PDA

View Full Version : Sorensen: 'Give Neighbours plot a chance'

Perdita
20-01-2010, 17:31
Neighbours star James Sorensen has urged fans to give his character's new romance plotline a chance to develop.

The on-off relationship between the actor's alter ego Declan Napier and Kate Ramsay (Ashleigh Brewer) has attracted a mixed response from viewers in Australia in recent months.

Some fans believe that Declan is moving on too quickly following the death of his wife Bridget last year.

Responding to the criticism, Sorensen told TV Week: "We were expecting that. The Bridget and Declan relationship was built on so much foundation. There was a lot of time invested in it and it ended so suddenly. But viewers will see that it's really not an easy choice now for Declan. He struggles so much with it and he doesn't want to move on.

"I do think the audience will learn to accept this new romance. I'd like to tell them to hang in there and give it a chance."

Sorensen has previously praised the plotline's 'tasteful' tone.

DS

CrazyLea
20-01-2010, 18:29
I'm looking forward to seeing Declan and Kate get together :) I'm liking the build up.

Just because he's moving on, doesn't mean he's forgotten about Bridget, or doesn't still love Bridget even. He's got to move on some time.

Perdita
20-01-2010, 18:43
I agree, it is being done quite tastefully and he has to move on. We know he loved Bridget :wub:

CrazyLea
20-01-2010, 19:41
Yeah exactly. And it's not like he's rushing in to it either!

LostVoodoo
21-01-2010, 12:37
i'm all for it as well; they have a lot in common and will be good for each other.

Abbie
21-01-2010, 15:43
I think its a good storyline as well! :D