PDA

View Full Version : Big Jim McDonald returns so he does

i_love_matt!
02-04-2005, 15:29
jim is back next month!

eastenders mad
02-04-2005, 16:20
really is he finally getting let out of prison or is he doing one of his escapes again.
Where did u get the source from???

Meh
02-04-2005, 16:21
source please?

Jade
02-04-2005, 16:23
It was in the Sun during the week

eastenders mad
02-04-2005, 16:59
oh right

Ella.
02-04-2005, 19:04
Is he back just for a few episodes?

i_love_matt!
02-04-2005, 19:33
got it from the inside soap mag. i dont think he is actually free or anything i think he's still in prison

Debs
02-04-2005, 20:29
yeah i saw it in inside soap if i remember right you seehim in prison still!

Trinity
03-04-2005, 09:24
Shame, it would have been nice to see him up against Charlie, especially after the comments Charlie made to Liz about women whose men are in prison being desperate!

Baby-Blue-Eyes
24-04-2005, 21:35
hiya im a virgin poster lol only in the sense that i've never done this b4! Jim is seen inside as liz visits him in jail for them 2 make a "life changing desicion"

brenda1971
25-04-2005, 10:20
Does this mean that jim will be back for good

dddMac1
25-04-2005, 13:55
i had a feeling Jim would be back they should bring him back for good

Keating's babe
25-04-2005, 15:24
I always thought it was silly of them to axe Jim anyway. I think he is a good character and they definitely should bring him back.

Lisa321
25-04-2005, 16:22
I never liked him, I thought Liz deserved better. But I wanna see a fight between charlie and Jim :-)
Is Jim in a wheelchair? Because I remember a little about him. Im not sure. anyone?

xXx

kirsty_g
25-04-2005, 17:26
kool i liked him

~Sooz~
25-04-2005, 21:44
I never thought of that before - him coming back and perhaps Charlie meeting his match. I was always a bit indifferent to him, I'm not really a Liz or Jim McDonald fan but might be interesting to see if that comes up!

Baby-Blue-Eyes
02-05-2005, 16:33
i think it wood b gd if he came back full time....it's not planned just now....it's been reported now that during his comeback next month jim tells liz 2 go and find sum1 else....and in the summer she does exactly that!

alan45
18-09-2010, 01:47
CORRIE'S Jim McDonald is to be hospitalised after being battered by a love rival.
Trouble starts when Jim sees ex-wife Liz with new man Owen Armstrong.

The Ulsterman, famed for his catchphrase "so it is", starts making mischief for the pair - but it backfires as pals of control-freak builder Owen leave him bloodied and bruised.

Our source said: "The scenes will be savage. Jim will need hospital treatment - not just the usual bag of peas."

Owen, played by Ian Puleston-Davies, starts dating landlady Liz after Eileen Grimshaw (Sue Cleaver) discovers he's just using her to do his paperwork and dumps him. When Jim (Charles Lawson) returns, he takes an instant dislike to Owen and is jealous of the chemistry he has with Liz (Bev Callard).

A source said: "Jim and Liz might be divorced but it's clear there is a spark between them which will never go out.

"Even though she loves Jim back, Liz has accepted they'll never make each other happy. Jim is jealous and creates problems between them.

"These tactics might have worked with her ex-husband Vernon Tomlin, but they won't work with Owen and he gets his builder mates to duff him up. He's left in a really bad way."

Jim was last seen punching love rival Vernon in 2008 on the day he was due to marry Liz. He was ordered out of Weatherfield by son Steve.

Chloe O'brien
20-09-2010, 00:18
Steve will kill Owen when he finds out what him and his mates have done to Jim.

Perdita
20-09-2010, 05:48
Steve will have to fight Liz to get to Owen, I like to think that Liz has always loved Jim and always will and hopefully she sees Owen for the thug he is!!

Perdita
01-10-2010, 17:18
Beverley Callard and Charles Lawson have teased what Coronation Street viewers can expect to see between Liz and Jim McDonald.

In August, Lawson confirmed that he would reprise his role in the ITV soap later this year and feature in the 50th anniversary episodes.

Speaking to Digital Spy, he said: "[The romance has] been going on since 1989, so you'll have to keep watching."

Callard added: "It's never boring, that's for sure!"

When asked about Liz's relationship with Owen Armstrong, played by Ian Puleston-Davies, Callard admitted that the Rovers Return landlady can be "so stupid".

"Liz thinks he's great," she said. "But of course the viewers know different. They're just beginning to see another side of him. Liz is completely unaware of that. She's so stupid sometimes!"

Press reports have suggested that Owen could be behind an attack on Jim.

"Liz still loves Jim as well you see, that's the biggest thing," Callard added.

Lawson quipped: "She gets to deal with a man then."

Perdita
12-10-2010, 11:35
Coronation Street's Charles Lawson has admitted that he can get "fed up" of acting.

Lawson will reprise his role as Jim McDonald ahead of the ITV soap's 50th anniversary in December.

"I've been a professional actor for 31 years but I get really fed up of it," he told the Daily Record. "It's not the same job it used to be. Nobody seems to have fun anymore.

"I don't want to keep going to Casualty or Holby City anymore. I've done them about seven times already.

"I don't want to look in the mirror at 70 and think I've never had a crack at doing something different."

sean slater
12-10-2010, 21:12
Well Jim Mcdonald isnt exactly an angel is he. He was a wife beater. He was a good character at times, but don't know why he's coming back.

alan45
12-12-2010, 17:09
Coronation Street hardman Charlie Lawson last night launched into a blistering attack on the soap as it marked its 50th anniversary.

The Enniskillen-born wildman blasted the show that made him a fortune — seething: “The writers cut my character’s b**ls off.”

Charlie — famed for playing wife-beating ex-squaddie ‘Big’ Jim McDonald in Corrie — was back on the cobbles last week as it celebrated half a century on the box with a series of specials.

But the former Shakespearean actor — who sensationally quit acting full-time in the soap in 2000 — was left out of the storyline that saw a tram explosion devastate Weatherfield and kill key characters.

Instead, Big Jim — whose Ulster catchphrase ‘so it is’ is now part of telly history — was laid up in hospital after taking a beating from a love-rival.

parkerman
12-12-2010, 17:59
He was out of hospital before the crash...wasn't he?

alan45
12-12-2010, 18:01
Maybe he got the tram from Weatherfield General

parkerman
12-12-2010, 18:07
The one behind. That's why he didn't get to the street in time.

alan45
12-12-2010, 20:15
The one behind. That's why he didn't get to the street in time.

Wonder what will happen when he meets up with ''yer man'' Owen again. More fisticuffs followed by another trip to the Big House

alan45
01-02-2011, 19:04
For those of us missing Liz McDonald she'll be back on screen in Coronation Street on March 14th after visting son Andy in Spain. and, according to Inside Soap magazine, Steve and Becky will be heading to Spain to visit Andy too, leaving Lloyd in charge at the Rovers Return. But if Lloyd thinks running a pub's a doddle, he hasn't banked on warring barmaids Tracy Barlow and Tina McIntyre.

But even better news big Jim McDonald follows her and turns up on screen a week later, March 24.

The magazine says that Jim has a 'shocking suggestion' for Liz and I'm guessing it's not 'do you not think yer shud let yer hem line down a wee bit, Elizabeth?' Let's hope that Liz's leaving storyline for Corrie gets her back together with big Jim and the two of them can go off and live happily ever after, Ulster Fry style. Right after Jim's punched out Owen's lights.

tammyy2j
03-02-2011, 10:48
I wanna see Jim punch Owen's lights out

Chloe O'brien
03-02-2011, 11:35
Maybe Big Jim could stay in the street and be Eileen's night in shinning armour.

alan45
16-02-2011, 00:57
http://www.virginmedia.com/images/Coronation-Street-wk48-2010-Jim-Owen-Hospital-431x300-14.jpg

CORRIE'S Jim McDonald is coming back - in a bid to buy the Rovers.
He aims to give the pub to ex-wife Liz to win her heart again.

Jim - played by Charles Lawson, 51 - was last seen in the Street in December but is due to return later this year.

The Northern Irishman will make an offer to buy the Rovers from the current owners - his hard-up son Steve and daughter-in-law Becky.

Liz, played by Beverley Callard, 53, manages the Rovers for the couple.

An insider said: "Jim is intent on winning Liz back once and for all.
"He sees the pub as the way to her heart. Liz might be the manager but it is Steve's name above the door. Steve is desperate for cash and might take his dad's money."

Jim was a Street regular between 1989 and 2000 and has made brief returns since.

He came back last November for Jack Duckworth's funeral and sent flowers to Liz.

They were intercepted by her new boyfriend Owen Armstrong, who warned him off.

Jim was beaten up the next month.

He told Steve that Owen was behind the attack and said he feared for Liz.

Previous Rovers bosses include Fred Elliott, Jack and Vera Duckworth, Bet and Alec Gilroy and Jack and Annie Walker.

(c) The Sun

EXCELLENT NEWS. Lets hope he punishes Owen

Dazzle
16-02-2011, 15:58
I wonder how long Jim will be back for this time?

Chloe O'brien
16-02-2011, 16:36
A while I hope. Can't you just see him and Eileen in charge of the rovers.

Perdita
16-02-2011, 18:04
Hope he leaves with Liz, so I do

alan45
16-02-2011, 21:11
Hope he leaves with Liz, so I do

That would be the happy ending but I would love to see him stay on so I would

Perdita
23-02-2011, 05:36
CORRIE'S Jim McDonald is to hold up a building society in a crazed bid to win back his ex-wife Liz, TV Biz can reveal.
The desperate ex-con returns to the Street next month and hopes to get his old missus back by buying the Rovers off their son Steve.

But when all legitimate attempts to raise the funds fail the former squaddie - whose catchphrases include "So it is" - decides to stage an armed raid.

Jim, played by Charles Lawson, 51, goes into Weatherfield Building Society and tells the cashier: "I've got a gun. So if you know what's good for you, my friend, you'll fill that bag to the top with all your cash, so you will."

But things go wrong for the Ulsterman when the terrified worker presses the panic button to alert cops - and a have-a-go hero tries to bring him down in a violent tussle. In dramatic scenes to be aired at Easter, Jim makes a run for it - but finds he is blocked in by armed cops.

He holds staff and customers hostage and refuses to discuss their release until he can speak to Liz.

After police fetch the stunned landlady from the Rovers, her hapless ex, left, tells her over the phone: "I've let you down big time Elizabeth, so I have."

Jim, who left the Street in 2000 after 11 years but has featured part-time ever since, then reveals he wants to shoot himself.

As the cameras close in on his tortured face, we will be left wondering whether it really is the last time Jim sets foot on the Corrie cobbles.

So we will.

The Sun

Perdita
23-02-2011, 05:47
SKINT Steve and Becky McDonald will plot to sell the Rovers Return and flee Weatherfield with their kids.

The under-fire couple come up with the desperate plan as they face financial ruin and the chance of losing both their children.

Things have been grim for Becky (Katherine Kelly, 31) and Steve (Simon Gregson, 36) for weeks – they are on the brink of bankruptcy and Tracy Barlow (Kate Ford, 33) is hell-bent on making sure Steve doesn’t have custody of Amy.

To make matters worse, Becky’s evil sister Kylie, who sold her son Max to the couple before Christmas, decides she wants him back.

Faced with losing both their kids they decide to do a bunk.

Becky breaks down and tells Steve: “I miss Amy so much Steve.

“I can’t live round here any more seeing her growing up living with Tracy.”

They do a deal with Liz (Bev Callard, 53) to buy their stake in the pub so they can start a new life in Spain.

Daily Star

alan45
23-02-2011, 09:35
If the story about Big Jim is true I think it's a crap one and a piss poor way to get rid of him.

Chloe O'brien
23-02-2011, 09:59
Stupid story, why bring Jim back if they're going to lock him up in jail or have him take his own life. If he's coming back he should stay and take on the rovers.

owenlee4me
24-02-2011, 13:00
I really don't see the point of killing off Jim:(, he's been in and out of the street for years, and it's nice to see him pop in now and then to see Steve (and we all know Steve is going no where!!) so why kill him off?
If LIz wants to leave the street fine, but does JIm? why drag him to his death, he'a a canny fella so he is

And whilst i'm on, there is no way i would serve any man that give my dad a hiding, cannot understand Steve letting him even in the bar.
Oh Owen must think he's such a clever s**t and yes i think it is time Owen got what he deserves!

alan45
24-02-2011, 13:26
I really don't see the point of killing off Jim:(, he's been in and out of the street for years, and it's nice to see him pop in now and then to see Steve (and we all know Steve is going no where!!) so why kill him off?
If LIz wants to leave the street fine, but does JIm? why drag him to his death, he'a a canny fella so he is

And whilst i'm on, there is no way i would serve any man that give my dad a hiding, cannot understand Steve letting him even in the bar.
Oh Owen must think he's such a clever s**t and yes i think it is time Owen got what he deserves!

Well said. I think this propsed storyline is a load of nonsense. It would have been much better for Big Jim to get revenge on the slimy rat that is Owen. Why send him back to the Big House for what will doubtless be a long sentence. I really hoped that Jim would be back full time on Corrie

alan45
03-03-2011, 01:19
http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01263/SNF0302TVZZ--682_1263145a.jpg

SHOTGUN raider Jim McDonald is left staring down the barrel of a long jail term after his heist goes wrong.
The Corrie ex-con, played by Charles Lawson, tries to hold up a building society in scenes filmed yesterday.

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01263/SNF0304TVCC-682_1263100a.jpg

But cops arrive. And ex-wife Liz is in tears as she is called to help persuade him to surrender. The drama will air over Easter.

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01263/SNF0304TVXX---682_1263146a.jpg

(C) THe Sun

alan45
03-03-2011, 10:33
There are some excellent pictures of the Bank Siege on Flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fragglehunter/5492341146/in/set-72157626057021047/

tammyy2j
03-03-2011, 13:53
TROUBLED Jim McDonald sinks to a new low when he commits armed robbery.

As our sensational pictures show, the former jailbird struts into a building society office with a shotgun hidden in a shopping bag.

The ex-squaddie, played by Charles Lawson, 51, stages the raid in a desperate bid to raise enough cash to buy the Rovers Return from his son, Steve (Simon Gregson, 34) and ex-wife Liz (Beverley Callard, 52).

He tells the cashier: “I’ve got a gun. So if you know what’s good for you, you’ll fill that bag to the top with all your cash, so you will.”

But his plan hits the skids when a panic alarm is activated and armed cops surround the office.

Jim McDonald is forced into a deadly stand-off as Steve and Liz talk him into surrendering.

ajsoap
05-03-2011, 03:52
i watched this get filmed live in bolton on tuesday it was great to see!!

Perdita
15-03-2011, 19:00
Beverley Callard has revealed that romance is set to re-ignite between Liz and Jim McDonald in Coronation Street.

Beverley's character Liz has just made a surprise return to the Street and her ex-husband Jim, played by Charlie Lawson, is not far behind.

"Jim basically turns up when Liz needs him most - he's her knight in shining armour and they have the most amazing chemistry," Beverley told the Daily Mirror.

Liz and Jim have had many highs and lows since joining the soap in 1989 and have already divorced twice.

Beverley claimed: "We're the Liz Taylor and Richard Burton of the Street."

Off-screen things are just as enjoyable for the reunited cast members in the McDonald clan, including son Steve, played by Simon Gregson.

"Working with Charlie and Simon again was just like the old days," Beverley told the newspaper. "They had me in stitches most of the time. We'd be filming a really dramatic scene and they'd be making me laugh."

But Beverley, who plans to leave the soap in a few months for some time off, added: "Despite their chemistry, I'm not sure if Liz will ever make it work with Jim."

PA

alan45
15-03-2011, 21:12
So very sad and incredibly stupid that the prats at Corrie central have made it impossible fir Big Jim to ever return by their daft armed robbery storyline. Then again it's the same wunch of bankers that brought back Traceyluv with another daft and unbelievable CRAP storyline

alan45
21-03-2011, 14:07
Charles Lawson has confirmed that he would be willing to return to Coronation Street for more guest appearances beyond his latest stint on the soap.

The actor recently filmed another short comeback as Jim McDonald, who will be seen back on screen this week as he tries to help ex-wife Liz in her hour of need.

Jim's reappearance ties in with Liz's departure storyline as Beverley Callard has decided to bow out from the role to pursue new projects.

In an interview on Lorraine this morning, Lawson was asked whether it could be possible for Jim to appear on Corrie even after Liz has departed.

He replied: "Yeah, I think so. I'd love to come back, of course I would, in this day and age."

Recent tabloid reports have suggested that Jim will end up back in prison at the end of his latest stint after he bungles an attempt to stage an armed robbery.

Refusing to confirm storyline details, Lawson said: "He's back and it's been in the papers but honestly, I'm not meant to say anything, so I won't although it has been in the papers! He'll be in and you'll not be bored, but then he'll disappear for a little while."

If the spoilers are true then Big Jim gets locked up in the Big House for Armed Robbery so he does. As this is NOT Deadenders and he is not Kate Ford then it's unlikely that he will be back for some time.

Perdita
21-03-2011, 14:45
Does not stop him being shown in Corrie being visited by Steve and others though, does it? :D

alan45
21-03-2011, 15:33
Does not stop him being shown in Corrie being visited by Steve and others though, does it? :D

True but that wouldnt really be much of a storyline or reason for bringing him back. Personally I think the Armed Robbery storyline is as big a load of excrement as the return of Kate Plank

Siobhan
21-03-2011, 15:40
True but that wouldnt really be much of a storyline or reason for bringing him back. Personally I think the Armed Robbery storyline is as big a load of excrement as the return of Kate Plank

I never understand why they bring back characters, make them interesting and find some way to get rid of them for a long time..like Owen in EE.. I liked him more the 2nd time around and then Lucas killed him

alan45
21-03-2011, 16:49
At least Big Jim has a reason to return to The Street. Elizabeth is still there (for now) and his son is there as well as his grandaughter

alan45
28-03-2011, 21:26
Great to see Big Jim McDonald back on the cobbles with Elizabeth so it is.

What a pity that some asshole of a scriptwriter whilst obviously having one too many Sauvignon Blancs at lunchtime dreamt up the ridiculous armed robbery storyline.

Probably the same clown who wrote Traceyluvs return to the street

layla
29-03-2011, 16:21
Jim and Liz were under handed last night. I know Liz wants the pub back and Jim will do anything for her. But to stab your son in the back with the brewery. Is not very nice.

alan45
03-04-2011, 00:29
here are the first official pictures showing the desperate measures that Coronation Street's Jim McDonald will be driven to as he remains determined to drum up the cash to buy The Rovers.

After exhausting all legal avenues of securing the money and failing to convince Kevin to invest in the pub, Jim heads to the bank with a shotgun hidden in his coat.

After queuing up, Jim threatens the cashier and orders her to hand over a fortune in cash. However, it's not long until his attempt at an armed robbery goes horribly wrong and the police are on the scene.

Back on the street, Liz is eagerly awaiting the opportunity to take over at the business, while Steve and Becky are preparing to do a runner with the kids as soon as Jim hands over the money for the pub. How will the McDonalds react when they discover that Jim has let them all down?

Jim's shocking behaviour paves the way for Liz's exit as Beverley Callard bows out of the role for pastures new.

http://i2.cdnds.net/11/13/550w_sunday_soap_3apr_corrie_2.jpg

http://i2.cdnds.net/11/13/550w_sunday_soap_3apr_corrie_3.jpg

http://i2.cdnds.net/11/13/550w_sunday_soap_3apr_corrie_4.jpg

http://i2.cdnds.net/11/13/550w_sunday_soap_3apr_corrie_5.jpg

http://i2.cdnds.net/11/13/550w_sunday_soap_3apr_corrie_1.jpg

http://i2.cdnds.net/11/13/550w_corrie_7575_2.jpg

Perdita
11-04-2011, 06:03
GUN-TOTING Jim McDonald is attacked while trying to rob a bank.

The former squaddie launches the daring raid to try to raise the cash to help his ex-wife Liz buy the Rovers Return.

But he does not count on this have-a-go hero who batters him with a chair and tries to wrestle the gun away from him.

Charles Lawson, 51, who plays Jim, said: “He isn’t thinking about that or the consequences. Jim has never been a man who thinks about the consequences of his actions.

“He is hot-headed and a man of actions not words. It has got him into so much trouble before and this is no different but he doesn’t learn his lesson.”

Daily Star

Perdita
11-04-2011, 14:32
Coronation Street star Charles Lawson has discussed his character's shock armed robbery plotline, admitting that Jim McDonald is a "desperate man" when he tries to steal a fortune.

Tonight's double bill of the Weatherfield soap sees Jim resort to drastic measures as he holds up a bank in a bid to raise the cash he needs to buy the Rovers Return.

However, as the drama unfolds, things start to go wrong when the bank cashier secretly presses a panic button, alerting the police to Jim's crime.

Explaining his alter ego's behaviour, Lawson told Hot TV magazine: "I don't think for a moment he thought, 'Right, one way I could get the pub is to rob the bank'. He is just a desperate man and he can't face telling Liz that he hasn't got the cash to buy the pub for her.

"He isn't thinking about the consequences - Jim has never been a man who thinks about the consequences of his actions. He is hot-heated and a man of actions, not words. It has got him into so much trouble before and this is no different, but he doesn't learn his lesson."

The actor continued: "He isn't thinking straight and it doesn't go to plan, but you'll have to tune in to find out what happens."

Jim's storyline reaches a conclusion this week and also leads to the departure of Liz, as Beverley Callard has decided to bow out from the role.

Lawson added: "It's nice to be able to dip in and out. You never know, it may not be the last you see of Jim and Liz - they both have connections to the street so they could easily turn up again. I have always loved working with Beverley, but we keep in touch away from the show anyway."

DS

alan45
11-04-2011, 19:25
Lawson added: "It's nice to be able to dip in and out. You never know, it may not be the last you see of Jim and Liz - they both have connections to the street so they could easily turn up again. I have always loved working with Beverley, but we keep in touch away from the show anyway."

Only if we get another stupid storyline like Big Jims last escape from Her Majesty's Pleasure or another silly excuse like Traceyluv's. Then again Charlie Lawson is not as well in as Kate Plank so its highly unlikely.

Perdita
15-04-2011, 17:27
A Northern Irish man walks into bank with a flat cap, a shotgun and says this is a hold up, so it is...

Sounds like the beginning of one of 'those jokes'. Instead it was a line in Coronation Street after Jim McDonald, who is short of cash, decides to rob a building society.

So far so stereotypical, but is it a case of Northern Irish people being given an unfair portrayal or does everyone carry a gun and say "so it is" after every sentence?

I've lived here for over three years and can confirm they don't all carry guns, only say "so it is" some of the time, and have a brilliant sense of humour: so where's the problem?

In the soap, Jim's ex-wife Liz wants to buy the Rovers pub from their son Steve, lacking in funds Jim tries to help with disastrous consequences.

Armed police finally arrest him and he waves good bye to Elizabeth as he heads off to the big house (prison).

Despite being a popular character Jim has had a troubled background in the soap, the ex-army man has a violent past, a hatred of the police and a problem with drinking.

"Catch yourself on"
According to Wikipedia: "The character is noted for his violent nature and his passionate love for Liz McDonald."

Charlie Lawson, who has played Jim McDonald since the character first appeared on the soap in 1989, said it was never meant to be offensive, and the phrases are "a bit of craic".

"Anyone who doesn't see the funny side doesn't have a sense of humour," he said.

"I am very proud of the character and it isn't mocking Northern Ireland at all.

"When I started to play the part it was all written with a Mancunian accent so obviously it had to be changed.

Jim McDonald catch phrases

Alright big lad?
So it is/So I am/So you are
Catch yourself on
What about ya?
Let me tell you sonny-jim
I'm in the big house
Elizabeth!!
"Over the years I would add in a few bits, but now the scriptwriters know how he talks.

"At the start I was often asked did I think Jim painted a bad picture of people from Northern Ireland.

"Back in those days things were very different here and I remember saying 'I think there's a few of our politicians that have given the place more of a bad name than Jim does'."

Charlie, who has played the character on and off for nearly 12 years said he has a soft spot for the loveable rogue.

"He was desperate when he went in to that bank," he said.

"He had the chance to get back with Elizabeth, help her get the Rovers and help Steve, he did it for his family so I have a bit of sympathy for him."

James Claridge, 25, from Leamington Spa is usually a salesman, but after being swept up in the plight of Jim McDonald and his arrest he set up a campaign on facebook.

"I'm not necessarily Corrie's biggest fan but me and my mates have always done Jim's accent and his sayings since we were kids," he said.

On Tuesday he created the facebook page: Free Jim McDonald. He's Innocent, So he is. :cheer::thumbsup:

"I thought it would just be a bit of banter for me and my mates, it's grown to nearly 14,000 followers in 48 hours, it's just madness.

Liz McDonald is comforted by police as Jim is led away after the attempted robbery
"To be honest I think he's the last outlaw of good soap characters, he's got good sayings and he's a bit of a lad.

"I can see why people think it's a bad stereotype and I can't speak for all people in England, but I know people don't see him like that, I think he's probably one of the most liked characters in soap history."

"Jim McDonald is a legend, so he is, and I think that having so many followers in such a short time shows his popularity."

Tim McGarry is a member of the NI comedy group Hole In The Wall Gang, and played "Da", a fictional Sinn Fein spokesman, in the comedy series Give My Head Peace.

The north Belfast actor said: "Of course we still get stereotyped in Northern Ireland but it's only because of our accent."

"Let's face it, we can make a thank you sound like a death threat," he said.

Legend
"I think we should all get involved in freeing Jim McDonald, he only robbed the bank to try and get by.

"We should free him, send him to elocution lessons and get Jim a job on Downtown Abbey.

"In all seriousness, I don't find the phrases or the character offensive in the slightest."

When I spoke to Charlie Lawson I told him about the online campaign and he was genuinely surprised.

"I'm absolutely chuffed, I don't have a computer here so I'll get my wife to have a look," he said.

"The more people that get involved in his cause the better, so it is.

"We might even be able to get Jim some psychiatric help and get him out of the big house.

"Seriously, I'm very flattered and I'll raise a glass to the lot of them in the boozer tonight."

BBC News

alan45
15-04-2011, 17:39
Here's yer link so it is Big lad

http://www.facebook.com/FreeJimMcDonald

alan45
15-04-2011, 18:19
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGA_BcFSUt0&feature=related

Perdita
26-04-2011, 06:08
CORRIE star Charlie Lawson says he's happier living a farmer's life than acting - as there's less "bull****".
Charlie, who has played Jim "So It Is" McDonald on and off since 1989, reckons soap acting is no longer fun, and bosses treat actors like kids.

He now prefers working with partner Debbie Stanley, 45, in their farm shop in Prestbury, Cheshire.

Charlie, 51 - who shoots game for the store on 900 acres he co-owns in Scotland - said: "I wouldn't say farming's taken over our lives but it's become important to Debbie and we enjoy working together immensely.
"It gives me an opportunity to say no to things that I don't want to do. Because there's nothing worse after 35 years of doing things you don't want to bloody do.

"The acting business has changed a great deal since I started. Everyone who's in the business recognises that.

"There's very little time for any fun any more. It's all got a bit serious.

"It's frowned upon if you have a glass of wine.

"Don't get me wrong, I work my a*** off but I do like to relax and not be talked to as if I am a child.

"Farming is infinitely better. There's no bull******* with meat." Charlie's first stint on Corrie as Ulsterman Jim lasted 11 years - during which time his "So It Is" catchphrase became famous.

So it Liz ... Jim and missus
He has since returned for brief spells. Only two weeks ago viewers saw him get collared robbing a bank trying to raise money to help ex-wife Liz McDonald (Beverley Callard) buy the Rovers Return.
Charlie told of the gruelling schedules endured by actors like Simon Gregson - Charlie's on-screen son, Steve McDonald. He said: "Everybody works extremely hard on Corrie and I never cease to be amazed by the quality of the work, and I take my hat off to them.

"Simon Gregson, who I love dearly and is a very good friend of mine, some of the hours he puts in are quite extraordinary. No one out in the real world would dream of doing them - 75 or 80 hours a week. Week in, week out. They just wouldn't accept it.

"But really the writing is key. If the writing is good you don't mind doing the scenes. If it's c*** then you want to run a mile.

"Simon's very lucky and I was very lucky. I was in there permanently for 11 years, ten of which were absolutely brilliant.

"The last one was rubbish and you can't really complain about that. Statistically that's a pretty good run. Whenever I go back it's well-written for me. We're very lucky, the McDonalds."

Charlie admits he would not turn down another brief Corrie stint.

And he is flattered by a new Facebook group called "Free Jim McDonald. He's Innocent, So He Is" which has attracted 40,000 fans.

Charlie said: "I knew nothing about Facebook. Debbie stumbled across it.

"It's very flattering and fun. I've been in this business 35 years. I'm long in the tooth and wise enough to know that producers don't listen to people on Facebook so that's not in my way of thinking. But I'm sure they are aware of it.

"But I'm delighted with it. I've always been proud of the character, you know."
And Jim's upcoming stint behind bars does not mean he is out of the running for a return to Weatherfield, according to Charlie.

He said: "Let's not forget we are in Never Never Land and Tracy Barlow suddenly appeared after being found guilty of murder.

"Bobby Ewing could leap out of that shower, you never know."

Jim's ex Liz has recently left the Street, after actress Bev Callard, 54, quit, citing exhaustion at the filming schedule.

Charlie said: "I wish Beverley very well. But she's a bit of a homing pigeon so I wouldn't write her off. As they say, as long as you're not dead, you're all right."

The Sun

alan45
09-07-2011, 05:35
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbXsRGrX0E8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Big Jim Compilation

Perdita
12-04-2014, 05:08
Jim McDonald is returning to Coronation Street. :cheer::cheer::cheer:

The bad boy character, played by Charlie Lawson, will make a comeback later this year for an initial three-month period.
http://i2.cdnds.net/11/13/618x789/550w_corrie_7575_2.jpg
Jim robs the building society
© ITV
Jim robs the Building Society

Charlie had a fiery relationship with wife Liz McDonald (Beverley Callard) and was last seen in the ITV soap in 2011 when he was sentenced for seven years after attempting to rob a Building Society to give Liz enough money to buy the Rovers Return.

He now runs a farm shop in Prestbury with long-term partner Debbie Stanley and is expected to create tension for Liz upon his return to the cobbles.

McDonald was a regular in Corrie for 11 years between 1989 and 2000. He has made infrequent appearances since.

He will return to screens in July.

owenlee4me
12-04-2014, 11:49
:clap::clap::clap::clap:
Good stuff, JIm is always worth watching, so much better than some in the soap (are you listening Nick "Mr Frown FAce":angry:)

swmc66
12-04-2014, 15:43
Makes me laugh jim robbing the bank without any thought of a disguise. They keep bringing him back but what about Steve's other twin?They could always bring another actor to play his brother again.

Dazzle
12-04-2014, 16:04
...what about Steve's other twin?They could always bring another actor to play his brother again.

That's a good idea, it'd be great for Steve to have his both his father and twin back.

owenlee4me
12-04-2014, 16:36
Ah but Andy was grim and bit of a moron, he's no miss really, least Jim is Daft ha ha

swmc66
12-04-2014, 17:47
Maybe corrie producers can do the personality transplant they are so regular do these days

lizann
13-04-2014, 11:41
he is not still in jail?

Perdita
13-04-2014, 13:38
I think the scenes with him are filmed in jail ... guess Steve and Liz will go and visit him

Perdita
04-07-2014, 22:17
Coronation Street's Peter Barlow will come face-to-face with Jim McDonald when he is sent to prison this summer.

Life is about to get a whole lot worse for Peter as he is wrongly arrested and charged for the murder of his lover Tina McIntyre.
http://i2.cdnds.net/14/27/618x672/soaps-coronation-street-peter-barlow-prison.jpg
Peter Barlow in prison
© ITV
Peter Barlow in prison

Viewers know that Rob Donovan was the real culprit behind the crime, but future episodes will see him escape detection by framing Peter.

With everyone on the cobbles doubting his innocence, Peter finds himself in jail awaiting trial - and meets a familiar face as Jim returns to our screens.

Coronation Street's producer Stuart Blackburn told the show's official website: "Rob will do everything he can to point the finger of guilt at Peter. It looks like it might work.

"We are going to see Peter arrested [and] see him in remand. We have built a massive prison set and it will also see the return of an old friend [in] Jim McDonald, who as we know is in prison himself."

Show bosses confirmed the return of Jim back in April, but little was known about his new storyline until today (July 4).

Meanwhile, as Peter's crisis escalates, his father Ken will return to Weatherfield after more than a year away.
http://i1.cdnds.net/12/39/618x411/soaps_corrie_7972_4.jpg
When Ken arrives home he finds a shaken Deirdre. She prepares to give him an ultimatum
© ITV
Corrie's Deirdre and Ken

Blackburn added: "Ken is coming back to quite a few surprises. What we will learn is that Deirdre hasn't told him the extent of Peter's problems and actually what we will see with Ken is that loyalty to his family. He will be the one person who Peter can turn to."

Ken has been off screen since April 2013 as the character was written out of the soap for the duration of Bill Roache's legal proceedings. The show's longest-serving cast member was cleared of historic sex abuse charges in February and returned to work a few weeks ago.

LizzyBizzy
05-07-2014, 21:28
This is like the storyline when Gail went to prison and shared a cell with Tracey.

Perdita
31-07-2014, 13:08
Coronation Street welcomes Charles Lawson back to screens next week as his character Jim McDonald gets involved with Peter Barlow's troubles in jail.

When a downbeat Peter (Chris Gascoyne) learns that there is an inmate known as The Landlord who supplies alcohol to the other prisoners, he seeks out the secret supplier and is shocked to find that it's Jim!

Here, Charles chats about his return to Corrie, Jim's scenes with Peter and the dynamic that fans can expect when Liz pays a visit to her ex-husband…

How did you feel about getting the call to return to Coronation Street?
"It wasn't really a surprise, as I've been asked back most years. Unless they decide they're going to kill you off, there's always going to be a time when they want you back. That's the nature of Jim, I think - he's a very good character and a well-established one.

"I'd spoken to [Coronation Street producer] Stuart Blackburn before and I think he was probably aware that if you're going to have a character, you might as well use him. I wouldn't have been that interested in coming back just for one episode for a prison visit, so it was nice to get the call for this but not altogether a surprise."

Were you already up to date with the recent goings-on in the Street?
"My wife Debbie was, but I wasn't in the slightest! Debbie watches all the time and if there's anything I should know, then she'll tell me. She always tells me whenever Jim gets a mention! I do watch Simon [Gregson, who plays Steve] when I can because he's a very old dear friend, but I was very unfamiliar with what was going on. I'm trying now to get back into it."

Did you have to do much preparation to step back into Jim's shoes?
"No, he's always there. I created the character with the writers, so there's not a lot that passes you by. People also do their homework with a big character, so they know what to do and what not to do. It's very rare that you'd be confronted by a mistake or something that doesn't ring true, so stepping back into the role was easy."

When Jim received his current jail sentence, did you fear that you'd be away from Corrie for a long while?
"You think about not having the cheque, but I've always been busy. Corrie is a job to me. It's a very nice and good job, and it's very rare that you get a job where people write for you consistently well, but I knew that I was going in and going out. Then it was just back to the grindstone - you go to the interviews and do the next job.

"I'd had 15 years in the business before I joined Corrie, which is a really good thing because it means casting people know you. It also means you know it is just a job and it can finish quickly. But I'm delighted to come back because the writers write well for me. There's nothing worse than doing a job with crap writing. You look at the script and think, 'My God, I've got three months of this rubbish!'"
http://i2.cdnds.net/11/13/618x789/550w_corrie_7575_2.jpg
Jim robs the building society
© ITV
Jim committed armed robbery in 2011

What did you think of Jim's last exit with the armed robbery plot?
"I thought it was stupid. It was daft, but there was a crisis going on and the writers had to write something pretty damn quick. I'm sure people were under that pressure of, 'You've got to write this and you've got to write it now'. Beverley was ill, as we all know, and things happened. We played it to the hilt and people enjoyed it, but it was a bit silly."

Has prison changed Jim at all?
"I don't think he's changed that much at all. He still loves his wife - well he calls Liz his wife! He misses his son too. Jim is one of the daddies in the prison and he's been in the army for 16 years, so this is a piece of cake for him."

How much does Jim know about Peter and his problems?
"We spoke about this when I first started. Myself and Chris have been in the programme at the same time before, but our paths have never crossed and we've never had a scene together. To Jim, he's Ken Barlow's son - that's about it.

"Peter's alcohol problems have been going on for a long time, but Jim would be totally unfamiliar with that. He's not stupid, though, and he finds out pretty damn quick!"
http://i2.cdnds.net/14/30/618x408/soaps-corrie-8444-5.jpg
Peter is shocked to discover the Landlord is none other than Jim McDonald
© ITV
Peter is shocked to discover the Landlord is Jim

Why is Jim selling alcohol to the other prisoners?
"Jim is making his life as bearable as possible by being the landlord. Any prisoner will tell you that if you can find an edge in there, then that makes your life more bearable. Jim is also respected in there because he's an ex-soldier."

Where does Jim get his booze from?
"We don't really go into that, but these things normally happen through the kitchen, the caterers and even some prison officers. It's a case of, 'You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours'."

How does the story progress?
"Steve hasn't kept in touch with Jim, so you can imagine that they must have fallen out at some point. Jim wants to see his family, so he asks Peter to get the message across when he next receives a visit from the Barlows. Steve gets the message and comes along.

"We've shot Liz coming along too and those were great scenes. I'm glad to say we haven't lost it! Jim has got some great lines coming up, because Liz tells him that her new man Tony is twice the man that Jim will ever be. Jim just says, 'Who are you trying to convince now?' It seems like she's protesting too much!

"Jim knows which buttons to press because underneath it all, Elizabeth McDonald will always be in love with Jim and vice versa. That is a constant and I hope the writers keep it a constant because as long as it is, then I'll be back!"

What was it like to work with Beverley Callard again?
"It was easy to work with Beverley again. We've been very lucky over the years, as it's very rare to get such intense and well-written drama. That's why people have wised up to what people do at Coronation Street and down the road in EastEnders. We make a big product out of nothing and there's very little time to produce things.

"Actors now say they'll come and do Coronation Street, but they used to be very po-faced about it - like I was myself! I was in The National and they asked me to join in '86. I turned them down, but actors were like that. That was to kidnap Deirdre and in those days you just turned your nose up, simple as that. Now we get actors like Sir Ian McKellen coming in. When I do watch the programme and you know how it all works, I take my hat off to these people."

For this stint Jim is in jail, but would you like to come back onto the actual cobbles at some point?
"Very much so. If the writing's there and the characters of Steven and Elizabeth are there, then absolutely. The only time it doesn't work is when the writers are fed up with you. I had eight months when the writers were fed up with me and they invented this Gwen woman, bless her. Beverley had gone and in the end it was a question of having a sit-down chat with the then-producer to say, 'If you emasculate this man anymore, you're just going to ruin him because he's not about that'.

"But that was the writers bored with me and struggling because they didn't know what to do with him. I fully understood that, so that's why Jim didn't hang himself or throw himself over a cliff. That's why he went off into the sunset and lived another day.

"There's two ways of handling that situation - you can either shout, be an idiot or complain, in which case they'll kill you anyway, or you go up and say, 'Look, I think I've got so much to offer this, but at the moment I think you're going to get so bored with the character you're going to kill him. So why in the name of Jesus don't we just say cheerio?' That was fine and however many years later he's still here."

How do you look back on your earliest years on the Street?
"We were very lucky because I had an input into choosing Beverley and then we both chose the boys. You're starting from the right premise when you do that, because it's first-hand casting and you know that it's going to work. Sometimes casting is very difficult and if they make the wrong choice then it doesn't work.

"We were the first people to be brought in on a year's contract and right from the word go, it was clear that they were writing well for us and people got used to it pretty quick that there were new kids on the block."

How long are you back for this time?
"I started at the beginning of June and I finish in the middle of September. I'll be appearing in 30 episodes and be on screen for just under three months."

How has the show changed since you started out?
"When we first started, it was a lot slower. There were far less people in it and we only did two episodes a week. There were only four channels then, so 20 million people watched the Street. The last time I was permanent, there were 35 people who were on permanent contracts. The list now is 60, which is unbelievable.

"The atmosphere was also different because there was a lot of fun back in the day. There was a drinking culture which I fully embraced - you worked hard and you played hard. That's changed now because there's no time. We even had a Coronation Street cricket team, but there's no time for that now.

"People on the show are doing 16 or 17 scenes a day, so they just go home afterwards. There's such an intense workload, with four filming units, so the green room is empty. Before there was a common ground, whether it was the cricket pitch or the green room, but there's no time for that now. I think that's very sad - the craic has disappeared but that's the nature of the beast. The whole acting industry's like that now."

You also have your own farm shop, don't you?
"Yeah, I stopped touring about three and a half years ago. I was being offered all this work but I really wanted to be with Debbie. Having always been a country boy, I'm game shooting all the time between September and January. We've now set up a farm shop and we specialise in game throughout the season.

"I get to indulge my passion, while Debbie's really good at it and she's made a super wee shop. It's nice to have another income, because all theatres have now gone down to Equity minimum which is £375 a week. I can't afford to set my alarm for that. This now enables me to choose what I can do. I've been in the game for a long time now and I don't like doing rubbish for the sake of the cheque!"

Perdita
21-08-2014, 17:18
Coronation Street star Charles Lawson has spoken about Peter Barlow's upcoming health scare, revealing that his character Jim McDonald doesn't hesitate before coming to the rescue of his fellow prison inmate.

Next week's episodes see Peter (Chris Gascoyne) consume a huge volume of Jim's secret booze supply in a moment of despair and desperation.

Jim later finds Peter on the floor barely conscious and is left with the tough decision of whether to risk revealing himself as the jail's 'landlord' by calling for help.

Speaking of the upcoming scenes, Lawson explained: "Peter follows Jim to the 'drop zone' which is in the prison kitchens, so then he knows where the drop is for the alcohol.

"Peter ends up having about two and a half pints of the stuff, which for an alcoholic will really set him back. Jim comes in with another con and when he finds that Peter has collapsed, he has no hesitation in trying to revive him.

"Jim also has no hesitation in calling for help, even though he could be in trouble now. He says, 'Right, get one of the screws here now'.
http://i1.cdnds.net/14/33/618x411/soaps-coronation-street-8459-04.jpg
Peter's life is in Jim's hands
© ITV
Peter's life is in Jim's hands

He added: "Jim potentially puts himself in the position of getting two more years behind bars, so if there is an act of redemption, then it's that moment."

Jailed Jim is soon being praised for saving Peter's life, but viewers will have to wait and see whether the truth comes out about how he was supplying the booze in the first place.

Coronation Street airs these scenes on Friday, August 29 at 7.30pm and 8.30pm on ITV.

lizann
25-08-2014, 14:32
i am liking his return so i am :p

swmc66
26-08-2014, 17:48
I have never liked Jim but do now.

Perdita
29-07-2016, 10:45
Coronation Street legend Jim McDonald could be making a returning to Weatherfield - and sooner than you may think.

Charles Lawson, who has played Steve's dad on and off since 1989, has revealed that his alter ego could be getting out of prison ahead of his 2018 release date. And it could even be as soon as this winter.

We already know that Steve's big baby secret will spark big drama at Christmas and into winter next year, so Jim's return could come at a crucial time for the family.

Speaking to The Sun, Lawson said: "I speak to Simon [Gregson] every fortnight or every week in fact, and he always lets me know what's going on and I believe there's the possibility of something happening sort of over the winter time.

"I had 11 years' full time on there, 10 of which were brilliant and all the storylines since I've gone back have been good. You don't bring Jim back just to have a pint in the Rovers. There's always something big."

Jim is currently behind bars for holding up a bank with a gun to try to secure funds for ex-wife Liz to buy The Rovers back in 2011.

However, he made a brief return to the show in 2014, when he tried to blackmail Peter Barlow in prison after the pair wound up in neighbouring cells.

Coronation Street recently confirmed that it is bringing back Peter Barlow and two other members of the family - Adam Barlow and Daniel Osborne.

Digital Spy

:cheer: Would love him to come back for good :D

parkerman
29-07-2016, 11:24
Peter Barlow and Big Jim back....Uh oh!

Perdita
30-07-2016, 07:31
Nope, is not going to happen :crying:

Sorry, Coronation Street doesn't have any plans to bring Jim McDonald back at the moment.

Charles Lawson, who has played Steve's dad on and off since 1989, sparked rumours when he revealed that Jim could be getting out of prison ahead of his 2018 release date.

But it's not looking likely, as a Corrie spokesperson told Digital Spy: "There are currently no plans for Jim McDonald to return but the character will be referenced in an upcoming storyline."

Lawson had told The Sun: "I speak to Simon [Gregson] every fortnight or every week in fact, and he always lets me know what's going on and I believe there's the possibility of something happening sort of over the winter time.

"I had 11 years' full time on there, 10 of which were brilliant and all the storylines since I've gone back have been good. You don't bring Jim back just to have a pint in the Rovers. There's always something big."

Jim's currently behind bars for holding up a bank with a gun to try to secure funds for ex-wife Liz to buy The Rovers back in 2011.

He made a brief return to the show in 2014, when he tried to blackmail Peter Barlow in prison after they wound up in neighbouring cells.

While viewers won't be seeing Jim back on the cobbles anytime soon, the good news is that another Weatherfield legend is returning.

Coronation Street recently confirmed plans to bring back Peter Barlow and two other members of the family – Adam Barlow and Daniel Osborne.

Digital Spy

lizann
06-04-2018, 23:53
he is coming back out of prison so he is

Perdita
08-04-2018, 08:25
http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/coronation-street/news/a854199/coronation-street-charles-lawson-responds-jim-mcdonald-return/

He is not denying it !

Perdita
27-04-2018, 04:34
Coronation Street legend Jim McDonald is making a comeback to the ITV soap in the near future.

Jim, who is played by actor Charlie Lawson, is currently languishing in prison after being jailed for armed robbery in 2011.

But he's due for release in the coming weeks and once he's out, he will be heading straight back to the cobbles.

"They wanted me back full time this year, but I couldn't do it as I am doing Rebus on stage and a thriller," Charlie said (via The Mirror).

"I'm going to film a bit but then will be back again next year."

A spokesperson for the soap said: "Jim is such a hugely popular character. We're delighted he is coming back for what will be a typically explosive Jim storyline."

Digital Spy has reached out to ITV for further comment.

Jim is expected to return for his son Steve's (Simon Gregson) second wedding to Tracy Barlow (Kate Ford) later this spring. :crying:

http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/14/37/768x462/gallery_soaps-coronaiton-street-liz-mcdonald-jim-mcdonald.jpg
Liz visits Jim again
© ITV

He originally menaced the cobbles between 1989 and 2000, but he has returned since, with numerous appearances from 2003–2005 and 2007–2011.

He was sent to 'the big house' in 2011 for trying to rob a building society so his wife Liz (Beverley Callard) could buy the Rovers.

He was last seen briefly in 2014, when he was causing trouble for Peter Barlow (Chris Gascoyne) in prison.

But how will his family – and Peter for that matter – react to his comeback?

Digital Spy

Perdita
04-05-2018, 11:00
Coronation Street legend Charlie Lawson will soon be returning to the cobbles as Jim McDonald, but in what circumstances will we find him now that he's out of "the big house"?

Revealing a few hints as to what fans can expect when Jim makes his comeback, producer Kate Oates told the Radio Times that there is "a great story" heading our way.

Despite being granted freedom seven years after going to prison for armed robbery, Kate has said that Jim will be carrying "a lot of resentment" when he arrives.

"We have some amazing stuff with Jim McDonald," she explained. "He's going to be coming back with a lot of resentment because of what Steve did."

http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/18/13/768x428/gallery-1522078007-charles-lawson-as-jim-mcdonald.jpg
Charles Lawson, Jim McDonald, Coronation Street
© ITV

Referring to a storyline back in 2016 where Jim called son Steve from prison to tell him he may have inherited a muscle-wasting condition, Kate said: "From Jim's point of view, he's been rotting in prison and no-one cares.

"[For 18 months] it seemed like Steve might have inherited a genetic disease from his dad, but no-one went to see Jim to ask if he was okay. We have a great story to play with that."

We have a feeling this is going to be good, so we do.

http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/16/29/768x431/gallery-1469211789-soaps-coronation-street-leanne-battersby-steve-mcdonald-3.png
Steve McDonald in Coronation Street
© ITV

Confirming Lawson's return to the soap last month, a spokesperson for Coronation Street said the show was "delighted" to have the iconic character back.

"Jim is such a hugely popular character. We're delighted he is coming back for what will be a typically explosive Jim storyline," they said.

Digital Spy

Perdita
16-07-2018, 07:41
Seen online:

Coronation Street is set to bring back Jim McDonald with a bang – but he isn’t alone as he rocks up with his and Liz’s daughter Katie! Viewers may remember that long ago, Liz and Jim endured the heartache of losing their daughter after she was born prematurely in 1992. However, as newly released Jim arrives back in Weatherfield with Katie in tow, the now adult woman explains that she was adopted by Australian parents – and Liz is left stunned by the shocking development that changes everything as Jim tells her that there had been a mix up at the hospital. For long term viewers, it will be one hell of a shock – not to mention for Liz and Steve.

I hope this is not true, we already had the baby switched at birth with Michelle and Ryan and Ali .. :thumbsdow

emerald
17-07-2018, 10:33
I've just heard about this and I'm also hoping it's not true. Not only have we already had the Ryan and Ali storyline, there was also the twist regarding Adam Barlow and how Susan hadn't aborted him after all. Why do the writers need to re-write history just to introduce stupid, unbelievable plots? It was a huge storyline for Liz at the time and she has often referred to Katie over the years, especially when Rory died. It also means that there's a couple out there who've found out that the daughter they brought up isn't theirs and that their real child died at birth. If they go ahead with this rubbish I'm not sure I can watch it.

tammyy2j
17-07-2018, 12:08
I've just heard about this and I'm also hoping it's not true. Not only have we already had the Ryan and Ali storyline, there was also the twist regarding Adam Barlow and how Susan hadn't aborted him after all. Why do the writers need to re-write history just to introduce stupid, unbelievable plots? It was a huge storyline for Liz at the time and she has often referred to Katie over the years, especially when Rory died. It also means that there's a couple out there who've found out that the daughter they brought up isn't theirs and that their real child died at birth. If they go ahead with this rubbish I'm not sure I can watch it.

Also Mary having a son Jude

I wonder is this all a plan by Jim to win back his Elizabeth, I mean he was in prison so how did he find Katie alive in Australia

Perdita
17-07-2018, 14:30
Also Mary having a son Jude

I wonder is this all a plan by Jim to win back his Elizabeth, I mean he was in prison so how did he find Katie alive in Australia

Read somewhere that Katie found him .. not sure how though as he is in prison .. would he have access to social media??

tammyy2j
17-07-2018, 15:07
Read somewhere that Katie found him .. not sure how though as he is in prison .. would he have access to social media??

I would not consider facebook and twitter big on his agenda inside :p

emerald
18-07-2018, 11:42
I'm wondering if "Katie" is trying to con both of them for some reason..

Brucie
19-07-2018, 12:14
I'm wondering if "Katie" is trying to con both of them for some reason.. Stands a chance, surely Corrie wouldn't be brave enough to introduce a nice character with no hidden agenda!

tammyy2j
19-07-2018, 16:34
I'm wondering if "Katie" is trying to con both of them for some reason..

Do they have a few bob spare :p

emerald
22-07-2018, 10:54
It would still be a better storyline than bringing back a dead child... I'm still hoping it's not going to happen, or at least that there will be an unexpected twist. What an insult to anyone who lost a baby. They could have brought in a secret child from Jim's past, or even a child they had together before they were married, instead of this rubbish.

lizann
09-09-2018, 12:31
jim and fake katie want revenge on steve and elizabeth

Perdita
22-09-2018, 07:45
http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?113851-Big-Jim-McDonald-returns-so-he-does&p=909681&highlight=McDonald#post909681

They will be found out ..... will be difficult for Jim to come back again after this but you never know in soapland ...

lizann
05-10-2018, 22:35
some chatter online that hannah kills jim frames liz

tammyy2j
14-10-2018, 22:46
Is Jim and Hannah now gone, I thought Steve would want to confront Jim for his lies

Perdita
15-10-2018, 04:23
Is Jim and Hannah now gone, I thought Steve would want to confront Jim for his lies

Why did Liz not call the cops on Hannah when she found out she was the blackmailer ... and how did "Katie" manage to open a bank account under a false name for Liz to pay the 10k into... did she have fake ID ? Surely Liz should be able to get the money back if she contacted the bank? And although Hannah knows Jim does not love her really like he loves Liz, they just go off into the sunset together???? Come on Corrie, you can do better than this!!!

lizann
23-12-2018, 13:01
jim is returning again

Perdita
23-12-2018, 18:22
jim is returning again

Rumour has it ...as long as it is without Hannah/Katie ..

swmc66
27-12-2018, 14:27
I hope he never returns

Perdita
23-05-2022, 03:56
https://www.dailystar.co.uk/tv/coronation-street-icon-set-return-27027808?fbclid=IwAR0Clhf8CfWF791a9VnAsaQ3Lqepkeye dCxQVEbI5OEEtmD4y4siZjrzfdU

Charlie Lawson apparently in talks to return ... could that mean that they will kill off Liz McDonald in Spain ???? :hmm: