PDA

View Full Version : EastEnders to End

.:SpIcYsPy:.
11-06-2005, 18:44
Apparently EastEnders is going to end at Christmas time (end of year) if ratings don't get any better. Source: from my friend and she says she heard it form the radio. I seriously don't believe her maybe coz im so much in love with EastEnders but I really doubt it. Has anyone else heard this? She says her close friends and her family have heard this too. Sorry but this sounds a but unbelivable.
Or is it.... oh no... don't go there Spicy!!

di marco
11-06-2005, 18:46
i dont think it will as its ratings are getting slightly better and its storylines are improving. even if it doesnt get as many viewers back as it once had, its still the 2nd most watched soap at the mo and by far the highest rating programme on the bbc so i dont think theyd axe it

melanielovesdennisrickman
11-06-2005, 19:04
Hiya!!!!!
In Heat Magazine You Can Read Every Week How Many Viewers Every Tv Programm Gets,And EastEndeRs Has Had More Viewers Than Corrie Every Week For A While Now,It's Not A Big Difference,But It Shows That They Are Only Going Up At The Moment!!!!!

Love
:heart: Melanie :heart:

Carrie Bradshaw
11-06-2005, 19:14
[QUOTE=melanielovesdennisrickman]Hiya!!!!!
In Heat Magazine You Can Read Every Week How Many Viewers Every Tv Programm Gets,And EastEndeRs Has Had More Viewers Than Corrie Every Week For A While Now,It's Not A Big Difference,But It Shows That They Are Only Going Up At The Moment!!!!!QUOTE]
I agree the ratings are going up but in Heat they combine the ratings for the most watched weeknight episode and the omnibus for eastenders. Corrie doesn't have an omnibus on terrestrial so its not included. So, technically corrie does have higher viewing figures if you look at the episodes seperately.
Hopefully this will change soon though - I don't even watch Coronation Street!

11-06-2005, 19:22
Hiya!!!!!
Oh,Okay,I Hope That EastEndeRs Will Get Higher Viewers Than Corrie Soon Too Though,Because EastEndeRs Is Absolutely The Best Soap Ever!!!!!

Love

Treacle
11-06-2005, 19:23
The ratings on EE are fine, it's the 2nd most popular programme on TV. I have contacted the BBC about this and will let you all know how I get on.

11-06-2005, 19:30
How Do You Contact The BBC????!!!!!

Treacle
11-06-2005, 19:40
I e-mail them, I try to get as many rumours sent off as possible to see whether or not they're met with denial.

11-06-2005, 19:48
Hiya!!!!!
That's Great!!!!!
Do You Post The Spoilers On Here When You Get Them?????

Love

Treacle
11-06-2005, 19:54
If I discover the truth about something I end the discussion. I really cannot see this one being true but I'll wait and see.

Bryan
11-06-2005, 19:54
it would be a national outrage if they tried to axe eastenders

14 million fans would protest down in bbc's hq in london, along with others who respect long-term tv history!

as ive said many times before what would bbc replace it woith? repeats of fools n horses/keeping up appearances or a nature show with bill oddie? nether would get even half the ratings that enders does.

enders shall live forever...

... if corrie has lasted 40 years so will enders, how boring was corrie for many years until recently?

bondboffin

11-06-2005, 20:05
Hiya!!!!!
Yeah,I Know,I Mean EastEndeRs Is The Most Watched BBC Program,So They Do Not Have Any Reason To Axe It!!!!!
And If They Ever Do I Will Sit In Front Of The BBC Studios Untill They Put It Back On Our Screens Again,LOL!!!!!

Love

Georgie
11-06-2005, 20:30
there is no way they would cancel easties its not just a tv progam its a parrell universe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

.:SpIcYsPy:.
12-06-2005, 09:46
I had a massive fight against her saying that she's lying and everything... I knew it all along.

di marco
12-06-2005, 10:01
I had a massive fight against her saying that she's lying and everything... I knew it all along.

she was prob just trying to wind you up

Babe14
12-06-2005, 10:24
I don't believe a word of it and in my own opinion I think that it is just another one of those silly Easties rumours which are going about at the mo.

I back this up with:

The Stars when interviewed say they are very happy and things are good

Contracts go on into 2006

Bringing back old characters and offering wadges of cash

Ross Kemp has been offered work in 2006

They are bringing in a lot of new characters

There is talk of Easties being sexed up:)

If the money factor is the reason behind it, then stop paying ridiculous amounts of cash to stars and invest it into the storylines etc.

Also I think that the episodes would be cut back first.

Treacle
13-06-2005, 18:01
I have contacted official sources and have been met with denial on 2 seperate instances.

I am now going to confirm to you members that there is absolutely no truth whatsoever in these rumours.

Closing :)