PDA

View Full Version : John Terry

tammyy2j
01-02-2010, 13:01
Whats everyone thoughts on him now?

Should he be striped of the captaincy? How can he and Bridges play on the same team now?

http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/2292/editorials/2010/02/01/1770891/england-comment-why-john-terry-must-hand-in-the-captains

After a weekend of damaging revelations surrounding John Terry and his affair with Wayne Bridge's partner Vanessa Perroncel, all eyes are on Fabio Capello.

Will the single-minded England manager take tough action against his publicly-disgraced skipper and demand that he hand over his armband? Regardless, the onus to do the right thing should not be on Capello, but on John Terry.

If the 29-year-old defender wants to preserve the little respect he has left in the England dressing room and ensure he is on that plane to South Africa, he must accept to Capello that his position as captain is now untenable.

Capello, a devout Roman Catholic, is likely to be unimpressed by the allegations this weekend that Terry paid for his secret lover to have an abortion. But the Italian will want to hear Terry's version of events first, when the two meet in the coming days. After that tense conversation, a decision should be made immediately.

Many people in England believe that Terry's affair with the French model and mother of Wayne Bridge's child is a private matter, unrelated to his ability to perform on the pitch for the national team.

'JT' has committed no crime; say the most blinkered Chelsea fans and the most fervently-patriotic England supporters who are desperate for the Three Lions to go all the way at the World Cup.

But by 'doing the dirty' on a team-mate (and former best friend) Terry has broken the code of the dressing room. No longer can Terry look his team-mates in the eye and command their full respect. Moreover, reports have emerged that some of Terry's international team-mates are 'disgusted' by his behaviour.

England cannot afford to have a divided dressing room ahead of the World Cup. But above any concerns surrounding England's chances at this summer's tournament is the integrity of the sport in this country.

Nobody expects footballers to be saints - and often the best players get away with the most.

This World Cup will see Diego Maradona - a former cocaine addict with a history of outrageous indiscretions - in charge of Argentina, whilst France qualified by way of a dubious Thierry Henry hand ball that went unpunished.

But the position of England captain is, in reality, as high profile as any in this sport, hence the comments from Sports minister Gerry Sutcliffe today that a decision must be made on Terry's captaincy.

The England captain is expected to be a role model to a generation of youngsters - a real life 'Roy of the Rovers' whose face is adorned on cereal boxes and whose name is emblazoned on the back of official shirts.

It is an image that John Terry and his representatives have worked hard to cultivate over the years. Terry is 'Mr Chelsea' - a natural leader who gives his all for England, too - is the general claim.

This latest sex scandal to hit Terry follows years of kiss-and-tell tabloid stories and reports of drunken, loutish behaviour. The entire image has proven to be farce.

Few will doubt that this is one scandal too many for Terry - and by far the most damaging to his reputation. But he can salvage his England career by resigning as captain before forcing Capello make the decision for him.

If John Terry leads England out on Wembley's hallowed turf once more, then the integrity of our national game will be undermined - at this World Cup and beyond.

Katy
01-02-2010, 14:48
ive just handed in a 4000 word essay which was meant to say how privacy Article 8 of the Human Rights Act was now given greater attention in the UK and had lots of cases on how people have succeded in injunctions and also the new super injunction and the Mr Terry came a long and change things entirely!!!

I am glad he got exposed as even though it is his private life the people he was trying to protect probably already knew by the time it hit the papers and the judge ruled that the real reason he wanted protection was the damage it would do to his career and his sposership / other moneuy making deals he potentially could have.

I hve a horrible feeling that Terry will still play for ENgland, probably not as captain but i doubt Bridge will, theres no way they will play together.but i guess time will tell.

lizann
02-02-2010, 11:49
He is a better player than Bridges so i'd imagine Fabio will keep him in the starting line up for England but he should lose the captaincy

Perdita
02-02-2010, 20:59
John Terry's wife Toni Poole has reportedly vowed to stand by him despite his alleged infidelity.

Poole flew out to Dubai last week following reports that Terry had cheated on her with model Vanessa Perroncel, the former partner of his England team-mate Wayne Bridge. Her decision to leave the country sparked rumours that she wanted a divorce.

However, according to the Daily Star, the 28-year-old has told friends: "I am not divorcing John. We have known each other since we were kids - and nothing will shake our marriage. I am standing by him 100%."

Poole, who has 3-year-old twins with the footballer, is said to have added: "I am in Dubai with the children now to protect them from the media.

"But I am talking and texting John all the time and sending him pictures of the twins. John and I love each other very much. Every marriage goes through turmoil and this is no different. We will be together for ever no matter what life throws at us."

Terry is expected to join Poole in Dubai for Valentine's weekend later this month.

sindydoll
03-02-2010, 20:16
she is a prostitute and i will say that about any woman who sleeps with any man for their money because what else are they?
and as for his wife standing by him well she is as bad lets face it she stood by him when he slept with a 16 year old fan who wanted his autograph....there just prostitutes....they use men for money...he as slept with other women for years while with his wife he as always done it so its nothing new...was it this one or another one he paid £20,000 to have a abortion

tammyy2j
05-02-2010, 16:53
John Terry has been dropped as England football captain following a meeting with the national manager Fabio Capello over his alleged affair, Sky News sources say.

sindydoll
06-02-2010, 13:58
and he might lose £20m like he cant afford to

Chloe O'brien
07-02-2010, 02:24
There are even more revelations in tomorrow's papers about him and his affairs. Any othe wife of girlfriend would have him out on his ass days ago. But if his wife is standing by him then she is a fool. She is only staying with him for the money and the publicity that comes with being a WAG to a top rated footballer. She is not thinking of her kids or their wellbeing just herself.

Perdita
07-02-2010, 08:23
John Terrys wife fought back tears yesterday as she spoke for the first time about her cheating husband and added: The bottom line is I love him.

Toni, her lip quivering with emotion, made it clear she was giving Terry another chance after his fling with French lingerie model Vanessa Perroncel for the sake of their three-year-old twins Georgie John and Summer Rose.

Looking at the floor and speaking in a whisper she added: Its not just about me. I love him too much and hes a great dad.

I have had so much support from friends. I dont want to say too much. The bottom line is I love my husband.

Toni, 28, broke her silence during a shopping trip in Dubai with the twins and her parents Alan and Sue.

And a friend said later: Toni is devastated at her husbands betrayal, yet calm amidst the tears. Her children love their dad. Their dad loves them, despite everything. She will always put the children first.

The truth is she loves John. They are basically school sweethearts.

Back in Britain, 33-year-old Vanessa, former girlfriend of Terrys ex-Chelsea colleague Wayne Bridge, angrily denied she had flings with other team members.

She is said to have wept after being told of reports that she bedded former strikers Adrian Mutu and Eidur Gudjohnsen.

Vanessa, who lives near Terry in Oxshott, Surrey, told a friend: These are total lies. The idea I am some kind of femme fatale who sleeps with every one is totally false.

But the reports clearly caused a stir at the West London club. The agency representing current Chelsea stars Didier Drogba, Michael Essien and Petr Cech even went on the record to deny any of the trio had a relationship with Vanessa.

Spokeswoman Caroline McAteer said: I can categorically deny that Didier had a relationship with Vanessa and the same goes for the other two players.

Didier is a neighbour of John and Vanessa but many of the Chelsea players live in the same area. He is absolutely not involved with this 100 per cent. Vanessa is also said to have confessed to a friend that sleeping with Terry, once Bridges best friend, was a huge mistake.

The England skipper allegedly paid for her to have an abortion in October.

The friend said: Vanessa wishes she could wind back the clock. She made a stupid decision, a terrible error that has hurt everyone.

The idea that she is some kind of hard seductress could not be further from the reality. She is a sweet girl who did something very silly.

Vanessa, who split with Manchester City star Bridge in July, is desperate to mend her relationship with him for the sake of their son Jaydon, three.

The friend added: Wayne is not in a good place and still cant quite believe she betrayed him with John Terry of all people. But she has apologised to him profusely and insisted they both need to put it behind them and focus on their childs happiness. Waynes anger is still very raw.

Vanessa blames Terry for the scandal. The friend said: Terry made all the running. He pursued her from day one. Relentlessly.

She felt uncomfortable because of Wayne but Terry said it didnt matter.

Vanessa is alleged to have started an affair with Gudjohnsen, 31, in 2003 after meeting him at the Elysium nightclub in London, a popular venue for Chelsea players.

The married father-of-three is reported to have spent the night with her.

Gudjohnsen left the club in 2006 when he signed for Barcelona and has since joined Tottenham. He denies any inappropriate relationship with Vanessa.

It is also claimed Vanessa had a fling with twice married striker Romanian Adrian Mutu before he was sacked by Chelsea in 2004. He was subsequently given a seven-month world ban after testing positive for cocaine.

tammyy2j
07-02-2010, 20:20
How many times can she forgive him apparently he has cheated loads even when she was pregnant and has paid some women to keep quiet

Perdita
07-02-2010, 21:10
Unless you are where she is, you would not understand. Maybe, after a while of reflection, she might still change her mind about staying with him

tammyy2j
08-02-2010, 12:04
I think she likes the money and her wag lifestyle way too much

sindydoll
09-02-2010, 23:26
I think she likes the money and her wag lifestyle way too much

of course she does thats why she lets him off all the time its not love its just money

tammyy2j
25-02-2010, 16:30
Manchester City defender Wayne Bridge has made himself unavailable for England's World Cup campaign in South Africa.

The 29-year-old's refusal to be a part of the England squad comes in the wake of the scandal surrounding former Chelsea team-mate John Terry's affair with Bridge's former partner, Vanessa Perroncel.

Bridge was on the verge of a likely international call-up from Fabio Capello to replace the injured Ashley Cole in next week's friendly against Egypt, but the City left-back has now made himself unavailable both for that match and the England World Cup campaign.

"I have thought long and hard about my position in the England football team in the light of the reporting and events over the last few weeks," Bridge said in a statement released by his lawyers.

"It has always been an honour to play for England. However, after careful thought I believe my position in the squad is now untenable and potentially divisive."

"Sadly therefore I feel for the sake of the team and in order to avoid what will be inevitable distractions, I have decided not to put myself forward for selection.

"I have today informed the management of this decision. I wish the team all the very best in South Africa."

Bridge will still come face-to-face with Terry in the next week, however, as Chelsea host City in the Premier League this weekend.