PDA

View Full Version : axe fears

chance
13-03-2005, 08:33
The cast of The Bill are worried about their characters being axed, following producer Paul Marquess's decision to quit the show, The Mirror claims.

Marquess took over the show in 2001, axing several characters in an attempt to boost ratings. The police drama is now back on top, entertaining a regular audience of 8 million viewers.

However, the show's cast are worried that a new producer would begin their reign by axing more characters.

"Several senior cast members have got contracts coming up for renewal soon and are seriously worried," a source told the newspaper.

"Everyone knows new bosses like to do away with the old to make way for the new, so there are lots of concerned faces around."

Marquess decided to leave The Bill after securing a new deal to keep the show on air for the next five years.

He explained, "When I arrived, The Bill needed to change, and change fast. Now we've just secured a massive new deal and I want to go while I'm still really enjoying it. I've had a great time and don't want to leave it until I get bored."