PDA

View Full Version : Den's Return Wins EE Vote

callummc
11-03-2005, 16:04
I'm so happy that i'm not alone,i've just checked the results of the birthday vote on the EE website and Dens return has won the best storyline vote followed by the Shannis storyline,Your not my mother was third,but for me the winner proves den still has a large following out there,even though he dosn't on these boards.Message to EE bring him back.

Treacle
11-03-2005, 22:10
Why on earth would they want to bring him back and lose even more credibility?

Nice to hear something decent won though. I was in fear of Shannis winning and us on-line EE fans getting a bad reputation. There was all kinds of highlights to vote for and I certainly didn't give Shannis my vote.

*JSW*
11-03-2005, 22:18
Was Shannis even a storyline? Did it have any real outcome? Why was it interesting? Why are people so obsessed with Sharon/Dennis? So many questions...

And EE have had loads of better storylines than the return of Den (again was it even a proper storyline?) All these tweenies votes, don't they remember the good days?

Treacle
12-03-2005, 06:17
To be fair the return of Den was much better than Shannis which I feared at one point might win but the list of highlights was extended much further than that and there was definately other potential winners on that list that would have been better suited to winning. You have to remember though that a lot of younger fans won't have seen them and will have voted on what they have seen.

andromeda
12-03-2005, 10:14
I'm not suprised Den won the vote! If anyone observed it they would've realised just how rigged it was. The Den vote suddenly increased by about 8,000 votes overnight one night. Makes it kind of pointless for anyone who votes legitimately on that board anymore.

callummc
12-03-2005, 11:57
Now come on i'm not having it that a bbc board would rig a vote,especially in Dens favour after the way he's been treated,i'm sure they are gutted that a person they axed has won,but as much as i wanted dens return to win if it hadn't i would not have thought for one minute that EE would rig the vote.

andromeda
12-03-2005, 14:07
I'm not saying the BBC rigged the vote, quite the opposite... but I'm certain Den fans did rig the vote in a way of protesting. As I said... one night Den was on about 1000 votes... the next morning he was in the leads with 9000.

Such a pity because it does take away from all the genuine voters out there.

callummc
12-03-2005, 15:49
How could den fans rig the vote,tou only get one chance,if you try again it just said thankyou for voting and showed who was winning.

andromeda
12-03-2005, 16:25
Their system is far from flawless... it uses cookies to mark who's voted and cookies can easily be erased. If you've got the time, and patience (something I personally don't have lol) you could notch up alot of votes by youself.

It wasn't the only vote to change... and we've had people openly admitting to vote rigging on the old BBC board before.

Alisha
13-03-2005, 19:56
Rigging is so easily done in these polls on the BBC site. Its been done before too. The fact that it raised by thousands overnight speaks for itself. It carries alot of bais

Rigged or not rigged -I do feel thats Den's return was a great storyline and the script and acting between Leslie and Letitia was behond brilliance (comes from the greatness of the godess - Sarah Phelps :) ). I voted for Sharongate but I really did enjoy the scenes around his return in 2003.

callummc
13-03-2005, 23:55
I don't think it's fair to say the vote was rigged .i might be a Den fan but i don't know what a cookie is,and lets face it if Den fans can use cookies so can everybody elses,and if Den return had lost i'd have been gutted but i wouldn't have been saying it was a fix ,i'd have put it down to the age thing cos more young people use the internet than older people,that's why a lot of the older good storylines didn't get many votes,we may all see repeats but as the years go on the older episodes although better written appear dated,also with only seeing one off episodes we don't see the build up to some of these excellent storylines.

Treacle
14-03-2005, 00:29
If Den's return was rigged then I'm going to claim that all the mad Shannis fans rigged the vote to get Shannis more votes too :p

andromeda
14-03-2005, 18:48
It's do think it's fair to say it's rigged, you may not know what a cookie is, but plenty of people out there do. As I said... it going up 8000 votes in one night said it all. Especially when it got around 12,000 after a month of voting. It certainly wasn't the first vote to be rigged, and certainly won't be the last.

Remember a few weeks back with the best couple for the Vic... That stayed at a consitant 80% Kat & Alfie, 10%Sharon & Grant & 10% Den & Angie... until the last couple of nights of voting. Again, overnight, the Den Angie vote went from around 2000 to 17,000 and then jumped up to around the 35,000 mark the next night. That is vote rigging to an extreme (One of these nights was when the other vote went up 8,000 votes)

We've seen it before with Shannis votes... where people trying to upset Shannis fans have rigged it against them only for the Shannis fans to rig it back... I'm sure there will be plenty more examples, but the BBC voting system is a joke.

Add to that a very reliable BBC board poster (who I won't name) told me that they'd seen the vote rigging planned on another board, with instructions on how to do so...

The birthday vote was made a mockery of by people who wanted to protest Den's departure.

Treacle
14-03-2005, 18:50
You must have a lot of spare time on your hands to clear your cookies after every vote especially if you're doing thousands.

andromeda
14-03-2005, 19:25
That's why it had to be more organised... a group of users doing it. I certainly wouldn't have the patience for it.

Mr_Cellophane
14-03-2005, 20:17
You write a script to do it. It's not very difficult if you konw how ! :cool:

callummc
15-03-2005, 00:01
but why bother,Den fans would make a better protest if they put pen to paper and wrote to EE telling them that they want Den back,i'm not saying we'd get anywhere but at least EE would know how we felt,rather than wasting their time messing with their cookies,and let's face if Den fans can cheat so can the moon fans,shannis fans and everybody else,just face it Den 's return won hands down and don't forget they did get very high ratings so a lot more people saw that episode.

Treacle
15-03-2005, 00:04
No point writing in about Den he's dead now.

callummc
15-03-2005, 07:55
You don't get what i meant, all i meant was that if anyone feels that strongly that they'l sit and waste hours messing with their computers as some are saying as part of a protest,well no one knows their protesting so if they wanted to protest they'd do better writing in,and then turning off,like my gran has done,at least EE know why some of their veiwers have turned off then,also it's EE own fault if people write in cos they should have showed the body down the hole,mind you then i would have turned off to.

andromeda
15-03-2005, 09:14
They are better off protesting in the way you mention, but sorry... that vote was rigged. When you get an 8000 overnight jump in the vote there's no denying it. It makes a mockery of all the votes that others placed.

As I said previously... it's obvious other votes had been rigged aswell, but there's no way I or a whole load of other people would accept that BBC poll as valid.

Treacle
15-03-2005, 11:58
Maybe all of the BBC staff decided to vote for their favourite too and they liked Den?

Alisha
15-03-2005, 17:02
I'm inclined to agree with Andromeda here. Den's return didn't win fair and sqaure. I mean come on -8,000 votes in the last night of voteing? -that is beyond extream. It's the fact that the figures rised so dramatically over such a short time that makes me really question its validity. Den's return wasn't the first BCC poll to be rigged on the bbc forum either. Many people know how to delete cookies and I think that if a number of Den fans have time on thier hands and are desperate for him to win, then they will do it. If the Den's return won with consistant steady figures over time with the same out come then I would'nt think it was rigged. However 8,000 votes...................

Treacle
15-03-2005, 17:03
The beeb have more than 8000 staff they are allowed to vote.

Alisha
15-03-2005, 17:07
The beeb have more than 8000 staff they are allowed to vote.

that true but if that were the case then don't you think it's a bit odd for the vast majority to vote for the same storyline and at the same too?

callummc
15-03-2005, 19:49
Maybe a lot of people voted on the last night cos if i remember rightly EE advertised it at the end of the show,now a lot of people don't bother going on the website unless EE advertise there's a vote or a competition that's of interest to them.Also you could say some storys didn't get all the votes they should cos there's 7 of us that share this computer and only 1 vote,now 5 of us are den fans,1 shannis fan and 1 was for angies big lie so den got the vote cos the other 2 were outnumbed,but den lost 4 votes just from 1 house,and i'm sure that a lot of other familys share the computers.

Treacle
15-03-2005, 20:37
The beeb have way over 8000 staff though so if they all got a chance to vote, maybe the majority DIDN'T vote for Den's return, there is enough of them for it not to be the majority.

andromeda
16-03-2005, 09:51
Maybe a lot of people voted on the last night cos if i remember rightly EE advertised it at the end of the show,now a lot of people don't bother going on the website unless EE advertise there's a vote or a competition that's of interest to them.Also you could say some storys didn't get all the votes they should cos there's 7 of us that share this computer and only 1 vote,now 5 of us are den fans,1 shannis fan and 1 was for angies big lie so den got the vote cos the other 2 were outnumbed,but den lost 4 votes just from 1 house,and i'm sure that a lot of other familys share the computers.

It wan't that night that it jumped up, and the Den vote wouldn't have been the only vote to have jumped that much if that had been the cause.

Family do share computers, but most family members have their own logons, and each logon has it's own cookie setting.

Treacle
16-03-2005, 10:01
These accusations are unfounded but shall I e-mail them to Crimewatch UK? :D