PDA

View Full Version : Torchwood Series 4

Perdita
07-06-2010, 22:00
The BBC has announced that Torchwood is to return for a fourth series.

The sci-fi drama, which is a spinoff to Doctor Who, will air a ten-part run following an international partnership between the corporation and US premium network Starz Entertainment.

Russell T Davies will continue to write the series. It has also been revealed that plots are to go beyond Cardiff to locations worldwide.

"We have a long history of working with many US networks but it is incredibly exciting to be working with Starz for the first time, as well as to be reunited with the best of British in Russell, Jane [Tranter] and Julie [Gardner]," said Ben Stephenson, controller of BBC drama commissioning. "Torchwood will burst back onto the screen with a shocking and moving story with global stakes and locations that will make it feel bigger and bolder than ever."

Jane Tranter of BBC Worldwide commented: "Torchwood has attracted remarkable attention and loyalty in both the UK and US, and in this new partnership with Starz, the next chapter will not only reward our current fans, but also introduce new viewers to the most impressive instalment yet."

Meanwhile, Starz president Chris Albrecht added: "We're committed to programming exceptional television that is entertaining, imaginative and provides a premium TV experience, and by any measure the new concept for Torchwood fits that mandate."

Torchwood stars John Barrowman as Captain Jack and Eve Myles as Gwen.

Dazzle
08-06-2010, 15:59
That's good news.

JustJodi
09-06-2010, 12:38
this is terrific news,, any one have an idea when the series will start ? I have missed Capt. Jack :-)

Perdita
09-06-2010, 12:48
It has been revealed that popular Doctor Who spin-off show, Torchwood, has been granted a fourth series that is now in the works.

Last summer, it seemed that all was over for Captain Jack Harkness and his gang following a week-long series of episodes that followed the tense storyline of children being taken over. With co-team member Gwen, played by Eve Myles, also going off to stay with her boyfriend Rhys, it seemed that all was being brought to a close for the series that jumped through the top 3 BBC channels, going from BBC Three and eventually finding a prime-time slot on BBC One.

Not much has been revealed yet about the new series, not even when it is set to air on UK screens, but it has been confirmed Eve Myles and John Borrowman (Captain Jack Harkness) will return to the ten-part series.

Normally, the series has just been set around Cardiff and surrounding Welsh areas, but the current suggestion is that some Series 4 storylines may take the show elsewhere.

The series will be written by ex-Doctor Who Executive Producer, Russell T Davies.

From Wiki: On 7 June 2010, it was announced that a fourth series was in production, possibly airing around summer 2011.

LostVoodoo
10-06-2010, 20:51
ooh good! whilst Children of the Earth was amazing I do agree with John Barrowman when he said a full series would have been better. I do wonder how the dynamic between him and Gwyn will have changed now everyone else is dead. Oh how i cried when Ianto died, just as bad and when Tosh and Owen went. they can't kill off anyone else, i don't have enough tissues!

ajay10
14-06-2010, 13:23
this is terrific news,, any one have an idea when the series will start ? I have missed Capt. Jack :-)

Various news stories say Summer 2011 at the moment, so quite a long wait.

Abbie
23-06-2010, 22:24
This is very exciting, its a shame we have to wait so long

alan45
20-08-2010, 01:52
More details have emerged about the fourth series of sci-fi drama Torchwood.

Starz has announced that The New World will follow CIA agent Rex Matheson as he "investigates a global conspiracy [and] finds himself unearthing a threat which challenges the entire human race".

Rex is described as a Harvard-educated "golden boy" who is "dangerous, dazzling [and] reckless".

The new ten-part series of the Doctor Who spinoff will also see the return of regular Torchwood characters Captain Jack Harkness (John Barrowman) and Gwen Cooper (Eve Myles).

Gwen will be shown living peacefully in Wales with husband Rhys (Kai Owen) and new baby Anwen when she encounters a "new, epic danger" that will "push [her] to the limit".

Having left Earth at the conclusion of previous miniseries Children of Earth, Harkness will be drawn back to the Torchwood institute by "his unstated love for Gwen".

tammyy2j
28-01-2011, 22:00
Four more actors have confirmed their involvement in the next series of Torchwood.

Lena Kaur, Danny Szam, Daniel Adegboyega and William Thomas will all appear in the 10-part run, subtitled Miracle Day, according to Spotlight.

Former Hollyoaks star Kaur is listed as playing Dr Alicia Patel in the sci-fi drama. She previously played Leila Roy on the Channel 4 soap and also featured in BBC Three sketch show Scallywagga. Szam, whose previous credits include Skins, Casualty and Doctors, will play a role credited as 'Surveillance'.

Adegboyega, who appeared in the most recent series of Spooks, will play an unnamed guard. Welsh actor Thomas, who previously appeared in a 2007 episode of Torchwood as Gwen's father Geraint, will reprise his role for the fourth series.

All four will join series regulars John Barrowman, Eve Myles and new additions Mekhi Phifer, Bill Pullman and Lauren Ambrose.

Torchwood: Miracle Day will air on BBC One in the UK and Starz in the US.

JustJodi
29-01-2011, 02:19
Has a date been confirmed for the begining of this series ?????

pipette
29-01-2011, 19:23
i think the airdate will be July 1st in the UK

LFC FOR LIFE

tammyy2j
03-02-2011, 11:19
Two more actors have been confirmed for roles in the next series of Torchwood.

In an interview with BBC News, series creator Russell T. Davies recently confirmed that Sharon Morgan will reprise her role as Mary, the mother of Gwen (Eve Myles).

The actress previously played the role in 2008 Torchwood episode 'Something Borrowed' and has also appeared in BBC Wales drama Belonging and sitcom After You've Gone.

Last week, it was confirmed that William Thomas will also return to the show as Gwen's father Geraint.

Spotlight also lists Doom star Ian Hughes as playing a character named Ralph Finch. Hughes, who has also played roles in Gavin & Stacey and Foyle's War, appeared alongside former Doctor Who star David Tennant in 2003 film Bright Young Things.

Morgan and Hughes will join series regulars John Barrowman, Eve Myles and new additions Mekhi Phifer, Bill Pullman and Lauren Ambrose.

Torchwood: Miracle Day will air on BBC One in the UK and Starz in the US.

tammyy2j
18-05-2011, 13:50
Torchwood writer Jane Espenson has confirmed that a new online spinoff from the sci-fi drama is in the works.

She revealed on Twitter that Torchwood: Web of Lies will accompany new ten-part series Torchwood: Miracle Day when it airs in July.

"There is going to be Torchwood web content," she wrote. "So in addition to [the television series] there is Torchwood: Web of Lies. Enjoy all the [Torchwood] brands!"

In subsequent posts, Espenson also hinted heavily that actress Eliza Dushku will star in the online series.

"We have faith in Torchwood: Web of Lies," she said. "It's tru; there's an echo of my past work in [this spinoff]."

Dushku previously played the character of Faith in Buffy the Vampire Slayer. She also starred as Tru Davies in Fox's Tru Calling and portrayed Echo in sci-fi drama Dollhouse. Espenson worked as a writer and producer on all three series.

tammyy2j
18-05-2011, 13:50
Three new guest stars have been confirmed for the upcoming fourth series of Torchwood.

Starz has announced that Nana Visitor, Mare Winningham and Frances Fisher will all appear in the new ten-part run, subtitled Miracle Day.

A press release from the cable network also confirms the previously-reported involvement of Seinfeld's Wayne Knight, The Hitcher's C. Thomas Howell, Ghostbusters star Ernie Hudson and Star Trek's John De Lancie.

Visitor is best known for her role as Kira Nerys in Star Trek: Deep Space Nine and also starred in ABC Family drama Wildfire. In addition, she has had guest roles on Battlestar Galactica, CSI and Frasier.

Winningham recently starred in five-part HBO mini-series Mildred Pierce opposite Kate Winslet and has also featured in episodes of Criminal Minds, 24 and CSI: NY, while Titanic star Fisher has appeared on The Shield, Sons of Anarchy and Private Practice.

Torchwood series regulars John Barrowman, Eve Myles and Kai Owen will also appear in Miracle Day alongside new regular cast members Mekhi Phifer, Bill Pullman, Alexa Havins, Arlene Tur and recurring guest star Lauren Ambrose.

The series will air on BBC One in the UK and Starz in the US.

JustJodi
19-05-2011, 12:02
SOUNDS JUST GREAT,,, July 1st can not get here soon enough,,, glad BBC 1 bagged this terrific series ....

Perdita
27-06-2011, 18:52
Torchwood: Miracle Day will premiere in the UK on July 14, the BBC has confirmed.

A spokesperson recently confirmed that the first episode of the ten-part sci-fi drama will air in a Thursday night slot at 9pm.

The series, a co-production between the BBC and cable network Starz, will premiere in the US six days earlier, on Friday, July 8.

Torchwood: Miracle Day will star series regulars John Barrowman and Eve Myles, alongside new cast additions Mekhi Phifer, Bill Pullman and Alexa Havins.

JustJodi
05-07-2011, 14:22
I am so looking forward to this next week Thurs. Wow I see Bill Pullman is in it..hes an American Actor ..he played the President in Independance Day. So excited,, I totally love this show :-)

Perdita
06-07-2011, 10:02
One big cast addition joining Torchwood for new ten-part series Miracle Day is former ER star Mekhi Phifer. The Lie to Me actor plays Rex Matheson, a tough and determined CIA agent who becomes caught up in a global conspiracy and is soon matching wits with Captain Jack Harkness. Tube Talk and a few other journos caught up with Mekhi earlier this year while Torchwood was filming in Cardiff to chat about Rex, romance and rabid fans!

SPOILERS AHEAD!

Were you aware of Torchwood before signing up for Miracle Day?
"Not really. When I was approached about the role, they sent me five episodes and I watched them all in one sitting. I fell in love with the show, and then I met with [executive producers] Russell [T. Davies] and Julie [Gardner], and I fell in love with them! So now here I am."

What can you reveal about your character?
"My character's name is Rex Matheson. He's a CIA agent, pretty rambunctious in his own way. Basically he gets injured, and he's on the case to try and find out what this whole phenomenon about nobody dying is all about. He's doing his own investigation, with his assistant Esther (Alexa Havins). Gwen and Jack's names come up, and then I'm compelled to go to the UK to extradite them back to the United States, so that the CIA can interrogate them and find out what the devil's going on here!"

What were your first impressions of the Miracle Day script?
"I loved it. Being that the BBC has partnered up with the Starz network, it does have a lot of edge to it. Starz is one of our premium cable networks in the States, so it allows us to have a little bit more leeway when it comes to the characters, the subject matter and the things that the audience will see."

Torchwood is known for killing off lead characters. Are you nervous about Rex's fate?
"No, not really. They've written basically the whole season, and I haven't been killed yet! We'll see what happens, but I'm having a great time, I'm loving the character and I'm loving everybody here. It's exciting to finally shoot here in the UK. I've never shot here before, so this is a great thing."

Did you have to train for your action scenes on Torchwood?
"No, I didn't have to have that. I've done that many times with other films and on television, and then I myself go to the gun range back in California. So I know how to shoot guns!"

Will we see a romance between Rex and Esther?
"I think she does have a little bit of a crush on me! I do have another love interest that I deal with - Dr. Vera Juarez (Arlene Tur)."

What is Rex's relationship like with Jack and Gwen?
"Well when I first come, they hate me, and vice versa! I don't like them either. But then something happens when we get back to the States that forces us to become a team and my character becomes a part of Torchwood ultimately. We're all working together to figure this whole thing out. That's the development of the characters - we get to like each other more and more. I haven't read all the scripts, but I've seen in some of the scripts that we spend a lot of time together."

Are you aware of Torchwood's cult following - the conventions and so on?
"That's fine. [A convention] seems like fun, and if I get to go with this bunch, it's great! I love all of these guys - they're all really nice people and welcoming. I've never been to a convention, so that would be pretty interesting, to see people dressed up in costume and asking you all kinds of questions you don't know the answers to!"

Are you a science fiction fan?
"I do like sci-fi, absolutely. I've watched everything from Star Trek to Star Wars to Terminator - the list goes on and on. But I'm a fan of good material, good acting and good company."

Have you seen any Doctor Who?
"I haven't, but Julie [Gardner]'s going to get me a whole DVD boxset! I asked to see when John's character [Captain Jack] comes on there, to get to see that development of who he is, and Eve's character [Gwen] as well. I look forward to it!"

How long was the break between finishing on Lie to Me and starting on Torchwood?
"I finished Lie to Me in May. It's cancelled now, but I'd [already] decided now to come back for the third season. Then I did two films back-to-back, and [Torchwood] came up about 3 weeks after my last film. I knew I was going to be on the show before the Christmas break, so it was nice to know that I was going to be coming into a job and working with some great people."

How does working on Torchwood compare to something like Lie to Me or ER?
"Well, they were all great productions, and this is another great production. This is big though. We're doing a lot of big stuff - helicopter chases, bazookas, car chases. [There's] cars crashing into buildings, and people fighting and getting killed! It's just different. I've never done sci-fi on this level, especially on television, so it's definitely an interesting process."

Would you be interested in returning to Torchwood or is this a one-off?
"No, I would definitely be interested. It's a great show. We also shoot a lot on the Warner Bros. lot, which is where we used to shoot ER. We actually shoot on the same stage where we used to shoot ER, which is really ironic. It's not too far from my home and it's always sunny, so it's a great place to be."

Torchwood: Miracle Day premieres on July 8 on Starz in the US and on July 14 on BBC One in the UK.

Perdita
14-07-2011, 13:26
Thursday 4 August
9.00-10.00pm BBC ONE
www.bbc.co.uk/torchwood

Gwen (Eve Myles) and Captain Jack (John Barrowman) go to California

The fight against PhiCorp takes the Torchwood team to California, where a trap is waiting, while Oswald and Jilly find themselves with an enemy of their own.

Perdita
14-07-2011, 13:31
Thursday 28 July
9.00-10.00pm BBC ONE
www.bbc.co.uk/torchwood

Torchwood goes on the run – and finds a new enemy. But as they launch a raid on PhiCorp headquarters, Jack must confront the mysterious Oswald Danes.

Perdita
14-07-2011, 13:33
Thursday 21 July
9.00-10.00pm BBC ONE
www.bbc.co.uk/torchwood

As the Torchwood team is reunited, Jack realises he's the most vulnerable man on Earth; and a flight to the USA turns into a desperate battle for survival.

Abbie
06-08-2011, 19:17
Im really enjoying this series, although some scenes I just have to turn away a little.

Slightly annoyed it airs in America first

Trinity
16-09-2011, 16:48
Got a wee bit predictable towards the end. Guessed the blood thing, and also that Rex would become immortal. Still, really enjoyed the series and the american aspect only added to that.

Abbie
17-09-2011, 22:36
I agree it was predicable with the end outcome but still enjoyed it, although I do think it dragged a little in the middle