PDA

View Full Version : csi

gbnut
11-03-2005, 20:23
anyone else here hocked on it. i think vegas is the best but the others miami and new york are good as well.

willow
12-03-2005, 10:23
i am totally hooked on csi. i agree vegas is the best, new york is getting better every week!!!

natalia35
24-03-2005, 11:16
Vegas is the best, followed by New york. Haven't really got in to miami, I just don't like any of the characters, but some of the plots are OK

Ella.
24-03-2005, 15:29
I love CSI, thats what I do for a living so its interesting for me to see how things like that are portrayed on TV.

Ive been watching CSI since it started but I like CSI Miami aswell, not really sure about CSI NY yet though, even though the blonde bloke who's on it is very nice! I guess it will just take time to get used to the new characters.

natalia35
29-03-2005, 10:41
Ella

Do you want to swap jobs ????????????

Ella.
29-03-2005, 21:12
:) Lol, think Im due a change anyway!

It certainly isn't as glamorous as it is on CSI anyway!

samantha nixon
04-04-2005, 19:33
i think it is great has any one got the computer game of it thats good as well

Ella.
04-04-2005, 22:22
Ive got the CSI LV game, I bought 2 separate games in a special twin pack from Woolworths, think they were £19.99, called CSI and CSI Dark Motives. The game is quite good only the voices are annoying after a while (especially Sarah's!!!) since they just repeat the same thing over and over again, so I just play it with the volume off. I havent really got very far though, havent had time.

samantha nixon
05-04-2005, 08:12
hi i have got the first one but i might get the second what one would you say is better

ThirstyBandit
05-04-2005, 16:20
Vegas, then NY, and I won't lose sleep if I miss Miami.

The ginger one really gets on my t*ts. The only thing he does is put hands on hips, stare into the distance and put his sunglasses on, or put hands on hip, stare into the distance and take his sunglasses off.

And when he smiles, it gives me the creeps.

gbnut
05-04-2005, 19:34
Vegas, then NY, and I won't lose sleep if I miss Miami.

The ginger one really gets on my t*ts. The only thing he does is put hands on hips, stare into the distance and put his sunglasses on, or put hands on hip, stare into the distance and take his sunglasses off.

And when he smiles, it gives me the creeps.

lol you made me laugh!! and i totally agree you have described him to a T

crazyjkh
07-04-2005, 19:49
I am so upset, we don't get channel 5, but on holiday we did and i watched csi for 3 weeks and am hooked but now cannot see it :wall: What can i do about my dilema, other than moving house? :hmm:

Luna
07-04-2005, 20:07
aaawww.....do you have sky or cable? it's on living TV a couple of nights a week

Ella.
08-04-2005, 09:33
They have also released the earlier CSI episodes on DVD and there is also a CSI Miami DVD out too if you cannot watch them on TV.

Sherbs
18-04-2005, 13:16
Absolutely loving CSI.
Prefer Miami (Horatio) to Vegas (Grisam).
Used to go to bed early, but not know more.
Haven't seen New York yet but have been told its not that good!

ThirstyBandit
18-04-2005, 13:50
Absolutely loving CSI.
Prefer Miami (Horatio) to Vegas (Grisam).
Used to go to bed early, but not know more.
Haven't seen New York yet but have been told its not that good!

I wasn't enraptured at the beginning of NY, but it grows on ya.

We haven't learned much about their personal lives yet, except for Mac losing his wife in 9/11.

Abi
18-04-2005, 20:34
I've only seen a couple of episodes, but i already love it. It really helped with my murder mystery coursework as well......

Luna
19-04-2005, 11:16
coursework???? they do murder mystery courses??? Where do I sign???

natalia35
29-04-2005, 10:29
i've been watching the new series of CSI vegas, and don't find it as good as before. I hate the fact that they have seperated the 2 teams. I prefer them all working together

ThirstyBandit
29-04-2005, 10:47
i've been watching the new series of CSI vegas, and don't find it as good as before. I hate the fact that they have seperated the 2 teams. I prefer them all working together

I prefer them as one team as well.

However, William Petersen (Grissom) has allegedly been making noises about not wanting to stay on to the end of his contract, and so the writers and producers have been bigging up the Catherine Willows character, and you will notice from now on that Grissom is in the show less and less.

Pity. I like the character of Grissom - much nicer than the red headed fool in Miami :)

natalia35
29-04-2005, 10:56
I also heard that, I was hoping it wasn't true but the more I watch it the more it looks like the end of Grissom.
I also prefered Greg as a lab tech and not a CSI

Luna
29-04-2005, 11:05
They cant get rid of Grissom he's the only reason i watch the show!!

I hope he stays

ThirstyBandit
29-04-2005, 11:18
I also heard that, I was hoping it wasn't true but the more I watch it the more it looks like the end of Grissom.
I also prefered Greg as a lab tech and not a CSI

Greg in any capacity will do me - I'm not fussy :rotfl:

ThirstyBandit
29-04-2005, 11:21
They cant get rid of Grissom he's the only reason i watch the show!!

I hope he stays

Sorry. His contract runs out in 2007, but he wants to leave before that as he is fed up, and the producers are seriously thinking of letting him go.

It may cost him financially though. He gets money for appearing, money as executive producer, plus (I believe) a cut of the merchandising.

Not bad work if you can get it :rolleyes:

gbnut
29-04-2005, 22:13
i hope he does not go as he keeps the programme going by his funny ways!!!

Angeldelight
01-05-2005, 16:51
i'm afriad i have been hooked for years, i love the vegas it's just so brill and i really like miami version it really good. but i don't like the new newyork it's the the same as the others it's just so serious i eman come on lighten up!!!

Trinity
01-05-2005, 18:25
In Scotland we like to think of Horatio as the thinking girls Alex McLeich!

I love Vegas, love Miami, and guess what I am loving NY too!

AMBER68
01-05-2005, 21:26
I agree that he has the look of Alex McLeish about him !!!!! I love both Miami and Vegas but haven't managed to get into NY yet even tho I've watched all the episodes. The characters just haven't got any warmth or really much personality as far as I can gather. Perhaps it will just take until the 2nd series until we get more used to them.

ThirstyBandit
03-05-2005, 10:03
I agree that he has the look of Alex McLeish about him !!!!! I love both Miami and Vegas but haven't managed to get into NY yet even tho I've watched all the episodes. The characters just haven't got any warmth or really much personality as far as I can gather. Perhaps it will just take until the 2nd series until we get more used to them.

I think that in NY, they're angling for a relationship (of a personal nature) between Stella and Mac. I may be wrong. I often am !!!

Who is Alex McLeish?

Have any of you read the CSI books? I've read about four of the Vegas ones (there are also a couple of Miami ones, I believe). The last one I read had some wonderfully funny interplay between Grissom and Brass.

Excellent stuff :)

Trinity
03-05-2005, 13:12
Ex-Scottish footballer/Rangers manager (I think!)

Luna
03-05-2005, 14:31
In Scotland we like to think of Horatio as the thinking girls Alex McLeich!

I love Vegas, love Miami, and guess what I am loving NY too!

Oh yeah i've never really noticed that before, Yuk!!! Give me Martin O'Neil any day :love:

AMBER68
03-05-2005, 14:37
You are dead right - he is the manager of Rangers - have a look at him if you can - they are so alike. No, I haven't read any of the books - not too sure about them but any other book I have read of a film, t.v. programme, etc. has always been far better than the actual film. I might try to read one since you say they are quite good. I think Brass is so funny with his little quips and smart remarks !!! Has anybody tried any of the games for the p.c. ? I must confess to not being too smart when it comes to working things out so I'm not sure if they would be for me. Any opinions ? (on the games, not how stupid I am !!!)

ThirstyBandit
03-05-2005, 14:46
You are dead right - he is the manager of Rangers - have a look at him if you can - they are so alike. No, I haven't read any of the books - not too sure about them but any other book I have read of a film, t.v. programme, etc. has always been far better than the actual film. I might try to read one since you say they are quite good. I think Brass is so funny with his little quips and smart remarks !!! Has anybody tried any of the games for the p.c. ? I must confess to not being too smart when it comes to working things out so I'm not sure if they would be for me. Any opinions ? (on the games, not how stupid I am !!!)

I'm not into any type of computer game (I'm 41 :) ), but these books are excellent. The stories are brand new ones.

CSI: Grave Matters (2004)
CSI: Heat Wave (2004)
CSI: Body of Evidence (2003)
CSI: Miami: Florida Getaway (2003)
CSI: Cold Burn (2003)
CSI: Sin City (2002)
CSI: Double Dealer (2001)

I got the above list from a website, but have a feeling that there may be one more Miami book, and I think there are New York ones in the pipeline.

As to Jim Brass - he cracks me up. Lovely remark in this weeks episode when he and a CSI (can't remember which one) went to a hairdressers. The guy behind the counter asked if he wanted a haircut, and Brass replied "No thanks. I'm trying to get a rastafarian thing going on".

:rotfl:

AMBER68
04-05-2005, 08:42
Tee hee hee !!!! He cracks me up !!! I taped last nights on C5 so I'll watch it today when I get peace and quiet.

I must confess that I too am in my (early) 40's and probably don't have the time nor inclination to play computer games - I have just about mastered emailing and ask jeeves so I think I should stop while I am ahead !!!

I'll have a look for the books next time I'm in town and will try one to see what they are like. I love reading - it has to be about murders, serial killers, etc. though. Ian Rankin, Harlan Coben even old Agatha Christies are brilliant.

Just an added question, has there ever actually been anything between Sara and Grissom ? I have watched from the beginning but I might have missed something. She was drafted in after the csi got murdered so I take it if there was anything, it happened before she arrived in the programme.

Luna
04-05-2005, 09:01
Just an added question, has there ever actually been anything between Sara and Grissom ? I have watched from the beginning but I might have missed something. She was drafted in after the csi got murdered so I take it if there was anything, it happened before she arrived in the programme.

Yeah i've always wondered that too. But i dont think so. i think she's just going by her feelings and expects him to feel the same. Don't you think Cathrine and Grissom would make a better couple?

ThirstyBandit
04-05-2005, 10:42
Tee hee hee !!!! He cracks me up !!! I taped last nights on C5 so I'll watch it today when I get peace and quiet.

I must confess that I too am in my (early) 40's and probably don't have the time nor inclination to play computer games - I have just about mastered emailing and ask jeeves so I think I should stop while I am ahead !!!

I'll have a look for the books next time I'm in town and will try one to see what they are like. I love reading - it has to be about murders, serial killers, etc. though. Ian Rankin, Harlan Coben even old Agatha Christies are brilliant.

If you like murder/mystery/forensic/pathology type stuff, try Charlotte Cornwell, Jeffrey Deaver (brilliant).

I agree with you about Harlan Coben. I've only recently discovered him (?her).

I don't think there was anything between Grissom and Sara. She was his favourite student at a seminar he lectured at, but I don't think anything actually went on.

ThirstyBandit
04-05-2005, 10:44
Don't you think Cathrine and Grissom would make a better couple?

NO !!.

Me and Grissom would be a lovely couple :D (If he would only shave that damn beard off :rotfl: )

Luna
04-05-2005, 12:43
oh no i like the beard

AMBER68
04-05-2005, 13:10
Catherine and Grissom would be sort of ok but I think Catherine and Warwick seem to be quite good together. Sara just gets on my pimples - she is a bit of a weirdo and a loner. I'm sorry but you can't have Grissom, I want him too - with or without the beard !!! He just needs mothering and looking after (but my motives aren't all pure).

I've read some of Jeffrey Deaver and Patricia Cornwell. Quentine Jardine is good as is Robert Crais, Jonathan Kellerman and Faye Kellerman. I could open a shop with the amount of books I've got. I keep meaning to put them on ebay but as usual, have never got round to doing. My sister in law has made a tidy sum from selling stuff, e.g. her kids old books and toys, etc.

ThirstyBandit
04-05-2005, 14:52
Catherine and Grissom would be sort of ok but I think Catherine and Warwick seem to be quite good together. Sara just gets on my pimples - she is a bit of a weirdo and a loner. I'm sorry but you can't have Grissom, I want him too - with or without the beard !!! He just needs mothering and looking after (but my motives aren't all pure).

I've read some of Jeffrey Deaver and Patricia Cornwell. Quentine Jardine is good as is Robert Crais, Jonathan Kellerman and Faye Kellerman. I could open a shop with the amount of books I've got. I keep meaning to put them on ebay but as usual, have never got round to doing. My sister in law has made a tidy sum from selling stuff, e.g. her kids old books and toys, etc.

Get your sticky mitts off my Grissom. He's mine, I tell you. Aaaaalllll mine.

<takes valium>

I agree about Quentin Jardine and Jonathan Kellerman. I love Milo, bless 'im :) .

I couldn't really get on with Faye Kellerman. She (in my humble opinion) seems to ram the Jewishness down the reader's throat.

Never heard of Robert Crais. Must have a Google on that one.

AMBER68
04-05-2005, 15:08
ok - tell you what - we can share him - ok ? (in our dreams anyway)

I know what you mean about Faye Kellerman - some of the detail about Jewish traditions are quite interesting but she does tend to go on about them a bit too much. Robert Crais is brill too, kinda like Harlan Coben, well worth a read if you can get a hold of some of his stuff. I'm into a guy called Peter Robinson just now whose main character in a detective in northern england called Alan Banks. Took a wee bit getting into, but have really enjoyed them so far. Always on the look out for good books - as long as they are about murder, etc. !!!!!

ThirstyBandit
04-05-2005, 15:15
ok - tell you what - we can share him - ok ? (in our dreams anyway)

I know what you mean about Faye Kellerman - some of the detail about Jewish traditions are quite interesting but she does tend to go on about them a bit too much. Robert Crais is brill too, kinda like Harlan Coben, well worth a read if you can get a hold of some of his stuff. I'm into a guy called Peter Robinson just now whose main character in a detective in northern england called Alan Banks. Took a wee bit getting into, but have really enjoyed them so far. Always on the look out for good books - as long as they are about murder, etc. !!!!!

I'll have him 3 days a week. You have him 3 days a week. And we'll give him Sundays off :rotfl:

I've read some of Peter Robinson's stuff. The first one I ever read was the one where the drought brought the reservoir level down, and the flooded village appeared.

Great stuff.

It sounds like you and me are kindred spirits when it comes to books and TV :)

I've only read 2 of Harlan Coben, but they've both been brilliant.

Have you read "Want to Play?" by P.J. Tracy? Phenominal.

Also. If you like a good laugh, try the Stephanie Plum novels by Janet Evanovich.

They're easy to guess the order to read: One for the Money, Two for the Dough, Three to get Deadly, etc, etc, etc.

They start off a bit slow, but if you're not crying (literally) with laughter by book four, there is something wrong with you. :D

Evanovich actually makes you fall in love with two of the male characters. Check out her website at evanovich.com

Also try out Kathy Reichs and Linda Fairstein. Just read my first Fairstein, and it was very good.

gbnut
04-05-2005, 15:48
with regards to sarah they have not got together on the series but she used to work for him before when she was learning that is how she got the job as grissom recommended her. But i still do not think anything went on i just think she looks up to him rather than anything else.

Stacy
04-05-2005, 21:14
Do you not think there is some chemistry between Grissom and Sarah though?

AMBER68
05-05-2005, 08:56
Yep - it's great to speak to somebody else who likes the same books as me as none of my family are readers. I have read P.J. Tracey - I think there are three books so far ? Denis Lehane is good too also Martina Cole and a new author I have just found called Jilliane Hoffman. I've read Retribution and have just bought Last Witness. There are just so many brilliant books, I could spend a fortune in Waterstones !!!

Do you ever watch Law and Order or any of the offshoots ? Apart from CSI, it's probably my favourite programme. There's a double bill on every night on Hallmark Channel (if you have digital or Sky), but it's getting to the stage when I have seen most of them :( .

ThirstyBandit
05-05-2005, 10:17
Yep - it's great to speak to somebody else who likes the same books as me as none of my family are readers. I have read P.J. Tracey - I think there are three books so far ? Denis Lehane is good too also Martina Cole and a new author I have just found called Jilliane Hoffman. I've read Retribution and have just bought Last Witness. There are just so many brilliant books, I could spend a fortune in Waterstones !!!

Do you ever watch Law and Order or any of the offshoots ? Apart from CSI, it's probably my favourite programme. There's a double bill on every night on Hallmark Channel (if you have digital or Sky), but it's getting to the stage when I have seen most of them :( .

I'm about to order 2 more P.J. Tracy books. I'll look out for Jilliane Hoffman, though.

I love L&O. R.I.P. Jerry Orbach. Vincent D'Onofrio is very high up on my "I wish" list. :) I love Criminal Intent. SVU is OK, although I adore the character of Munch. He cracks me up. Ice T, on the other hand, I can't understand a word he says. :wall:

OK. Here goes. What about Without a Trace?

willow
05-05-2005, 11:06
i love csi and law and order! but have never got round to watch without a trace it is ment to be really good!

AMBER68
05-05-2005, 16:27
Right - this is getting kinda spooky now !!!!! Are we the same person but in different universes ???? :hmm:

I love Without a Trace and am watching the repeats on channel 4 in the mornings just now. I've seen them all but they are still worth another look. Munch is really funny in Law and Order but my absolute fave is Chris Meloni - not usually my type but very strong and powerful. I love the tattoo on his arm although I have never made out what it is. Jerry Orbach was great and I was so upset when I heard he had died. I knew that he had cancer but thought that he was recovering. I prefer the newer episodes as I was never very keen on Benjamin Bratt - something about him I never took to !!!

Also have a dark secret !!!!! I quite like Horatio in CSI Miami (ssshhhhhh - don't tell anybody). And also Nick in CSI especially since he had his hair cut and also Greg cos he is just soooo cute !! Listen to me, you would think I was 20 odd instead of somewhere about double that !!! Oh well, one can only dream ..........

ThirstyBandit
05-05-2005, 16:46
Right - this is getting kinda spooky now !!!!! Are we the same person but in different universes ???? :hmm:

I love Without a Trace and am watching the repeats on channel 4 in the mornings just now. I've seen them all but they are still worth another look. Munch is really funny in Law and Order but my absolute fave is Chris Meloni - not usually my type but very strong and powerful. I love the tattoo on his arm although I have never made out what it is. Jerry Orbach was great and I was so upset when I heard he had died. I knew that he had cancer but thought that he was recovering. I prefer the newer episodes as I was never very keen on Benjamin Bratt - something about him I never took to !!!

Also have a dark secret !!!!! I quite like Horatio in CSI Miami (ssshhhhhh - don't tell anybody). And also Nick in CSI especially since he had his hair cut and also Greg cos he is just soooo cute !! Listen to me, you would think I was 20 odd instead of somewhere about double that !!! Oh well, one can only dream ..........

<throws up> You can keep Horatio. I can't stand Carusso. I agree about all the male cast of CSI Vegas. Nick is quite cute, Greg is adorable, and I wouldn't say no to Warrick if he asked me nicely. Nor Brass if the truth be told. I'm not desperate, honestly. :rotfl:

I'm not a Chris Meloni fan - saw some gay mag covers on the internet where he looked VERY convincing in makeup, leather gear, etc, and it rather put me off !!!!

Benjamin Bratt - cute face, but too much hair gel :)

One of my mates on another board has just come back from five days in NY. I think it would be very dangerous if I went there - no male in an NYPD uniform would be safe :love:

Off home now. Hope to talk tomorrow.

AMBER68
15-05-2005, 19:46
Hey - sory haven't been on for a few days, my p.c. finally gave up and we had to get a new hard drive - whatever that may be - but I am back in action. What did you think of csi:ny on Saturday. There was a wee bit more of the personalities coming through I thought - but still not too much. I'm warming to it a wee bit but still not as much as the other two. Do you watch The Bill ? I always did but recently have missed it now and again, or on Thursday, my tape didn't work so I don't know if the quite sexy in a weird sort of way Terry survives Margaret's knife attack !!!! any idea ?

ThirstyBandit
16-05-2005, 11:39
Hey - sory haven't been on for a few days, my p.c. finally gave up and we had to get a new hard drive - whatever that may be - but I am back in action. What did you think of csi:ny on Saturday. There was a wee bit more of the personalities coming through I thought - but still not too much. I'm warming to it a wee bit but still not as much as the other two. Do you watch The Bill ? I always did but recently have missed it now and again, or on Thursday, my tape didn't work so I don't know if the quite sexy in a weird sort of way Terry survives Margaret's knife attack !!!! any idea ?

Hey. Wondered where you'd got to :) It's a pain when the computer dies on you, isn't it? I get withdrawal symptoms if I can't get on the Net. I think I'm going to have to cave in soon, and get a PC for home.

I saw CSI: NY. That was some storyline about the clothes being stolen from the dead bodies, and the formaldahyde <sp?> killing the new owners. Where the hell do they think these things up? I can see a "thing" happening with Stella and Mac.

Did you notice in last weeks Vegas, that the woman who was playing "nursey" to the guy who liked to dress up as a baby, was Susan Ward - played Meg Cummings in the fabulously bad Sunset Beach?

I don't really watch the Bill. My dad was addicted, so when I went to visit my parents, I didn't have any choice in the matter, but he passed away last November, and mum doesn't bother with The Bill any more.

Is Terry the "more mature" guy, with the earring? If so, I have no idea what happens to him. I quite like the detective chappie who had the heart attack last year, during the episode when Bob Cryer and all the old ones came back for Ted's funeral. Can't remember his name.

Not that I watch it, you understand. :rotfl:

AMBER68
16-05-2005, 16:10
Hiya - sorry, I didn't realise that you used a work p.c. We only got ours a few years ago and I must admit, we do use it a lot. I use it for the email and soap sites and spoilers mainly but my hubby uses it to play football games and find out football scores and music stuff !!! I think we use it more than the kids.

Yep, Terry is the older guy with the pointed features. Jack is the one who had a heart attack and I must admit he is rather nice for an older man. I thought csi:ny was a bit far fetched with the clothes, but I suppose it must be difficult to come up with continuous new ideas. I think that Stella and Mac might come to something but don't you think the other ones are pretty nondescript ? The doctor seems quite nice but again not a lot about his personality. I watched a good thing last week on UK Living called something like Do You Believe ? It was Australian and 2 psychics (sp) investigated an old murder case and it was amazing what they seemed to know. I taped it though and the tape ran out before the end so I don't know if they ever found her body or not !!! Typical. I also missed csi last week on channel 5 cos the channel wasn't tuned in properly :wall:

God I sound soooooo boring but being realistic, I probably don't do that much else but watch t.v. !!!!

ThirstyBandit
18-05-2005, 13:38
Hiya - sorry, I didn't realise that you used a work p.c. We only got ours a few years ago and I must admit, we do use it a lot. I use it for the email and soap sites and spoilers mainly but my hubby uses it to play football games and find out football scores and music stuff !!! I think we use it more than the kids.

Yep, Terry is the older guy with the pointed features. Jack is the one who had a heart attack and I must admit he is rather nice for an older man. I thought csi:ny was a bit far fetched with the clothes, but I suppose it must be difficult to come up with continuous new ideas. I think that Stella and Mac might come to something but don't you think the other ones are pretty nondescript ? The doctor seems quite nice but again not a lot about his personality. I watched a good thing last week on UK Living called something like Do You Believe ? It was Australian and 2 psychics (sp) investigated an old murder case and it was amazing what they seemed to know. I taped it though and the tape ran out before the end so I don't know if they ever found her body or not !!! Typical. I also missed csi last week on channel 5 cos the channel wasn't tuned in properly :wall:

God I sound soooooo boring but being realistic, I probably don't do that much else but watch t.v. !!!!

Sorry. I was off sick yesterday - a delightful combination of bronchitis, (other pains that I won't mention on here, but if men ever suffered from them, they'd have found a cure pretty damn quick :D ) and a hangover :sick:

If you missed last Tuesday's Vegas, you missed seeing sweet, innocent, "Meg Cummings" (Sunset Beach), doing very strange things to a guy who liked to dress up as a baby. :eek:

I think that we've only just started with CSI NY, and that they'll break us in gently with all the new characters. If we get all the gen on them, all at once, it will be too much to take in - well it would be for me, anyway :lol:

AMBER68
18-05-2005, 16:25
Hi - wondered where you were yesterday !!!

I tried to send you a personal message but was told I don't have sufficient priviledges or something. Mainly because I don't think too many people are interested in our two way conversation. Sorry if that wasn't appropriate. I am not "up" on computer etiquette so please forgive me :searchme:

Thought last nights was quite good but did not understand the betting jargon at all - waaayyy beyond what I can understand. Was it my imagination or was there a slight spark between Catherine and Warrick ? I have always thought that they were very well suited and that something may happen. I wish Gil would get a love interest. (all right, calm down - it won't be you or me unfortunately :wub: ) I just think that they could expand his character a wee bit more if he was involved. I think I have also given that wayyyy too much thought.

The CSI;Miami that's on tonight is one I have seen before unfortunately, so I will probably watch Law and Order on Hallmark although I have seen most of them too !!!! Or there may be football on too so I might watch that. Sorry again if it was "not the done thing" to p.m. you - but I couldn't do it anyway.

p.s. bought a csi book on your recommendation and although I wasn't keen, I am really enjoying it. Sin City I think it's called about a born again christian whose husband threatened to cut her up and then she disappears and is found cut in half !! That's as far as I have got. I saw a new Michael Connolly book in Waterstones today but I will try and get it in Asda as it is about £4 cheaper !!! Love Harry Bosch novels.

see ya !!! Karen

ThirstyBandit
18-05-2005, 16:29
Hi - wondered where you were yesterday !!!

I tried to send you a personal message but was told I don't have sufficient priviledges or something. Mainly because I don't think too many people are interested in our two way conversation. Sorry if that wasn't appropriate. I am not "up" on computer etiquette so please forgive me :searchme:

Thought last nights was quite good but did not understand the betting jargon at all - waaayyy beyond what I can understand. Was it my imagination or was there a slight spark between Catherine and Warrick ? I have always thought that they were very well suited and that something may happen. I wish Gil would get a love interest. (all right, calm down - it won't be you or me unfortunately :wub: ) I just think that they could expand his character a wee bit more if he was involved. I think I have also given that wayyyy too much thought.

The CSI;Miami that's on tonight is one I have seen before unfortunately, so I will probably watch Law and Order on Hallmark although I have seen most of them too !!!! Or there may be football on too so I might watch that. Sorry again if it was "not the done thing" to p.m. you - but I couldn't do it anyway.

p.s. bought a csi book on your recommendation and although I wasn't keen, I am really enjoying it. Sin City I think it's called about a born again christian whose husband threatened to cut her up and then she disappears and is found cut in half !! That's as far as I have got. I saw a new Michael Connolly book in Waterstones today but I will try and get it in Asda as it is about £4 cheaper !!! Love Harry Bosch novels.

see ya !!! Karen

I'm quite happy for you to PM me, if the system will let you.

I haven't watched this week's Vegas yet. Saving myself for the weekend.

Not bothered about Miami - especially repeats.

I notice that they've cancelled Law & Order: Trial by Jury in the States. Probably means that Five won't bother to buy it.

Pity. I would have liked to see the wonderful Jerry Orbach one last time.

Rain_
19-05-2005, 12:09
p.s. bought a csi book on your recommendation and although I wasn't keen, I am really enjoying it.

I bought one last week "Binding Ties" ended up buying another 4 yesterday. Not really into crime fiction but i think because you know the characters already they make a good read. And it's only based on the tv series not copied from it so it's not like your going to pick up a book and know the storyline from the show

ThirstyBandit
19-05-2005, 12:15
I bought one last week "Binding Ties" ended up buying another 4 yesterday. Not really into crime fiction but i think because you know the characters already they make a good read. And it's only based on the tv series not copied from it so it's not like your going to pick up a book and know the storyline from the show

I agree. It's great to know the characters beforehand (and to be able to picture their faces), but to have a wholly new story.

Great stuff.

Actually, I'm hopping mad today. I taped Tuesday's CSI, only to find I had Alias instead. It wasn't even on the flipping schedules. Luckily I had set it to run on for the Real CSI show afterwards, and got CSI. I just hope I have the whole thing.

Seriously hacked off with Five. :wall:

AMBER68
19-05-2005, 14:23
Hiya !! Just finished reading my first csi book and I really enjoyed it. Not what I would call heavy going - easy to put down and pick up as and when but good all the same. I was gutted this morning as Asda don't have the new Michael Connolly book I wanted so now I have to decide whether to shell out another £4 and buy it from Waterstones. How can Asda and Tesco, etc. sell them for so much cheaper? Not that I am complaining that they do - more money left in my pocket. Have you ever tried to buy books off Amazon or eBay ? I tried it once or twice but found that although the books were dirt cheap, the postage always bumped the price up too much. I am always getting nagged at to sell some of my books but it's just the hassle of organising it all what with photos, etc. Mind you, that's because I am a lazy bitch and can't be bothered doing much anyway :thumbsup:

AMBER68
19-05-2005, 14:25
I just noticed the wee penguins at the bottom of your posts and have just spend the last five minutes giggling away to myself with my two dogs looking at me as if I have finally lost the plot (they may be right).

ThirstyBandit
19-05-2005, 14:30
I just noticed the wee penguins at the bottom of your posts and have just spend the last five minutes giggling away to myself with my two dogs looking at me as if I have finally lost the plot (they may be right).

Wee penguins? Are you Scottish by any chance? :)

AMBER68
19-05-2005, 17:02
Indeed I am !!! From a boring city in middle Scotland. Not much happens here hence my preoccupation with t.v. and books !!! (or maybe I am just a saddo anyway) Aren't those penguins cute !!! (and wee)

Rain_
13-07-2005, 03:36
i sat down to watch the quentin tarantino finale of csi last night and they changed it :(

Luna
13-07-2005, 07:52
Yeah i noticed that too wonder y?

willow
13-07-2005, 08:41
how did they change it?

Luna
13-07-2005, 09:00
It was on old episode they put on

willow
13-07-2005, 09:04
oh no!!, its a really good ep too!!!

ThirstyBandit
13-07-2005, 10:02
It was on old episode they put on

Sh*t. I taped it. So was it a double-header of repeat episodes?

And there was me thinking C5 were one of the better ones. After all their big promotion.

Huh. :thumbsdow

Edit

Just rang Channel Five.

They pulled the episodes last night, because part of one of the storylines involved a suicide bomber, and they thought it to be somewhat insensitive to broadcast it when news was coming in that very day that the London bombings were probably done by suicide bombers.

I'll forgive them.

In other Channel Five news - they didn't get the rights to Season 5 of Angel, and they don't know who did.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggghhhh hhhhhhhhhhh.

Luna
13-07-2005, 12:44
Did they mention when it would be back on?

ThirstyBandit
13-07-2005, 12:46
Did they mention when it would be back on?

They hope to air the double-episode finale next week.

Fingers crossed.

Luna
13-07-2005, 12:55
Oh good!!!! Cant wait to see it.

Do you know when the new series of CSI Miami will be starting?

ThirstyBandit
13-07-2005, 13:19
Oh good!!!! Cant wait to see it.

Do you know when the new series of CSI Miami will be starting?

Sorry. Not a clue. I suspect (assuming Five successfully negotiated for the rights) that they will start to show it after the summer.

Trinity
13-07-2005, 13:20
All my fav programmes will be off over the rest of the summer, CSI, DH. The only thing left is House!

Luna
13-07-2005, 13:22
I know i hate having to wait for a few year to get them back

ThirstyBandit
13-07-2005, 13:24
I'm liking House.

I can't wait for Lost to start airing (Channel Four). Apparently, it's "the thing" to see this year.

Luna
13-07-2005, 13:24
oh right haven't heard of that one

Trinity
13-07-2005, 13:26
I will look out for Lost. House is fab. hugh Lawrie is amazing in it.

ThirstyBandit
13-07-2005, 13:32
oh right haven't heard of that one

From J.J. Abrams, the creator of Alias, and Damon Lindelof (Crossing Jordan) comes an action-packed adventure that will bring out the very best and the very worst in the people who are lost.

Out of the blackness, the first thing Jack (Matthew Fox, Party of Five) senses is pain. Then burning sun. A Bamboo forest. Smoke. Screams. With a rush comes the horrible awareness that the plane he was on tore apart in mid-air and crashed on a Pacific island. From there it's a blur, as his doctor's instinct kicks in: people need his help.

Stripped of everything, the 48 survivors scavenge what they can from the plane for their survival. Some panic. Some pin their hopes on rescue. A few find inner strength they never knew they had — like Kate (Evangeline Lilly), who, with no medical training, suddenly finds herself suturing the doctor's wounds. Hurley (Jorge Garcia) — a man with a warm sense of humor despite the desperate situation — does his best to keep his cool as he helps those around him to survive. Charlie (Dominic Monaghan) is a faded rock star who harbors a painful secret. Sayid (Naveen Andrews) is a Middle Eastern man who must wrestle with the racial profiling directed at him by some of his fellow survivors. Jin (Daniel Dae Kim) and Sun (Yunjin Kim) are a Korean couple whose traditions, values and language are foreign and thus causes much to get lost in the translation.

Sawyer (Josh Holloway) has an air of danger surrounding him, and his intense sense of mistrust for everyone around him could prove to be fatal to his fellow castaways. Michael (Harold Perrineau) has just gained custody of his nine-year-old son, Walt (Malcolm David Kelley), after the death of his ex-wife — they are a father and son who don't even know each other. Locke (Terry O'Quinn) is a mysterious man who keeps to himself, and who harbors a deeper connection to the island than any of the others. And self-centered Shannon (Maggie Grace) — who actually gives herself a pedicure amid the chaos — and her estranged controlling brother, Boone (Ian Somerhalder) — constantly bicker and must learn to get along if they are to survive.

The band of friends, family, enemies and strangers must work together against the cruel weather and harsh terrain if they want to stay alive. But the island holds many secrets, including the intense howls of the mysterious creatures stalking the jungle, which fill them all with fear. Fortunately, thanks to the calm leadership of quick-thinking Jack and level-headed Kate, they have hope. But even heroes have secrets, as the survivors will come to learn.

It doesn't look so fabulous, I have to admit, in the above synopsis, but apparently it's absolutely brilliant, and gets more and more "edge of your seat" every week.

I'll be setting my video !!

Luna
13-07-2005, 13:35
Oh i'll have to look out for that one

Jojo
20-08-2005, 11:39
What season of CSI (Miami and Vegas) are showing at the mo on living?? Does anyone know?

willow
20-08-2005, 11:42
vegas is the new seires (5) not sure about miami

Jojo
20-08-2005, 11:44
Excellent, I'm thinking I'm going to have to buy some DVD's!!

Did you watch last night on living, with the skeleton??

willow
20-08-2005, 12:13
i was watching one and i fell asleep!! were was the skeleton?

Jojo
20-08-2005, 12:14
It was scattered all over the place in the desert...

willow
20-08-2005, 12:32
not sure about that one......................i will have a think!!

Jojo
21-08-2005, 11:01
I felt for Grissom, cause the skull lady was there, who he was obviously attracted, they finally went out for a meal, and he was called away, so she left without saying goodbye :( I would have stayed :D

gbnut
21-08-2005, 19:30
vegas is the new seires (5) not sure about miami

i think it is season 4 as season 5 has not been aired yet. channel 5 have just shown season 4 and as far as i can see it is that season which is now being played on living. season 5 has not been aired yet in this country. miamis new season is being played on 5 at the moment so it is repetes on living. so it will be either season 2 or 1

Jojo
21-08-2005, 23:42
Thanks - I can work out how many more I have to look forward to before they decide to have a break between seasons, if they do...

Luna
22-08-2005, 11:28
Does anyone know what happened at the end of last nights second episode?

Jojo
22-08-2005, 11:35
The body in the pool and the missing woman?? I saw it, where did you see up to..?

Luna
22-08-2005, 11:38
Yup thats the one - fell asleep think i only seen about half an hour of it can only really remember her getting found in the pool and someone finding what looked like a a false nail???

Jojo
22-08-2005, 11:46
I watched it twice (how sad am I!!)

It turned out that the couple were brother and sister and they were going around grifting people, using alias' etc. The sister pushed the woman into a pond full of pirhana (sp?) fish which disposed of the body - the fish tested positive for carbs, which they don't produce naturally, because she was having a relationship with the brother, so it was more of a love thing so to speak as the sister thought that he would leave her, and it turned out they were wanted in loads of states for murder, extortion etc. Warrick sorted the other one, though I more interested in Grissoms (wonder why!) and when he went to the casino, was concerned that he might get drawn back into gambling....

I think that was pretty much it.

Luna
22-08-2005, 11:50
oooooohhhh brother and sister eh??? never saw that one coming

thanks for the run down i would have went mad if i didn't find out what had happened

Jojo
25-08-2005, 09:30
I can't wait till tomorrow though - Gil and his beard :wub:

I know what I'm like if I watch part of it and then miss the end. No probs :D

JustJodi
20-10-2005, 01:36
I watched it twice (how sad am I!!)

It turned out that the couple were brother and sister and they were going around grifting people, using alias' etc. The sister pushed the woman into a pond full of pirhana (sp?) fish which disposed of the body - the fish tested positive for carbs, which they don't produce naturally, because she was having a relationship with the brother, so it was more of a love thing so to speak as the sister thought that he would leave her, and it turned out they were wanted in loads of states for murder, extortion etc. Warrick sorted the other one, though I more interested in Grissoms (wonder why!) and when he went to the casino, was concerned that he might get drawn back into gambling....

I think that was pretty much it.

Yeaaaaa i remember that one really well, an aging show girl was supposed to have been the woman they shoved in the fish tank, and it was cholesterol they tested in the fish,,, fish do not have cholesterol,, yea that was a good one

JustJodi
20-10-2005, 01:37
Yup thats the one - fell asleep think i only seen about half an hour of it can only really remember her getting found in the pool and someone finding what looked like a a false nail???

actually it was a tooth,, and do u remember how they got her DNA ???

my gawd i just hit 2000 posts,, ok wheres the brass band, champagne and fooooo d LOL:rotfl: