PDA

View Full Version : Lewis promises "perfect" Summer Bay exit

Perdita
04-02-2010, 20:30
Home and Away star Lincoln Lewis has promised that fans can expect a "perfect" exit for his character Geoff Campbell.

The 22-year-old filmed his final scenes with the Summer Bay soap late last year and Geoff's departure will be seen on screen later this month.

Asked if he is happy with how his alter ego bows out, Lewis replied: "I am, because the main thing I always wanted to do was stay true to the character. I love his exit - it's perfect."

Though he would not be drawn on the exact details of Geoff's departure, the actor did reveal that he became emotional when it was time to say goodbye to Ray Meagher (Alf Stewart) and other cast members.

He told TV Week: "Ray Meagher did a speech from behind the bar in the Surf Club and, about 15 seconds into my speech, I could feel my voice starting to shake and my eyes well up. I got a nice cake and a plaque and said goodbye to everyone."

Meanwhile, on whether he would ever return to the role, Lewis said: "Some people call Home and Away a stepping stone, but you wouldn't learn as much on any other job, so I'd always be happy to return.

I hope he does return one day

Dazzle
05-02-2010, 15:47
I've never liked Geoff so I'm glad he's leaving.

tammyy2j
05-02-2010, 15:53
Its perfect he is leaving i'm glad i hate Geoff just wish he would take Annie with him