PDA

View Full Version : Remake of The Rockford Files

tammyy2j
20-08-2010, 17:56
Josh Holloway is reportedly being considered for the lead role in NBC's forthcoming remake of The Rockford Files.

Dermot Mulroney was originally cast as private detective Jim Rockford, but was later dropped when NBC executives expressed dissatisfaction with the unaired pilot.

Entertainment Weekly now reports that Holloway - who played James 'Sawyer' Ford on Lost - could take over the part.

Executive producer David Shore admitted that the actor was a "viable choice" but added that production was at "too premature" a stage to confirm casting.

"NBC is still high on the project," he confirmed. "They would like it to happen. Peter Berg's involved producing and possibly directing and we will be looking for a new lead."

The previous pilot also starred Alan Tudyk and Beau Bridges.

Siobhan
20-08-2010, 18:10
Oh I will watch that if the lovely Josh is in it

Chloe O'brien
21-08-2010, 02:32
There has to be conditions for Josh. He needs to let his hair grow like Sawyer and his sexy body has to be on view at all times.

Siobhan
23-08-2010, 14:38
There has to be conditions for Josh. He needs to let his hair grow like Sawyer and his sexy body has to be on view at all times.

I thought that was in his contract at all times..

Perdita
26-08-2010, 12:29
Former Lost star Josh Holloway has admitted that he would love to star in NBC's forthcoming remake of The Rockford Files.

It was previously reported that the actor was being considered for the role of private eye Jim Rockford.

Holloway told Entertainment Weekly that he had been interested in the show since the final season of Lost, in which his character Sawyer and Miles Straume (Ken Leung) appeared as cops in the 'flash-sideways' universe.

"I was like, no way, don’t even go there… because I love The Rockford Files," he explained. " I thought Ken would be great for [Rockford's sidekick]. I would have loved that show."

Dermot Mulroney was cast as Rockford in a first attempt at a reboot, but was later dropped from the project. Holloway revealed that he had not originally considered the part, as he had been keen to concentrate on a film career.

"I wanted to give movies a shot, so I never even pursued it,” he said.

David Shore, executive producer on the new pilot, previously confirmed that the actor was a "viable choice" for the Rockford role.

[B]Could be good news for Siobhan :D

lizann
27-08-2010, 12:15
Oh I will watch that if the lovely Josh is in it

Me too