PDA

View Full Version : Roxanne Pallet joins Casualty

Perdita
10-03-2010, 04:43
FORMER Emmerdale actress Roxanne Pallett has landed a starring role in Casualty.

The brunette, who played Jo Sugden in the ITV1 soap, is taking on the lead role in the first episode of the medical drama's upcoming series.

Sexy Roxanne, 27, a contestant on last year's Dancing On Ice, is to feature as the girlfriend of a popular DJ who needs treatment for a rare skin condition.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/soaps/2886076/Roxanne-Pallett-set-for-role-in-Casualty.html#ixzz0hkI9Kg09

tammyy2j
10-03-2010, 10:11
She cant act

Bad Wolf
10-03-2010, 10:23
lead role???????? its hardly she is the latest nurse!

alan45
10-03-2010, 11:09
Hopefully Roxanne ''Wooden'' Pallet is only in for one episode as the girlfriend of a DJ.

The only LEAD role she could keep with would be a dog Lead

tammyy2j
10-03-2010, 12:26
is to feature as the girlfriend of a popular DJ who needs treatment for a rare skin condition.

sounds like a one off episode

alan45
19-04-2010, 13:55
Former Emmerdale star Roxanne Pallett has claimed that being part of the acting world is more difficult than people realise.

The 27-year-old, who played troubled Jo Sugden on the Yorkshire-based soap, is currently on the lookout for new projects after recently filming a one-off guest role on Casualty.

Speaking to Bang Showbiz about her choice of career, Pallett commented: "It's not as sugar-coated as some people think. It's hard but I guess it's what we all want to do.

"I've kind of been away for a few months and I'm a little bit nervous. You kind of have to go off and do your own thing so I'm kind of enjoying just being a jobbing actress. It's a privilege."

The ex-Dancing On Ice contestant confirmed that she is likely to remain in the UK for the foreseeable future, but is also open to offers from the US.

She said: "I'm a British girl, I'm probably going to give it a bit more of a chance here first as I want to give myself a chance to earn my stripes. But obviously, if something came along... that's why I have no pets! So I don't have any responsibilities if I had to go away."

lizann
19-04-2010, 14:00
Hopefully Roxanne ''Wooden'' Pallet is only in for one episode as the girlfriend of a DJ.

The only LEAD role she could keep with would be a dog Lead

:rotfl: trust Alan to keep it real

Perdita
02-08-2010, 12:59
Roxanne Pallett has admitted that her guest role in Casualty is similar to her former Emmerdale character.

The actress, who quit her role as abused Jo Sugden in 2008, appears as the girlfriend of a DJ suffering from skin disorder Vitiligo.

Pallet told What's On TV that her character Leanne tries to help him deal with the problem.

"She’s a very sweet girl, she loves D-Ray, but he’s very stubborn," she said.

"She tells him she will love him whatever his appearance, but that doesn’t go down very well. The way he speaks to her is quite abusive."

She added: "What is it about me and abused women? She’s a different sort of character though, in her personality. I’d love to do some really varied roles next, it’s good to stretch yourself I think."

Pallett however revealed that she was "gutted" when she realised she would not be playing the patient.

"When I found out I was up for a part on the show I was really up for being the victim! I would’ve loved that," she said.

parkerman
02-08-2010, 13:37
So will she be reappearing or was last Saturday it?

alan45
02-08-2010, 15:38
So will she be reappearing or was last Saturday it?

Hopefully last Saturday was it and the above post is out of date

TaintedLove
04-08-2010, 22:32
Pallett however revealed that she was "gutted" when she realised she would not be playing the patient.

"When I found out I was up for a part on the show I was really up for being the victim! I would’ve loved that," she said.

She was disappointed because she couldn`t strip off to show off her body more like.