PDA

View Full Version : Accused (New Drama frm Jimmy McGovern)

lizann
11-05-2010, 19:49
Christopher Eccleston is being reunited with Cracker creator Jimmy McGovern for a new BBC One crime drama.

McGovern's new six-part series Accused also features Pirates Of The Caribbean and The Office actor Mackenzie Crook.

Each separate hour-long story tells how a character accused of a crime came to be in the dock.

Former Doctor Who Eccleston plays a plumber and lapsed Catholic who fails to be a faithful husband, while Crook's episode sees him portray a soldier described as "a man you need on your side".

Chris - who played the Time Lord before David Tennant - recently said that he wanted to take on more comedy roles to surprise everyone and himself.

He and McGovern previously worked together on powerful dramas Cracker and Hillsborough, while the new series also reunites the creative team behind BBC One hit The Street.

McGovern said: "It's great to work with Chris again and I've often tried in the past to get Mackenzie into something of mine.

"And, needless to say it's wonderful to reunite the team that made The Street."

The further four episodes of Accused will be filmed in and around Manchester until the end of August and other cast members are yet to be announced.

moonstorm
12-05-2010, 08:29
This looks brilliant - can't wait to see it.

Katy
12-05-2010, 18:14
yay, McGovern is brilliant, i cant wait.

moonstorm
12-05-2010, 20:23
Looks a very good cast too!

Siobhan
13-05-2010, 09:37
It has mcGovern and the rest of the street cast so it is bound to be fantastic... so much looking forward to this

Chloe O'brien
13-05-2010, 10:03
It's bound to be an award winner with McGovern and Ecclestone.

tammyy2j
13-05-2010, 17:26
Should be top class drama for bbc 1

Siobhan
20-07-2010, 17:12
Did I miss this or has it not been out yet?

Perdita
20-07-2010, 17:48
Don't think it has been shown yet

Perdita
02-11-2010, 09:21
Day and time to be confirmed BBC ONE
www.bbc.co.uk/drama

Christopher Eccleston stars in Accused, the first in a series of six new, powerful dramas written by Jimmy McGovern. Each story is about an ordinary person who ends up in the dock.

Willy is a man in turmoil. He does his best; he's a good plumber and a loving father, but he fails to be a faithful husband.

At the very moment Willy's about to drop the bombshell on his wife, Carmel, his daughter Laura arrives home and announces she's getting married. Willy's guilty secret must wait.

Shortly afterwards Willy's family are out for a celebratory dinner with Laura's well-to-do prospective in-laws. He insists on paying for everything and is humiliated when his bank card is refused. It transpires that he hasn't been paid for his last job because the company is bankrupt.

Having been comfortable for years, Willy is now worried about money. But his pride won't allow him to change what are becoming elaborate and costly wedding plans.

What's more, Willy's infidelity is getting to him and, as pressure from all sides mounts, his behaviour becomes increasingly erratic. In a moment of despair he seeks solace in a local church, but ignores the priest's straightforward advice.

When his car breaks down Willy takes a cab and finds something on the back seat that might be the answer to his prayers – or the beginning of his downfall.

But events rapidly spiral against him and Willy ends up in the dock. Now he awaits the jury's verdict. What will they decide? Guilty or innocent?

Willy is played by Christopher Eccleston, Carmel by Pooky Quesnel, Laura by Joanna Higson and the priest by Rod Arthur.

Mackenzie Crook, Juliet Stevenson, Peter Capaldi, Andy Serkis, Marc Warren, Naomie Harris, Warren Brown and, in his first leading role, Ben Smith, each star in one of the remaining episodes.

Chloe O'brien
02-11-2010, 09:45
I think this may start in a couple of weeks when Spooks fininsh. The trailers are looking good.

Siobhan
02-11-2010, 10:06
I think this may start in a couple of weeks when Spooks fininsh. The trailers are looking good.

so excited about this.. if it is even remotely like the street, it will be fantastic

Perdita
02-11-2010, 14:20
Monday 22 November
9.00-10.00pm BBC ONE
www.bbc.co.uk/drama

Mackenzie Crook and Ben Smith star in AccusedBen Smith and Ben Batt star alongside Mackenzie Crook in Accused, an unflinching drama by Jimmy McGovern about two young friends who join the army where they learn that not obeying orders has deadly consequences.

Twenty-year-old Frankie Nash is back in Britain awaiting the verdict of the jury following his trial at Crown Court. He is strangely quiet and stoic considering the gravity of the charge against him.

Some months earlier, Frankie and his best mate Peter McShane are out on the town and up for it. But their bravado ends in a fight and they are arrested. Peter, a champion amateur boxer, is about to follow in his father's, Peter McShane Senior, footsteps and join the army. To avoid a prison sentence, Frankie decides to do the same.

Deployed to Afghanistan, they come under attack by the Taliban. In a terrifying skirmish and, in a life-or-death situation, Peter is so petrified that he can't return fire. He has endangered the lives of his comrades and Lance Corporal Buckley has seen everything – McShane is now a marked man.

Buckley summarily makes McShane the "camp bitch", systematically terrorising him and ordering his peers to do likewise. Mortified, Frankie begs Peter to get out and home, but Peter says he can't disappoint his father. The bullying reaches extreme levels and Buckley forces Frankie to humiliate and betray his friend.

The subsequent events are dire for everyone and ultimately result in Frankie's trial. What will the judgment be and are there any mitigating circumstances?

Perdita
03-11-2010, 11:50
The first programme airs Monday 15 November, 09.00-10.00pm BBC ONE

Chloe O'brien
03-11-2010, 14:37
Yeah thought it would fill Spooks space.

Perdita
05-11-2010, 14:38
Monday 29 November
9.00-10.00pm BBC ONE
www.bbc.co.uk/drama

Juliet Stevenson and Peter Capaldi star in Accused, a heart-rending drama about fortitude and endless love, written by Alice Nutter and Jimmy McGovern.

As Helen Ryland is led up to the dock there is a defiant look in her eye. Nothing can hurt her now.

Some months earlier, primary school teacher Helen sends her son, Rob, off to his first day of temping work at a local factory, Maxfields. Tragically he is fatally injured in his first hour at work. Yet it is only later that night that Helen and her husband, Frank, learn that their only child is dead.

Utterly bereft, the Rylands go to Maxfields to find out what happened. However, while the owner, Alan Maxfield, is sympathetic, he is evasive about the details of the accident. Helen goes to see another boy, Michael Lang, who started work with Rob that fateful day. She wants to hear his version of events. But Michael and his wife, Leanne, are evasive and troubled by Helen's questions.

Helen knows something is wrong. With great fortitude and courage she decides to find out the truth and quash the invidious suggestion that Rob was somehow to blame for his own death. Frank is consumed by grief and sinks into depression but Helen fights on.

Time drags and Helen and Frank are worn down by the legal process of trying to get someone to accept responsibility for the death of their son. Increasingly incensed, Helen strikes out at the factory owner, committing a serious crime.

Helen has looked the jury in the eye and told them her story. Will they convict her?

Chloe O'brien
05-11-2010, 14:40
Oh this looks bloody good.

Siobhan
05-11-2010, 14:47
Oh this looks bloody good.

I am really excited about this starting.. normally I'm a celeb would take over everything but this is getting piority!!

Katy
05-11-2010, 14:53
I cannot wait for this!

Perdita
11-11-2010, 13:56
Monday 6 December
9.00-10.00pm BBC ONE
www.bbc.co.uk/drama

Andy Serkis stars in this week's episode of Accused, an intense drama about a cab driver who is desperate to escape his life, written by Danny Brocklehurst and Jimmy McGovern.

As Liam Black walks to the dock to hear his fate he feels the depth of hatred and heartbreak directed right at him from those he loves. How did it come to this?

Liam has always been a cab driver but his inveterate gambling has become a way of escaping the limitations and stresses of his life and marriage. One day he takes Emma Croft to the airport and is smitten by her. She's young and vivacious. He gives her his card and says ring anytime; he really means it.

As usual Liam is skint but needs a present for his daughter, Katy, who has just got into a good school to do her A-levels. Opportunistically, he breaks into Emma's empty flat and steals her laptop as well as a necklace, which he presents to his daughter.

But his infatuation with Emma has begun to turn into something more compulsive and dangerous. When Emma calls from the airport, distressed having heard from her mother that she's been burgled, the opportunity has arisen for him to inveigle his way into Emma's life. Immediately, Liam sets about making himself indispensable to her.

It's a proud occasion for the Blacks. Liam and his wife, Roz, who has multiple sclerosis, accompany their daughter to the smart new school she's about to attend. Liam tells everyone how much he wants his daughter to be successful, unlike him.

But Liam's fixation with Emma is becoming obsessive. He invents a new history for himself, which she believes. When he discovers that her boyfriend, Neil, is not all he seems, Liam connives to breaks them up, but all too soon the uncontrollable impulses driving Liam result in tragedy.

Now Liam is in the dock; will the jury find him guilty as charged?

Perdita
16-11-2010, 14:44
Monday 13 December
9.00-10.00pm BBC ONE
www.bbc.co.uk/drama

Kenny (Marc Warren) is in the dockFamily man Kenny Armstrong works at the local crematorium and now he's in the dock because he acted against his better judgment, in a drama full of complicated moral dilemmas written by Esther Wilson and Jimmy McGovern.

Kenny leads an ordinary life with his wife and children. Then one seemingly normal afternoon turns into a nightmare. The Armstrongs' daughter, Chloe, has been attacked by a man in the local park.

Fuelled with self-righteous outrage, Kenny – along with his friends, brothers Gordon and Neil Richmond – races off to search the park and find the culprit. Chloe has said that the man was wearing blue shorts and had a dog.

The men find the man described and set upon him, seriously injuring him. Kenny is horrified by the ferocity of the brothers' attack and the violence they have all perpetuated. By the time he gets home his wife Donna has called the police. They ask where he's been. Awkwardly, he lies, saying he's just been for a drink with his friends to numb the shock.

Later, the terrible consequences of the friends' action become apparent. Kenny is filled with doubts and remorse and wants to do the right thing and tell the police the truth. However, Gordon and Neil are adamant – they must keep their nerve and say nothing. Given the information they had wouldn't any parent do the same?

Now the three friends are in the dock. But Kenny has confessed and the brothers have not. So who will be convicted on the evidence presented?

Katy
17-11-2010, 07:13
amazing! certainly wasnt a dissapointment, Eccleston was great.

Siobhan
17-11-2010, 09:14
amazing! certainly wasnt a dissapointment, Eccleston was great.

I have it recorded.. will watch it tomorrow... I am looking forward to it

Chloe O'brien
17-11-2010, 09:30
I won't spoil it for you Shiv, but Mr Eccleston did not disapoint us.

Siobhan
17-11-2010, 09:37
I won't spoil it for you Shiv, but Mr Eccleston did not disapoint us.

Just want to know.. is it as good as The Street???

Katy
17-11-2010, 20:32
i think so! different, but equally as good. I thought it was very very clever, with little things that kept popping up! hope ye enjoy it.

Perdita
22-11-2010, 12:02
BBC ONE
www.bbc.co.uk/drama

Alison (Naomie Harris) relationship with Ben (Andrew Knott) growsMother-of-two Alison Wade is in the dock and facing serious charges. She's in a state of shock and disbelief, in the final gritty drama by Jimmy McGovern.

Alison works at a special needs care centre. She's married to David and they adore their two young children, Hannah and Tom. But their relationship is under strain. David's been made redundant and is now looking after the children full time.

Alison has a growing relationship with Ben, a work colleague. When she is due to go away on a weekend course Alison has a drink with Ben instead, misses her train and spends the time with him. Once home it becomes obvious she has not been away on the course.

David and Alison struggle on but doubts about her faithfulness are always there. Bitterness and recriminations grow. They reach a head when Alison returns home one night after blatantly going for a drink with Ben; David commits a heinous crime against his wife.

She tells him to leave and he returns to his father, Gordon's, house. But the Wades' feud has only just begun. David's bereft when separated from daily contact with his children. Gordon, a police sergeant, hates seeing his son's heartbreak, and before long the two have conspired against Alison – but can she fight back and who will get custody of the children?

Now the jury has heard incriminating evidence against her but will it stand up?

Siobhan
22-11-2010, 13:16
Finally got to see this on Friday.. it is amazing.. recording tonight's one as I am away

Perdita
22-11-2010, 13:28
BBC defends Accused army bullying drama

A controversial BBC drama which explores bullying among British troops in Afghanistan will be broadcast tonight despite heavy criticism from senior army staff.

Part of a six-part series on the theme of crime and punishment, Accused, by Jimmy McGovern, follows a lance corporal who encourages bullying within his unit in a bid to transform them into killers. This leads to one of the young soldiers portrayed in the drama committing suicide.

Chief of the general staff General Sir Peter Wall complained to BBC director general Mark Thompson, labelling the drama “deeply offensive” and “distasteful” to serving soldiers and their families, adding that the programme was “misleading and inaccurate”.

Colonel Tim Collins also criticised the drama in an interview with the Radio Times, claiming: “there is no point to Accused except to try to shock”. He also added that he was worried “the parents and partners of soldiers serving in Afghanistan will regard this as in some way believable”.

The BBC has, however, emphasised that Accused is a work of fiction and that it did not intend to offend those serving in Afghanistan, with a spokesperson for the corporation quoted as saying: “In the promotion of this new drama series by award-winning writer Jimmy McGovern, it has been made clear that Accused is a work of fiction. It is in no way an attempt to denigrate the servicemen and women of the British army.”

Liverpudlian Jimmy McGovern is the Bafta-winning scriptwriter behind Cracker and Hillsborough and, in defence of Accused, he said: “As a dramatist I was interested in exploring how soldiers have to be of a certain mindset to kill. It is not my intention to slur British soldiers, for whom I have the greatest respect. At the heart of the drama is my belief in the sanctity of life.”

tammyy2j
22-11-2010, 14:29
Actor Mackenzie Crook today defended the controversial BBC drama Accused, in which he plays a maverick, bullying Army corporal in Afghanistan.

Sir Peter Wall, head of the British Army, yesterday complained to the BBC about the Jimmy McGovern drama, calling it "deeply offensive to all those serving".

Speaking today on BBC Breakfast, Crook said: "I know it was emotive but, it's a piece of fiction, it's a drama, it's not a documentary and we weren't saying 'this is what happens in the Army'. We were saying 'what if this happened?'"

"I realised it was an emotive piece but I was never worried about it because it's a drama."

The Ministry of Defence said Sir Peter, the Chief of the General Staff, believed the episode was offensive to both troops and their families.

A spokesman said: "There are fears that those watching it will believe this is what is really happening to their loved ones.

"We have asked the BBC to make it clear that this is a fictitious programme, is not accurate and that the Army has nothing to do with making it."

alan45
22-11-2010, 23:32
I watched this pile of crap tonight. I thought the whole thing was disgusting. It must have made harrowing viewing for anyone who has a father/son/brother serving in Afghanistan. Not only was it badly written and riddled with inaccuracies but some of the acting was abysmal. Shame on the BBC for showing this. Some of the scenes would have been laughable if the subject wasnt so serious. The coffin scene was a total joke. Not a mark of an entry wound, and the exit wound from a high velocity bullet would have removed half his head. The body which would have been embalmed following the post mortem was limp and showed no signs of a PM having been carried out.

The berets were worn in Frank Spencer style which no self respecting squaddie would ever be seen doing. I could go on but whats the point. It really angers me that this could be called drama but then again when the BBC and Jimmy McGovern are involved I suppose I shouldnt be surprised.

Gritty drama my ar$e. More like SH!TTY drama.

You dont have to agree with the war in Afghanistan to be appalled by this.:angry::angry::angry::angry:

Chloe O'brien
23-11-2010, 12:15
Althought I agree with your inaccuracies. I found the drama compelling and harrowing. All through it I kept thinking does this really go on. Is there a young lad in Afghanistan going through this hell right now. It was controversial and made you think and that was the point of the drama.

alan45
23-11-2010, 12:29
. All through it I kept thinking does this really go on. Is there a young lad in Afghanistan going through this hell right now.

That is my point precisely. How many parents and loved ones are sitting at home thinking that. Its just another worry that they shouldnt have. Personally I dont believe it goes on like that. Yes I have no doubt there are cases of bullying but not to that extent and certainly not in a combat zone. I stick by my view that it was a disgusting play and offensive to many. The scene with the RMP was a complete travesty as well. Complete and utter BULL$HIT

Siobhan
23-11-2010, 13:16
Alan.. they did say it is not based on what goes on in Afganistan

"We have asked the BBC to make it clear that this is a fictitious programme, is not accurate and that the Army has nothing to do with making it." .. was that not said at the start of the program?

alan45
23-11-2010, 14:04
Alan.. they did say it is not based on what goes on in Afganistan

"We have asked the BBC to make it clear that this is a fictitious programme, is not accurate and that the Army has nothing to do with making it." .. was that not said at the start of the program?

If it was then I never heard it.

Had they wanted to make a 'drama' about bullying in the Army then they could have chosen a less sensitive location than Afghanistan. Deepcot for instance.

Perdita
29-11-2010, 12:11
Have you been watching Accused lately? The BBC drama - from The Street scribe Jimmy McGovern - focuses on a different crime and punishment story each week. Oh, and there's an amazing cast. We've already had stars like Christopher Eccleston and Mackenzie Crook, and in tonight's episode Juliet Stevenson, Peter Capaldi and Alfie Allen get involved in a tale of tragedy. The cast also includes Tina O'Brien, so we caught up with her to find out more about the show.

Can you tell us a bit about Accused?
"It's Jimmy McGovern and it works in the same way as The Street, in that it focuses on different characters every week. I'm involved in an episode called 'Helen's Story'."

What's your episode about?
"It's about a woman, Helen [Juliet Stevenson], who has a son and something happened, and she basically wants to get justice - she wants to find out the truth. Within that, I'm playing the part of a young married woman. I'm married to this guy, who's played by Alfie Allen, and he's basically seen something happen, but he's in a very difficult situation and he doesn't know what to do. He doesn't know whether to tell the truth or not because of their financial situation. So they're kind of stuck in a moral dilemma of whether or not they come forward."

What's your character Leanne like?
"She's a sweet girl. She's got it tough really, because they live in quite a rough area and he's out working. She's at home looking after a baby. They just kind of want better because where they're living a lot of the kids are quite rough and quite wild, and they just want a better life for their child."

What's her relationship with Alfie Allen's character Michael like?
"I think they're quite young and in love. We've got a scene where we're in the court at one point and it shows us hugging and kissing and stuff, so yeah, I think they love each other."

You mentioned they're in a bit of a moral dilemma - does their relationship change over the course of the show?
"Well, you don't get to see them really that much together at a couple, which is unfortunate. But the times that you do get to see them together, you can see that they are happy. Just very sort of torn."

Is it quite an emotional drama?
"Yeah, it definitely will be. Just at the read-through, I got a bit upset! I think it definitely will get people. We've got a scene where Helen comes round to the house and she's trying to get Michael to speak to her, and Michael shuts the door in her face. You can't see us, you can see Helen's face, and it's us having an argument behind a closed door. But it was really good. We were both getting really upset. In a way, because there were no cameras on us, it actually felt more real. We were behind the door, screaming and shouting at each other."

Do emotional scenes affect you at all?
"I think at the time you've got to kind of be there. You do think it's real at the time, or you wouldn't be able to do it so convincingly. But as soon as the end of the scene is closed I put that behind me, like, 'Right, that's done, that's off, that's not real'. I think you become very good at making it real at the time but not after!"

What makes Accused different to other crime or legal shows?
"I think it comes at it from a different angle. It's not about whether something's right or wrong, but more whether you empathise with the characters. It's very cleverly done, because I think in TV programmes before, the baddie's always the baddie and the goodie's always the goodie. In this it's so hard to distinguish between who is the baddie and the goodie, because the baddies do it for good reasons and the goodies do it for bad reasons, if that makes sense."

What was it like working on a Jimmy McGovern drama?
"Unbelievable. Even at the read-through, we were all sat around the table and Jimmy McGovern was there, and I was like, 'Wow'. It was like listening to a really, really, really good radio play that had already gone out, just by listening to the read-through, so you could tell it was going to work really well as a drama. Unfortunately, I only had a few days working on it but it was really good fun. Alfie's absolutely lovely, we had a really good time together. I really enjoyed his company."

You were in The Secret Diaries Of Miss Anne Lister which was really well-received, and now you're in Accused. How do you pick your roles?
"I'm just really, really lucky that I'm being put up for really good stuff at the moment. You audition for it and just hope to God that they think you're good enough. A lot of people go forward. Unless you're a really high-end actor, you just have to audition for everything. Unfortunately I'm not at the point where I can go, 'Ooh, I'd like to do this please'! I've just got to audition for everything, and I've been really lucky so far. I've been getting some really good stuff."

Obviously you were in Coronation Street for ages and now you're doing one-off dramas - which do you prefer?
"Gosh! I think I like them both in different ways because all of it I'm just getting to act. For me, I think working on Coronation Street was great because it meant I got a lot of meaty stuff a lot. So for an actor that's brilliant because it means you're working and you're getting to do a lot of high-intensity stuff. Whereas with drama, you get the real luxury of working very slowly with it and you get a lot of time to change the angles and stuff like that. Different things for different times really!"

Accused airs on Mondays at 9pm on BBC One.

Siobhan
16-02-2011, 15:48
Finally got around to watch all of this series and yet again was blown away by it.. Jim mcGovern knows how to deliver a good drama. The one in the army, read recently that mcGovern wanted it to be about bullying from higher ranks in any situation been supported by the ground level personel, which is what happened in this... Higher authority picked on one person and his team goes along with him for fear that they will become the victim. I thought it was really well done. I didn't look at it from the point that this is happening in Afganistan but as a piece of drama over all.. Well impressed

The one with the daughter been attacked and the father going after the guy was also fantastic. Last night I watched the final one where the woman has an affair and what her husband did to her was painful to watch.. Accused is definitely something I would buy on DVD to watch over and over again.. Well done Jim!!

Chloe O'brien
16-02-2011, 16:46
I hope Jimmy makes more episodes this year and not just a one of.

tammyy2j
17-11-2011, 13:43
Love/Hate star Robert Sheehan will play the lead role in an episode of the new series of BBC One's crime and punishment drama Accused.

Written by Jimmy McGovern (Cracker, Sunday), Accused focuses on a different story each week, and Sheehan will appear in the second episode, co-written by McGovern and Danny Brocklehurst (Exile, The Street).

He will play a teenager called Stephen who has very serious reservations about Charlotte (Sheridan Smith), the palliative care nurse assigned to look after his mother.

He becomes increasingly paranoid about the welfare of his younger brother Dom (Josh Bolt) and is at loggerheads with his father Peter (John Bishop).

But has Stephen something to hide?

Also appearing in episodes of the second series are Anne-Marie Duff, Olivia Colman and Thomas Brodie-Sangster.

Filming begins this month in Manchester and surrounding areas.

Perdita
11-01-2012, 19:22
Sean Bean, Anna Maxwell Martin and Stephen Graham will star in the second series of Jimmy McGovern's Accused.

Bean (Game of Thrones, Sharpe), Maxwell Martin (South Riding) and Graham (Boardwalk Empire) will star in two episodes of the award-winning BBC One drama, which will be filmed later this year.

"I've wanted to work on a Jimmy McGovern drama for a while and I think this cracking script really delivers a powerful, emotional drama for the audience," said Bean.

Bean will play an English teacher, who has a cross-dressing alter ego Tracie, which leads him into a "terrible crime of passion". Graham is cast as Tony, a satellite and aerial engineer with Rachel Leskovac (Coronation Street) as his beautician wife Karen.

The episode is written by Shaun Duggan (EastEnders) and McGovern, and is helmed by Ashley Pearce (Downton Abbey).

Anna Maxwell Martin's episode will feature her as Tina Dakin, a married mother of three, who is overstretched as a mum and at work as a prison officer. Robert Sheehan and John Bishop also star.

Two episodes of Accused began shooting in 2011 and feature Anne Marie Duff, Olivia Colman and Sheridan Smith.

Accused's first series won two international Emmy Awards for 'Best Series' and 'Best Performance By An Actor' for Christopher Eccleston.

Perdita
02-08-2012, 22:18
Tuesday 21 August
9.00-10.00pm
BBC ONE

Mo Murray (Anne-Marie Duff) has taken a stand against drugs, gangs and gun crime in her community, but now she stands alongside her mother Maureen and her 17-year-old son Jake in the dock. Why?
Today a day unlike any other. It is the funeral of a local gang member and the gang's leader Cormack (Joe Dempsie) has sent a message to all the local shops: stay closed and show respect, or there will be consequences.

But hairdressing salon owner Mo (Anne-Marie Duff) refuses to be intimidated. Supported by her best friend Sue (Olivia Colman), they take a defiant stand and open up for business on the day of the funeral, ignoring the warnings of their teenage sons, Jake (Thomas Brodie-Sangster) and Sean (Oliver Lee), and Mo’s mother (Ruth Sheen).

Anne-Marie Duff plays Mo Murray; Ruth Sheen plays Maureen; Thomas Brodie-Sangster plays Jake; Olivia Colman plays Sue; Oliver Lee plays Sean and Joe Dempsie plays Cormack.

Perdita
09-08-2012, 12:49
Ep 3/4

Tuesday 28 August
9.00-10.00pm
BBC ONE

17-year-old teenager Stephen Cartwright (Robert Sheehan) stands charged with a serious offence, as his anxious father Peter (John Bishop) looks on.
It is months earlier and Peter is trying his best to help his sons Stephen and Dom (Josh Bolt) face the imminent death of their beloved mother. When the palliative care nurse Charlotte (Sheridan Smith) arrives Peter is grateful of her help at this most painful and stressful time.

Stephen is less sure of this efficient nurse assigned to see his mother through her final days. When his mum passes on, Stephen becomes more suspicious of Charlotte’s motivations. But is Stephen’s angst and grief clouding his judgment? And why is Alastair Campbell (Alistair Campbell) talking to him?

Time passes, but Stephen’s anxieties and depression intensify. His troubling doubts about Charlotte are not helped by the way his father appears to move on after his wife’s demise. Increasingly paranoid, Stephen is worried about the welfare of his younger brother Dom and clashes with his father Peter.

lizann
09-08-2012, 17:49
When is it back?

Perdita
09-08-2012, 17:58
When is it back?

August 21st

Perdita
09-08-2012, 17:58
When is it back?

August 21st

tammyy2j
10-08-2012, 11:01
When is it back?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=OSTZ19n4dBo

I think next Tuesday the 14th of August

Perdita
10-08-2012, 12:27
You are right, it is 14th August

Confirmed for Tuesday 14 August on BBC One at 9.00pm - 10.00pm

Simon Gaskell (Sean Bean) is a college English teacher who specialises in poetry and has a secret. His alter ego is a transvestite called Tracie Tremarco, who is gay, lonely and looking for love. But trawling Manchester's bars dressed up to the nines has not produced a lasting or truly fulfilling relationship.
Then as fate would have it Tracie falls head over heels in love in unexpected circumstances, following an altercation with some blokes out on a stag night. One of the stag revellers, Tony (Stephen Graham) a satellite and aerial engineer, comes to Tracie’s aid and offers her a lift home.

Tony and Tracie are smitten and hesitatingly their love affair begins. But Tony has a secret too - he’s married to a local beautician, Karen (Rachel Leskovac), and he cares deeply for his wife. Before long Tracie becomes entangled in a triangular love affair that leads inexorably to a terrible crime of passion and the dock.

Perdita
10-08-2012, 12:27
You are right, it is 14th August

Confirmed for Tuesday 14 August on BBC One at 9.00pm - 10.00pm

Simon Gaskell (Sean Bean) is a college English teacher who specialises in poetry and has a secret. His alter ego is a transvestite called Tracie Tremarco, who is gay, lonely and looking for love. But trawling Manchester's bars dressed up to the nines has not produced a lasting or truly fulfilling relationship.
Then as fate would have it Tracie falls head over heels in love in unexpected circumstances, following an altercation with some blokes out on a stag night. One of the stag revellers, Tony (Stephen Graham) a satellite and aerial engineer, comes to Tracie’s aid and offers her a lift home.

Tony and Tracie are smitten and hesitatingly their love affair begins. But Tony has a secret too - he’s married to a local beautician, Karen (Rachel Leskovac), and he cares deeply for his wife. Before long Tracie becomes entangled in a triangular love affair that leads inexorably to a terrible crime of passion and the dock.

Siobhan
10-08-2012, 19:16
OMG.. can't wait for this on DVD.. mmm Sean Bean

N.Fan
11-08-2012, 16:08
Sean Bean dosen't look very convincing as a woman,he just hasn't got the looks to pull it off.

Perdita
16-08-2012, 17:52
Ep 4/4

Tuesday 4 September
9.00-10.00pm
BBC ONE

Tina Dakin (Anna Maxwell Martin) stands silence and tense in the dock. She has told the truth and now all she can do is await to hear the verdict.
It is some months earlier and Tina, a happily married mother of three young children, is overstretched at home and at work. She and her husband struggle to make ends meet.

On an ominously cold day Tina accompanies a new inmate, Stephen Cartwright (Robert Sheehan), into the young offender’s institution where she works as a prison officer. As she runs through the ground rules with Stephen and shows him into his cell she senses that something isn't right.

She notifies her senior officer Frank (Ewen Bremner) of her concerns. But an emergency elsewhere demands her attention and when she returns her worst fears have become a very real tragedy. It appears that Stephen has taken his life. Her gallant attempts to resuscitate him fail, and before long she will come to face to face with his father, Peter (John Bishop), in the worst circumstances imaginable.

But Tina’s troubles have only just begun and a series of betrayals and cover-ups result in her becoming the victim of a terrible crime.

Now Tina is on trial for taking the law into her own hands. What will her fate be?

N.Fan
18-08-2012, 16:22
The first episode was really good,quite moving at times and the end was a bit sad.