PDA

View Full Version : Outcasts

Perdita
13-05-2010, 08:36
The BBC has commissioned a new eight-part sci-fi series from Ashes To Ashes producer Kudos.

Outcasts follows a diverse group of people who are living in a small town on a fictional planet that has been colonised by humans. These pioneers are helping build a new community far away from their loved ones and are optimistic about their future, but the planet holds many mysteries which threaten to destroy the fragile peace.

The cast includes Hermione Norris (Spooks), Danny Mays (Ashes To Ashes), Eric Mabius (Ugly Betty), Jamie Bamber (Battlestar Galactica) and Ashley Walters (Small Island).

The series is currently being filmed in South Africa for transmission in the Autumn on BBC One.

Sounds good :)

tammyy2j
13-05-2010, 12:48
Jamie Bamber wil have me watching he is so hot

tammyy2j
10-08-2010, 17:50
The executive producer of upcoming BBC space drama Outcasts has revealed that the show will portray humanity in a positive light.

Speaking at the Television Critics Association press tour, Ben Richards explained that the series was inspired by the Steven Hawking quote: "If humanity is to survive we have to reach for the stars."

"The idea is that there is hope for humanity and there is the potential for survival," said Richards. "One of the books I particularly hate is Lord of the Flies because it suggests humans are inherently evil and children are filled with original sin and I don't believe that. I wanted to tell a story where humans are neither good nor bad, they're just human."

He added that the programme would be more grounded than other sci-fi series such as Battlestar Galactica.

"We don't have the kind of aerial battles you see in early episodes of Battlestar," he explained. "It's a couple of notches down from the level of sci-fi in [that show]."

Jamie Bamber, who played Lee 'Apollo' Adama in Battlestar, will appear in Outcasts, alongside Ugly Betty actor Eric Mabius and Clash of the Titans star Liam Cunningham.

lizann
02-02-2011, 20:12
This is starting the 7th of February at 9pm on BBC 1

tammyy2j
16-02-2011, 16:14
BBC1 drama Outcasts is being moved to a Sunday night slot following disappointing ratings.
The drama, about a group of people from Earth setting up a new life on a fictional planet, stars Hermione Norris and launched in a Monday night 9pm slot on February 7.
Its opening episode pulled in more than 4 million viewers, but last night’s programme only managed to attract 2.6 million.
Following next week’s episode, which will remain in the Monday night slot, the series will be shown on Sundays at 10.25pm.

Dazzle
16-02-2011, 16:52
I'm disappointed in Outcasts - it's not nearly as good as it could have been.

Chloe O'brien
16-02-2011, 17:41
No chance of a second series then.

tammyy2j
16-02-2011, 18:22
I'm disappointed in Outcasts - it's not nearly as good as it could have been.

Me too especially when Jamie Bamber's character was killed 1st episode