PDA

View Full Version : Prime Suspect USA

lizann
25-02-2010, 12:14
Helen Mirren's star turn in Prime Suspect is turning out to be a hard act to follow.

Production on the pilot for a U.S. remake has been pushed back by NBC because of difficulties casting the lead role, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

The reboot was written by Without a Trace creator Hank Steinberg and based on the popular BBC drama of the same name — which also aired on PBS. The crime procedural followed a detective as she investigated complicated cases.

Following a long search, NBC executives decided to postpone the pilot until June since they felt they had not been able to find the best actress for the part, the trade paper reported.

Mirren, the series' original star, won two Emmys and three BAFTAs for her work as Detective Jane Tennison.

Mirren is a hard act to follow

Dazzle
25-02-2010, 14:04
I watched an episode of Prime Suspect the other day. It's easy to forget how good it was. There's not much (any?) classy British drama on TV like that at the moment.

tammyy2j
09-02-2011, 16:25
Maria Bello has revealed that she may star in the upcoming reboot of Prime Suspect.

The actress told Entertainment Weekly that she has been approached by representatives for the NBC project.

"There may be interest in me doing it, but I haven't read anything yet or talked to anyone in depth about it," Bello explained.

"I'm possibly interested. Definitely nervous to even think about taking over for Helen Mirren. Come on! How could anyone compete with her? Didn’t she do about ten of them and win an Emmy every time?"

She continued: "I'm open to things right now. I'm just trying to go with the flow of my life and I've been going back-and-forth to Haiti trying to help out. That has felt good, but I am also wanting to do something spectacular with my life work-wise and that may end up being it."

tammyy2j
17-02-2011, 10:30
http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/02/16/its-official-maria-bello-set-to-star-in-prime-suspect-reboot/

NBC has its Det. Jane Tennison. EW has learned that Maria Bello — who appeared on the Peacock’s Law & Order: Special Victims Unit last year – will star in the Prime Suspect reboot that’s in the works for the fall.

As first reported by EW earlier this month, Bello confirmed that she was talking to NBC about playing the role. Peter Berg (Friday Night Lights) is now shepherding the reboot of the British police procedural drama from the ’90s that starred Mirren. Desperate Housewives producer Alexandra Cunningham will serve as the showrunner.

“Definitely nervous to even think about taking over for Helen Mirren,” Bello told EW exclusively. “C’mon! How could anyone compete with her? Didn’t she do about 10 of them and win an Emmy every time? I’m open to things right now. I’m just trying to go with the flow of my life and I’ve been going back-and-forth to Haiti trying to help out. That has felt good, but I am also wanting to do something spectacular with my life work-wise and that may end up being it.”

Prime Suspect was first dusted off last season as a potential midseason replacement for the 2010-11 season, but the project never made it to pilot for a number of reasons, including NBC’s inability to find someone to play Tennison. Bello is one of those veteran actors whose name topped the wish list of every network each development season.

tammyy2j
09-03-2011, 14:00
Aidan Quinn has inked a deal to join NBC’s Americanized reboot of the smash UK crime procedural Prime Suspect.
Quinn will play Lt. Kenny Rowe opposite Maria Bello’s Det. Jane Tennison in the Peter Berg-produced pilot.

Brian O’Byrne is set to co-star in NBC's drama pilot Prime Suspect. The remake of the British series centers on Jane Timoney (Maria Bello), an iconoclastic female detective who has to make her bones in a tough New York precinct dominated by men. Gersh-repped O'Byrne will play a detective on the squad who cut Jane out of working cases.

tammyy2j
18-05-2011, 11:34
Promo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUOUrWxIWbs&feature=player_embedded

It has been picked up as a full series

lizann
16-08-2011, 12:58
http://www-tvline-com.vimg.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/PrimeSuspect_FirstLook_600110815114950.jpg

Jane USA