PDA

View Full Version : 'H&A' too "raunchy" for NZ television

Perdita
21-09-2010, 13:28
An episode of Home and Away has been deemed too "raunchy" for New Zealand television.

The Broadcasting Standards Authority upheld a complaint that a scene between characters Liam and Martha, which showed them kissing passionately before she removed her bathrobe and showed her bra, was too "sexually charged" for its TV rating.

According to NewsCore, the scene went "well beyond what should be included in a G-rated programme".

The report also said that the episode "did not consider interests of child viewers" and "did not observe standards of good taste and decency".

Although no penalty was given to the show, it is the first time that a complaint about sexual content on the show has been upheld.

Dazzle
21-09-2010, 14:26
I remember that scene - it was quite racy for a tea-time show, but I'm not averse to seeing Liam get raunchy :D

Abigail
21-09-2010, 23:41
I can't remember that scene but regarding child viewers - they're going to find out what sex is sooner or later and its better if they get some input from parents as a result of seeing this on tv.

Perdita
13-10-2010, 18:34
ome and Away legend Ray Meagher has dismissed the row surrounding an episode of the soap that was deemed "too raunchy" for New Zealand television.

Last month, the Summer Bay show was rapped by the country's Broadcasting Standards Authority, which upheld a complaint made about a sexy scene featuring Martha MacKenzie (Jodi Gordon) and Liam Murphy (Axle Whitehead).

The moment in question saw the pair kissing passionately, before Martha removed her bathrobe and showed her bra.

However, responding to the controversy, Meagher insisted that he cannot understand what all the fuss was about.

The 66-year-old - who plays Alf Stewart - told Holy Soap: "From how the scene is described, it sounds fairly tame, and I'd far prefer to see something like that than where we were 18 months ago with guns and violence."

He continued: "I have been a really strong advocate of saying we're always going to have teenage angst, it's one of the basic tenets of the show, but we should get back to where there's a chuckle every now and again and not all these bloody guns and all that stuff.

"There should be a good laugh in each 15 minutes. If we can get back to that, you can build stuff around it, but make that part of the mantra. I think we're getting closer to that now. I think it's changed over the last six months."

Meagher is currently taking a break from Home and Away to star in West End show Priscilla, Queen of the Desert.

webspider
23-01-2012, 11:07
hello friends,
Home and Away was by no means ever "good", but lately its really taken a turn for the worse.

We're subjected to it in Singapore on the Australia Network at 7.30 every night FFS. Surely there's something else they could put on, 7pm Project, Masterchef, anything but frickin Home & Away every night?

So this is what we're beaming about into about two Asian billion people, five nights a week: a bunch of yobbo surfer dudes and brainless blonde bimbos, a guy called Al and that annoying old woman that sounds like fingernails down a chalkboard every time she opens her mouth (which is more often than not). Along with a crap storyline involving a murder, a kidnapping or some other major disaster almost daily. If I were watching this garbage, I'd be avoiding Australia like the plague.
thanks