PDA

View Full Version : Emmerdale...better than ever.

Chris_2k11
12-03-2005, 01:25
Does anyone agree that Emmerdale has undoubtedly improved and got much better than it used to be? I used to see Eastenders and Corra as the best soaps, and thought that Emmerdale was quite boring. But over the past couple of years, I really think it has got much more better and exciting, mainly due to storylines like Chris's Death, The Whole Steph, Shelley, Turner storyline, Robert & Katie's affair, Charity's wedding to Tom and her exit, etc. I think the characters of Charity, Steph and Sadie have provided great entertainmeant too. I really think it's a lot better than it used to be and seems to be on a roll. Anyone thinking the same??

Treacle
12-03-2005, 06:56
I would tend to agree but last week was boring and the pits!

*JSW*
12-03-2005, 13:37
I would tend to agree but last week was boring and the pits!
Indeed last week was incredibly dull! Usually it is brilliant though!

Jemma
12-03-2005, 14:13
Last week was just padding, this is what happens when you have six episodes a week! :(

badactor
12-03-2005, 14:41
I have always prefered emmerdale to eastenders which over the last few years has begun to resemble brookside, and it continues to baffle me why it still has so many fans.. the charactors are awful, the storylines unbelievable and the humour non existent... emmerdale is much more entertaining. :cool:

Soozee
16-03-2005, 17:24
Emmerdale is made up a few houses, a church, a pub, local shop and a couple of farms and it out does the other soaps by miles. There is no luanderette or cab office for scenes to take place they manage to create a whole range of different storylines and deliver them sucessfully in just that small village. The others could learn something from it.
Just occassionally it does have it's off weeks but thats not often. Long may it stay that way. I read in the paper today about emmerdale saying that they weren't going to go seven times a week as it was over the top and not practical, i'll certainly go along with that. Even though it is on six times a week it doesn't feel like it's non stop oh god not that show again. EE four times a week feels over the top.