had started to cry.

Chrissie: I just didnt know what to do he was going to kill me we never meant for this to happen
Sharon: We. Who's we?
Chrissie: Me, Sam and Zoe
Sharon: Sam and Zoe they were there? Wait a minute that night i came back...
Chrissie: He was so mad when you left he just snapped he tried to strangle me so zoe wacked him over the head with Paulines doorstop we thought he was dead but he wasnt when he came round i was alone and he went for me again. It was self defence sharon i promise.

Dennis chose this moment to make his entrance.

Dennis: I'm not so sure the police will see it like that. You tried to cover it up, buried the body.
Chrissie: I panicked you wouldnt know what its like.

Sharon gave dennis a knowing look.

Dennis: Look chrissie im in no position judge you but it still shouldnt have happened
Chrissie: You think i dont know that I've had to live with this for nearly five months and you two coming back just made me feel worse.
Sharon: Chrissie...I forgive you
Chrissie: what?
Sharon: Den was my dad. What happened shouldnt have and I wish I'd known sooner but it doesnt change the fact that he tried to take away the thing i love most...Dennis and i can never forgive him for that and if im honest I never want to see him again so mabye things are better this way.What I mean to say is I wont tell the Police and we can all pretend none of this ever happened and put Den Watts firmly behind us all agreed?
Dennis: What ever you want is fine by me
Chrissie: Thankyou sharon and i am truly sorry.

Sharon walked to the door.

Sharon: Sorry for what i have no idea what you're talking about

And with that sharon walked out of the door and back to the bar. Great. She thought now she had two murders on her concience.

:love: Next part: Dennis has something to ask sharon!!!! :love:

squillyfer
06-07-2005, 19:05
here it is all replies welcome sorry its long
part 16

The last few weeks had been horrible for Sharon. After the revelation of dens murder sharon was finding it harder and harder to trust people and found herself more and more isolated. She longed for nothing more than to be on her own after all she knew she could trust herself. The main problem with this was dennis. By spending so much time on her own the communication between them was breaking down and this was only made worse by the fact that dennis had now decided he wanted to leave walford with sharon and get away from everything something which sharon really didnt want to do. For some reason though she couldnt tell him that she wanted to leave. Mabye she just ddint want to lose him and going along with his plans made both their lives easier but either way she let dennis go ahead making his plans while she distanced herself from everything she had come to love so dearly until one day she could take it no more.
It was a friday afternoon, a friday that had seemed to go on forever, and sharon was tired and resting upstairs in the vic when dennis came up, a bundle of holiday brochures tucked under his arm. He sat down infront of her and laid the brochures out on the table.

Dennis: I was wondering, what do you think about morocco?
Sharon: Morroco, why?
Dennis: I was thinking we could start our travels their.
Sharon: Oh
Dennis: Or mabye we could do europe, we could start in France then through to Spain...
Dennis: Then round to Italy, I always wanted to go their...
Dennis: Then theres Germany, or we could always do somewhere more tropical, like Greece...
Dennis: We could do Crete or mabye the Canary islands or of course we could just make it up as we go along...
Dennis: I mean as long as we're not here what difference does it make...
Dennis: I'm telling you the sooner the better...
Sharon: DENNIS!
Dennis:What?

Sharon stood up and walked to the window.

Sharon: I dont want to go
Dennis: well if its the place we could...
Sharon: No its not the place you dont get it i dont want to go anywhere i want to stay here
Dennis: You want to stay here?
Sharon: Yes
Dennis: But what about our plans?
Sharon: Your plans dennis they were your plans
Dennis: But you never said anything i thought you wanted to leave
Sharon:I know. I know that when you agreed to come here it was because i said we weren't staying but things change dennis, I changed walfords in my blood i cant change that I dont get why you're so against the place anyway.
Dennis: Because theres nothing here for us the only memories i have of here are bad ones.
Sharon: So the day you met me, the first time we slept together, The first time i told you i loved you are they all bad memories because guess what dennis they all happened here.
Dennis: Of course they aren't bad memories but they're few among the mad bad ones and anyway ther's nothing left for us here, you know that.
Sharon: You know what i think? I think there's more to this than you're letting on. What aren't you telling me? What are you afraid of?
Dennis: You really wanna know, losing you thats what I'm afraid of because i dont think i can live without you. I see you being happy here and I know its where you belong but I'm scared that if we stay here we'll grow further and further apart. You haven't been youself lately and I know its because of den. He's dead and he's still tearing us apart. Every day you get further and further away from me and all i can do is watch cos there's nothing i can do about it.

Sharon sat back down opposite his and lowered her voice to barely more hat a whisper.

Sharon: You could have talked to me
Dennis: And say what: hey sharon I know your dads dead but im still here get over. Somehow i dont think that would have worked.
Sharon: It might have done. You dont know what its like you think you know what its like to have a murder on your conciece, try having two on your concience that you didnt commit but were both partly your fault.
Dennis: What are you talking about?
Sharon:I know about dad and dalton and i culd have stopped both of them. I could have been with you the night dalton died, mabye if i had been he wouldnt have died and you wouldnt have known about dad. And dad, if i hadnt left that night he wouldnt have gone for chrissie and as a result he wouldnt be six feet under in the celler
Dennis: Look you cant blame yourself for either of those things you didnt know they were going to die. I need you back sharon
Sharon: I never went anywhere
Dennis: Well you seemed pretty distant to me. It feels like im losing you.
Sharon: Your not gonna lose me i cant live without you either i love you so much leaving you would kill me. I'm more worried that your gonna leave me again

Tears streamed down her face. He stood up and sat down next to her stroking her hand.

Dennis: Well as I'm not going anywhere I'll make you a deal.
Sharon: What?
Dennis: I love you enough to stay in walford if thats what you want.
Sharon: Oh dennis really?
Dennis: Really. I'd do anything for you. I love you.

Sharon wiggled herself onto dennis' knee and he looked into her eyes.

Dennis: I love you. I want to spend the rest of my life with you because i cant imagine a time when i wont want it to be you that i wake up next to. Sharon will you marry me?

Sharon looked back at his as he wiped the tears from his face before calmly answering him.

Sharon: Why wouldnt I of course I'll marry you

With that he swept her into his arms and kissed her passionately, kissing away all her fear and doubt. They were together and this time it really was forever.

Next part: The wedding preparations

squillyfer
06-07-2005, 19:43
sorry about that it took ages to edit

squillyfer
07-07-2005, 19:38
will post the next part after ee if i get some more replies

Harmanizing
07-07-2005, 21:55
I keep looking for the next part. Please post it soon.

squillyfer
07-07-2005, 22:28
sorry its short but the last one was long so it evens out please reply

part 17

Wedding preparations were in full swing and the couple couldnt be happier. At first sharon had been aprehensive about telling people but she quickly realised that with dennis beside her she could be brave again and of course once dot knew everyone did.
The first hurdle in the preparations was setting a date for the ceremony. Dennis had wanted september 29th as it was the first time he told her he loved her but sharon quickly reminded him that it was also the day den came back so that was out of the window. Then sharon wanted july 18th, the day they had first met nearly 6 years ago in america but dennis reminded her that it wasnt exactly a happy day for her so that too was dismissed. In the end they settled for the 28th of August dennis' birthday as for the first time this year they would be able to celebrate their birthdays as a couple.
The next hurdle was the all important dress, something which sharon strictly forbade dennis from having any imput with. They had opted for a church wedding and sharon wanted to make it a day neither of them would forget so the dress had to be perfect. The bridesmaids had been chosen as chrissie along with vicki and michelle who were flying over specially for the wedding, jake was enlisted as best man and Ian was hired to do the catering. Everything was in place. The traditional hen and stag nights were ditched and in their place sharon and dennis enjoyed a quiet night in before he left for the moon household to get ready the next morning. Nothing could go wrong and sharon was determained to enjoy her wedding but would everything go to plan?

next part: Its the wedding and dens women have a little chat.

squillyfer
08-07-2005, 18:16
here it is all replies welcome will probably post more later. Part 18

Dennis was nervous. After all getting married was something he never expected to do. He thought about all the other girls he had been with and cringed. He had wasted so much time, time that he could had been with sharon. Well he wasnt going to waste anymore time. Today was going to be perfect he had to make it perfect...for her.

Sharon shivered as vicki zipped up her dress. She couldnt believe this was finally happening afer all the fighting and everything they had done they were finally going to be together forever. She looked at herself in the mirror. Her glittering tiara, which held the floor length pearlecent veil in place, was nestled gentled on a bed of blonde ringlettes that framed her smiling face. Her make up was subtle but gave her a youthfull immortal look. Around her neck hung a simple diamond necklace that matched her earrings. The corsett of her dress hugged her figure, its pearls and crystals catching the light, as the skirt of her cream gown pooled on the floor. She felt amazing.

Vicki: You look like a princess
Sharon: Dont say that
Vicki: But its true
Sharon: Thanks vicks but i just dont want to think about dad, not today
Vicki: Ok here help me with this

Sharon turned to do the zip on vicki's dress. It was deep red to match dennis' shirt and was identical to michelle and chrissie's who promptly entered the room chatting.

Chrissie: You got a lucky escape
Michelle: Yeah i heard he has a thing for young girls still at least i got vicki
Chrissie: Your lucky thats all you got off him...
Sharon: Thats it ive had enough look for one day can den watts not rule our lives
Michelle: Sorry sharon its just...
Sharon: Just nothing my whole life he has been affecting me in some way or another and i know im not the only person who thinks that. Vicki he couldnt love you when you needed it most, Michelle the only good thing that came of you and him was vicki and chrissie he lied to you so many times im surprised you lasted as long as you did. And lest not forget the people that aren't here. Mum, he drove her to an early grave and zoe he took advantage of her and dennis. Thanks to dad there nearly was no me and dennis so for once can we just forget about him and get on with our lives.

Jake: Nervous?
Dennis: Course im nervous in an hours time im marrying the girl of my dreams. A girl i never thought would be mine and im never letting her go again.
Jake: Yeah well get a move on lover boy cos like you said we only have an hour and if we're late chrissie will kill me.
Dennis: whats the deal with you two?
Jake: Who knows? I like her she likes me and yet we never seem to be able to get it together enough to make a go of it
Dennis: Oh well keep trying mate, never give up. I mean look at me and sharon everything that could be against a couple was against us but we didnt give up and if we had well lets put it this way i wouldnt be stood here in my best suit would i
Jake: Do you love her, I mean really love her?
Dennis: I dont think i could love her more if I tried, she gets me through the day, i love her more than anything.
Jake: Good cos your marrying her in forty minutes, get a move on.

Next part: The service

squillyfer
08-07-2005, 22:33
I have already started writing a sequel to this called keeping it in the family LOL it is a bit different to this tho mabye a bit darker. Please reply.

Part 19

Dennis was still nervous and his eyes kept wandering to the back of the church, vainly he tries to stay focused on the front but once again he fidgets and looks towards the door.

Jake: Calm down. She'll be here.

Jake was right, thought dennis, he had to stop worrying. Almost as if on que at that moment the doors opened and the wedding march began to play. Dennis could resist no longer and jerked his head towards the back of the church in time to see vicki, chrissie and michelle glide down the isle in single file spreading red rose petals as they went. Then he saw her.She was everything he had imagined and more. She was perfect. She looked like an angel. At her side stood Ian who had stepped in to give her away.
Sharons spine tingled as she placed her hand in his but it always did when she was around him . The vicars spaech went by in a blur and before she knew it it was time for the vows. They had written their own vows and this was made even more special by the fact that neither of them knew what the other had put.Dennis went first.

Dennis: Sharon, Icould tell you how much I love you and how you mean everything to me, but I'm not. I could tell you how the world is a better place because of you and that you are the reason I live, but I'm not. I could say a million things and more but I'm not. So instead i think this sums up all I want to say.
Dennis reached inside his pocket and pulled out a tattered piece of paper and began to read.

Dennis: Today with my whole heart
I pledge to thee
my love and faith
for eternity
to fill your life
with laughter and fun
to stay true to you
my only one
I'll be your friend
in good times and in bad
comfort you
when you're feeling sad
I'll be your star
shining bright
in time of darkness
I'll be your light
I pledge this oath
till the very end
I'll stay with you forever
my love, my friend
I do
The room was silent and a solitary silvery tear ran down sharons face.She cleared her throat ready for her vows.

Sharon: Being with you I have learnt two thing. That love knows no limit to its endurance, no end to its trust and love still stands when all else has fallen. So I have decided to simply tell you the things I love about you

She too then began to reciet a poem the only difference being that she knew hers by heart.

Sharon: The sparkle in your eye,
The warmth of your skin.
Your breath on my neck,
That quivers within.

The touch of your hand,
The smell of your hair.
The kindness in your smile,
That strength in your stare.

Your kiss on my lips,
Your body near mine.
The stroke of your touch,
That feeling inside.

The sound of your voice,
Compassion in your embrace.
The serenity in your stride,
The power in your face.

The calming of your presence,
The beating of your heart.
The promise of tomorrow,
That we may never part.

The beauty of your kiss,
and that magic in your touch.
It is for all these reasons and more,
Why I love you so much.
I do

The vicar smiled, in all his years as a clergyman he had never seen two peple more in love and perfect for each other.

Vicar: I can now pronounce you husband and wife in the name of the father and the sun and the holy spirit.Amen. You may kiss the bride.
Dennis lifted Sharons veil and kissed her passionatly as the room erupted in applause. They had done it. They were married and nothing could stop them now.

Next part: Whats making sharon unhappy?

Pleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaassssssseeeeeee reply :) :rolleyes:

Nigellover
08-07-2005, 23:24
wow!aaah bless they did it!!mr and mrs rickman - happily ever after!!the vows were so sweet! more sn please its great.

squillyfer
10-07-2005, 00:00
I enjoyed writing the last part and now its sort of winding down towards the end but there are still about ten parts left so here is the next part please reply

part 20

Wedded bliss. Thats what it wa like for the first few months. They spent all their time together stayed late in bed and spent all night wispering sweet nothings to each other. They had each other they didnt need anything else but then one day all that changed.
It was a normal afternoon in the vic. Just like any other day sharon was behind the bar and dennis was keeping her company. Everything was as it should be until the doors opened and in walked a young woman with a toddler.
Dennis choked on his pint.

Dennis: Erin!!
Erin: thats right baby, I'll have a lager and lime doll face.

Sharon turned cautiously to make the drink at the same time listening to see how things unfolded.

Dennis: What are you doing here?
Erin: Thought I'd show you your daughter. (she indicated to the toddler on her hip)
Dennis: My dau... wait a minute, I mean how, wha..?
Erin: God calm down I was joking. She's big steve's
Dennis: what?
Erin: She's not yours. As in not your kid as in dont worry. I was passing by and heard you were around thought i'd pop in for old times sake so how about i ditch the kid and we have a bit of ruff and tumble!
Dennis: Erin I have a wife now.
Erin: Really, poor c*w, where's she?

Sharon handed her the drink.

Sharon: She's here.
Erin : Oh sorry dollface didnt mean to step on your turf
Sharon: Dont worry you weren't "stepping on my turf"
Erin: Well I'll be going then see what big steves doing this afternoon, i think his wife does aerobics on a wednesday so we could use the house. Oh well your loss dennis. Bye chick see ya dollface good luck being married to him.

And with that erin left and sharon stormed upstairs leaving chrissie to look after the bar. Dennis followed only to find her lying on the bed, her face burrowed into the pillow.

Dennis: Hey whats wrong whats the problem?
Sharon: I am
Dennis: what do you mean? Is this about erin?
Sharon: No its not about stupid erin its about you and me
Dennis? I'm sorry sharon i have no clue what youre on about.
Sharon: I'm talking about kids dennis and the lack of them. I saw the way you looked at that little girl. For a minute there you wanted her to be yours
Dennis: Sharon...
Sharon: And you know what part of ME wanted her to be yours cos then you'de have the one thing you want that i cant give you. How ever much you try to make it go away it'l alaways be there dennis, that yearning to be a parent. Trust me I've had it for ten years and it doesnt go away it just gets worse.
Dennis: But i can live without that its you i want.
Sharon: I know i believe you but i cant deny you of a child.
Dennis: What are you saying?
Sharon: I'm saying I want a baby
Dennis: Well theres lots we could do we could look in to adoption...
Sharon: No Dennis, I want it to be our baby our own flesh and blood and i know that sounds silly but when you cant have something you just want it more. I want it to be our baby. I want to try IVF.
Dennis: Are you sure thats what you want?
Sharon: Posotive.
Dennis: then thats what we'll do and I promise you we'll be parents cos I'm with you all the way.

Next part: Will it work?

melonb
10-07-2005, 17:20
awwww please say it works!! :wub:
sorry i havnt repiled ive just caught up!!! :o
its fabby!!! :thumbsup: :cheer: :clap:

Nigellover
11-07-2005, 18:32
awww bless sharon!please let them have a baby shannis!! :cheer: :thumbsup:

squillyfer
11-07-2005, 22:01
thanks for the replies. I just really want to get to the end cos i know what it is and i dont know if you'll like it :hmm: well anyway here it is just a short part(dont hate me)LOL

Part 21

Sharon held her breath. It had been almost four months since her and dennis had married but ti had not been all fun and games. A week after erins visit the pair had been to the doctor to enquire about ivf. It turned out that sharon was a good example to test a new series of fertility drugs on and although dennis wasnt fond of the idea it meant that treatment could start straight away. So having been married just undre a month the pair started trying for a baby and today they found out whether sharon was pregnant or not.
Looking back on the past months sharon couldnt help but wonder whether the strain she was putting on their marriage was unnecessary after all they could odopt. There are thousands of children out there needing loving parents but sharon couldnt help but feel like that would be settling for second best and for her second best just wasnt good enough. Not this time.
The doctor walked in. The look on his face gave nothing away.Dennis reached for sharons hand. He seemed as nervous as she was.

Sharon: Well?
Doctor: Well I have some news although I'm not sure if its the news you want.
Dennis gripped sharons hand tighter.

Doctor: The treatment is working but slowly. Your egg production has doubled making your chances of concieving far higher than they were three months ago but I'm afraid your not pregnant. Not yet at least but with the advance in your treatment...

The doctor carried on talking but sharon and dennis weren't listening. It had failed. All that heartache and it didnt work. Dennis felt a tear run down his cheek and hastily wiped it away. Sharon, seeing this, rose from her chair and threw both her arms around him crying harder and harder herself.

Sharon: It's ok baby. It's ok. We'll try again. We will do this just like you promised.
Dennis: What makes us think we're so special sharon. Why us and not other people.
Sharon: You want to know why this should happen to us I'll tell you why because we deserve it more. We want it more. We have spent our whole lives fighting. Fighting for inndependence, fighting for our lives, fighting fot each other and just like all those other times we are gonna fight for this and we are going to win because I will not be beaten. Not now, not after all we've been through. We are so close, I'm so close. I almost have my family and one little hiccup isnt going to take that away from me because thats all this is dennis a hiccup, a blip on the radar. We can try again baby, we can try again

With that the doctor made a hasty scribble in his notes and told them that they were down for another cycle and that he was convinced that they would make excellent parents...someday soon

Next part: Will they get their baby?

melonb
12-07-2005, 20:07
awww please say they get their baby!!!! :wub:

squillyfer
13-07-2005, 19:06
Part 22

They were there again. That god forsaken doctors office. Its discoloured cream walls and tasteless carpet made it the last place anyone would want to be when they were feeling down but this obviously had not been taken into consideration.
Sharon and Dennis had there chairs as close together as possible and were once again gripping each others hand and taking comfort in the thought that thay were not alone. Sharon leaned to the edge of her chair as the doctor came in. It had to have worked this time it had to.
They were on their third IVF attempt. The second had tragically had to have been abandoned after sharon caught an infection. Third time lucky sharon thought. She glanced at dennis. His face was pale and his nerves were beginning to show. She found it hard to remember a time when she hadnt needed him, wanted him, lived for him like she did now and seeing the pain on his face, pain that she believed was all her fault, was almost unbearable. That was why it had to work this time because she didnt know if she could go through it all again, she didnt know if he could go through it again.
The doctor sat down his face once again giving away no hints as to the news he was about to bestow on the couple.

Doctor: Well we have the test results back and I have some good new and some bad news.
Sharon: Give us the bad first its always easier that way.
Doctor: Ok. The bad news is that your body isnt responding to the treatment. What I mean is that you are not receptive to this fertility method and will not concieve by it.

Sharon looked at the floor. It had failed again. She chanced a glance at dennis his eyes were fixed and non responsive as though he was wallowing in his grief

Doctor: The good news is that you're pregnant Mrs Rickman

Sharon looked up, startled and dennis turned his head so sharply he nearly gave himself whiplash.

Dennis: But wait a minute you said the treatment wasnt working for us.
Sharon: Yeah so how can I be pregnant?
Doctor: Its not due to the treatment that you managed to concieve. By some miracle, this happened naturally.
Dennis: What all this time and there was nothing wrong
Doctor: Oh no you missunderstand. Your wife is still in the high risk area and there is a great possibility of misscarriage but like I said for some unknown reason you have been able to concieve by natural methods.
Sharon looked at dennis in shock.

Sharon: I dont believe this. I'm pregnant we're going to have a baby, we're gonna be parents.
Dennis: I know and for it to happen naturally...its like fate.
Doctor: In my native homeland of isreal we would say that it was beschert, meant to be.

Sharon and dennis smiled. It was true

Next part: Sharon and Dennis look foreward to parenthood

melonb
13-07-2005, 19:53
yay!!! she pregnant!!!! :wub: :cheer: :wub: :cheer:

Harmanizing
14-07-2005, 19:49
I really love this story. Can't wait for the next part.

squillyfer
14-07-2005, 22:50
I cant help but get excited cos I know what happens in the next few parts. Thanks for all your great replies here is the next part.

Part 23

Bliss. That was the only word sharon and dennis could use to describe what they were going through. Everyone had been overjoyed for them when they had told the news and after a brief scare in the fourth month everything was ok and the couple were now on track for the birth.
Sharon was nearly seven months pregnant and dennis thought he had never seen a more beautiful sight than her. She was radient and glowing and all the other things prgnant women are but most importantly she was his wife, she was carrying his baby and she was happy. Dennis could think of very few times when he had honestly seen her truly happy but the moment their child had kicked for the first time was definatly one of them.
It was a quiet night in the vic. It was after hours and dennis and sharon were alone, chrissie having gone out for a celebratory drink with jake to christen his homecoming.

Sharon: Dennis?
Dennis: Yeah what is it is it the baby whats wrong?
Sharon: (giggles) stop panicking I'm fine I just thought we could talk about names.
Dennis: Oh ok then what did you have in mind?
Sharon: Well Angela's nice or mabye Pheobe
Dennis: Hey who said this babys gonna be a girl!
Sharon: Ok wonder boy what names do you like?

Dennis stood up and grabbed the baby names book of the mantle piece, flicking through it until he found what he was looking for and sat back down.

Dennis: I have a good idea. If it was a boy how about dennis junior.
Sharon: Your joking right.
Dennis: It was just a suggestion. Or how about Sarah for a girl it says here it means princess.
Sharon: Seriously dennis there is no chance of our kid getting either of those names if I have anything to do with it.
Dennis: Yeah but it does seem a shame to break tradidition like that I mean den was called Dennis...
Sharon: well obviously duh
Dennis: shut up you ...and his dad was called dennis
Sharon: Well mabye we could think of a similar name.
Dennis: What like David ?
Sharon: Yeah or Daniel
Dennis: Daniel, I like it.
Sharon: I do too I'm just not sure daniel is good for a first name. I mean Daniel Rickman, it just sounds....
Dennis: Naff is the word your looking for and your right it isnt a good first name, not with rickman anyway. So we're back to square one.
Sharon: No we're no we have a middle name and as for the first name, well, I always liked Jacob.
Dennis: Well its not a bad name. Jacob Daniel Rickman. Yeah that sound good Ok thats the boy names done with now what about the girl. I always liked Rachel.
Sharon: With Rickman?
Dennis: Ok how about Alexandria?
Sharon: Too long
Dennis: Fi?
Sharon: Too short
Dennis: Jade?
Sharon: Too common
Dennis: Honola?
Sharon: Too rare
Dennis: Ila?
Sharon: Too old
Dennis: Summer?
Sharon: Too new
Dennis: Britney?
Sharon: Too girly
Dennis: Max?
Sharon: Too...wha?

Dennis laughed.

Dennis: How about we forget about this for tonight. I'm sure the perfect name will come to us in time, after all we've got ages yet.
Sharon: Yeah your right come on lets go to bed

The pair headed for the door

Dennis: And anyway it might be a boy

Sharon laughed and prodded him playfully before kissing him tenderly on the lips. Yes. This was bliss. :wub:

Next part: What goes wrong?

melonb
15-07-2005, 18:45
awww so sweet!!! :wub:
more soon please!! :cheer:

squillyfer
15-07-2005, 20:47
:crying: "sniff" it gets sad soon but you'll have to wait and see what happens. Thanks again for the replies I will post the next part as soon as I can, if you like this part that is.

Part 24

Sharon smiled, she really loved being pregnant. She was in the laundrette and half of walford ws cooing over her.

Pauline: Look at you havent you got big, how far gone are you?
Sharon: Seven months but I feel like a whale even the nurse said it must be a big baby but she couldnt get a clear picture of it to see.
Lil Mo: Oh I remember when I had our freddie, I felt like a blimp.
Pat: I bet dennis is as pleased as punch aint he.
Sharon: We both are
Dot: Yeah its just what you both always wanted and you look radient sharon.
Sharon: Thanks...I think
Kat: You know two years ago it was hard to imagine dennis ever being a dad let alone you being the mum.
Sharon: Yeah I know what you mean we're not exactly convevtional parents but I think dennis will be a great dad.
Pauline: Better than you're dad.
Sharon: Yeah well I'm trying to forget about him
Pauline: It's a shame vicki wont be here for the birth
Sharon: Yeah but she's squimish so mabye its for the best. I mean after all...ooh
Dot: Oh I say are you alright sharon?
Sharon: Erm I... err...oooh I feel a bit...

Sharon fainted to on the floor.

Pauline: Quick someone call an ambulance
Lil mo: I will
Pat: I'll go find dennis and someone should probably tell chrissie too just incase
Kat: I'll go

Pauline knelt on the floor beside sharon

Pauline: Come on love you're so close keep fighting

Ten minutes later the ambulance arrived and sharon was wisked away.

Pat: I cant find dennisPauline: Well keep looking he cant have gone far

Dennis was in town buying a present for when the baby was born and by the time he heard of the news sharon had been in hospital an hour.
When he got there he ran as fast as his legs would carry him down to maternity, only to be told that she had been taken for an emergency cesarean and that he would have to wait for the doctor until he could be told anything. Dennis paced the operating theatre for the longest forty five minutes of his life before a doctor came out with a grave look on his face.

Dennis: Whats going on? Can I see her? Hows the baby?
Doctor: Are you the father?
Dennis: Yes she's my wife
Doctor: I'm afraid I have to inform you that there were complications
Dennis: What do you mean complications what happened?
Doctor: The lining of your wifes womb ruptured causing your babies to become distressed.
Dennis: What does that...wait a minute, babies, ther's more than one
Doctors: Yes that was one of the complications. It seems your wife was carrying twins but this was not detected on the scan as they were hiding behind each other.
Dennis: Well are they Ok what about Sharon?
Doctor: I am afraid to say that your wife is still in a critical condition and is still unconscious.
Dennis: Well is she OK?
Doctor: We hope that she will wake within the next few days
Dennis: And the babies?
Doctor: You have a son and a daughter. Your daughter, although severly premeture is responding well to treatment and the outlook is good. Your son however is the weaker of the two and unfortunatly I must tell you to prepare for the worst.
Dennis: How long?
Doctor: A day, two at best.
Dennis: Thankyou

With that the doctor left and dennis began to sob. Just two hours ago he had everything he had ever wanted and now his life was falling apart. When his teras subsided he visited the neonatal unit. He peered through two glass cabinets at his sleeping children. they were surrounded by wires and tubes. He looked first at his daughter.A tiny band was around her wrist it was pink and read: Baby Rickman- Female. Her eyes were open and he could see they were hazel like her mothers. A tuft of blond hair sat atop her head. She looked like her mother. A surviver. Next he suveyed his son. His wristband was blue and read: Baby Rickman-Male. His eyes were closed and every breath seemed like a struggle for him, his tiny chest rising and falling with the help of a ventilator. they were both beautiful, both so tiny. He hoped and prayed for their survival and later when chrissie came he couldnt help but cry on her shoulder. Over night his sons condition deteriorated.Dennis stared at his frail body and begged

Dennis: Please live, please at least till morning let your mommy see you. Please son just let her see you.

The next morning sharon woke and an hour later, after she had held him only once, the Rickmans son died in her arms.

:crying: :crying: :crying:

Next part: Will their daughter live and how will sharon react to the death of her son

squillyfer
15-07-2005, 20:51
will do more after 10

melonb
16-07-2005, 16:49
:crying: awww thats so sad!! he dies!! :crying:

squillyfer
17-07-2005, 18:28
The last part was sad. Sorry meant to post more on friday but fell asleep. Thanks for all your replies there are about 5-6 more parts then I will concentrate on my other scripts like "And then it hit me" and I have a one parter in the pipeline about the effects of dens death on his family called "without you". Oh and then of course there the sequal to this. LOL. Well here we go.

part 25

It had been nearly a week since their son had died and sharon was like a differet person. She had seen her daughter just a few times and each of those times she had refused to hold her. She couldnt. In sharons head her baby had just died how could she be expected to love another as though her son had never existed. In her eyes dennis didnt understand, he was cold and hard and continued living, something which her heart refused to do. He acted as though his son meant nothing. He spent half the waking day by his daughters side and hastily arranged his sons funeral as though everything was fine.

In reality Dennis was barely holding on. He was shaken and he had nothing and no one to comfort him. He had lost his son, his daughters life was still hanging in the balance and his wife had shut down, lost the will to live, lost the ability to love the baby she had wanted for so long and dennis couldnt bare it.

It had been him who had had to tell everyone the good news about sharon having twins then in the same breath tell them that his son had died and his daughter was touch and go. It was him that had organised the funeral and it was him that was trying to get through to sharon, trying to love her. She thought she was all alone in this and distanced herself from the world around her but what she couldnt see was that dennis needed her now more than ever.
It was raining out side but dennis could see through the window that sharon had no awareness of her surroundings. She was layed in bed, still under observation when he walked in to visit her.

Dennis: Hi angel how are you today
Sharon: Ok, a little tired
Dennis: Oh well I'll come back later then

Dennis turned to leave

Sharon: NO dont go stay please stay!
Dennis: Ok whatever you want I'm not going anywhere

Dennis sat on the bed stroking her hair and cradling her in his arms. They stayed like this for a good fifteen minutes before dennis felt sharons body shake and she began to sob.

Sharon: Im sorry...im sorry
Dennis: Hey its ok shhhhhhhh whats wrong?
Sharon: He was so beautiful, so perfect he looked like you how can I forget him I want to forget him
Dennis: Shhhhhhhhhhhh no you dont
Sharon: But it would be so much easier if I could forget. I could forget how he felt in my arms, how his breath felt on my cheek. I could forget his pale lips and his soft hair. I could forget that he ever lived. I could forget that he died.
Dennis: I know, I know its hard but we have to keep fighting keep hoping that everything is going to be ok. You have a wonderful daughter who is evey bit as perfect as her brother and you havent even held her, she needs you she needs her mum and I think part of you needs her.
Sharon: i want to love her I really do I just dont know if I can
Dennis: Of course you can she's gorgeous just come look at her you'll see

Dennis lead a tearful sharon to the neonatal unit were their daughter, who for the moment was named baby rickman, was being cared for. Sharon stared at her tiny figure and pressed her fingers to the glass incubator and in that moment when she too prayed for her daughters life she knew that loving her was never going to be a problem.

Next part: Its the funeral of their son, Jacob Daniel Rickman, but will their daughter be ok?

melonb
17-07-2005, 18:54
awww soo sad!!! :crying:
fabby more soon please! :cheer:

squillyfer
17-07-2005, 22:35
will post more tomorrow if i have more replies

squillyfer
18-07-2005, 20:15
Thanks for the replies and views. Although this is nearing the end i cant see it winding down so keep reading well here it is

Part 26

For sharon and dennis it was the hardest day of their lives. The funeral of their son. They had named him Jacon Daniel Rickman.
Sharon had been allowed home early especially for the funeral and at her insistance that she was fine. Their daughter however who still remained nameless was still in a critical condition in hospital and each day was a struggle to see what would win. Life or death.
As the church filled silence descended on the congregation. They all knew how much this baby had meant to sharon and dennis. And a boy too something they knew dennis had always wanted. The doors opened and sharon walked in dressed head to toe in black. Tears leaked fron the corners of her eyes but she wiped them away and carried on walking until she reached her seat at the front and sat down. Next came dennis. He too was dressed tastefully in black the only difference between his and sharons appearance was that dennis happened to be carrying his sons coffin on his shoulder.
Looking at the tiny white coffin sharon struggled to believe her son was inside there. The son who until two weeks ago was alive inside her. Dennis placed the coffin down at the front of the church and sat down next to sharon. Throughout the service they clung to each other, being one anothers only comfort. When it was time to go outside for the burial sharon wa relieved to feel the cold breeze on her face. She had done it. She had made it through without completely breaking down but just before her sons coffin was lowered into his grave dennis' phone rang and it wasnt good news.

Dennis: That was the hospital, we have to go she's taken a turn for the worse
Sharon: We cant leave now. For god sake dennis its our sons funeral. He died remember and I for one need to say goodbye.
Dennis: Yes he died and we will never be able to forget that, a part of us will always be missing but we have a daughter who is still clinging to life and she needs us theres nothing more you can do here sharon. You need to help her now

Sharon stared at her sons coffin before realising that dennis was right. Her daughter was still alive and if sharon had anything to do with it it was going to stay that way.

Sharon: Ok youre right lets go

The pair then left the funeral, to the shock of all its attendants, and rushed to the hospital, running towards the childrens unit.

Sharon: What if we're too late?
Dennis: We wont be dont worry
Sharon: i cant lose her too dennis I just cant
Dennis: I know i know

Then they saw the doctor and to their dismay he was wearing that same grim expression as he had when their son died

Next part: What has happened to their daughter?

squillyfer
19-07-2005, 22:35
here it is. There are only a few more parts left then its straight to work on "Keeping it in the family" as I'm under strict orders from stapler lol.

Part 27

The waiting was unbearable. Their daughter had been rushed for emergency surgery on her heart and they had been waiting for just gone three hours. No one had told them anything. Just that their daughter was ill and they should wait there. They weren't touching, they couldnt bare too. In the state they were both in they were in no state to comfort anyone let alone each other.
Sharons thoughts were of her son. They had just left his funeral. How is that fair, she found herself thinking, how is it fair to leave your sons funeral to come to your daughters deathbed. Dennis wasnt capable of thinking at the moment. He had been staring at a blank spot on the wall for the last hour. His mind was focussed stubbornly on fantasies, the places he would take her, the things he could teach her. These were all easier to think of than the truth, that his daughter might die and he would never be able to do any of those things he had planned.
The doctor came out, that same odd expression on his face. Sharon and Dennis held their breath.

Doctor: She's going to be ok

Sharon collapsed into dennis arms

Sharon: She's gonna be ok thank goodness for that
Dennis: I dont know how we can thank you this means so much to us
Doctor: No trouble I was just doing my job
Dennis: So she's going to be ok now?
Doctor: Well she'll need to stay in for monitering and she's not out of the woods yet but in my opinion the operation was a complete success
Sharon: What about long term affects?
Doctor: Well we'll know more as time goes on I'm afraid its just a case of wait and see but i dont see any reason why she shouldnt lead a completely normal life. Well I have to be going now, lots of patients to see
Dennis: Yes of course and thanks again

The doctor headed down the corridor and sharon and dennis hugged. All the worries of the past few weeks were let out as glorious relief.

Dennis: see I told you she'd be ok
Sharon: Yeah you were right as usual
Dennis: She's strong like her mum thats why
Sharon: Its strange isnt it thinking that we're parents, a mum and dad. Its odd to think that theres a tiny life in there thats totally dependent on us
Dennis: Well you know what?
Sharon: What?
Dennis: I thinks we'll do a great job

He leant forward and kissed her tenderly for what seemed like the first time in forever.

Dennis: And besides you get enough practice looking after babies, you live with me

Sharon laughed and dennis decided it was one of the best sounds in the world.

Sharon: You know what that means dont you?
Dennis: No, what?
Sharon: Our daughter needs a name
Dennis: You know I still like max
Dennis placed his arm around her and the two of them let the effects of recent events wash over them. It was going to be ok. She was going to be ok.

Next part: Their daughter is getting better and sharon says a proper goodbye to Jacob

stapler
21-07-2005, 17:59
More asap please.

squillyfer
21-07-2005, 20:28
Hell its me again thanks for the replies. I have decided this will be a trilogy. Keeping it in the family will be the second part but i have already written some of the third it even already has a title lol. Well back to this script :) here it is.

Part 28

Two weeks later and sharon and dennis' nameless daughter was out of intensive care and today sharon was going to hold her properly for the first time. Since her operation she had gone from strength to strength and there was even the posibility of her coming home soon.
'Home' by the way was no longer the vic. Although they loved living there and chrissie was only to glad for them to stay they decided that for the time being it simply was a practical place to bring up a small baby. Instead they were living back at No.5 after johnnys sudden departure. It had felt odd to start with being back in the house that their dad had originally bought but after a while and a fresh coat of paint on the walls it started to feel like their own.
Thats why on this particular day sharon was later than usual to the hospital, she had been painting the nursery. Sharon and dennis had finally settled on a neutral yellow colour with a tasteful peter rabbit theme. At least thats one thing they did agree on. They still could not agree on a name for their daughter and in the end sharon had refused to give her any name until she was safe and sound at home and snuggly wrapped in sharons arms. She thought giving her daughter a name now would jinx things after all they had chosen a name for their son and that hadnt ended well.
The day after her daughters operation/her sons funeral sharon had returned to his grave and said a final goodbye. She went alone, believing that for once this had to be just for her and her alone. She layed a single white rose on the tiny grave and next to it, a little blue teddy bear. She stared at the inscription on the gravestone it read:

Here lies Jacob Daniel Rickman
who fell asleep aged 1 day
on the 29th september 2005
gone but not forgotten you
are with us always

Sharon: You were all I wanted (she had whispered) but you're with the angels now. Sleep well my little one.

She kissed her hand and pressed it gently to the white marble headstone. He was gone. But he was safe now and he felt no pain. What more could a mother want.

After that day things started to pick up for the couple and now as the nurse tentivly placed her daughter in her arms sharon knew things would be ok. As she stroked the babys face deep inside sharon something stired, awoke, and for the first time in year sharon dared to believe that things would be ok now.

Next part :Their daughter is allowed home

melonb
21-07-2005, 21:28
awww poor sharon n dennis!!! :crying: but its gonna get better!! :wub:
more soon please!!! :thumbsup:

squillyfer
22-07-2005, 15:15
Nearly finished :crying: but also nearly time for the sequel :cheer: I think there will be just one more part of this but I like the ending I have written and hopefully you will too. All feedback welcome. Here it is

Part 29

Everything was alright again, just like sharon had predicted. Today they were taking their little girl home and they were finally going to be a family. As she added the final touches to her daughters nursery sharon reflected on everything that had happened in the last two years, her and dennis seperating at christmas then finding him again in America, thinking her dad was going to ruin her life and now finally being free of him, looking at a future childless then being blessed with twins, both of her children nearly dying then her daughter pulling through against the odds. With a sudden jolt of realisation sharon realised that she had been wrong all these years, her faith had not abandoned her, it had been there all along she had just been blind to see it for what it was. Yes her life had been full of tragedies and hardships but she was still here she was still standing and bringing the baby home was a landmark occasion to remember all that had gone right in her life.
She had been adopted by two people that loved her, yes they werent perfect but she could never claim that they didnt love her they had chosed her how could they not want her, she had found dennis, yet again it wasnt in the most perfect of circumstances but they were perfect for each other and here they were married with a child and then there was her daughter, the most perfect thing in her life. Her daughter was completely innocent to the horrors and hardships of the world, she was pure, untainted and although sharon knew she could never completely shield her from the frailties of the human race she wa going to try her hardest to make sure her daughter was brought up to believe that she should never stop hoping because all good things come to those who wait.
Sharon and dennis held hands in the taxi all the way to the hospital. Touching, caressing, knowing that the other was who they were meant to be with, their soul-mate. Last night they had been intimate for the first time in months giving birth to a different kind of passion that now welled up inside them both. They knew that they would be together forever and that they would grow old and die together but more importantly they knew that they would love eachother forever. After all they had been through how could they not?
Dennis gently placed his first child into her carrycot whilst glowing with pride. She ws so beautiful, just like her mother, but although he knew he would die for his daughter he knew that he would always love sharon more. After all he lived for her and his daughter had been made out of their love. To dennis sharon was perfection. Not that she was perfect that was what was so...well perfect about her. She was herself and as much as she tried to hide the real her dennis always manage to coax it out of her and bring it into the limelight, shining like a star for everyone to see. He would always love sharon more, she was almost like a part of him now, to lose her would be like having his soul ripped from him but, he decided, his daughter was a close second.
All the way home the two od them couldnt believe this was finally happening they were goign home to be a family. It almost felt like the closing chapter on a story that started almost 11 years ago when sharon had first met at that bar in Florida but sharon and dennis both knew that this wasnt the end it was mearly the beginning and as they sat there staring into the big hazel eyes of their daughter they thought of all they had been through together and how they had stuck together no matter what they faced. Their daughter was a symbol of their unity. A symbol that represented the very thing they had been fighting for. And so, in the end, they simply called her...

Final Part: :crying: :crying: :crying: How will it all end and what will they call their daughter?

hayzie
22-07-2005, 15:32
WOW! i have just caught up and read all of this, fantastic, absolutley brilliant well done! it was so sweet! what do they call her? unity? unique? i know! Faith! lol

squillyfer
22-07-2005, 15:43
It seems my master plan has failed so I think its time to reveal her name. Thanks to everyone who replied (melonb, nigellover,di marco,harmanizing, stapler, hayzie and charmed) you've all been great and I cant believe this is the last part. I've never actually finished a script before LOL. I will follow up with the sequel as soon as I can but in the meantime keep your eyes on "And then it hit me". Well here it is the last part :crying: Oh and P.S sorry its short but it just ties it all up nice.

Part 30

One wonderful year later Pauline was sat in her kitchen and happened to glance at the paper and there in the birthday section was a small notice that brought a warm smile to her face.

Happy first birthday to our gorgeous daughter
Faith Angela Rickman,
sister to sadly deceased Jacob Daniel Rickman
who passed away aged 2 days old,
gone but not forgotten, we love you both...forever.
Lots of love mummy and daddy.

Pauline smiled again. They finally had the family they had always dreamed of and Sharon, once again, had her faith.

squillyfer
22-07-2005, 16:12
I just realised that I probably cant do "Keeping it in the family" until september cos I am going on holiday but will try to do it sooner and may do a few one parters before it. Oh and the third part in the "Keeping" trilogy will be called "keepsakes" and will come after "keeping it in the family"

Nigellover
22-07-2005, 17:34
:cheer: :clap: :cheer: :clap: :thumbsup: :bow: what a fab end to a fab script!!Well done squillyfer you've done a great job! have a great holiday - can't wait for the sequel! :)

squillyfer
23-07-2005, 22:34
I have now started "keeping it in the family" the second instalment in the 'keeping' trilogy

stapler
23-07-2005, 22:36
Just caught up dude, awww class - hopefully the operative word in that sentence there was "trilogy", yeah? Lol. Write the first part of the second one asap please. Can't wait.

squillyfer
23-07-2005, 22:38
have done its on the post below. The third story will be called "Keepsakes" if i ever get round to it LOL

stapler
23-07-2005, 22:41
Lol, qq checking it out now. Just relying on emails at the mo to tell me what's been posted in reply to whatever thread I'm on, don't know why I assumed you'd post the second story here...

squillyfer
23-07-2005, 22:42
Lol. Confussion. It happens to the best of us hope you like the sequel

stapler
23-07-2005, 22:49
Oh, aye! :D

squillyfer
23-07-2005, 23:05
still cant believe this is over it took six weeks to write but it doesnt seem like that long

stapler
23-07-2005, 23:07
I wrote a trilogy once on the old boards, the BBC one and it took abolute months to write. Only took a wee while to post all the parts though. Weird, isn't it?

squillyfer
23-07-2005, 23:09
Yeah according to this I started it on the 14th of june which sounds like ages ago when you think its the 23rd of july but I remember starting it

stapler
23-07-2005, 23:11
Lol, just realised we're having two conversations about the same thing on seperate threads... told you it was less confusing if you posted everything under here! Hehe. Everytime I post something I get an email calling me to the other thread lol.

squillyfer
23-07-2005, 23:13
sorry Lets keep it to the other one as this story is finished its late and now Im getting confused lol

stapler
23-07-2005, 23:16
Okay, we'll keep to the other one, I already suggested we keep to one thread on the other one causing even more confusion lol. It's all your fault of course. Ha!

hayzie
23-07-2005, 23:39
that was an absolutely perfect way to end that script! Faith Angela Rickman what a cute name, awww! and you used the word forever, their word! lol that was a brill script!

squillyfer
23-07-2005, 23:41
Thanks hayzie I've started the sequel. Me and Stapler are currently arguing on who i should kill in it read it and tell me what you think

hayzie
23-07-2005, 23:55
hi i've just read the beginning its good so far! just dont kill anyone important please!

Jessie Wallace
27-07-2005, 01:31
Well done

squillyfer
12-10-2005, 19:02
The third part of this script will be posted soon it is set after Keeping it in the family and is called Keepsakes

the_watts_rule
17-01-2006, 09:45
I really liked that script!

squillyfer
17-01-2006, 18:00
thanks

di marco
21-01-2006, 12:10
thats was really good, finally finished reading it after all those months! :D it was great, now off to read the next one :)