PDA

View Full Version : CSI New York - Season 6 - Spoilers

tammyy2j
27-01-2010, 12:28
Passions will rise for 'CSI: NY' detective Mac Taylor in the police series later this year.

TVGuide.com reports that 'Twin Peaks' star Madchen Amick has been cast as a love interest for Taylor, played by Gary Sinise.

There are no details on Amick's character or when she will make her debut.

tammyy2j
27-01-2010, 12:29
Former Shark actress Sarah Carter has signed on as a series regular for CSI: New York.

Carter will play a clean-up technician with dreams of becoming a crime scene investigator, Ausiello reports. As the season goes on, it will be revealed that the character is hiding a secret. There is no word on when the character will make her first appearance during the season.

According to early reports, the character's name will be Kaye Sullivan. During his recent interview with CSI Files, Hill Harper (Dr Sheldon Hawkes) told Kristine Huntley that the new character "will be appearing very early in the season." However, Harper revealed that she wouldn't immediately jump in as a full-time series regular. Instead, there will be a trial period to see how the character works out. "I think that the new character is going to start out as a recurring," he explained. "I don't think [she's] going to start out as a series regular per se, and if the audience responds and it works well, eventually [she] would become a regular."

"You want to keep the show fresh, hot and sexy," Harper continued in his interview, explaining the choice to add a new character to the cast. "Look, Detective Angell (Emmanuelle Vaugier) was one of the most beautiful, sexy, interesting, strong female characters on TV, period. She's awesome. So I think if you look at the show, if you lose someone that appealing, with all that sex appeal and strength, you want to make sure you have characters that come and represent that. So why not? There are so many great personalities and actresses out there, why not find someone who's great and beautiful? I think that's awesome."

lizann
27-01-2010, 13:54
Danny is a wheelchair he got shot at the end of Season 5 :(

Chloe O'brien
28-01-2010, 12:00
Former Shark actress Sarah Carter has signed on as a series regular for CSI: New York.

Carter will play a clean-up technician with dreams of becoming a crime scene investigator, Ausiello reports. As the season goes on, it will be revealed that the character is hiding a secret. There is no word on when the character will make her first appearance during the season.

According to early reports, the character's name will be Kaye Sullivan. During his recent interview with CSI Files, Hill Harper (Dr Sheldon Hawkes) told Kristine Huntley that the new character "will be appearing very early in the season." However, Harper revealed that she wouldn't immediately jump in as a full-time series regular. Instead, there will be a trial period to see how the character works out. "I think that the new character is going to start out as a recurring," he explained. "I don't think [she's] going to start out as a series regular per se, and if the audience responds and it works well, eventually [she] would become a regular."

"You want to keep the show fresh, hot and sexy," Harper continued in his interview, explaining the choice to add a new character to the cast. "Look, Detective Angell (Emmanuelle Vaugier) was one of the most beautiful, sexy, interesting, strong female characters on TV, period. She's awesome. So I think if you look at the show, if you lose someone that appealing, with all that sex appeal and strength, you want to make sure you have characters that come and represent that. So why not? There are so many great personalities and actresses out there, why not find someone who's great and beautiful? I think that's awesome."

This character made her appearence three weeks ago she plays Helen Bacall.

lizann
19-02-2010, 11:32
Besides returning to Lost later this season, Harold Perrineau has signed on to appear on CSI: NY.

Perrineau, 46, will play a death row inmate in a prison riot — which involves CSI team member Sheldon (Hill Harper). The episode is slated to air in mid-April.

tammyy2j
30-04-2010, 11:16
CSI: NY (May 26, CBS)

Look for another maddening cliff-hanger as Shane Casey (guest star Edward Furlong) strikes again. His targets: Danny and Lindsay. "The season finale will involve a big, big event for Danny and Lindsay," executive producer Pam Veasey says. "It's something that will make [viewers] go, 'Oh my goodness!' That will be their response." Adds cast member Hill Harper about Casey's plans: "This is such a genius way of showing how diabolical he really is. You never know what he's going to do, and that is revealed in a very dangerous way."

lizann
13-07-2010, 10:57
Another long-running CBS procedural has been rocked by a high-profile departure: Melina Kanakaredes is leaving CSI: NY. Sela Ward, meanwhile, is in talks to replace her.

“We hoped Melina would return to CSI: NY for another season, but we respect her decision to move on,” said CBS (network and studio) in a statement. “Her amazing talent and invaluable contribution to the success of the series are greatly appreciated and will not be forgotten. She will forever remain a friend to the network and studio and we wish her the very best.”

In her own statement, Kanakaredes said, “I made some amazing and lifelong friendships during my six seasons on CSI: NY, and I will treasure them forever.”

CBS declined further comment, but a source tells me that Kanakaredes was approached with a new deal but she opted to move on. I’m told her last episode has already aired. Ward, meanwhile, is the odds-on favorite to fill the show’s leading-lady void.