PDA

View Full Version : Holby City Spoilers 26 Jan 2010

Perdita
07-01-2010, 13:12
Tuesday 26 January
8.00-9.00pm BBC ONE

* www.bbc.co.uk/holbycity

Linden (Duncan Pow) wants to help Faye through her grief

Linden wants to regain his friendship with Faye and help her through the loss of her son, Archie, as the medical drama continues. Faye finds her shift tough as she has to deal with the death of a young child.

Meanwhile, Thandie wants to persuade Ric to give her a second chance, but any hopes for reconciliation are shattered when she mishandles a case. Ric's suspicions are confirmed as he, Elliot and Thandie battle to stabilise a patient in theatre – Thandie hasn't changed.

When Maria is entrusted with running Darwin in Faye's absence, the stress gets to her. Maria realises that she's become a monster and is reminded that there are more important things in life than being perfect.

Tannie
07-01-2010, 15:50
I knew Ric would never give Thandie a chance considering her history. I'm not sure about the Faye storyline, i feel sorry for her and all but i just think it's getting to much.

Perdita
07-01-2010, 15:56
I have not watched Holby for a while - what is the history with Ric and Thandie. I know they were married once but no more.

Tannie
07-01-2010, 16:03
If i remember properly she was fraud, she never really had a medical degree and connie tried to persuade Ric about this and he didn't believe her but she managed to find out and show the information to Ric just before the wedding :D

Jojo
07-01-2010, 20:24
If i remember properly she was fraud, she never really had a medical degree and connie tried to persuade Ric about this and he didn't believe her but she managed to find out and show the information to Ric just before the wedding :D

So is she actually a qualified doctor now then ? I'm presuming she must be, but then, wouldn't it take longer than 2 years to qualify (confused dot com)

Tannie
07-01-2010, 22:01
So is she actually a qualified doctor now then ? I'm presuming she must be, but then, wouldn't it take longer than 2 years to qualify (confused dot com)

I'm not 100% sure actually, surely she must be or they wouldn't let her enter the hospital but i honestly couldn't tell you. sorry.

Jojo
07-01-2010, 22:09
I'm not 100% sure actually, surely she must be or they wouldn't let her enter the hospital but i honestly couldn't tell you. sorry.

Thats ok - its kind of confusing - I missed the episodes where she was in it originally, so she could have been partially qualified already or something, as you'd imagine her paperwork would have been checked out immensely especially after that happening before.

CrazyLea
07-01-2010, 23:19
Okay this is from Wikipedia.. and I know it's not always accurate.. but reading through it does bring back memories and seems pretty accurate to me.

Thandie Abebe-Griffin

Thandie Abebe-Griffin (portrayed by actress Ginny Holder) first appeared in series nine episode "Stargazer" as the new fiancé of Consultant Ric Griffin, having become engaged to him during his sabbatical in Uganda. Ethiopian born, Thandie illegally escaped to Uganda in 2005 as a result of political tensions, following the murder of her father and the imprisonment of her mother. From her arrival in Holby, Thandie repeatedly demonstrated herself to be less than competent as a doctor. She mis-diagnosed and mis-treated patients, clashing as a result with former Consultants Diane Lloyd and Lola Griffin. In episode "For Whom The Bell Tolls", she encounterd trouble when translating her reference into English, finding it to be uncomplimentary. As a result, her fiance, Ric Griffin, penned a reference for her himself. She engaged in mild flirtation with former Consultant Daniel Clifford, and clashed with Ric's daughter, Jess, over her engagement, and with Elliot Hope after she accused him of racial discrimination. On Thandie and Ric's wedding day, Connie Beauchamp discovered that Thandie never actually qualified as a doctor, and upon discovering the truth, Ric ended their marriage hours after it began. Thandie departed from the series shortly after. Thandie returned in season 12 as Locum Cardiothoracic Surgical Registrar, hired by new CEO Vanessa Lytton while Connie Beauchamp was suspended.[59] Elliot (Who thought the Mrs Griffin arriving was Lola) was at first hostile towards Thandie after what happened between them. Thandie has shown that she has changed as a person and that she has now all of her qualifications and has been impressive on pointing out some problems with some of the patients on the ward.

So she never actually qualified as a doctor... but she must have been training or something, seeing as she's got all her qualifications now. So Tannie pretty much remembered correctly :D

Tannie
07-01-2010, 23:25
Okay this is from Wikipedia.. and I know it's not always accurate.. but reading through it does bring back memories and seems pretty accurate to me.

So she never actually qualified as a doctor... but she must have been training or something, seeing as she's got all her qualifications now. So Tannie pretty much remembered correctly :D

Hmm.... i would rather of had Lola, but anyway. I remember that she mistreated patients. I want to go watch those episodes again, i wonder if youtube will have anything.