PDA

View Full Version : The 6 Nations 2010

alan45
31-01-2010, 02:12
Its 2010 and next week the Six Nations returns. Who do you fancy for this year. Judging by the last match its obvious who the RFU fancy, Hopefully the mighty Ireland will knock the wheels from the chariot

http://www.rbs6nations.com/en/matchcentre/match-centre_fixtures-results.php

Chloe O'brien
31-01-2010, 02:15
Got to be between Ireland and Wales. Much as I would like Scotland to win the six nations it aint going to happen although we have been playing better since Andy Robinson took over. I will go for Ireland to win the Six Nations.

Abigail
31-01-2010, 11:14
Not sure but I'm gutted that I don't have a tv to watch this year's tournament.

CrazyLea
31-01-2010, 23:28
I reckon between Ireland and Wales too. Hopefully anyway. Can't wait for it to starrrrt!

Chloe O'brien
01-02-2010, 00:04
Not sure but I'm gutted that I don't have a tv to watch this year's tournament.

Don't you have a tv in your Uni house Abigail. The matches will be available on Iplayer or possibly screened live on bbc news so you can watch them there.

Katy
01-02-2010, 10:12
Come on Ireland!!! Retain that trophy, we do look quite good this year, and Kidney seems to be making necessary changes,

WAles are looking strong. And i have been impressed with Scotland, there are a few good players in that side.

Siobhan
01-02-2010, 10:14
Sorry.. have to go with Ireland...

tammyy2j
01-02-2010, 10:37
Ireland

Jojo
02-02-2010, 09:26
England for the wooden spoon this year :lol:

My money would have to be on Ireland or Wales this year, but then France is always there, but with a new coach - who knows....

lizann
02-02-2010, 10:34
Ireland to win

alan45
08-02-2010, 16:42
Well following the first weekend of the Six Nations its apparent that all the teams will need to play a lot better. Ireland were lazy and really should have slaughtered the Italians. They wont find Les Bleus so easy on Saturday especially away from Croke Park. Scotland deserved better as they played well against the french. What a name the French try scorer had. I can just here him being discussed in Scottish Pubs BASTAREAUD. You couldnt make it up if you tried. England were lucky that Wales didnt beat them. Alun Wynn Jones cost the Welsh the match with his crazy trip

Siobhan
08-02-2010, 16:50
The second half of the Irish match was unforgettable... they need to maintain the progress they had in first half.. if they can keep that up for the full game, France should be a good match and a win for us.

tammyy2j
08-02-2010, 16:51
For what the French feckers did to Ireland in Soccer i hope the boys in Green destroy them in the rubgy

alan45
08-02-2010, 18:36
For what the French feckers did to Ireland in Soccer i hope the boys in Green destroy them in the rubgy

Their rugby players are as good as their footballers

Stade Francais prop David Attoub has been hit with a mammoth 70 week-ban from rugby union for eye gouging.

Attoub, 28, was cited for gouging Ulster lock Stephen Ferris during a stormy European Cup clash on December 12 in Belfast that the Irish province won 23-13.

The ban follows a 24-week ban given to Attoub's team-mate and scrum-half Julien Dupuy who also gouged Ferris in the same match.

Dupuy, who began the year as a starter in the French international lineup,

Katy
08-02-2010, 21:19
thought the England Wales game was the best of the weekend, I agree Alan that tackle and sin binning cost the Welsh the match, lved when Jones, the prop i think he is gt the ball to score a try, he had a look on his face as if to say what am i meant to do with this!

Ireland need to improve, but they were only getting int it, next weekend will be different im sure, there were a couple f moments that looked really good, Leo Cullen, O Leary and Kearney were all good, looking forward to seeing mre of them

Chloe O'brien
14-02-2010, 02:18
WTF can you believe Scotland today. Ten points ahead with seven minutes remaining and the daft fookers threw it away with having two men sent off. I can't believe it. It's the best Scotland have played in ages and we scored two tries. What a fooking disaster.

alan45
14-02-2010, 02:21
Ireland too lost the match by having a player sent of but the Scots committed suicide. They could have settled for a draw by kicking the last ball into touch but thought they could beat the Welsh.

The ''offences'' which saw Irish and Scots player sin binned were totally pointless

Chloe O'brien
14-02-2010, 02:31
It's just as well I'm a mongrel. Mixed blood Scottish and Irish. Ireland have only suffered a minor setback in their challenge. Scotland are running out of space in the trophy cabinet to store all the wooden spoons.

Katy
14-02-2010, 08:45
I am as well Kath! Scotland were ding so well, cant believe they threw it away by a pintless mistake.

THey definitly looked a lot better than previous years, Rbinson seems to be doing the job, bet he had something t say about rthat.

Aside from Healy being binned and that silly penalty from Flannery that changed the game, IReland had a bright start. Still the triple crown to go after,

CrazyLea
14-02-2010, 19:50
Oh my gosh!!! What an ending to the Wales-Scotland match yesterday! Talking about being on the edge of your seat! To be fair Wales didn't really deserve it, but glad they won. Best match I've seen in a while anyway (well the end). Wales really need to pull their socks up. So far they have played rubbish. I'm feeling the fear for the Ireland and France matches!!

alan45
14-02-2010, 20:43
Pretty poor performance by England today. The Italians deserved to beat them

Jojo
14-02-2010, 22:01
Pretty poor performance by England today. The Italians deserved to beat them

Totally agree Alan - very poor performance by England and the Italians deserved to win it. I actually surprised myself by agreeing with Jeremy Guscott for once when he commented on how cr@p England were and after Steve Borthwicks interview, who said how great they played, said how he thought Borthwick must have been thinking he played one game, but in body played a completely different one.

They have to stop this kicking game malarky and get back down to basics.

alan45
15-02-2010, 00:01
I thought it a bit rich for Brian Moore to say theta the Italians have previously only beaten the likes of Wales and Scotland but never a team of Englands class.

What a pmpous ass. To think I used to think it was only Jeremy Guscott talked out of his @rse. Even when the Italians were down to 14 men they still played better rugby than England. The wheels may not yet have fallen off the chariot but they are looking decidely wobbly

Jojo
15-02-2010, 16:44
Totally! Brian Moore was right when he said they played like a team who couldn't change their game strategy depending on the way the game was being played on the pitch, but talking about a "class" England team?! Huh?! I don't think we've been a "class" team for a long long time and won't be for a long time to come, not without a heck of a lot of work! I'd say the chariot only has one or two wheels left on it - certainly isn't 4 anymore.

alan45
26-02-2010, 17:44
Well its another big weekend for the Six Nations this weekend. Wales play Les Bleus tonight, Scotland play Italy tomorrow and in a match which will maybe decide the triple crown Ireland play England at Twickenham tomorrow as well

alan45
28-02-2010, 09:28
What a superb weekend of Rugby we had. I felt sorry for Wales not beating the French. I honestly thought they were going to. Still it proved that Les Bleus can be beaten although I really cannot see England or Scotland doing it. The Scots too were unlucky not to beat the Italians.

As for Ireland and England. The best team won. Ireland were the stronger of the two but yet again Danny Care was unavle to contol his temper and led to an England penalty being reversed and Keith Earls scoring a try.

Nice to see Ulsterman Tommy Bowe scoring two as well

alan45
01-03-2010, 01:54
JAMES HASKELL insists England can still win the Six Nations.:rotfl:
The Stade Francais flanker confessed to his 'bitter disappointment' about England's 20-16 Twickenham defeat by Ireland on Saturday.

He said: "At no time did I think we'd lose.:p We were asking far more questions of them than they asked of us.:searchme:

"Now we need to go away, regroup during the week and prepare for Scotland in Edinburgh on Saturday week. Then it is France on March 20. We still have the belief and the character to succeed.":(

Jonny Wilkinson, who scored 11 more points to take his world record to 1,096, said: "It's a hell of a bad feeling."

But England manager Martin Johnson growled: "I want them to keep that horrible feeling inside and release it against Scotland."

Unless the chariot receives a major overhaul they will be destroyed by the French. After all they were VERY lucky to beat Italy

Siobhan
01-03-2010, 09:26
Ireland/England match was brilliant.. going on stats Ireland shouldn't have one cause they only had 30% possession.. goes to show, it not how long you have the ball but what you do when you get it.. I hope England beat France cause we have a better chances of winning overall

alan45
01-03-2010, 10:20
If you look at the stats Shiv Ireland made three times as many tackles as England. Im sur Ireland had more than 30% possesion. I thought it was more like 45%. In the unlikely event that England beat France they would be more likely winners of the triple crown than Ireland.

If France then beat England and Ireland beat Wales and Scotland then Ireland should win the triple crown. I think the Wales match will be fantastic.

As it stands France are the only ones who can win the Grand Slam

lizann
01-03-2010, 11:44
Great game with Ireland and England well done Ireland winning

Chloe O'brien
21-03-2010, 02:21
Well bless my Leprachan. Can you believe it Scotland beat Ireland. What's going on there? Did someone foreget to put Guiness in O'Driscoll's porridge this morning? Pity it wa the last game of the six nations and not the first. Scotland may have had a few more points then.

Katy
21-03-2010, 08:17
Fair play to scotland theywere better team. My mam was very happy. Not the best way to finish the croke park years but entertaining game.

alan45
21-03-2010, 10:11
Well done to Scotland. Ireland squandered many chances with their appalling passing and needless giving away of penalties. The ball went with Scotland who if they had got the breaks in earlier matches would have had a shot at the triple crown. They are definately a team to watch for the next season.

lizann
22-03-2010, 12:34
Ireland gave it all away

alan45
26-03-2010, 13:29
Ireland's Tommy Bowe won the fans' vote for Six Nations player of the year.

The Ospreys winger, 26, beat off competition from last year's winner Brian O'Driscoll as well as France duo Imanol Harinordoquy and Morgan Parra.

Bowe scored three tries as the Irish finished second to France and missed out on the Triple Crown with a defeat at the hands of Scotland.

"To be named the player of the championship is a fantastic way to end what's been an exciting year," he said.

Bowe, who followed a superb Lions tour to South Africa last summer by producing an impressive Six Nations campaign, polled nearly 50% of the votes.

French number eight Harinordoquy was his closest challenger with 20.9% of the votes ahead of third-placed scrum-half Parra (11.5%).

Bowe added: "The tournament is always enjoyable and fantastic for rugby fans across Europe with some sensational, competitive rugby produced year after year.

"To be voted player of the championship by the fans is a huge compliment and I thank them for taking the time to vote."

Well Deserved I say

Katy
26-03-2010, 15:27
Bowe was amazing in all the games. Hes a cracking player.

alan45
26-03-2010, 17:34
Bowe was amazing in all the games. Hes a cracking player.

And best of all..............................................

He's an Ulsterman LOL

Katy
27-03-2010, 08:51
THats very true!

Am i right in thinking that hes one of the few that doesnt play club rugby in Ireland?

alan45
27-03-2010, 10:18
Yes, he plays in Wales for the Ospreys