PDA

View Full Version : NBC cancels 'The Jay Leno Show'

Perdita
10-01-2010, 20:36
he Jay Leno Show has reportedly been cancelled, according to NBC.

The network announced on Sunday morning that the chatshow would not be renewed for a second round.

NBC Universal TV chairman Jeff Gaspin said: "I can confirm that starting February 12, Jay Leno will no longer air at 10pm.

"My goal right now is to keep Jay Leno, Conan O'Brien and Jimmy Fallon as part of our late-night lineup. As much as I'd like to tell you we have a done deal, we know that's not true."

The peacock network has reportedly placed the blame on the cancellation on "affiliates". Gaspin expects to fill Leno's 10pm EST timeslot with "two hours of scripted, another reality hour and combination of expanded Dateline or repeats".

Those shows have been going for years :eek: But UK talk shows are also not as popular as they used to be, maybe it is a worldwide thing

Abigail
10-01-2010, 20:54
I remember reading a few months ago that the Leno show was about to be axed.

I think the problem is the time that they are shown. Who stays up until 12.30am during the week (Conan's show) to watch a program? It's not a serialised drama so missing one episode won't cause viewers to fall behind.

Move the programs to an earlier slot or to a different day if the ratings are falling. It's not as if these programs cost as much as House or 24 to produce.