PDA

View Full Version : House Season 7 - Spoilers & Discussion

tammyy2j
15-07-2010, 10:37
Amber Tamblyn has signed on for a multi-episode arc in the upcoming season of House, Fox announced Wednesday.

She arrives as a brilliant and aggressive new team member. There's one snag: House (Hugh Laurie) hires her even though she's still a medical student and not technically allowed to practice medicine yet.

Has Dr. House found his new pet now that Thirteen (Olivia Wilde) has taken off? Not likely. Tamblyn's character will feel conflicted with House's morally and ethically ambiguous ways of practicing medicine.

The 27-year-old actress — best known for her roles in the TV series Joan of Arcadia and The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants films — most recently starred on The Unusuals on ABC.

Season 7 of House debuts Monday, Sept. 20 at 8/7c on Fox.

Abigail
17-07-2010, 22:56
What's happened with Thirteen? Why did she take time off?

StarsOfCCTV
17-07-2010, 23:28
I didn't recognise her (Amber's) name but I really liked her character on the traveling pants films so looking forward to her on the show. :)

To my knowledge, Thirteen taking time off wasn't explained - I thought it was maybe that she was developing symptoms of Huntington's. Just something she said to Taub about how she thought she was ok but turns out she wasn't.. or something along those lines.

tammyy2j
19-07-2010, 11:56
This is Amber

http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/031030/125658__at_l.jpg

Abigail
23-07-2010, 12:00
She doesn't look old enough to be a doctor

lizann
23-07-2010, 12:06
She doesn't look old enough to be a doctor

She is 27 in real life

Abigail
23-07-2010, 12:09
She is 27 in real life

I hope I look that good when I get to 27!! She looks very young.

tammyy2j
30-07-2010, 10:39
Dirty Dancing‘s Jennifer Grey will find herself in a no-win situation when she guest-stars on House this fall.

Grey—who begins work on the House set today—will play Abbey, the mother of an infant daughter who is displaying signs of a life-threatening illness. As House and Co. investigate her daughter’s developing symptoms, Abbey is faced with a treatment decision for her newborn that could affect not only her baby’s life but her own.

Her episode is scheduled to air in mid-October.

Abigail
12-09-2010, 19:07
New season starts 20th September in the US. Watch the preview here (http://www.fox.com/house/index.htm#home). Cuddy tells House she loves him :eek: :cheer:

EDIT: Ah shoot, didn't realise there was already a season 7 thread (that I'd been posting in!). Could a mod please merge?

tammyy2j
12-09-2010, 19:22
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkIocsJbXTA

Abigail
12-09-2010, 20:44
Why is Wilson doing a diagnostic?

StarsOfCCTV
12-09-2010, 21:28
Because Thirteen isn't there? I can't wait to see what is up with her..

I love September, all my favourite shows are coming back. Good times. :lol:

Edit:
An extended version of the trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xqXn8_GVcE

Huddy love :wub: :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3YScOHcd3U

Abigail
12-09-2010, 22:56
Oh I can't wait for this!!

StarsOfCCTV
12-09-2010, 23:07
One week tomorrow! :D :D

tammyy2j
15-09-2010, 15:37
Matthew Lillard has signed up to appear in House.

TV Guide reports that the Scream star will appear in one episode of the show.

Executive producer Katie Jacobs explained: "I've been a fan of his for so long, so we offered the role to him.

"He's playing a bass player in a band who has been struggling for years and years. He finds himself in a very extreme circumstance in the beginning of the episode and becomes an unexpected hero. So how his life changes becomes the mystery."

The new season of House begins on Monday at 8/7c on Fox.

Perdita
20-09-2010, 12:42
House producer Katie Jacobs has insisted that the maverick doctor's new relationship with Cuddy will not change him.

The two characters got together in the sixth season finale and will explore their relationship in the new season premiere.

"It's not that Cuddy thinks she's going to somehow change him," said Jacobs. "She knows how House is. They are who they are, which I think is more real. So I'm hopeful [viewers] won't be disappointed because the characters essentially have not changed."

She suggested that the romance could also have repercussions for the pair's working relationship.

"Are people going to treat them differently because they are a couple now?" she queried. "And because they're openly in love, is Cuddy going to say yes more often [to House] or try to prove to herself that she is not favouring him and say no more often?"

Jacobs also claimed that any issues within the relationship will not be resolved within a single episode.

"We're going to play it through," she said.

House returns to Fox for a seventh season tonight at 8/7c.

Perdita
21-09-2010, 12:34
House creator David Shore has confirmed that Olivia Wilde will be missing from the show for "a while".

Earlier this year, it emerged that Wilde will be absent from a number of episodes so she can shoot her new movie Cowboys And Aliens.

Shore has now admitted that it will be some time until the actress, who plays Thirteen, will return.

"It's going to be a while, unfortunately," he told Entertainment Weekly. "We love her but it is going to be a while. It's going to be this season, but well into this season."

However, Shore insisted that Wilde's decision to sign up for The Change-Up has not affected the storylines on House.

"She called up and said she wanted to do [The Change-Up]," he explained. "And it just so happened that what we had worked out storyline-wise allowed her a couple of extra episodes [off]. So that movie just filled in the gap. There were no further adjustments to her schedule as a result of that."

House continues on Mondays at 8/7c on Fox.

tammyy2j
02-12-2010, 16:02
Seems everyone in the Cuddy family wants to meet the good doctor's boyfriend. Wouldn't you? Following news that Candice Bergen will arrive on House in January as Cuddy's mom, Arlene, comes word that actress Paula Marshall has just been cast as Cuddy's sister, Lucinda.

"Cuddy's in a relationship now and the boyfriend's meeting the family," explains executive producer David Shore, who hints at some secrecy involving Lucinda's presence. Paula, a familiar face on TV since the mid '90s, is probably best known for her roles on Gary Unmarried, Californication and Nip/Tuck. She is also expected to arrive in January.

As for as-yet-unseen members of Dr. House's family paying a visit — like Mr. Grumpy's biological father — Shore says "that's something we talk about on a regular basis," but nothing's on the map just yet.

Abigail
02-12-2010, 18:18
House is off air in America until the end of January now :crying:

StarsOfCCTV
02-12-2010, 22:52
:eek: What?!

Bad times. Why do they take such long breaks in the US? How do they expect shows to retain a big fan base when they put huge gaps in the middle of seasons..

Abigail
03-12-2010, 00:28
Its only House that they do this to, no other show takes two month breaks every Christmas for no apparent reason.

StarsOfCCTV
03-12-2010, 12:20
Boo. :( That sucks.

Perdita
04-02-2011, 18:37
The executive producer of House has revealed that a future episode will feature several dream sequences.

Greg Yaitanes told Entertainment Weekly that the instalment will feature scenes in the style of a Western, a musical, a sitcom, a horror movie and a black-and-white film.

"Within those dreams, the story of what [the team is] going through is being told... throughout the episode," he explained. "It just allowed us to [tell the] message of this great story between them and let the fans participate in a new way."

Yaitanes admitted that the gimmick is likely to be "polarising" amongst the show's loyal viewers.

"I think people will love or hate us for it, but I just think there's some incredible work there that was done," he insisted. "The musical is [unlike anything] anyone will have seen... on television before."

He added that that the instalment will be "a very important episode" for the relationship between House (Hugh Laurie) and Cuddy (Lisa Edelstein).

"If you're enjoying their storyline, this is going to be a very important episode," he said. "Liz [Friedman] wrote an amazing script, and I think everybody really shines in a big way."

House airs on Mondays at 8/7c on Fox.

DS