PDA

View Full Version : Holby City Departure - Spoiler

moonstorm
29-06-2010, 21:08
Amanda Mealing (Connie Beauchamp) has confirmed she finishes filming in September on her twitter page.

What a shame - I liked her.

Perdita
30-06-2010, 09:08
AMANDA Mealing will quit Holby City this year - after six years in the show.

The 43-year-old star has played cardiothoracic consultant Connie Beauchamp since 2004.

But yesterday the actress, who survived breast cancer after discovering a lump in 2002, admitted she is ready to move on.

She wrote on her Twitter page: "I've said too much already but yes, this will be my last year in Holby.

"Let's enjoy it while we can."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/3035160/Amanda-Mealing-will-quit-Holby-City-this-year-after-six-years-in-show.html#ixzz0sJlZeoD7

elle101
30-06-2010, 11:22
Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wexham
30-06-2010, 22:35
Ah, it's a shame but I've seen it coming for a while. It's Jac who's ruling holby at the moment. She'll be missed.

alan45
26-10-2010, 15:05
Amanda Mealing has revealed that her decision to leave Holby City was influenced by a "love" for her character Connie Beauchamp.

The actress announced back in June that she was bowing out of the BBC medical drama after more than six years in the role.

Speaking on today's This Morning about departing the show, Mealing admitted: "It seems like a crazy idea, doesn't it? Part of it is leave before you're pushed! But [it was] also just a real love for Connie.

"I don't want the writers, the audience or anyone to get bored of her or feel that she's predictable. I think that after six and a half years, to still be able to find something new about her is a credit to the writers, really."

The 43-year-old also hinted that Connie's departure will tie in with the tensions that are developing at the hospital following the arrival of Henrik Hanssen, played by Guy Henry.

Asked whether Connie will go quietly, she replied: "I don't think Connie goes quietly anywhere! She always goes with a fight. I think that her nemesis has arrived and it causes her to question everything about herself and she doesn't like what she's become."

Mealing's first Holby City episode aired in June 2004.

alan45
27-11-2010, 18:01
Holby City actress Amanda Mealing has revealed the reasons behind her decision to leave the show after six years.

Mealing's final scenes as consultant Connie Beauchamp will air this Christmas, while details surrounding her exit storyline are currently unknown.

"I love her so much I'd rather leave on a high than see her diminish," Mealing said of leaving the part of Beauchamp.

"I honestly cried every day for the last three weeks and the final week was just impossible," Mealing told The Mirror. "I was kind of heartbroken because leaving Holby is like leaving a long-term relationship."

The actress cited a desire to spend more time with her family as the main factor in her decision to leave the show, as well as the recent death of a close friend from breast cancer.

"Her death hit me really hard and gave me the courage to leave," Mealing explained, being a survivor of the disease herself. "I felt guilty for being alive, and then you have the paranoia that maybe it's still raging through you and they've missed it."

The actress recently announced plans to run the London Marathon in 2012 to honour her friend.

StarsOfCCTV
27-11-2010, 18:33
I'll be sad to see Amanda leaving, but she is right.. the storylines for Connie have been exhausted really, as demonstrated by that storyline with her 'old friends' which was all a bit silly.

Good on her for running the marathon and all. :)

Perdita
27-11-2010, 20:58
Amanda Mealing has claimed that she is looking forward to entering her forties, despite admitting that women "aren't allowed" to age in showbusiness.

The actress recently announced that she is to leave Holby City after six years in order to spend more time with her family, after admitting feeling guilty about not seeing her children enough.

"I quite look forward to turning 40," Mealing told The Mirror. "I'm not grown up at all - my children will testify to that. I think it really is an attitude."

She also admitted that there can be an element of sexism in the industry, which places more pressure on female actresses to retain their youthful appearance than it does on male actors.

"I kind of resent that, because guys like Sean Connery still look great and are still regarded as sexy whatever age they are but women aren't allowed to do that," Mealing clarified.

Mealing's final scenes on Holby City will air next month.

jabs1888uk
29-11-2010, 21:00
She is 42, born 1968 according to IMDB??