PDA

View Full Version : Casualty Spoilers 23 Jan 2010

Perdita
07-01-2010, 13:11
Last Roll Of The Dice
Saturday 23 January
8.50-9.40pm BBC ONE

* www.bbc.co.uk/casualty

While Adam keeps waiting by Jessica's bedside, life goes on in the Emergency Department with exams approaching for the increasingly stressed F2s, as the medical drama continues.

When May fails to impress Ruth and makes a clinical error, Ruth unleashes a barrage of anger on her mentee. Feeling low and worried May retaliates, resulting in a furious Ruth sending her home. Lenny can't believe his luck – with May having such a rough time and Yuki unexpectedly missing, it looks like the Fellowship is in the bag.

Still raw from her confession about the abortion, Ruth has a heated conversation about May with Jay, during which he tells Ruth that she should try and be more empathetic. Brought up short by this, Ruth pays May a visit at home, where she is horrified to see May slumped in a chair, with an open bottle of wine and some pills nearby.

The Ambulance Trust has made its decision in Polly's tribunal about Alistair's death, but she doesn't care either way; too scarred by events, she is determined to resign anyway. Jeff and Dixie blame each other and set out to do everything they can to change her mind.

After a long shift, the team head off to five-a-side football practice. Yuki is in disappointing form, but Charlie is delighted to be selected, despite his fitness levels. But his smile soon disappears when Shona arrives looking for the errant Louis. She has some big, life-changing news for Charlie and his son.

CrazyLea
07-01-2010, 14:50
Looks like a good week.

Who is Shona though?

Abigail
07-01-2010, 14:53
Who is Shona?

I can't believe that they're going down the suicide path again with an F2. I wouldn't mind if it was Ruth who attempted suicide again or an interesting character but May just bores me.

CrazyLea
07-01-2010, 14:59
I quite like May. I do feel sorry for her a bit. I don't like Lenny. I like Yuki.
Though I do think they are the most incompetent F2's we've ever seen :p. Though they are getting better.

Smileee. . .
07-01-2010, 15:12
I Was looking on the bbc one casualty and it said that may tells ruth some home truths to ruth so why wuld may then go and try and kill herslf that is just dumb different if it was ruth cos she has done it before but may is just boring ! x

AmzH4
07-01-2010, 15:25
Oh blimey!
But May just isn't the type...
Last week Nick congratulated her for cutting the aorta (?) during Jess's operation.
Ruthneeds to take time off...poor May, they both need to learn from eachother, Ruth needs to take a leaf out of Mays book regarding patient care and being nice e.t.c.
May needs to study harder and take a leaf out of Ruths book with that. They could be friends...lol unlikely!
Bet Ruth feels bad about this though :/
I like May though she is the only kinda realistic one apart from the whole suicide thing though that is a bit far.
I think Lenny should've been long gone, and Yuki is adorable but not doctor material, May is the only one that could do it...it's impossible to get a heart and be sympathetic/empathetic with patients but May has that it's easier to learn and study hard e.t.c. So May could do it.
Why don't they just throw a spanner in the works and let one of the unknown F2s have it (not May Lenny or Yuki) but we all know BBC wont do that!

Shona? I think that could be Louis girlfriend? Life changing news-she is pregnant with Louis child? Nahh to far fetched me thinks...
Perhpas she is a doctor and has come to tell Louis he has something (a disease?)
That would be life changing?

I hope Jess wakes up soon...it will be dramatic when Adam tels her the news.

And I reckon Polly will stay...

I think BBC are like see how much drama we can shove in this episode...they seem to be revisiting all the current story lines here normally they will just stick with one or two per ep. But here they have got Polly/Alistair stuff, Jess' accident, Ruth/Jay, F2sy stuff, Charlie/Louis and plus the whole new thing of Mays attempted suicide!

It's gonna be a big 'un!

CrazyLea
07-01-2010, 15:28
Shona? I think that could be Louis girlfriend? Life changing news-she is pregnant with Louis child? Nahh to far fetched me thinks...
Perhpas she is a doctor and has come to tell Louis he has something (a disease?)
That would be life changing?
Hmm if it is Louis' girlfriend, then I think you may be right with the prgnant thing :p Deffo life changing for both Charlie and Louis :p

freckleface
07-01-2010, 16:35
i wish may does die. I really can't stand her! I just wanna give her a good slap round the face! jeeesh.
at least ruth and jay are talking, even if its heated.

but if May gets inbetween them i will have to shoot her!

sophie-sweeti
07-01-2010, 17:18
Shonas that girl that Charlie walked in on them having sex in the on-call room.

Abbie
07-01-2010, 17:36
Oooo interesting week

AmzH4
07-01-2010, 22:01
Shonas that girl that Charlie walked in on them having sex in the on-call room.

Woah clever remembering sophie!!
So it's the pregnant thing almost definitely then...
Great dtective skills team! haha

sophie-sweeti
07-01-2010, 23:04
Woah clever remembering sophie!!
So it's the pregnant thing almost definitely then...
Great dtective skills team! haha

I should be on CSI :]

Tannie
07-01-2010, 23:06
It sounds interesting. I wonder if the life changing news is that she's pregnant, that was the first thing that sprung to mind when i read it.
I don't want may to commit suicide i quite like her:D I'm like you Lea hate Lennie but i like Yuki :D

Interesting week :D

CrazyLea
07-01-2010, 23:10
Glad I am not the only one who likes some of the F2's :p or F1's whatever they are

sophie-sweeti
07-01-2010, 23:12
Hopefully the may/suicide thing will shock ruth into remembering her own attempt and talk to jay about it :)

Tannie
07-01-2010, 23:15
Glad I am not the only one who likes some of the F2's :p or F1's whatever they are

F2's i think :S It's so confusing i think.

Abbie
07-01-2010, 23:16
Hopefully the may/suicide thing will shock ruth into remembering her own attempt and talk to jay about it :)

oooo thats a very good point and good thinking :D

Abbie
07-01-2010, 23:16

I like them at times....well recently they have gotten better

Abigail
07-01-2010, 23:24
F2's i think :S It's so confusing i think.

They're F2s, in their second year of supervised practising after five years of medical training.

Tannie
07-01-2010, 23:26
Thanks for that Abigail i wanted to say they were F3s for some reason but thought they were F2s.

Abigail
07-01-2010, 23:29
I don't think there is an F3 level, just F1 and F2.

CrazyLea
07-01-2010, 23:30
In what program is there an F1 at the moment haha I have heard it on something recently haha! Or did I dream it :p

Tannie
07-01-2010, 23:31
I don't think there is an F3 level, just F1 and F2.

I've just had a blonde moment oops. Think it's cause i'm tired ha!

Abbie
07-01-2010, 23:34
They're F2s, in their second year of supervised practising after five years of medical training.

why are there F1s on Holby?

CrazyLea
07-01-2010, 23:37
OOOO is it holby there are F1's!!!! ??

Abigail
07-01-2010, 23:38
why are there F1s on Holby?

F1s also have clinical jobs but they're straight out of med school and not as experienced as F2s (well, what difference a year's experience makes).

Foundation1 - first year after graduation working in clinical setting
Foundation2 - second year after graduation

Then they become a Senior House Officer (SHO)

Abbie
07-01-2010, 23:40
But the F1s on holby are so much better than the F2s in casulaty

Abbie
07-01-2010, 23:40
OOOO is it holby there are F1's!!!! ??

yes lol :D

CrazyLea
07-01-2010, 23:41
Penny and Oliver??

Yeahhh they have much more responsibility as well :S

Abbie
07-01-2010, 23:43
Penny and Oliver??

Yeahhh they have much more responsibility as well :S
exactly! which is why im sooo confused!

Abigail
07-01-2010, 23:44
But the F1s on holby are so much better than the F2s in casulaty

These three are probably the most incompetent F2s ever to grace the ED. Even Toby knew more than these three put together, he just lacked confidence to put it into action. Toby was a good doctor; these three are arrogant, over confident and think they're better doctors than they are. I certainly wouldn't want to be treated by a doctor who couldn't even stop a nosebleed.

Roll on the day they all leave.

Abbie
07-01-2010, 23:45
Its like they have never treated people before

CrazyLea
07-01-2010, 23:45
The F1's in Holby City still have a lot more responsibiility :S Even than Ruth and Toby did :s. And they don't wear scrubs :p

Abbie
07-01-2010, 23:47
The whole this is just very confusing!!!

CrazyLea
07-01-2010, 23:50
Yeah tis a bit haha :p

Though Penny and Oliver did consult each other and books a lot :p

Abigail
07-01-2010, 23:51
The F1's in Holby City still have a lot more responsibiility :S Even than Ruth and Toby did :s. And they don't wear scrubs :p

I think it depends what ward they're on and if their superiors trust them as to how much responsibility they have.

As for scrubs, it's more a case of protection from bodily fluids than anything else. You're more likely to encounter a spurter coming into A&E than on a CT ward. Although I've been on a cardio ward where all the nurses were wearing scrubs and the doctors were wearing suits.

AmzH4
08-01-2010, 09:00
Perhaps its harder in A&E due to the pressure and you never know whats coming in i guess...although the F2s are pretty pants...!!

StarsOfCCTV
08-01-2010, 15:50
I too find it hard to believe that Penny and Oliver seem much more qualified than the F2s, especially in regard to operations - the F2s barely seem able to do an ECG/EEG (or whatever it is). Lenny and Yuki's characters are far to overdeveloped and exaggerated.

I don't mind May, whilst also incompetent, she seems the most normal and natural one out of them! I look forward to the storyline with May and Ruth - I don't think the F2s know about Ruths attempt. Could be an interesting storyline.

sophie-sweeti
08-01-2010, 16:52
oooo thats a very good point and good thinking :D

Heres hoping =]

tammyy2j
10-01-2010, 17:57
Whats happening with Charlie and Louis?

Abigail
10-01-2010, 18:47
I think we're about to see Louis' Rebellion Part II

lizann
11-01-2010, 13:27
I hate Louis

Abbie
12-01-2010, 15:36
I think we're about to see Louis' Rebellion Part II

he really bored me

felicity
17-01-2010, 09:55
Hey there. Am new but while reading I had a different thought about Louis. What if she has an infection? HIV or something not quite as bad? Pregnancy seems the most obvious and predictable but that would knock the arogance right out of louis. Waiting for HIV test results etc.

StarsOfCCTV
17-01-2010, 10:06
That would be more interesting storyline.

Abbie
17-01-2010, 12:49
Good point, much more interetsing as pregnancy is always an obvious choice in these situations, plus it hasnt really been that long since the pregnancy storyline with ruth and jay

AmzH4
17-01-2010, 12:51
Actualy yeah...
Perhaps she has an STI or something along those lines, and she has come to tell Louis coz he probs has it too?

sophie-sweeti
17-01-2010, 14:14
i dont think so because the way the spoilers are worded suggests Charlie "sees" Shona's new when she sees him.