PDA

View Full Version : Skins Season 5

Perdita
11-05-2010, 19:59
MTV has reportedly picked up an American version of Skins.

According to Deadline, the network has ordered ten episodes of the teen series.

MTV's senior vice-president of series development Liz Gateley allegedly pursued the rights to the format for nearly two years before ordering a pilot in August.

The co-creator of the UK version Bryan Elsley wrote the pilot and is executive producing the project. The show will largely be penned by teenagers, like the British version.

MTV is thought to be planning a January launch for the show.

Skins finished its fourth run in the UK earlier this year and has been renewed for two more series. A movie version is also in the works.

Perdita
28-07-2010, 10:16
Kelly Brook will appear in the upcoming series of Skins, it has been revealed.

The 30-year-old will apparently guest star in one episode of the show's fifth series, which starts in January, as a fitness instructor called Jemima.

A source told The Sun: "Kelly is very funny in it. She is great as a really sexy fitness instructor who drives the boys wild."

Brook recently previewed a clip of her forthcoming film Piranha 3D at Comic-Con.

tammyy2j
28-07-2010, 17:08
Anyone else cast for Series 5?

Perdita
30-07-2010, 10:46
The new cast of Skins will be announced next week.

E4 revealed on the official website tonight that the future stars of the show will be unveiled on Thursday, August 5 at 5pm.

The programme, which follows the lives of a group of teenagers, changes its cast every two series.

The first generation played host to Nicholas Hoult and Slumdog Millionaire star Dev Patel. Kaya Scodelario, who had a lead role in the last two series, will play Cathy in a new adaptation of Wuthering Heights.

Kelly Brook will reportedly guest star in the new series, while Chris Addison has confirmed on Twitter that he is currently filming scenes in his role as Professor David Blood.

Perdita
05-08-2010, 18:37
E4 has announced the names of the new cast members on Skins.

The show changes its actors every two years and over 7,000 people took part in open auditions to find the third generation.

Most of the new cast are acting newcomers with the exception of Dakota Blue Richards, who starred as Lyra in the 2007 movie The Golden Compass.

Skins executive producer John Griffin said: "More people than ever turned up this year for the open auditions in London and Bristol and the standard of young talent was as high as ever. It was a huge process but incredibly rewarding and we hope that the auditionees had as much fun as we did.

"We are really excited about the talent that has come through and we now have a brilliant cast of actors helping to create the exciting new characters for Skins series five."

A picture of the cast can be seen below:

The stars are, from left to right, Alexander Arnold, Dakota Blue Richards, Sean Teale, Sebastian De Souza, Will Merrick, Laya Lewis, Freya Mavor and Jessica Sula.

Filming on the fifth series of Skins is currently under way.

Abbie
07-08-2010, 00:00
I think after these 2 series it should end

an american version would be intersting, as well as the film

Perdita
10-08-2010, 18:45
Kelly Brook has admitted that she would like to return to Skins.

The model recently filmed a one-episode cameo for the show's fifth series and told Star that she enjoyed the experience.

"Yeah, I love Skins," she said.

"I play Jemima the gym instructor. She's just really fun and serious about keeping in shape.

"I’d like to play more of her, they might bring her back!"

The show recently unveiled the new cast, who will appear in the E4 series next year.

lizann
14-01-2011, 12:23
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s89/skins/tubetalk/a297787/fancy-another-new-skins-trailer.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ykCxZlXr7E

Skins begins on January 27 at 10pm on E4

lizann
21-01-2011, 14:50
Skins star Freya Mavor has revealed the first series of the hit show inspired her to rebel and throw wild parties in her early teens.

The actress plays popular Mini in the new series of the E4 show, which had a reputation for inspiring young people across the country to hold outrageous parties in their parents' homes.

Freya said she really related to the first series, adding: "I was living in France and I was really badly behaved back then.

"I was leaving the house without my parents knowing, throwing parties and stuff like that when I was really, really young. And it's an inspiration almost, Skins, to act rebelliously as a teenager."

Laya Lewis - who plays sex-mad Liv in the new series starting on January 25 - likes the series because they are teenage actors playing teenagers, which makes it more realistic for young viewers.

She said: "What I think is so shocking about it is 16-year-olds do take drugs and have sex and there's no point covering that up.

"It's very risque, but that's what makes it work.

She added: "I think if you were to follow a teenager around with a camera I think you'd find out so much more about them than when they're just with their mates. Even your friends don't know half about you.

"That's what's really interesting about Skins, I think, because it is almost documenting a teenager's life, because they all have their own episodes."

*Skins series five starts on Thursday, January 27 on e4.

Perdita
12-09-2012, 07:26
Skins star Freya Mavor has claimed that no characters from generation three will return for the show's final series next year.

Speaking to Digital Spy at the TV Choice Awards last night (September 10), the actress revealed that Mini and her friends would not be among the Skins favourites appearing in the E4 drama's last episodes, as the series six finale in March "finished off" their stories.

Unfortunately I'm not going to be involved in the filming of Skins seven," she confirmed. "But it's fine because I feel Skins six did a great job of, like we haven't done in previous generations, of rounding up the storylines for the characters... they kind of finished it off."

As well as Mini, Skins generation three consisted of the characters Franky (Dakota Blue Richards), Alo (Will Merrick), Nick (Sean Teale), Matty (Sebastian de Souza), Liv (Laya Lewis), Rich (Alexander Arnold), Grace (Jessica Sula) and Alex (Sam Jackson).

Mavor added that she would most like to see Joe Dempsie return to Skins as his "zesty" character Chris and said that she wouldn't be surprised to see Dev Patel (Anwar) make a comeback despite his Hollywood success.

Jack O'Connell has been confirmed to return to Skins as second-generation bad boy Cook, while original cast member Nicholas Hoult (Tony) has stated that he is too busy to appear in the final series.

Perdita
12-09-2012, 07:26