PDA

View Full Version : Stefan calls for 'Neighbours' live ep

Perdita
22-02-2010, 10:20
Stefan Dennis has revealed that he would like Neighbours to go live for its 25th anniversary later this year.

The actor, who plays Ramsay Street legend Paul Robinson, claimed that the show should follow in the footsteps of BBC soap EastEnders, which last week broadcast a live episode to mark its own 25th birthday.

Dennis told PA: "I'd love to do it. I think it would be fantastic, but geez, it would be scary, wouldn't it?"

He continued: "I say that, but it's not really. It would just be like doing stage. I guess most people working on Neighbours are used to doing stage - maybe not the ones who are fresh into it, but most of the actors would be.

"And the crew would be on the ball because they've all done live television. Who knows, maybe that's what they'll do?"

EastEnders' live episode was watched by a peak of 16.6m viewers on Friday. The special instalment featured the climax to a long-running murder mystery storyline.

DS

CrazyLea
22-02-2010, 15:55
I think that Neighbours should! Would be good!!

Abbie
22-02-2010, 16:18
I agree, but neighbours doesnt have anything gritty going on

Perdita
22-02-2010, 16:31
They could plan something gritty for a special episode :)

CrazyLea
22-02-2010, 17:03
Doesn't need to be gritty mind. Maybe a nice feel-good episode :)

Katy
22-02-2010, 17:52
yes i agree it would be a good way to celebrate the anniversary, Coronation Street, the Bill and now EE have all proved it can be done over here so why not.

LostVoodoo
22-02-2010, 19:01
surely the time difference would make it difficult! and the fact that they're further ahead from us in Oz.

but yeah, it would be fun. we'd need Harold back for it though.

*-Rooney-*
22-02-2010, 19:02
i didnt realise it was 25 yr anniversary this yr, i hope they go live with a gd storyline