PDA

View Full Version : Trouble int Street

alan45
09-06-2005, 10:36
Coronation Street writers have demanded an urgent meeting with ITV bosses over concerns that the network is damaging its flagship show by insisting on schedule changes and extra episodes to support reality flops.

Source: Broadcast

Its not just the writers who are angry. I'm sure most of us Corrie fans are annoyed too.

stacyefc
09-06-2005, 10:37
what do you mean?

Debs
09-06-2005, 10:53
it ois very annoying when they change the time it is on. i dont watch it all the time but i sometimes settle down and think i will watch it and then something else is on"!

Bad Wolf
09-06-2005, 10:56
you dont know if your coming or going when they change the times, and then they put 3 episodes on in one night and its corrie overlooad!!

Treacle
09-06-2005, 11:27
They started to change Brookie's times and look what happened there!

alan45
09-06-2005, 11:51
Its not so bad when they change it for something important. To change it to help boost some of these CRAP reality programs is stupid.

dddMac1
09-06-2005, 11:56
i'm not suprised that the script writers are angry they should just leave corrie where it is

dddMac1
09-06-2005, 11:57
They started to change Brookie's times and look what happened there!

thats true

Treacle
09-06-2005, 12:38
I've said it before and I'll say it again, sadly this is on it's way out now.

Bad Wolf
09-06-2005, 12:40
it will never happen

Treacle
09-06-2005, 12:50
it will never happen
Oh trust me it will. It's come close before :)
There's only so long that you can flog a dead horse sadly Rach. Shame too because it's proved over the past year or so that it's NOT a dead horse only to go back to being one. It's rubbish at the moment.

alan45
09-06-2005, 13:47
I've said it before and I'll say it again, sadly this is on it's way out now.

Not in my lifetime or yours. :p

EE is liable to disappear first

dddMac1
09-06-2005, 14:01
Eastenders is likely to End first

Treacle
09-06-2005, 14:13
I disagree, EastEnders is still a soap not some ridiculous pantomime.

Bad Wolf
09-06-2005, 14:16
at least corrie remains light hearted some of the time

eastenders is all doom and gloom, no one smiles anymore

Treacle
09-06-2005, 14:18
at least corrie remains light hearted some of the time

eastenders is all doom and gloom, no one smiles anymore
In the last episode alone (The Karaoke) dozens of people smiled.
I've just proved you wrong Rach :p

Bad Wolf
09-06-2005, 14:24
one off

Treacle
09-06-2005, 14:25
No not a one off even Pauline smiled when she got out of the cab at Aleesha's christening. Anyways this isn't even about my EastEnders. It's about Corrie being in trouble. It was NEVER that good anyways, it was because EE became so bad. Now EE is creeping back Corrie is looking worse :D

Bad Wolf
09-06-2005, 14:26
corrie combines the two really well, their writers have range and emotion

Treacle
09-06-2005, 14:29
Their drama is pretty poor.

Don't start an EE vs Corrie war, you won't win one with me I'm afraid Rach hun. I'll go hammer and tongs at it.

Bad Wolf
09-06-2005, 14:31
corrie is just better, the acting writing and directing. the drama involving shelly seems to be having a pretty big impact at the mo,

but we'll just have to dissagree

Treacle
09-06-2005, 14:33
Corrie WAS better and perhaps still IS but hasn't ALWAYS been and EastEnders is slowly transforming back into what it was when it was untouchable by ANY of the other soaps. Everyone I know is saying Corrie is turning into panto land and the Shelley storyline is abysmal.

Bad Wolf
09-06-2005, 14:35
how is that shelly story line abysmal?

Treacle
09-06-2005, 14:38
I'd rather see evil Trevor knock ten bells out of Amanda and Bethany Jordache or evil Trevor 2 knock ten bells out of Maureen than someone play mind games, the storyline has been going on for too long and is therefore a load of tosh. Believe you me, you might think there's a lot of fans who support the storyline but there's a lot who don't like it too. Even the critics are cottoning on now to how bad Corrie is getting, they're still slating EE but most of them last week said how Corrie was crossing the line now with characters like Cilla and Diggory who you cannot possibly care about.

Bad Wolf
09-06-2005, 14:41
I'd rather see evil Trevor knock ten bells out of Amanda and Bethany Jordache or evil Trevor 2 knock ten bells out of Maureen than someone play mind games, the storyline has been going on for too long and is therefore a load of tosh. Believe you me, you might think there's a lot of fans who support the storyline but there's a lot who don't like it too. Even the critics are cottoning on now to how bad Corrie is getting, they're still slating EE but most of them last week said how Corrie was crossing the line now with characters like Cilla and Diggory who you cannot possibly care about.

its trying to be real! thats what happens in real life. mind games start first before the fists come out! corrie are trying to show what happens so that hopefully someone will recognise whats happening in their own lives, and break the cycle before its too late

Treacle
09-06-2005, 14:43
It's a rubbish abuse storyline. The worst I've ever seen.
Bring back rubbish Mel Hutchwright, all is forgiven if this is what I have to be subjected to :)

Bad Wolf
09-06-2005, 14:47
i think its pretty good, domestic violence doesnt just happen and is instantly forgotton about. its good they are showning this

Treacle
09-06-2005, 14:52
It's pathetic, it's been going on for far too long.

Debate over as far as I'm concerned.
It's offtopic, back on topic:

I feel like the schedulers are taking the pee if you ask me, moving Corrie to suit Celeb Butlins, it's a load of tosh. Mind you ITV itself could soon be facing the chop the amount of flops they've had recently. And they said Aunty Beeb was in a spot of bother, atleast it's got some programmes that are hits and not soaps.
ITV relies too heavily on it's soaps. You can guarantee EE would be on more than 4 times a week if it was on ITV.

dddMac1
09-06-2005, 14:57
had the EE v corrie war on the BBC boards i don't want another one on here

Treacle
09-06-2005, 14:59
alan45 started off on EE.

Treacle
09-06-2005, 15:00
And then Rach had a go at EastEnders too, so I'm not taking the blame :p

Trinity
09-06-2005, 15:00
Now, now children..

dddMac1
09-06-2005, 15:03
does it really matter who started it whats done is done

Treacle
I want a full apology for winding me up :)
I am not going to stand back and let people pick holes in my Easties like Zebra's round a dead carcus, nah it's not on. This was a Corrie thread and I stuck to talking about Corrie.

Meh
Corrie won't be axed. Its almost a national institution.

As for storylines - not all storylines appeal to all people. Personally, I think shannis and molfie are absolutely dire storylines which is one of the reasons I don't watch much EE these days whereas the Shelley storyline is more realistic. Domestic violence doesn't run a course of a few weeks - for some its never ending.

Treacle
09-06-2005, 15:04
Corrie won't be axed. Its almost a national institution.

As for storylines - not all storylines appeal to all people. Personally, I think shannis and molfie are absolutely dire storylines which is one of the reasons I don't watch much EE these days whereas the Shelley storyline is more realistic. Domestic violence doesn't run a course of a few weeks - for some its never ending.
In that case I beg to differ with you as well Corrie has come close to the axe before during it's bad decade (the 90's).

Bad Wolf
09-06-2005, 15:05
exactly, if you dont like something then dont watch it, but it makes me angry when folk whinge about story lines that are trying to highlight a social problem such as domestic violence we are all faced with

Treacle
09-06-2005, 15:07
I am annoyed and upset that people are even slating my Easties in a thread about Corrie :(

Excuse me while I go and have a cry because I'm so bothered :D

It's not about that Rach it's about the mental abuse, it's a borefest.

Bad Wolf
09-06-2005, 15:12
its about domestic violence- it takes all shapes, things are going to get a lot worse for shelly, they have brought her mother back to prove that familes are friends are powerless to help until she sees it her self

Treacle
09-06-2005, 15:13
You like it, I don't :) That's fair?

dddMac1
09-06-2005, 15:14
the only thing i said was that EE is likely to end first is cause corrie is the longest running soap on tv been started 46 years ago and it goes from Strength to strength i was not saying it was Better than EE i swear

Bad Wolf
09-06-2005, 15:14
fine

Bad Wolf
09-06-2005, 15:15
the only thing i said was that EE is likely to end first is cause corrie is the longest running soap on tv been started 46 years ago and it goes from Strength to strength i was not saying it was Better than EE i swear

its really not your fault--- promise

Treacle
09-06-2005, 15:21
That proves nothing, Corrie wasn't even a proper soap in the 1960's, it was the 70's when it really started to take off, and it doesn't go from strength to strength just like EE it's had bad years.

Trinity
09-06-2005, 15:24
I prefer Emmerdale myself:angel:

Treacle
09-06-2005, 15:27
I prefer Emmerdale myself:angel:
Really? I don't see the attraction myself.

dddMac1
09-06-2005, 15:29
oh please we are not going to start a debate on what is the best and worst soap

Bad Wolf
09-06-2005, 15:30
no we are not

Treacle
09-06-2005, 15:35
I'll win so there's no point lol :p

I'm in a bad mood today so I could flip my top at anything including the computer. If I'm not on for a few days the computers ended up taking flying lessons through the window!

Grrrrr, I'm like a bulldog when I get going.

Sorry if I came across as being a bit of a cow here today.
You have my sincere apologies but I'm not apologising for being an EE fan just coming across as being childish and mad :p

alan45
09-06-2005, 16:47
Everyone I know is saying Corrie is turning into panto land and the Shelley storyline is abysmal.

You should widen your circle of friends :D

Actually the Shelley storyline is being handled fantastically. As I have said before on another thread I know a person who exactly the same thing is happening to. Its not a quick storyline but her 'abuse' has been building up slowly over the last couple of years.

However just to prove I am not being biased and want to start an EE v Corrie War. I want to put on record that I thought the Little Mo/ Trevor storline was brilliant/ Just a pity how they have ruined her character.

However WQ we will have to agree to differ on this one.

Treacle
09-06-2005, 16:57
You should widen your circle of friends :D

Actually the Shelley storyline is being handled fantastically. As I have said before on another thread I know a person who exactly the same thing is happening to. Its not a quick storyline but her 'abuse' has been building up slowly over the last couple of years.

However just to prove I am not being biased and want to start an EE v Corrie War. I want to put on record that I thought the Little Mo/ Trevor storline was brilliant/ Just a pity how they have ruined her character.

However WQ we will have to agree to differ on this one.
I cannot believe you're saying something good about EastEnders but it's nice that you are.
I prefer those kind of abusive storylines personally, this one has been acted good and I believe the situation but I don't like the length of it and it's becoming boring.

alan45
09-06-2005, 18:28
I cannot believe you're saying something good about EastEnders but it's nice that you are.
I prefer those kind of abusive storylines personally, this one has been acted good and I believe the situation but I don't like the length of it and it's becoming boring.

WQ I used to be a real EE Fan even going as far as taping it when I went on hols (now how sad is that) But over the last few years it has become atrocious with its PC storylines and ill thought out plots. I really do hope it comes good again back to its glory days. I feel it is trying to cater for a younger audience now, so maybe Im just too old.

Treacle
09-06-2005, 19:18
It's okay in some area's, I'll give it to the end of the year and see all these developments they have planned before I decide whether to go on watching. I wouldn't be loyal if I gave up now.