PDA

View Full Version : Vexed

tammyy2j
02-06-2010, 10:21
Vexed follows Kate and Jack, a police detective duo with real chemistry. Bright, sexy and funny, their personal lives are as complicated as the crimes they investigate.

They may be cops but Jack and Kate suffer the same frustrations, pre-occupations and insecurities as the rest of us. Always on the move or in their unofficial office, the local cafe opposite the police station where the coffee and gossip are better, their cases say something about modern life in an entertaining way.

The premise of this new comedy sounds terribly cheesy - but the early trailer we've seen suggests it could actually be a lot of fun. It appears to contain cheeky jokes and well-executed slapstick and, thankfully, doesn't take itself too seriously.

It's written by Howard Overman who created the hit E4 series Misfits, and is brought to the screen by Psychoville director Matt Lipsey - hence we have high hopes Vexed will deliver some funnyness to our screens when it arrives on BBC Two soon. It stars
Toby Stephens and Lucy Punch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKON3jMHy0Y

tammyy2j
15-08-2010, 16:14
Starts tonight on BBC 2 at 9pm

tammyy2j
20-01-2012, 14:00
BBC Two today announced that shooting has begun on series two of detective comedy Vexed, starring Toby Stephens who reprises his role as D.I. Jack Armstrong, paired with Miranda Raison who plays newly promoted D.I. Georgina Dixon.

Vexed is being filmed in Dublin and comprises six 60-minute episodes to air later this year. The series is created by Howard Overman with episodes written by Chris Bucknall, James Wood, Steve Coombes and Harry & Jack Williams.

Chris Sussman, Executive Producer for the BBC, said: "We're very much looking forward to the return of Vexed. The second series promises to be just as much fun as the first, and with Miranda Raison joining Toby Stephens as new partner D.I. Dixon, we're hoping it's going to be all guns blazing."

Perdita
02-08-2012, 22:21
Wednesday 22 August
9.00-10.00pm
BBC TWO

When the leading contestant in a TV amateur chef competition is found dead, Georgina is sent undercover to replace her - but quickly finds that her competitive side is threatening to get in the way of solving the case. Meanwhile Jack is determined to use Georgina’s newly found culinary skills to help woo the hot new woman in his life, in a modern twist on Cyrano de Bergerac.
The detective comedy drama continues starring Toby Stephens and Miranda Raison as unconventional police detectives Jack Armstrong and Georgina Dixon.

Perdita
09-08-2012, 13:01
Ep 5/6

Wednesday 29 August
9.00-10.00pm
BBC TWO

Jack and Georgie are sent to a popular local primary school to solve the gruesome murder of the headmaster. But just as the duo think they’ve cracked the case and prepare to take it to the Old Bailey, they realize that the facts don’t quite add up.
Georgina is also fretting over her parents’ divorce, while Jack finds the yummy mummies at the school hard to resist.

The detective comedy drama continues starring Toby Stephens and Miranda Raison as unconventional police detectives Jack Armstrong and Georgina Dixon.

Perdita
09-08-2012, 13:01
Ep 5/6

Wednesday 29 August
9.00-10.00pm
BBC TWO

Jack and Georgie are sent to a popular local primary school to solve the gruesome murder of the headmaster. But just as the duo think they’ve cracked the case and prepare to take it to the Old Bailey, they realize that the facts don’t quite add up.
Georgina is also fretting over her parents’ divorce, while Jack finds the yummy mummies at the school hard to resist.

JustJodi
09-08-2012, 14:14
I really really really have enjoyed the show,,,, I look forward to Wednesday nights,, usually I spend all my time on the computer on Wednesday cos there is not much of any thing on TV on Wednesday nights,, this is a great show :-)

lizann
09-08-2012, 17:41
Is that Maggie Smith's son in the lead role?

Dazzle
09-08-2012, 18:17
Is that Maggie Smith's son in the lead role?

Yeah, Toby Stephens is Maggie Smith's son.

Dazzle
09-08-2012, 18:17

Perdita
16-08-2012, 05:29
Wednesday 5 September
9.00-10.00pm
BBC TWO

Jack and Georgina investigate a violent robbery at a family-run jeweller and get a glimpse into a world of diamonds and romance. While Georgina isn’t impressed by the stones she does find a romance of her own, as she enters the complicated world of internet dating. Jack’s relationship problems are with his brother, who has unexpectedly asked him to be his best man.
The final part in the current series of the detective comedy drama, starring Toby Stephens and Miranda Raison as unconventional police detectives Jack Armstrong and Georgina Dixon.