PDA

View Full Version : Dr Who Christmas Special

Perdita
28-06-2010, 17:34
The script for the forthcoming Doctor Who Christmas special has reportedly gone missing.

According to the Daily Star, filming for the special "has been thrown into jeopardy" by the loss.

Executive producer and lead writer Steven Moffat is said to be "facing a race against time to create a new draft before filming commences next month".

Moffat also allegedly revealed that the episode would be "a flashback Christmas special."

The final episode of the programme's fifth series aired on June 26. A new series is expected to follow the Christmas special in 2011.

It was previously revealed that past Who writers Paul Cornell and Tom MacRae may be returning for the show's sixth series.

Dazzle
29-06-2010, 15:22
I'm looking forward to this. I really enjoyed the recent series with Matt Smith.

Abbie
29-06-2010, 21:38
I thought they usually film them by now

Perdita
10-08-2010, 17:50
Opera singer Katherine Jenkins has revealed that she has finished filming her role in this year's Doctor Who Christmas Special.

Jenkins, who will make her acting debut in the episode, told followers on Twitter that filming the Doctor Who special was an enjoyable experience.

She wrote: ''BTW, I've finished filming all my scenes for Dr Who now... Feel really sad as I enjoyed it way more than I thought I would! Lovely people! (sic)''

The Doctor Who Christmas Special will premiere in December on BBC One.

Perdita
22-11-2010, 11:56
BBC ONE and BBC ONE HD
www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho

Matt Smith stars in the Doctor Who Christmas SpecialAmy and Rory are trapped on a crashing space liner, and the only way The Doctor can rescue them is to save the soul of a lonely old miser, in a festive edition of the time-travelling adventure, written by Steven Moffat. But is Kazran Sardick, the richest man in Sardicktown, beyond redemption? And what is lurking in the fogs of Christmas Eve?