PDA

View Full Version : 'Neighbours' star tops Aussie CD chart

Perdita
24-01-2010, 07:36
Sam Clark has topped the Australian physical singles chart with his debut single 'Broken'.

The musician, who plays Ringo Brown in Neighbours, did not receive any radio support for the single and has been touring the country to promote it.

The lack of airplay meant that the song was not downloaded very often and is at number 50 in the combined downloads and physical singles chart.

"It has been disappointing and a real lesson on how the industry works," Clark told the Herald Sun. "You need radio play to reach the whole of Australia and I think radio is sometimes unwilling to take the risk to break an independent artist.

"So it's been really encouraging to break into the top 50 with little or no radio play."

Clark is hoping to release his debut album later this year.

Perdita
29-01-2010, 14:23
eighbours star Sam Clark has returned to filming following his recent break from the soap.

The actor put his role as Ramsay Street's Ringo Brown on hold late last year in order to concentrate on his music career.

Clark, 22, has since toured Australia to promote his debut song 'Broken', which recently topped the Australian physical singles chart despite a lack of radio airplay.

Speaking to Last Broadcast about his Neighbours return, the star confirmed: "I've just started back and it feels like I never left really. I have really missed the challenge and the people. It has been wonderful seeing everyone again in the last few days."

Asked if he has any plans to promote his music in the UK, Clark replied: "Yes I do! I am hoping to come later this year. Music coming with me for sure!"

DS

Perdita
11-02-2010, 15:05
Neighbours star Sam Clark's second single is to be showcased in a forthcoming episode of the soap, it has been revealed.

The 22-year-old will be seen performing his latest song 'Send Me A Sign' in character as Ringo Brown later this year, the Herald Sun reports.

It is believed that Ringo will dedicate the performance to his late friend Bridget Parker, who died last year after being involved in a car accident.

Clark commented: "I'm rapt to be performing on the show because the song fits so well with the storyline."

The actor's debut song 'Broken' topped the Australian physical singles chart last month, despite receiving little radio play.

Former Neighbours stars Delta Goodrem (Nina Tucker) and Dean Geyer (Ty Harper) also performed real-life singles in character on the show during their own Ramsay Street stints.

Abbie
11-02-2010, 15:50
So is he staying in neighbours?

Perdita
11-02-2010, 16:35
I think so, I think he just tood a 3 months break

Abbie
11-02-2010, 16:38
Oh good :) cos I quite like him