PDA

View Full Version : Bedlam

Perdita
16-08-2010, 09:13
Will Young is to star in a spooky television drama about a pre-Victorian mental hospital, it has been revealed.

Bedlam, which is to be the first original drama aired on digital channel Living, tells the story of Ryan (Young), who lives in an apartment block converted from the sinister asylum, reports The Sun.

A source said: "The conversion awakens a darker side of the building, with former asylum spirits coming back to take back what they believe to be theirs. They start to seek revenge on those who have wronged them."

Young, who previously appeared in 2005 comedy Mrs Henderson Presents and guest-starred in E4's Skins, said that he was delighted to be acting in the thriller.

He said: "I'm so excited to be part of Bedlam. The scripts are original and fantastic, as are the other actors involved. I can't wait to get my teeth into the role."

The six-part series, which is to be made by Red Production Company, also stars Theo James, Charlotte Salt and Ashley Madekwe.

Red Production's executive producer Nicola Shindler said: "We want to make Bedlam sit alongside US imported drama."

Living's director of television Claudia Rosencrantz added: "We've been searching for ages for the right idea to launch Living into original drama, and Bedlam is the perfect fit.

"It's sexy, stylish and truly scary. It is about very frightening things happening to very beautiful people."

lizann
31-01-2011, 22:16
Bedlam begins on February 7 at 10pm on Sky Living

tammyy2j
01-02-2011, 12:00
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAXrIzN8In8&feature=player_embedded

alan45
21-12-2011, 02:04
FORMER EastEnders star Lacey Turner has won her first lead role since leaving the soap – as a paramedic who sees ghosts.

Lacey, 23, will lead an all-new cast in the second series of Sky Living's drama Bedlam.

The actress, who played Stacey Slater, left EastEnders last year after her character admitted murdering Archie Mitchell.

She will star alongside Hollywood actor Tim Roth's son, Jack, in Bedlam, which focuses on an old mental asylum turned into a block of flats.

The new cast replaces the original line-up, led by singer Will Young, who were seen being caught up in a massive explosion at the end of the first series earlier this year.

The original cast won't be back — although Will and the others could have cameos in the new run as bosses tie up loose ends.

Lacey said she couldn't wait to get her teeth into the spooky role of Ellie. She said: "I am really excited about taking part in the second series of Bedlam

"It's a great story with brilliant writing and a fantastic cast. Ellie is a really interesting and conflicted character. I'm looking forward to playing her and seeing where the story takes her."
Jack Roth added: "The first series was very interesting, opening many exciting doors to explore in a darker way.

"Horror is a genre which can be capitalised upon brilliantly for television as there is time to fully develop ideas.

"My character Max has a great back story with intriguing and mysterious directions to be taken along with Ellie."

Anne Mensah, head of drama at Sky, said: "We have huge ambitions for Bedlam. The show is a unique combination of engaging relationship drama and real scares."

Katy
22-12-2011, 23:49
i never saw any of this last time round and i meant to as some of itwas filmed at my old university!

tammyy2j
05-06-2012, 16:57
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-zKRxL5M8s&feature=player_detailpage