PDA

View Full Version : '24' Season 9

Perdita
12-01-2010, 12:12
The executive producer of 24 has teased that the show may go on for a ninth season.

Speaking at the Fox press tour, Howard Gordon said that the uncertainty surrounding the programme's future will not affect the way season eight ends.

"The way I've looked at it is that every single season [finale] could have been a series ender," he said.

"We just want to take it across the line credibly and then let the [other part] take care of itself. As long as Jack's not dead, anything is possible."

Star Kiefer Sutherland added that he is "absolutely open" to being involving in a ninth season.

"I've always said that as long as people wanted us to make it, and people were really interested in watching it, I would be interested. There are a lot of components involved. Right now my focus is on finishing season eight," he said.

24 returns for its eighth season Sunday, January 17 on Fox in the US and Sunday, January 24 on Sky1 in the UK.

Chloe O'brien
12-01-2010, 12:41
Yep I think Jack will be back next year. Not sure about anyother cast members.

Abigail
12-01-2010, 16:15
As long as Jack's not dead, anything is possible

So I guess he doesn't die in season 8 then.

lizann
12-01-2010, 16:31
Jack is cat with 9 lives

Anynews on the movie 24? Is it still happening?

Perdita
12-01-2010, 16:35
I think the movie is still being discussed, Kiefer wants in to be in Europe.

Meh
23-01-2010, 19:46
I didn't like the earlier seasons of 24 but season 7 was awesome and 8 is off to a good start

Chloe O'brien
24-01-2010, 00:49
Are you mad season 1, 2 & 3 were some of the best of 24. Finding out Jack's bit of stuff Nina murdered his wife in day 1 and watching him assisnate his boss in cold blood in day 3. Quality drama.

Meh
24-01-2010, 01:04
Maybe I will have to see seasons 2&3

I thought season 1 was good but not brilliant

Perdita
05-03-2010, 18:36
A spokesperson for NBC has refused to rule out the network picking up 24.

Recently, Fox declared that it had not made a decision about a renewal for the Kiefer Sutherland-fronted series, admitting "it's a very tough call".

Asked by The Hollywood Reporter if NBC would be interested in poaching the real-time drama, network president Angela Bromstad revealed that it was "unlikely" due to how expensive the series is.

"I think it would be expensive for us. It's been floated. It's all going to come down to how strong our development is," she said.

However, she added: "I wouldn't rule it out. I wouldn't think it's likely, but I wouldn't rule it out."

Chloe O'brien
07-03-2010, 01:04
They're playing mind games with 24 fans. Of course they know if day 9 will happen. Day 8 filming ends in April/May then they have a three months break before filming a new day begins. If recurring characters such as Chloe and President Taylor are to return they need to know so contracts can be negotiated. It has also been written in one of the 24 mags that the writers start writing the plots and scripts a year in advance so they will know if day 9 is going to happen.

alannah
10-03-2010, 13:29
Not looking too good:( http://www.thewrap.com/ind-column/tick-tock-clocks-stopped-24-15119

lizann
11-03-2010, 13:48
Multiple sources are reporting that anonymous parties in the know at Fox have decided not to renew 24 for a ninth day and that an official announcement could come any day now. Given the comments from NBC’s Angela Bromstad last week indicating that NBC had already been talking about whether to pick up 24 should Fox pass, it doesn’t come as a big surprise that Fox is tipping its hand.

Increasingly high production costs and diminishing ratings are cited as reasons the show will end its run on Fox. Fox’s studio will surely try to shop 24 and a distressed NBC is likely the only network that would give it any serious consideration. Ultimately, I can’t see NBC wanting to pay a high price for a show long in tooth that already isn’t getting great ratings. But you never know.

If not, there’s always the prospect of movies.

Perdita
11-03-2010, 16:13
Fox is expected to announce the cancellation of 24 in a matter of days, according to internet rumours.

Various sources suggest that the real-time drama has been axed by the network, with a formal announcement expected shortly.

The show has faced problems recently with declining ratings and Fox has made no secret of the fact that it is an expensive show to produce. Network president Kevin Reilly recently admitted that a renewal for 24 is "a very tough call".

Last year, Carlos Bernard - Tony Almeida on the series - hinted to Digital Spy that the current eighth season would be the last.

"I do, honestly [think season eight will be the last]. It's pretty hard creatively to find ways of topping yourself season after season, but we've gone for eight so far, so who knows? Regardless I think we're going to have a very good season this year."

Chloe O'brien
12-03-2010, 00:12
:crying: Anyone want to buy a telly in May. :crying: How can they axe my Kiefee. What will I do without Jack and Chloe. I tried to look for sympothy at work today. Told boss Les. His response was it's rubbish anyway and you've got the boxsets what you moaning about. :eek: Only consolation if the rumours are true is that we may get a 24 movie.

Perdita
12-03-2010, 06:47
Your boss Les :eek: Does he know what he is talking about :hmm: Guess :nono: :D

Perdita
27-03-2010, 08:06
Fox has confirmed speculation that it has decided to axe real-time drama 24 in its eighth season.

A statement issued by the network announced that the show will bow out with a two-hour series finale to air on May 24.

It is thought that declining ratings and increasing production costs led to the show's end.

The programme's cancellation was a joint decision by star and executive producer Kiefer Sutherland, executive producer and showrunner Howard Gordon, Twentieth Century Fox Television, Imagine Entertainment and Fox Broadcasting Company.

Sutherland said: "This has been the role of a lifetime, and I will never be able to fully express my appreciation to everyone who made it possible. While the end of the series is bittersweet, we always wanted 24 to finish on a high note, so the decision to make the eighth season our last was one we all agreed upon.

"This feels like the culmination of all our efforts from the writers to the actors to our fantastic crew and everyone at Fox. Looking ahead to the future, Howard Gordon and I are excited about the opportunity to create the feature film version of 24. But when all is said and done, it is the loyal worldwide fanbase that made it possible for me to have the experience of playing the role of Jack Bauer, and for that I am eternally grateful."

The movie, which will see Sutherland's Jack Bauer face enemies in Europe, is to be penned by State of Play screenwriter Billy Ray.

Gordon added: "Kiefer and I have loved every minute of making 24, but we all believe that now is the right time to call it a day. I echo his sentiments of gratitude toward the show's amazing creative team, as well as the studio and network who have always believed in us and shown us unbelievable support."

tammyy2j
27-03-2010, 16:01
No Season 9 its axed

Chloe O'brien
27-03-2010, 23:48
:crying::crying: OMG What am i to do now.

alannah
28-03-2010, 18:03
:( ...