PDA

View Full Version : Ada Nicodemou

Perdita
13-04-2010, 07:55
Home and Away star Ada Nicodemou has separated from husband Chrys Xipolitas, according to a report.

The actress, who plays Summer Bay's Leah Patterson-Baker, is taking time out from her marriage after both parties decided that the relationship 'wasn't working', the Herald Sun claims.

A source told the newspaper: "It has happened, but it's just too personal for either of them to talk about it right now. She won't be commenting one way or the other."

Nicodemou was not wearing her wedding ring when she was pictured heading to the Home and Away set today. However, representatives for the star refused to comment on the matter.

The 32-year-old tied the knot with Xipolitas in Sydney three years ago.

Shame :(

Perdita
20-04-2010, 11:53
Ada Nicodemou has reportedly decided to give her marriage to Chrys Xipolitas another go.

The Home and Away star, who has been married to restaurant owner Xipolitas for about three years, is believed to have put her wedding ring back on in order to save their relationship.

Xipolitas checked into a Sydney clinic last week to receive treatment for ongoing clinical depression.

A family friend of Nicodemou told Woman's Day magazine: "Her family thought Chrys was the luckiest man in the world to get Ada. No-one was surprised when cracks began showing."

However, the 32-year-old allegedly had a change of heart about their split following a counselling session with her husband.

Would be nice if they could work things out :)

Perdita
06-05-2010, 08:42
Ada Nicodemou has reportedly got back together with husband Chrys Xipolitas.

The Home and Away star, who plays Leah Patterson-Baker in the Australian soap, allegedly split from Xipolitas last month shortly before he checked himself into a rehab clinic to receive treatment for an ongoing battle with depression.

The couple have been spotted on numerous occasions in the past two weeks and friends of the actress told The Daily Telegraph that they have decided to reconcile.

An onlooker at a Sydney restaurant where Nicodemou and Xipolitas dined earlier this week said: "They looked happy. They weren't kissing and all over each other, but they were relaxed and comfortable."

Nicodemou was seen wearing her wedding ring again at Sunday's Logie Awards, which she attended alone.

TaintedLove
09-05-2010, 16:49
That is excellent news.
Too many people these days opt out of marriage when it suits them. I am so glad Ada and herhusband are trying again.
Leah is one of my fave character on H&A, and I love the partnership between her and Elijia
:)

Perdita
13-05-2010, 08:53
Ada Nicodemou has reportedly decided that she wants to start a family.

The Home and Away star, who has been married to Sydney restaurateur Chrys Xipolitas for three years, allegedly believes that having a baby could help them get over their recent split.

A friend of the couple told The Daily Telegraph: "If this can be worked out, Ada will find a way."

Nicodemou and Xipolitas briefly split last month and he later sought help for an ongoing battle with depression at a Northern Beaches treatment centre.

A source on the Australian soap has revealed that producers of the show have told Nicodemou that a pregnancy can be written into her character Leah Patterson-Baker's storylines if she manages to conceive.

That would be lovely and it is nice that they would write her pregnancy into the storyline. :D

Perdita
30-11-2010, 07:13
Ada Nicodemou has spoken out about depression.

The Home and Away actress, whose character Leah suffered from agoraphobia after being caught up in racist riots last year, said that depression is no longer a "taboo subject" thanks to the coverage it gets on television.

Nicodemou's husband Chrys Xipolitas also sought treatment at a Sydney rehab clinic earlier this year while battling depression.

She told TV Week magazine: "I think everyone knows someone who has experienced depression and it isn't a taboo subject anymore.

"It was nice that the show dealt with it and agoraphobia because it isn't something that's always spoken about."

She also said that while filming those storylines, she found it "hard to go home at the end of the day and be happy".

alan45
26-03-2011, 13:48
Home and Away star Ada Nicodemou has revealed that she loves receiving messages from fans on Twitter.

The actress, who plays Leah Patterson-Baker in the soap, admitted that she joined the micro-blogging service to interact with viewers.

"I've never really been into new technology, but social networking like Twitter is hard to ignore. It's good," she told Holy Soap.

"I've had so many positive messages from fans. Some UK and Irish fans tweet to say they have been up to Palm Beach to watch filming and I love hearing how much the show means to them. It makes me proud of what we do.

"The weirdest tweet I've had so far was probably from a friend who didn't believe it was me - they were shocked I had moved with the times and joined Twitter!"

Nicodemou recently confessed that her character will not romantically reunite with Elijah Johnson following actor Jay Laga'aia's return to the show.

Filming of a special block of episodes in Hawaii was halted earlier this month due to poor weather.

Perdita
27-11-2011, 14:22
Home and Away star Ada Nicodemou has admitted that she felt helpless during husband Chrys Xipolitas's battle with depression.

The pair briefly split last year and Xipolitas checked into rehab to deal with the disorder.

Nicodemou then reunited with Xipolitas and vowed to make the marriage work, enjoying a second honeymoon to save the relationship.

"I tried to fix it and I didn't understand why he couldn't snap out of it," she told Marie Claire. "For him, there was a lot of shame in admitting he wasn't OK. I felt helpless.

"I think we're a lot stronger because of what we've been through together."

She has now joined forces with Charlotte Dawson, Ricki-Lee Coulter, Samantha Armytage, Jessica Rowe and Asher Keddie in a photoshoot for the magazine's Shine A Light Campaign, which raises awareness of depression.

Nicodemou's latest job will be as host of new Seven series Please Marry My Boy, a reality show in which overbearing mothers marry off their sons.

Perdita
01-02-2012, 05:46
Home and Away's Ada Nicodemou has described herself as a "love junkie".

The 34-year-old Australian actress, who is currently hosting matchmaking TV series Please Marry My Boy, said that she knows what true love means due to the problems she and her husband Chrys Xipolitas have survived.

Nicodemou and Xipolitas married in 2007, but seven months later his Sydney restaurant was destroyed by fire and he suffered from severe depression. The couple briefly split in 2010, but Xipolitas checked himself into rehab and they later reunited.

She told National Features: "I'm sorry, but I really do believe in love. We're in such a good place and have come out the other side really, really happy. It was Chris's choice to talk about it, of course.

"He reckons with depression, the problem is that men don't talk about it. They hide it, they're ashamed of it and he's not ashamed of it and I'm not ashamed of it. I think it's really important to talk about it."

Nicodemou admitted that she found it "difficult" to come to terms with the fact that she couldn't fix Xipolitas's issues, saying: "With other problems you think you can step in and make it better. But you realise you can't and you've got to learn a lot about it.

"You both accept you're both in the wrong and both in the right."

Nicodemou said of the contestants on Please Marry My Boy: "These are real people and they really want to find love. None of them are out to win a prize or money. They're in it for really nice reasons. It's nice... it makes it more real when there's a happy ending."

Perdita
20-02-2012, 08:56
Home and Away star Ada Nicodemou has announced that she is pregnant.

The actress and husband Chrys Xipolitas are expecting their first child together following a course of IVF treatment.

Nicodemou told New Idea magazine: "We'd been trying for a year all up, I guess, and I was so focused on getting pregnant I couldn't think of anyone else - it's all I've been talking about for years.

"In the end, IVF was seriously the best thing we did. It doesn't usually happen on the first go and we didn't want to get our hopes up too much, but we were very lucky.

"I'm really looking forward to it - I just wish we didn't have to wait another 27 weeks!"

The 34-year-old, best known for her role as Summer Bay's Leah Patterson-Baker, added that she is looking forward to a happy future with Xipolitas. They split briefly in 2010, but later reunited after Xipolitas had received treatment for depression.

Nicodemou added: "You know, everything happens for a reason. This is the right time for us to have a baby. We've been through some difficulties and come out all the stronger."

I hope her character stays in Home and Away

kmmh58
20-02-2012, 11:19
AFTER a tumultuous few years, Home and Away's Ada Nicodemou has announced she is pregnant.

The Gold Logie nominee said she was crying with joy when she discovered she was pregnant with her first child to husband Chrys Xipolitas.

The Please Marry My Boy host is three months pregnant and said going to IVF was the best thing she ever did.

"We'd been trying for a year all up, I guess, and I was so focused on getting pregnant I couldn't think of anyone else... it's all I've been talking about for years,'' Nicodemou told New Idea magazine.

"In the end IVF was seriously the best thing we did.

"I doesn't usually happen on the first go and we didn't want to get our hopes up too much, but we were very lucky.

"I'm really looking forward to it - I just wish we didn't have to wait another 27 weeks."

The Home and Away favourite's marriage hit a rough patch in 2010 when she and Xipolitas, 37, temporarily separated, partly as a result of his battle with depression.

"You know everything happens for a reason,'' Nicodemou said.

"This is the right time for us to have a baby. We've been through some difficulties and come out all the stronger."

Nicodemou, 34, said she was yet to find out the sex of the baby.

"Chrys can't wait to find out the sex but he can't keep a secret and I'd rather have a surprise. To be honest, I don't mind either way as long as it's healthy."

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity/ada-nicodemou-announces-pregrancy-shares-ivf-joy/story-fn907478-1226275961308#ixzz1mv67sHAY

tammyy2j
20-02-2012, 11:38
So will Leah be pregnant again?

Perdita
20-02-2012, 12:10
So will Leah be pregnant again?

Either that or they hide her bump as long as she is filming. I hope she is not going to quit as Leah once she has the baby :(

Perdita
29-02-2012, 05:40
Home and Away's Ada Nicodemou has revealed that she is not sure how her pregnancy will be written into the show.

The Australian actress, who announced last week that she is 15 weeks pregnant to husband Chrys Xipolitas, said that the news that she is expecting her first baby came as a surprise to everyone.

Nicodemou told The Daily Telegraph: "I sprung it on them like I did everyone else, so they're rewriting as we speak. The producer knew because I had to go through IVF. I don't know what they're going to do."

There have been rumours of a "baby" plot line between her character Leah Patterson-Baker and Summer Bay's resident bad boy Brax (Steven Peacocke), but Nicodemou said: "I think maybe we should get a new character in. I think Leah should have a one-night stand. I think she needs to live a little."

The 34-year-old star said that her decision to undergo IVF treatment in order to conceive was the "best thing" that she has ever done.

"I'm a control freak and I started getting really stressed about not falling pregnant," she said. "But the minute I decided to do IVF, it took all that stress away and you feel more in control. Now I'm really calm. I think I'm the most relaxed I have ever been."

Nicodemou's character Leah suffered a miscarriage last year after falling pregnant to friend Miles (Josh Quong Tart).

Perdita
10-03-2012, 13:10
Home and Away's script producer Louise Bowes has admitted that writing Ada Nicodemou's pregnancy into the show has been challenging.

The actress, who plays Leah Patterson-Baker in the Australian soap, announced her pregnancy last month and it was later revealed that it would form part of Leah's storyline.

"It does throw things out of whack, that's for sure - undoing and redoing story retrospectively is always a challenge, but having said that, Ada's pregnancy is such lovely news that none of us mind the extra work at all," Bowes told Yahoo.

"We're just so happy for her and Chris and wish them both well. Anything is possible in Summer Bay, but I can guarantee it'll be an interesting journey for Leah."

She added: "We were faced with the challenge on All Saints of dealing with Georgie Parker's pregnancy - that was a tricky one given that Georgie's character was a nun!"

Nicodemou's character Leah suffered a miscarriage last year after falling pregnant to friend Miles (Josh Quong Tart).

Perdita
19-03-2012, 17:38
Home and Away star Ada Nicodemou has said that she won't rush back to work after she gives birth later this year.

The actress and husband Chrys Xipolitas are currently expecting their first child together following a course of IVF treatment. Their baby is due to arrive in August.

Home and Away bosses are thought to be rewriting storylines for Nicodemou's character Leah Patterson-Baker to explain her baby bump and upcoming absence from screens.

Nicodemou told TV Week: "I kind of slipped into acting and am still going all these years later. I am sure I will miss Leah, but I'm also sure I will be quite busy with the baby.

"I am really excited about being pregnant and I can't wait to meet my baby, and to tell the truth, I don't want to rush back to work too soon."

Pondering the possibility of a dramatic exit for Leah, she commented: "The poor little baby! They say babies hear and feel things, so who knows how the baby will react if it's a dramatic storyline?"

Home and Away airs weekdays at 1.15pm and 6pm on Channel 5 in the UK and weekdays at 7pm on Network Seven in Australia.

So they will have to write her out for a while then :(

lizann
19-03-2012, 20:11
It is time for Leah to go Greece for a year or two

CrazyLea
20-03-2012, 03:59
I love Leah, but I do feel the character herself needs a break. It's like they don't know what to do with her. Just constanly going after relationships that never seem to last.. we've seen it a million times before with Leah.

shalagee
20-03-2012, 04:56
Home and Away's Ada Nicodemou has revealed that she is not sure how her pregnancy will be written into the show.

The Australian actress, who announced last week that she is 15 weeks pregnant to husband Chrys Xipolitas, said that the news that she is expecting her first baby came as a surprise to everyone.

Nicodemou told The Daily Telegraph: "I sprung it on them like I did everyone else, so they're rewriting as we speak. The producer knew because I had to go through IVF. I don't know what they're going to do."

There have been rumours of a "baby" plot line between her character Leah Patterson-Baker and Summer Bay's resident bad boy Brax (Steven Peacocke), but Nicodemou said: "I think maybe we should get a new character in. I think Leah should have a one-night stand. I think she needs to live a little."

The 34-year-old star said that her decision to undergo IVF treatment in order to conceive was the "best thing" that she has ever done.

"I'm a control freak and I started getting really stressed about not falling pregnant," she said. "But the minute I decided to do IVF, it took all that stress away and you feel more in control. Now I'm really calm. I think I'm the most relaxed I have ever been."

I would rather she have a one night stand and then fade into the background than to have them write a totally contrived pregnancy with Brax.

tammyy2j
20-03-2012, 10:56
Didnt Leah tell Miles she had asked Sid to tie her tubes so she couldnt have anymore kids which why her and Miles broke up I cant see why when Leah does become pregnant again she would keep the baby it makes zero sense given the past storyline

Perdita
20-03-2012, 11:39
Didnt Leah tell Miles she had asked Sid to tie her tubes so she couldnt have anymore kids which why her and Miles broke up I cant see why when Leah does become pregnant again she would keep the baby it makes zero sense given the past storyline

Maybe the tube(s) became untied again .. just like Brian's vasectomy reversed itself in Corrie :searchme:

Perdita
18-04-2012, 16:13
Home and Away star Ada Nicodemou has revealed that her character Leah Patterson-Baker will not be getting pregnant after all.

Nicodemou and husband Chrys Xipolitas are currently expecting their first child together, and reports had suggested that the pregnancy would be written into Home and Away with a baby storyline for Leah.

However, Nicodemou told the Herald Sun that producers have instead decided to hide her baby bump.

She confirmed: "[There'll be] lots of loose-fitting clothes, I think."

Nicodemou also admitted that she still has no idea whether she is having a boy or a girl.

"I am a bit of a control freak so it's strange, but we want to be surprised," she explained. "To tell you the truth, all I care about is having a healthy baby."

Home and Away airs weekdays at 1.15pm and 6pm on Channel 5 in the UK and weekdays at 7pm on Network Seven in Australia.

Perdita
03-09-2012, 09:36
Home and Away star Ada Nicodemou and husband Chrys Xipolitas have welcomed the arrival of a baby boy.

Nicodemou, who plays Summer Bay favourite Leah Patterson-Baker, gave birth to 7lb 11oz Johnas at Sydney's St George Private Hospital on August 22.

The actress announced the news in the latest issue of New Idea, which has hit shelves today (September 3).

Nicodemou told the magazine: "We're both still learning. He's learning how to be in the world, and I'm learning how to look after him. But it's just so beautiful."

She continued: "It was just instant love. I look at him and go, 'Oh my God, I don't remember my life beforehand - I don't remember being pregnant!' It's like it began from that moment onwards. I'm totally in love."

The 35-year-old had revealed her pregnancy news in February following a course of IVF treatment. She and partner Chrys opted not to learn their baby's sex before the birth.

Nicodemou added: "The best moment for me was hearing that first cry from Johnas. It was just so beautiful, I cried too. We're going to sound like typical parents, but he came out looking so gorgeous, perfect.

"You wonder about that bond when you're pregnant, but you don't really know what the feeling is like until you actually have a baby of your own. I can't believe that he's ours. I'm still in that surreal place."

Home and Away airs weekdays at 1.15pm and 6pm on Channel 5 in the UK, and weekdays at 7pm on Network Seven in Australia.

Perdita
17-03-2014, 05:24
Home and Away's Ada Nicodemou and her husband Chrys Xipolitas are expecting their second child.

Nicodemou has revealed to New Idea that this second pregnancy caught her totally off guard.

"For it to happen so quickly after we struggled for so long last time is a really nice surprise," she said.

The actress continued: "You do pinch yourself, and when you have those moments when you're tired and not feeling so great and you're complaining about it, you think, 'Hang on a second, this is actually a blessing'.

"You don't want to get too attached in the first 12 weeks, but seeing the baby at our scan was exciting. The more it's sinking in, the more excited I am getting."

Nicodemou and Xipolitas have been married since 2007.

The actress is best known for playing Leah Patterson-Baker in Home and Away on-and-off since 2000.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/s15/home-and-away/news/a557947/home-and-aways-ada-nicodemou-husband-chrys-xipolitas-having-baby.html#ixzz2wC68yaFd

Wonder if she will be pregnant in the show this time

Perdita
07-08-2014, 11:33
Home and Away star Ada Nicodemou has announced the tragic news that her baby son was delivered stillborn today (August 7).

The actress, who plays Summer Bay's Leah Patterson-Baker, revealed earlier this year that she was due to give birth to her second child.

A statement released to the media via Channel Seven said: "Our baby boy Harrison was delivered stillborn on Thursday, August 7, 2014.

"We appreciate your love and support as we mourn the loss of our precious son. We understand we have lived some of our lives in the public eye, but we respectfully ask for privacy at this difficult and extremely painful time so we can grieve and heal."

Nicodemou married husband Chrys Xipolitas in 2007 and gave birth to her first son Jonas two years ago.

She has played Home and Away's Leah on-and-off since 2000.

:( Sad news :(

Dazzle
07-08-2014, 16:04
Home and Away star Ada Nicodemou has announced the tragic news that her baby son was delivered stillborn today (August 7).

Very sad. What a traumatic thing to happen :(

lizann
07-08-2014, 20:14
poor ada and her partner