PDA

View Full Version : Private Practice - Season 4 - Spoilers

lizann
16-06-2010, 14:33
Brian Benben aka Dr. Sheldon Wallace has been promoted to a full-fledged series regular.

Benben joined the Grey’s Anatomy spin-off on a recurring basis in season 2 as the resident shrink at Oceanside’s rival practice, Pacific Wellcare.

Abigail
19-06-2010, 22:48
Hmmm I'm not keen on Sheldon. When does the new season start in America?

tammyy2j
28-06-2010, 14:49
I dont like Sam and Addison together

Perdita
05-07-2010, 16:15
KaDee Strickland has revealed that her character Charlotte will get married in the new season of Private Practice.

Charlotte got engaged to Cooper (Paul Adelstein) in the last season finale and Strickland explained that she is looking forward to filming more episodes.

"I am really excited," she told On The Red Carpet. "I met with our new showrunners just last week and it's going to be really exciting."

She added: "Maybe somebody's getting married. You'll have to tune in and watch, but that is what I hear. That is confirmed. It could change, but it's been confirmed for me that I'm supposed to walk the aisle this year so that's very exciting."

Strickland also revealed that she likes working on the show because she gets on with her co-stars.

"I love my job, it's amazing," she said. "To work with the people I work with is kind of like a dream state because everybody shows up, everybody's fun and we all love our jobs. That's a perfect life to me."

Private Practice will return later this year on ABC.

Abigail
05-07-2010, 18:04
I hope she gets married to Cooper. I love their chemistry.

tammyy2j
22-07-2010, 11:43
Private Practice has promoted Caterina Scorsone to series regular, TVGuide.com has learned exclusively.

"It's so fantastic for so many reasons," Scorsone, who plays Dr. Amelia Shepherd, sister to Grey's Anatomy's Derek (Patrick Dempsey), tells TVGuide.com of her promotion. "The set is really a wonderful environment. Everyone is generous and fantastic, so to know that's going to be my home for a while is pretty nice."

Amelia was introduced late last season, when she clashed with the Oceanside Wellness docs over whether she could save one of their patient's lives. "She's very complex," says Scorsone, who actually went to medical school before deciding she'd rather play a doctor than be a doctor. "She inspires a whole rainbow of emotions in all the people around her. She's lovable and annoying at the same time," Scorsone says. "She's also tough and fragile at the same time."

Though she plays Derek's sister, Scorsone has yet to work with Dempsey, but is itching to do so. "It is a little bit intimidating, knowing how passionate people are, wanting to honor their expectations in the relationship with Derek, who is so deeply a part of people's emotional journey on this show."

Executive producer Shonda Rhimes told TVGuide.com earlier this year that the writers were already discussing a Shepherd-centric crossover. "We've absolutely been talking about that," adds Scorsone. "Based on the history we've already established between Amelia and Derek, there definitely has to be some sort of encounter at some point."

As for the Season 4 premiere of Private, which the cast is currently shooting, Scorsone says the story will jump ahead a few weeks from Dell's death. "Everyone's had a little time to process and grieve," she says.

Perdita
28-07-2010, 13:13
Currie Graham and French Stewart have signed up to appear in Private Practice.

According to TV Guide, the duo will play brothers who are both patients.

Graham, who has previously starred in Men In Trees and Raising The Bar, will reportedly play Russell. The character, one of Charlotte and Sam's patients, needs a kidney transplant.

Former 3rd Rock From The Sun star Stewart will play Russell's estranged brother Kevin, who is planning to donate his kidney. However, his mental state allegedly makes the doctors concerned that he is not a suitable donor.

Private Practice returns for a new season on September 23 on ABC.

tammyy2j
05-08-2010, 11:12
Dexter’s dad is paying a visit! James Remar has been cast in the potentially recurring role of Gibby, a physician with Doctors Without Borders and an old friend of Pete’s. He’ll first turn up in this season’s third episode. Oh, and in case you missed TVGuide.com’s scoop, Pete and Violet are getting married in the premiere.

tammyy2j
02-09-2010, 15:47
The executive producer of Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice has revealed details of the upcoming crossover.

Shonda Rhimes told Entertainment Weekly that the episode will see Amelia (Caterina Scorsone) going to visit her brother Derek (Patrick Dempsey).

"Amelia goes to visit Derek in the third episode of Grey's," she revealed. "Derek got shot and he hasn't been returning her phone calls. He's never returned her phone calls."

Rhimes suggested that the show will help viewers to understand Derek and Amelia more.

"What I love about the episode is that it really illuminates Derek," she said. "Remember, Derek's father was shot when they were kids - something that both Amelia and Derek witnessed. And for both of them, Derek's shooting brings up all these memories of that. And you also get to see the two Shepherd neurosurgeons operating together, which I think is kind of badass."

Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice both return for new seasons on September 23 on ABC.

tammyy2j
15-09-2010, 13:17
Private Practice has found just the man-candy to fill the void left by the dearly departed Dell: Cristián de la Fuente.

The In Plain Sight hunk has been tapped to play the potentially recurring role of Eric Rodriguez, a self-possessed, confident, wickedly funny and—just guessing here—fairly attractive new doctor.

De la Fuente—who earned a bronze medal in the sixth season of Dancing With the Stars—will make his first appearance in late October/early November.

There’s no word on whose heart McCaliente will send racing, but the initial character breakdown may contain a clue: Private producers noted that prospective candidates must be 5’11″. In possibly related news, Kate Walsh is the show’s tallest female cast member at 5’9″.

tammyy2j
14-10-2010, 11:12
At the end of the ABC drama’s Oct. 28 episode, Charlotte King—the tightly wound doctor played by KaDee Strickland—will be attacked and raped by a deranged patient (Buffy the Vampire Slayer‘s Nicholas Brendon). The incident kicks off a major season-long story line that will touch every character on the show. “A lot of violence against women on television is from the point of view of law enforcement,” points out executive producer Shonda Rhimes, “as opposed to standing in the shoes of the actual victim and seeing how it is for them and the people around them.” To that end, the Nov. 4 episode will be unlike any previous hour of Private in that it will revolve solely around the immediate aftermath of the attack. “It takes place all in one night, and it’s [set] almost entirely in the hospital,” reveals Rhimes, who penned the episode. “And there’s almost no music. It’s a fairly silent episode. It’s a compelling, painful episode. The work KaDee did in it was amazing.”

Perdita
19-10-2010, 15:16
Kyle Secor has reportedly landed a role in Private Practice.

Fancast says that the former Homicide: Life On The Street star will appear in one episode of the current season.

He will play Adam Wilder, the brother of Pete (Tim Daly), but further details of his role have not yet been revealed.

Secor is rumoured to be appearing in the ninth episode, which will also feature Louise Fletcher as Pete's mother.

Secor also starred in shows including Veronica Mars, Commander In Chief and Party Of Five and has recently made guest appearances in series such as White Collar, The Gates, The Closer, Outlaw and Hawaii Five-0.

Private Practice continues on Thursdays at 10/9c on ABC.

Perdita
04-11-2010, 12:31
KaDee Strickland has revealed that her Private Practice character Charlotte will struggle to return to work after being raped in last week's episode.

Speaking to TV Guide, Strickland explained that Charlotte will find it difficult to go back to the hospital, which is where she was attacked.

"The fact that she has this happen in her place of business is a very powerful statement because she has to go back to it," she said. "It will never be the same thing to walk into that hospital and to have all your control taken away.

"Charlotte is so apprehensive. Charlotte is someone who absolutely lives to control things in her life. In this moment and in this act of crime that happens to her, all control is lost. Out of the devastation and the shock that come with that, she wants to act as if it didn't happen."

Strickland suggested that the rape will change Charlotte's relationships with Addison, Amelia and Violet, while Tim Daly explained that his character Pete is the first to discover her after the attack.

"Pete has a unique sensitivity to it, because right from the beginning he suspects she was raped, but chooses to completely respect her privacy on it," he said. "The fact that he doesn't push her makes her more vulnerable. It's easier for her to push back when people are nosing into her business."

Meanwhile, Paul Adelstein explained that his character - Charlotte's fiancé Cooper - will also struggle with the aftermath of the attack.

"She's a very strong woman and he has a lot of trouble seeing her so compromised," he said. "He's actively pushing Charlotte to be more present in the investigation and calling the police. He's really encouraging her to close this thing."

Strickland added: "I think all of the helplessness, all of the rage, all of the confusion, the element of him not having been able to prevent it, all comes into play."

Abigail
04-11-2010, 16:44
I saw a preview on the internet and its quite shocking.

Perdita
10-11-2010, 16:05
KaDee Strickland has explained why her Private Practice character Charlotte did not report being raped.

Speaking to E! Online, Strickland explained that many women who are attacked do not go to the police.

"The story was very well thought-out and researched, and I think this is a much more common response than anyone cares to admit, which is heartbreaking in its own right," she said.

"Charlotte King would absolutely respond this way. This is a woman who has such control issues already, so for every bit of control to be taken away from her - because that is what has happened - she has truly been robbed of herself and certainly her dynamic need to have things under control."

Strickland also revealed that the attack will affect Charlotte for the rest of her life.

"I think as long as Charlotte King is a character on network television in the show Private Practice she's going to live with this because that's the reality of what survivors go through," she said. "I do believe that you will see this season revolve around recovery, just as you did with Violet's after she was attacked. So I think it doesn't go away - it never goes away for the individual. [Creator] Shonda [Rhimes] and I were adamant that we were not going to clean this up in a couple episodes and life is going to be dandy."

Perdita
25-11-2010, 12:03
Private Practice creator Shonda Rhimes has revealed details of JoBeth Williams's return to the show.

Williams plays Addison's mother Bizzy and first appeared in an episode last year.

Speaking to TV Guide, Rhimes explained that Bizzy will have reservations about Addison's relationship with Sam.

"Bizzy likes Sam a great deal, but I don't necessarily know that Bizzy likes Sam when he's with Addison," she said. "Bizzy's return is going to have a very big effect on Addison and it will leave her with a lot of interesting things to deal with."

tammyy2j
10-01-2011, 13:34
Grant Show has reportedly signed up to reprise his role in Private Practice.

Show has previously appeared in six episodes of the show as Addison's brother Archer. He has also starred in a crossover instalment of Grey's Anatomy.

TV Line says that Show will now return to Private Practice in the season's 14th episode, which is scheduled to air on February 10.

Stephen Collins, who is currently starring in No Ordinary Family, will also return for the episode as Addison's father.

tammyy2j
09-02-2011, 11:45
Audra McDonald (Naomi) is leaving the Thursday-night ABC drama at the end of the season to be closer to her family in New York.

Perdita
21-03-2011, 06:48
Benjamin Bratt has been cast in Private Practice. :wub:

The actor, best known for his role as detective Rey Curtis in Law & Order, will join the ABC medical drama as a series regular, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Further details about Bratt's role on the show have not yet been revealed. However, it is thought his character will be introduced in this season's final episode, becoming a regular next season.

Bratt has also appeared as a guest star on Modern Family and starred as William Banks in short-lived A&E drama The Cleaner.

His film roles include Eric Matthews in Miss Congeniality and Dr Juvenal Urbino in the big-screen adaptation of Gabriel GarcÃ*a Márquez novel Love in the Time of Cholera.

It was recently confirmed that there will be a wedding on Private Practice before the end of the season.

Private Practice airs on Thursdays at 10/9c on ABC.

DS

tammyy2j
21-03-2011, 11:42
Private Practice will ends its season with a bang, by adding Benjamin Bratt as a series regular. The Law & Order vet will first appear in the ABC drama’s Season 4 finale, then continue on as a full-time cast member come fall, says The Hollywood Reporter.

Though there are no details on Bratt’s character, his arrival should come on or around the time of Audra McDonald’s exit from the series as an original cast member.