PDA

View Full Version : The Cape

tammyy2j
18-05-2010, 11:50
Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxHY9chLYic

tammyy2j
18-05-2010, 11:50
Vinnie Jones has revealed that he has just finished work on a new pilot.

The Cape, an action hero show for NBC, features ER star David Lyons as a policeman who is framed for a crime and takes on an alter-ego in an attempt to clear his name.

"I think it's the second-highest budget for a pilot of all time," Jones told What's On TV. "It's like £10 million ($15 million) or something.

"I've just finished the pilot actually. [It's] an action hero TV show for NBC and I think I wore myself out there all week."

He added: "I play Scales. I have all this stuff on my face and it is really good!"

tammyy2j
10-06-2010, 14:31
Vinnie Jones has reportedly become a series regular on The Cape.

The show, which was picked up by NBC last month, follows a police officer who is framed for a crime and becomes a masked hero in an attempt to clear his name.

Jones has previously revealed that he worked on the pilot but The Hollywood Reporter says that he has now been promoted to a full-time character.

He will play Scales, a criminal whose skin condition makes it look like he has green and gold scales.

The role will be the first regular television part for Jones, who appeared on Celebrity Big Brother earlier this year.

lizann
11-06-2010, 14:25
It looks good

tammyy2j
11-08-2010, 10:17
The Cape creator Thomas Wheeler has revealed details of the superhero drama's first season.

In a post on fan forum Orwell Boards, he explained that forthcoming episodes would introduce new villains and explore the past of Max Malini (Keith David).

"So far this terrific writing team is surpassing my wildest expectations," wrote Wheeler. "We've broken a number of episodes already and they're all so different."

He continued: "Episode 2 sort of takes the themes of the pilot to a much deeper, richer place and delivers our newest rogue Bluebeard. Episode 3 is a creepy treasure hunt that unearths a number of Palm City secrets. We'll also get a glimpse into the origin of a major upcoming villain, The Lich. In Episode 4 we learn a lot more about Max Malini and the sometimes bloody history of The Cape."

The writer added that he wanted all of the 'powers' featured in the series "to have some basis in reality".

"The general rule of this show is that it's a no-powers, costumed crime-drama," he said.

The Cape - which stars David Lyons and Summer Glau - is expected to air on NBC during the 2010-2011 television season as a midseason replacement.

Perdita
23-08-2010, 13:28
It does look quite good :)

tammyy2j
25-08-2010, 10:55
The Cape creator Thomas Wheeler has promised that the forthcoming superhero drama will feature a memorable lineup of villains.

He told SFX that he is keen for foes such as Scales (Vinnie Jones) to recur throughout the series.

"What I want to do is create a classic rogues' gallery, the kind [that] Spider-Man and Batman have," he explained. "We have great villains right now with Vinnie Jones and James Frain (Chess). That alone will keep us busy. But the goal is to over time earn your guys so you really want those characters to come back."

He added that the Cape's band of allies would also expand beyond investigative blogger Orwell (Summer Glau).

"Orwell's sort of a superhero herself," he admitted. "The two of them are going to be good partners. But in the distance, there are plans for other people, inspired by the Cape, to show up."

The Cape - which stars David Lyons as the titular hero - is expected to air on NBC during the 2010-2011 television season as a midseason replacement.

tammyy2j
13-12-2010, 16:37
The Cape star James Frain has revealed details of his role as the villainous Chess.

The actor told Collider that the murderous character would not be "excessive" or "larger than life".

"With my guy, every now and then, he puts on a mask and does that [sort of thing], but he isn't [just] that," explained Frain. "Most of the time that we see him, he's fun to hang around with. I think that's unusual."

He continued: "There's something attractive about my character. He's fun loving. But then he has this unfortunate habit of dressing up as this crazy character and being completely psychotic. That is unfortunate, and I think he's probably not going to be able to kick that habit."

Frain also suggested that much of his character's back-story is still being developed by the show's writers.

"There's a lot of big storytelling on The Cape and there's a lot of things that they're throwing up in the air, to come back to in later episodes," he explained. "It's very open. What happens is that, in doing a show like this, you find out who the character is as they write it, and they're finding out as well."

He concluded: "It's an ongoing thing [but] I have my own sense of who he is."

The Cape will launch with a two-hour premiere on January 9. The first episode will be repeated in the show's regular timeslot at 9/8c the following Monday.

tammyy2j
06-01-2011, 17:12
Mena Suvari and Elliot Gould will both appear in forthcoming episodes of NBC drama The Cape.

Creator Thomas Wheeler told CapeSite that Suvari will play a character known as Dice.

"The Mena Suvari episode... is almost tipping into sci-fi a little bit," he revealed. "But again, this is a non-supernatural show, but we sort of flirt [with science-fiction] and push the envelope in some ways."

Wheeler praised the strength of the show's scripts for attracting "wonderful" guest stars.

"We have Elliot Gould coming up," he confirmed. "There are some really fun, interesting actors and... we're doing a lot of work on the writing side to make sure the scripts are fun, and with characters that are fun to play [and] that are different, with strong dialogue."

Other actors confirmed for guest roles on the show include Illeana Douglas, Chad Lindberg and Izabella Miko.

The Cape will launch with a two-hour premiere on January 9. The first episode will be repeated in the show's regular timeslot at 9/8c the following Monday.