PDA

View Full Version : Replacement for The Bill?

alan45
31-03-2010, 18:33
ITV has chosen a replacement for cancelled cop show The Bill, according to reports.

The Guardian reveals that the broadcaster, which axed the long-running crime drama last week, commissioned a new medical series which will take its place in the schedule.

Monroe, which is to focus upon the work of a hospital neurologist, will be shown in the Thursday 9pm slot.

Peter Bowker, the new show's writer, compared it to US series House, starring British actor Hugh Laurie.

"It may be foolish to compare them but with neurologists, as with House, there are these very intense ten days when you work with them on a case and then you say goodbye - it is really quite fascinating and will hopefully make great drama," he said.

The as-yet-uncast six-part series will be produced by Mammoth Screen, which made last year's TV adaptation of Wuthering Heights.

Siobhan
01-04-2010, 09:42
Maybe now they have axed the bill they have enough money to commission a 4 series of the Street and show it on ITV this time.. would be such a waste if they didn't as it is by far the best series on TV

alan45
28-09-2010, 00:27
ITV1 has announcesd details of their new medical drama series, Monroe, starring James Nesbitt.

Who's in it?

James Nesbitt will play neurosurgeon Gabriel Monroe and is joined by an ensemble cast including Sarah Parish (Mistresses) as cardiac surgeon Jenny Bremner; Tom Riley (Lost in Austen) as anaesthetist Dr Laurence Shepherd; Manjinder Virk as registrar Sally Fortune, and Susan Lynch as Anna, Monroe’s wife. Sarah Smart (Wallander) and Shaun Evans (The Take) will guest star in episode one.

What's it about?

The 6-part series examines Monroe's world inside and outside the hospital, with medical emergencies cutting across the lives of everyone involved from staff to patients and relatives. Monroe also has to contend with his two new medical trainees, Daniel Springer (Luke Allen-Gale) and Kitty Wilson (Michelle Asante) who have joined St Matthew’s Hospital under his watchful eye.

Perdita
28-09-2010, 05:42
ITV1 has announcesd details of their new medical drama series, Monroe, starring James Nesbitt.

Who's in it?

James Nesbitt will play neurosurgeon Gabriel Monroe and is joined by an ensemble cast including Sarah Parish (Mistresses) as cardiac surgeon Jenny Bremner; Tom Riley (Lost in Austen) as anaesthetist Dr Laurence Shepherd; Manjinder Virk as registrar Sally Fortune, and Susan Lynch as Anna, Monroe’s wife. Sarah Smart (Wallander) and Shaun Evans (The Take) will guest star in episode one.

What's it about?

The 6-part series examines Monroe's world inside and outside the hospital, with medical emergencies cutting across the lives of everyone involved from staff to patients and relatives. Monroe also has to contend with his two new medical trainees, Daniel Springer (Luke Allen-Gale) and Kitty Wilson (Michelle Asante) who have joined St Matthew’s Hospital under his watchful eye.

already posted under Monroe?

parkerman
28-09-2010, 11:27
A medical series, eh? That's novel.I wonder how long it took them to come up with that idea?

Siobhan
28-09-2010, 11:48
A medical series, eh? That's novel.I wonder how long it took them to come up with that idea?

I am sure they pondered it for hours..

"ok so we did a police series.. how about Hospital?? never been done before"
"What about the Royal"
"that was in the past, this will be a modern one"
"ah, great idea.. who's for sushi? "

alan45
28-09-2010, 11:52
Ah but dont forget Monroe is no ordinary doctor. He is a Neurosurgeon

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR_IpQI3ZsoFFv4DdIydDI2AVR6CgTxj LuhTklb5sMGq7XhLE0&t=1&usg=__BaB5wv8bJpjIq8rVyAOhIdeSkLQ=

Siobhan
28-09-2010, 12:03
Ah but dont forget Monroe is no ordinary doctor. He is a Neurosurgeon

OOoooh I can hardly contain my excitment